Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 86 87
I really like the 7 day timespan, I am all for it and have nothing against it. However, I am also one of those players who like the thought of the a longer time-span. I do online school, and ever since i can remember, during the summer all devices (Like tablets and computers) get locked away and we arnt allowed to use them again till the first day of school. SO, for the whole summer, 2 months, i would not be able to grab an item from Galore's and I would be unable to participate in events, even though i want too. (Not the developers fault, im saying that there are some instances where people WANT to participate, and cannot) It would be really nice if there was a slightly longer window to grab the item from Galore, but I do understand and admire your reasonings for choosing 7 days. I'm just giving everyone a real life example of how it would help, because sometimes it really isnt as easy as logging on and hitting a button as some people are suggesting.
I really like the 7 day timespan, I am all for it and have nothing against it. However, I am also one of those players who like the thought of the a longer time-span. I do online school, and ever since i can remember, during the summer all devices (Like tablets and computers) get locked away and we arnt allowed to use them again till the first day of school. SO, for the whole summer, 2 months, i would not be able to grab an item from Galore's and I would be unable to participate in events, even though i want too. (Not the developers fault, im saying that there are some instances where people WANT to participate, and cannot) It would be really nice if there was a slightly longer window to grab the item from Galore, but I do understand and admire your reasonings for choosing 7 days. I'm just giving everyone a real life example of how it would help, because sometimes it really isnt as easy as logging on and hitting a button as some people are suggesting.
i have an art shop,,, check it out boos
much love,,
Oh, Galore is looks wonderful! Look at that majestic beard!! x3
Oh, Galore is looks wonderful! Look at that majestic beard!! x3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
[quote name="celebie" date="2019-05-06 11:38:42" ] [quote name="TheFloralFaun" date="2019-05-06 11:35:44" ] [quote name="celebie" date="2019-05-06 11:33:34" ] [quote name="Duveteux" date="2019-05-06 11:29:00" ] I think that a week is a bit short, how about 30 days ? [/quote] no game would give thirty days though. again, it's a simple action of just logging in to click a button. if you can feed your dragons at the very least you can do this!! [/quote] I would have to disagree. There has been many times where I had to be gone for either multiple weeks up to 2 months (not by choice). It is not always as simple as logging in to click a button. So I have to agree that the time should be extended past 7 days. [/quote] the feature is meant to reward ACTIVE players. if you can't be active enough to log in for a few minutes & click the button then you can't get the reward. that's just how it works & it shouldn't be extended [/quote] So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense.
celebie wrote on 2019-05-06 11:38:42:
TheFloralFaun wrote on 2019-05-06 11:35:44:
celebie wrote on 2019-05-06 11:33:34:
Duveteux wrote on 2019-05-06 11:29:00:
I think that a week is a bit short, how about 30 days ?

no game would give thirty days though. again, it's a simple action of just logging in to click a button. if you can feed your dragons at the very least you can do this!!

I would have to disagree. There has been many times where I had to be gone for either multiple weeks up to 2 months (not by choice). It is not always as simple as logging in to click a button. So I have to agree that the time should be extended past 7 days.

the feature is meant to reward ACTIVE players. if you can't be active enough to log in for a few minutes & click the button then you can't get the reward. that's just how it works & it shouldn't be extended

So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense.
Seems interesting, i log on every day so its just a matter of me remembering to collect the item, so hopefully the social media notifications will help ^-^
also Galore is my new favorite trading post dragon he is perfect
Seems interesting, i log on every day so its just a matter of me remembering to collect the item, so hopefully the social media notifications will help ^-^
also Galore is my new favorite trading post dragon he is perfect
she/they | +0 fr time
wishlistbadgesadoptshatchery
Galore = god tier
Galore = god tier
mx5 #339872
· he/she
· fr time +3
· emergency comms
[quote name="Before" date="2019-05-06 11:37:13" ] While I'm not terribly upset about the time limit, it does seem like a punishment for being inactive if the free gifts are just as infrequent as before. If they're more frequent, then it would make sense, but having Galore be useless for all but three-ish weeks a year seems like a bit of a waste. Perhaps have him keep the gift for you until he has something else to give out? He doesn't have to keep a backlog, but being able to come back from hiatus to a single gift from Galore would be a nice surprise, or even a nice stable surprise if someone can't game for months at a time. Regardless of if he's changed, I do hope there's some sort of reminder somewhere, like that Joxar popup on Festival days. Like, have Pinkerton pop up with a "hey, I think that Guardian over there has something for you too" or something, if not the main page or your lair. It would really suck if you missed a free gift because you weren't aware that it was there, like if you don't read every news post thoroughly. [/quote] I would like this better. People do have commitments and that would be nice to have the other NPC dragons remind you. Or there could even be a pinned alert like with Baldwin? On another note Galore's design is amazing.
Before wrote on 2019-05-06 11:37:13:
While I'm not terribly upset about the time limit, it does seem like a punishment for being inactive if the free gifts are just as infrequent as before. If they're more frequent, then it would make sense, but having Galore be useless for all but three-ish weeks a year seems like a bit of a waste.

