Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 86 87
galore is gorgeous i love him oh my gods what a good lookin' guardian! can't wait to grab my gifts from him [emoji=guardian love size=1] sad he'll be useless most of the time but i see how something like site-wide gifting needs to be reworked somehow.
galore is gorgeous i love him oh my gods what a good lookin' guardian! can't wait to grab my gifts from him sad he'll be useless most of the time but i see how something like site-wide gifting needs to be reworked somehow.
yzUX307.png
Galore is beautiful and I appreciate this idea largely as it can easily be a way to fix the whole "Marva Default Drop Is Worthless Because Inactivity" problem that tends to happen during holiday events.
Galore is beautiful and I appreciate this idea largely as it can easily be a way to fix the whole "Marva Default Drop Is Worthless Because Inactivity" problem that tends to happen during holiday events.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
I am seeing a lot of people wanting a longer time frame on Galore. That is not a bad idea. I don't think holding everything forever is a good idea. That could damage Galore's programing/data space. However maybe looking into Galore holding an item/s for say 2 weeks or even until the next item/s are released could be an idea? Or you could go with a bumping system. Let Galore hold a few items maybe 3-5. If the first items are not claimed by the time or the new items come out they are removed/deleted from Galore's list? Just thinking out loud.
I am seeing a lot of people wanting a longer time frame on Galore. That is not a bad idea. I don't think holding everything forever is a good idea. That could damage Galore's programing/data space. However maybe looking into Galore holding an item/s for say 2 weeks or even until the next item/s are released could be an idea? Or you could go with a bumping system. Let Galore hold a few items maybe 3-5. If the first items are not claimed by the time or the new items come out they are removed/deleted from Galore's list? Just thinking out loud.
Please, have a look at some of my favorite places!! Misty:She/Her
The only relevant thing I have to say is that Galore is galore-ious.
The only relevant thing I have to say is that Galore is galore-ious.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="TheFloralFaun" date="2019-05-06 11:42:02" ] [quote name="celebie" date="2019-05-06 11:38:42" ] [quote name="TheFloralFaun" date="2019-05-06 11:35:44" ] [quote name="celebie" date="2019-05-06 11:33:34" ] [quote name="Duveteux" date="2019-05-06 11:29:00" ] I think that a week is a bit short, how about 30 days ? [/quote] no game would give thirty days though. again, it's a simple action of just logging in to click a button. if you can feed your dragons at the very least you can do this!! [/quote] I would have to disagree. There has been many times where I had to be gone for either multiple weeks up to 2 months (not by choice). It is not always as simple as logging in to click a button. So I have to agree that the time should be extended past 7 days. [/quote] the feature is meant to reward ACTIVE players. if you can't be active enough to log in for a few minutes & click the button then you can't get the reward. that's just how it works & it shouldn't be extended [/quote] So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense. [/quote] you can buy what you missed. irl stuff happens and sometimes you can't do much. but even if you're on a trip there's gotta be a way to spare thirty seconds to log in and click a button. again, i couldn't grind for this past flameforger's due to school but i still logged in to feed my dragons.
TheFloralFaun wrote on 2019-05-06 11:42:02:
celebie wrote on 2019-05-06 11:38:42:
TheFloralFaun wrote on 2019-05-06 11:35:44:
celebie wrote on 2019-05-06 11:33:34:
Duveteux wrote on 2019-05-06 11:29:00:
I think that a week is a bit short, how about 30 days ?

no game would give thirty days though. again, it's a simple action of just logging in to click a button. if you can feed your dragons at the very least you can do this!!

I would have to disagree. There has been many times where I had to be gone for either multiple weeks up to 2 months (not by choice). It is not always as simple as logging in to click a button. So I have to agree that the time should be extended past 7 days.

the feature is meant to reward ACTIVE players. if you can't be active enough to log in for a few minutes & click the button then you can't get the reward. that's just how it works & it shouldn't be extended

So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense.

you can buy what you missed. irl stuff happens and sometimes you can't do much. but even if you're on a trip there's gotta be a way to spare thirty seconds to log in and click a button. again, i couldn't grind for this past flameforger's due to school but i still logged in to feed my dragons.
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
Galore looks amazing, love the art!
The new reward-collecting looks great, sounds like it will stop great valued items from just staying in accounts that haven't been logged in for months, or even years.
Galore looks amazing, love the art!
The new reward-collecting looks great, sounds like it will stop great valued items from just staying in accounts that haven't been logged in for months, or even years.
10 hours ahead of the FR server time.
Can doodle your dragon(s) for some treasure/gems!
Free to use level 20 cauldron!
Not digging the new item implementation, but Galore is so ridiculously gorgeous.
Not digging the new item implementation, but Galore is so ridiculously gorgeous.
nC079FU.gif
FObX7rS.png
TO5f5vS.png
QUIpVFE.png
Al1BEGR.png
b1d9d7038ed5f6df160810683bbdaaad19236e65.png
[quote name="TheFloralFaun" date="2019-05-06 11:42:02" ] So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense. [/quote] Not at all! That's why there's currency in the game that you can buy items with. I mean, how else would I be able to collect all the paper masques that came out even though I only got one craft kit? I can still get them. It just takes a bit of effort.
TheFloralFaun wrote on 2019-05-06 11:42:02:
So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense.

Not at all! That's why there's currency in the game that you can buy items with. I mean, how else would I be able to collect all the paper masques that came out even though I only got one craft kit? I can still get them. It just takes a bit of effort.
Interesting! 8Ua at first I was worried cause I can definitely see myself missing a 1-day pickup, but a week is pretty good!

Also Galore's art is awesome! Good job to whoever worked on them!
Interesting! 8Ua at first I was worried cause I can definitely see myself missing a 1-day pickup, but a week is pretty good!

Also Galore's art is awesome! Good job to whoever worked on them!
UEKFohX.png
Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves Galore's design; it's gorgeous!

I do agree that the period of grace could be lengthened some, but I can understand wanting to keep the items more limited as well. Either way, I look forward to seeing this be implemented!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves Galore's design; it's gorgeous!

I do agree that the period of grace could be lengthened some, but I can understand wanting to keep the items more limited as well. Either way, I look forward to seeing this be implemented!
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 86 87