Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 86 87
This is pretty cool ovo
This is pretty cool ovo
ew9u8Xp.png
[quote name="sirspiderider" date="2019-05-06 11:45:52" ] [quote name="TheFloralFaun" date="2019-05-06 11:42:02" ] So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense. [/quote] Not at all! That's why there's currency in the game that you can buy items with. I mean, how else would I be able to collect all the paper masques that came out even though I only got one craft kit? I can still get them. It just takes a bit of effort. [/quote]
sirspiderider wrote on 2019-05-06 11:45:52:
TheFloralFaun wrote on 2019-05-06 11:42:02:
So because I cannot control how life decides to throw itself at me and I cannot log constantly into a game I love I am considered inactive and therefore removed from retrieving rewards in a game that I do my best to support through donations or otherwise. Great idea 10/10 makes sense.

Not at all! That's why there's currency in the game that you can buy items with. I mean, how else would I be able to collect all the paper masques that came out even though I only got one craft kit? I can still get them. It just takes a bit of effort.
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
Awesome! Perfect way to encourage users to stay active and check in at least once a week, as well as rewarding active users by potentially increasing the value of event gifts. It's unfortunate that players who may be on vacation/lose internet will not automatically receive items and potentially miss out, but every rose has its thorns. I think the benefit to both active users and the website itself (less taxing) is worth it.
Awesome! Perfect way to encourage users to stay active and check in at least once a week, as well as rewarding active users by potentially increasing the value of event gifts. It's unfortunate that players who may be on vacation/lose internet will not automatically receive items and potentially miss out, but every rose has its thorns. I think the benefit to both active users and the website itself (less taxing) is worth it.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
it's a great idea! I know how "Hard" it is to give everyone a item. this can rally be time consuming. so pls don't overwork staff ok?
it's a great idea! I know how "Hard" it is to give everyone a item. this can rally be time consuming. so pls don't overwork staff ok?
CeLSHOy.png
I think that's a good way to release items. Also, more trading post dragons = more fun!!!
I think that's a good way to release items. Also, more trading post dragons = more fun!!!
I DEMAND MORE GIRAFFES
+1 FR Time
Very picky with terts
No need to ping if it's my post
Nice.
Nice.
Absolutely stunning art for this NPC, I'm really glad that we've had 2 very cool additions to official NPCs in the last year, first with Rounsey and now with Galore! I currently only have a couple Guardians (both male) in my lair and Galore makes me want a few more with his lovely beard! NPCs are so neat when they show small variations that are possible, like longer beards for male guardians!

As for thoughts on the actual feature, I think this is a very logical way to distribute free items for events (now that I think about it, this seems like what most other sites that I've played do). I think 7 days is very fair, generous amount of time, honestly. This feature is meant to reward active players, which is why a smaller time limit seems right. It only takes about 10 seconds to log on and check the feature. And it's actually pretty comparable to festivals, which are also a week, so things are consistent!
Absolutely stunning art for this NPC, I'm really glad that we've had 2 very cool additions to official NPCs in the last year, first with Rounsey and now with Galore! I currently only have a couple Guardians (both male) in my lair and Galore makes me want a few more with his lovely beard! NPCs are so neat when they show small variations that are possible, like longer beards for male guardians!

As for thoughts on the actual feature, I think this is a very logical way to distribute free items for events (now that I think about it, this seems like what most other sites that I've played do). I think 7 days is very fair, generous amount of time, honestly. This feature is meant to reward active players, which is why a smaller time limit seems right. It only takes about 10 seconds to log on and check the feature. And it's actually pretty comparable to festivals, which are also a week, so things are consistent!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
[quote name="Caprineki" date="2019-05-06 11:31:07" ] Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.[/quote] That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do too.
Caprineki wrote on 2019-05-06 11:31:07:
Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.
That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do too.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Seven days doesn't seem long enough. Maybe two weeks instead? I want to make a Galore dragon too, but that primary gene has doesn't exist yet. Will we have that gene? Is it supposed to be speckle lite or something? Can I actually make a handsome dragon that matches? Because speckle, bar and basic don't really match. Then again nothing in the color wheel matches because of the choices the artists made. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=7&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=7&auth=c8ea9bf211784fcdd2eda9095fcfdff1eeae6254&dummyext=prev.png[/img] dust/charcoal/charcoal is the closest I can get.
Seven days doesn't seem long enough. Maybe two weeks instead?

I want to make a Galore dragon too, but that primary gene has doesn't exist yet. Will we have that gene? Is it supposed to be speckle lite or something? Can I actually make a handsome dragon that matches? Because speckle, bar and basic don't really match. Then again nothing in the color wheel matches because of the choices the artists made.

dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=7&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=7&auth=c8ea9bf211784fcdd2eda9095fcfdff1eeae6254&dummyext=prev.png
dust/charcoal/charcoal is the closest I can get.
galore is..... gorgeous.. working that beard
galore is..... gorgeous.. working that beard
23821.png they/them | fr +3
aroace
perpetually in coli hell

(main) oc tab
og oc tab
please use pronouns
listed in my dragons'
bios, thank you

buying OC art
hoard cleanout