Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 212 213
WOAH!! This is amazing!!! I'm about to spend far too mush time messing around with this!!! [emoji=guardian star size=1]
WOAH!! This is amazing!!! I'm about to spend far too mush time messing around with this!!!
77696944_QykUN2hTzlQMCkD.png
Happy anniversary FR!
Happy anniversary FR!
wind.gif hammyfriend.giftumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png fVaaE.giffr+3, avid equestrian, she/her
THIS IS SO AMAZING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START :O Single feeding ;_; I will henceforth be a fasting lair still, BUT with fed coli fighters!! This is such an upgrade to my FR life!!! I can't even begin to describe how impatient I've been for a hoard revamp [emoji=coatl scared size=1] one where you can SORT items, SEARCH for items, maybe even- who knows???- filter out items that are used elsewhere on site (Baldwin, Swipp...)
THIS IS SO AMAZING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START :O

Single feeding ;_; I will henceforth be a fasting lair still, BUT with fed coli fighters!! This is such an upgrade to my FR life!!!

I can't even begin to describe how impatient I've been for a hoard revamp one where you can SORT items, SEARCH for items, maybe even- who knows???- filter out items that are used elsewhere on site (Baldwin, Swipp...)
seven years to feed just your coliseum dragons

The apparel being to the right of the dragons with a bunch of empty, dashed border boxes is very offputting but I understand if you couldn't have put it anywhere else perhaps, the only other thing I could think of would be switching it out with the gene information under "physical" but then that would mess up all that "thematic" stuff.

I know you never do toggles or options but maybe it would be best to just switch the apparel UI off if it would be easier to code at that point. I'd much prefer the rare pm asking me what an apparel item is than looking at the current clutter on the screen.

everything else about this update is fine and/or good.
seven years to feed just your coliseum dragons

The apparel being to the right of the dragons with a bunch of empty, dashed border boxes is very offputting but I understand if you couldn't have put it anywhere else perhaps, the only other thing I could think of would be switching it out with the gene information under "physical" but then that would mess up all that "thematic" stuff.

I know you never do toggles or options but maybe it would be best to just switch the apparel UI off if it would be easier to code at that point. I'd much prefer the rare pm asking me what an apparel item is than looking at the current clutter on the screen.

everything else about this update is fine and/or good.
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png
bleh
bleh2 bleh3 StjSAn9.png
b PUBaf.gif
I was hoping for the map update, but this is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was hoping for the map update, but this is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary!
Life is just a neat example of electromagnetic force!
@Subdued there are left/right arrows. Just hover your mouse over the dragon on desktop and tap the side of the dragon on mobile
@Subdued there are left/right arrows. Just hover your mouse over the dragon on desktop and tap the side of the dragon on mobile
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
Absolutely amazing update! I so look forward to customizing dragon profiles, specially with vistas. Though personally, I'd love if in the future we could be able to rearrange or even hide certain blocks of information, mostly to de-clutter the profile a little bit. Also, being able to add text inside the vista portion!

Happy Anniversary! <:
Absolutely amazing update! I so look forward to customizing dragon profiles, specially with vistas. Though personally, I'd love if in the future we could be able to rearrange or even hide certain blocks of information, mostly to de-clutter the profile a little bit. Also, being able to add text inside the vista portion!

Happy Anniversary! <:
WG2K6wH.png
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 06:59:08" ] oh my god HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FR!!!!! Wow first page. Imma go ahead and use this opportunity to say a thing: Familiar naming? 10/10 More aired, less boxed dragon profile? 10/10 Fresh prince of bel air??? 100000000000/10 Apparel being the first thing you see in the dragon's page? 0/10. From a design perspective, your eye enters the dragon page from the apparel. It's not so bad because it seems constrained to the bottom left area, which is gestalt-wise the least important and memorable, but it's certainly not more important than the dragon's info (hatchday, length, genes), which got renegated to the bottom row. Apparel is unimportant unless a viewer is specifically looking for a piece's name, and it's redundant to have apparel and the dragon wearing the apparel in the same "most important" row of the profile page. My point: Apparel and dragon info should switch places. The rest of the revamp is absolutely gorgeous. But apparel is not important enough to be the first thing you see in a dragon's page, besides being redundant since the dragon's image is already wearing the apparel. editing again: I don't mean to degrade or complain, your efforts are so great and so appreciated, thank you for creating such an amazing game and continuously updating it to be the best it can be. I am just looking out for the satisfaction of our community and players, as I am not the only person that was bothered by the apparel being on such an evident spot. We love you <3 Please take this point into consideration. editing again: FAMILIAR SELECTION IS SO UNSPEAKABLY GOOD I AM WEEPING I LOVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS UPDATE [/quote] I hope we can address this! It's the only part of the update that is really jarring. Replacing the dragon info to where it had been originally and putting apparel back where it was might be better, especially since the top is so artwork heavy and then there is a comparatively ugly apparel interface. I'm very glad people are saying this <3
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 06:59:08:
oh my god
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FR!!!!!