Perhaps have him keep the gift for you until he has something else to give out? He doesn't have to keep a backlog, but being able to come back from hiatus to a single gift from Galore would be a nice surprise, or even a nice stable surprise if someone can't game for months at a time.

Regardless of if he's changed, I do hope there's some sort of reminder somewhere, like that Joxar popup on Festival days. Like, have Pinkerton pop up with a "hey, I think that Guardian over there has something for you too" or something, if not the main page or your lair. It would really suck if you missed a free gift because you weren't aware that it was there, like if you don't read every news post thoroughly.

I would like this better. People do have commitments and that would be nice to have the other NPC dragons remind you. Or there could even be a pinned alert like with Baldwin?

On another note Galore's design is amazing.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
Wow! Galore seems pretty cool. I think we should have a Coatl and Ridgeback in the Trading Post, too!
Wow! Galore seems pretty cool. I think we should have a Coatl and Ridgeback in the Trading Post, too!
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
Good update! It was kind of fun getting personal PMs from the detities but I completely understand why you changed it.

My only complaint is that one week is way too short-- I'm an active player but I have work commitments that can take me away from the internet for weeks at a time, especially over the spring and summer field season. I would be incredibly disappointed if I missed the anniversary event or something because I was out on a ship in the middle of the Pacific over the very short window you had the item available
Good update! It was kind of fun getting personal PMs from the detities but I completely understand why you changed it.

My only complaint is that one week is way too short-- I'm an active player but I have work commitments that can take me away from the internet for weeks at a time, especially over the spring and summer field season. I would be incredibly disappointed if I missed the anniversary event or something because I was out on a ship in the middle of the Pacific over the very short window you had the item available
ZT1GQLd.png
Love the general idea of basing when items are distributed on when a player goes up to get them to minimize the system strain. Absolutely not a fan of putting a time limit on the collection of said items. I was so beat after a recent hospital stay that stretched four days I wouldn't have thought (or possibly even had a chance) to collect something within the 7 day limit. And those people who are on hiatus will miss every single one they aren't around for at the time. They are still accounts present at the time and have supported the site in one way or another in the past; they deserve the chance to have the items even if they happen to be gone for a month or six months or something and come back.

I don't see why Galore's thing can't just recognize a person's start date and only offer them items that came after it. Then someone on hiatus can go pick them up when they come back, and those who weren't an account for x event can't create an item from before they started. The hiatus people would be picking it up after the initial rush anyway, so it's not like there'd be a huge strain if like ten people came back five months late and generated their items.
Love the general idea of basing when items are distributed on when a player goes up to get them to minimize the system strain. Absolutely not a fan of putting a time limit on the collection of said items. I was so beat after a recent hospital stay that stretched four days I wouldn't have thought (or possibly even had a chance) to collect something within the 7 day limit. And those people who are on hiatus will miss every single one they aren't around for at the time. They are still accounts present at the time and have supported the site in one way or another in the past; they deserve the chance to have the items even if they happen to be gone for a month or six months or something and come back.

I don't see why Galore's thing can't just recognize a person's start date and only offer them items that came after it. Then someone on hiatus can go pick them up when they come back, and those who weren't an account for x event can't create an item from before they started. The hiatus people would be picking it up after the initial rush anyway, so it's not like there'd be a huge strain if like ten people came back five months late and generated their items.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Oh I actually love this change!! And Galore is a VERY handsome dragon wowwie!!
Oh I actually love this change!! And Galore is a VERY handsome dragon wowwie!!
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 86 87