Wow first page. Imma go ahead and use this opportunity to say a thing:

Familiar naming? 10/10
More aired, less boxed dragon profile? 10/10
Fresh prince of bel air??? 100000000000/10
Apparel being the first thing you see in the dragon's page? 0/10. From a design perspective, your eye enters the dragon page from the apparel. It's not so bad because it seems constrained to the bottom left area, which is gestalt-wise the least important and memorable, but it's certainly not more important than the dragon's info (hatchday, length, genes), which got renegated to the bottom row. Apparel is unimportant unless a viewer is specifically looking for a piece's name, and it's redundant to have apparel and the dragon wearing the apparel in the same "most important" row of the profile page.

My point: Apparel and dragon info should switch places. The rest of the revamp is absolutely gorgeous. But apparel is not important enough to be the first thing you see in a dragon's page, besides being redundant since the dragon's image is already wearing the apparel.

editing again: I don't mean to degrade or complain, your efforts are so great and so appreciated, thank you for creating such an amazing game and continuously updating it to be the best it can be. I am just looking out for the satisfaction of our community and players, as I am not the only person that was bothered by the apparel being on such an evident spot. We love you <3 Please take this point into consideration.

editing again: FAMILIAR SELECTION IS SO UNSPEAKABLY GOOD I AM WEEPING I LOVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS UPDATE

I hope we can address this! It's the only part of the update that is really jarring. Replacing the dragon info to where it had been originally and putting apparel back where it was might be better, especially since the top is so artwork heavy and then there is a comparatively ugly apparel interface. I'm very glad people are saying this <3
[quote name="RoyalSorceress" date="2020-06-08 07:37:51" ] Second post- You know, I thought about it, and I actually have a suggestion! For those of you who remember older deviantART (sorry for the comparison, I can think of nothing else at the moment) we used to have these things called Widgets. They were pre-determined boxes of information. If Flight Rising made the Apparel Section a Widget, the Familiar a Widget, the Physical Info, etc etc (you see where I'm going with this) and allowed players to move those where they saw fit around and below the dragon, I think that would make for a better display option. I still also stand by allowing for the following edits: Changing text size (possibly font) Changing image size (particularly the familiar) Allowing Widgets to be collapsed so that a click will 'reopen' them (like the apparel section) And general edits, such as but not limited to, changing the size/placement of the energy bar and where buttons to feed fall and such These are just my suggestions after some consideration! I hope those of you enjoying the layout can continue to do so, but I also hope for folks like me who want some change, that a future (and hopefully nearby edit) will allow for some modifications. Happy 7th year anniversary FR. Thank you for being my safe place to have fun and enjoy my interwebs hobby for years. <3 [/quote] I'm no codeing expert but adding movable boxes and widgets sounds like a huge undertaking for a site that is struggling to revamp stuff as it is. I agree it would be nice to make text a bigger or smaller but the other stuff seems like a pretty big stretch.
RoyalSorceress wrote on 2020-06-08 07:37:51:
Second post-

You know, I thought about it, and I actually have a suggestion!

For those of you who remember older deviantART (sorry for the comparison, I can think of nothing else at the moment) we used to have these things called Widgets. They were pre-determined boxes of information.

If Flight Rising made the Apparel Section a Widget, the Familiar a Widget, the Physical Info, etc etc (you see where I'm going with this) and allowed players to move those where they saw fit around and below the dragon, I think that would make for a better display option.

I still also stand by allowing for the following edits:
Changing text size (possibly font)
Changing image size (particularly the familiar)
Allowing Widgets to be collapsed so that a click will 'reopen' them (like the apparel section)
And general edits, such as but not limited to, changing the size/placement of the energy bar and where buttons to feed fall and such

These are just my suggestions after some consideration! I hope those of you enjoying the layout can continue to do so, but I also hope for folks like me who want some change, that a future (and hopefully nearby edit) will allow for some modifications.

Happy 7th year anniversary FR. Thank you for being my safe place to have fun and enjoy my interwebs hobby for years. <3

I'm no codeing expert but adding movable boxes and widgets sounds like a huge undertaking for a site that is struggling to revamp stuff as it is. I agree it would be nice to make text a bigger or smaller but the other stuff seems like a pretty big stretch.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 212 213