Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 304 305
"No. Eye types are not genes and are not passed down from adults to hatchlings via the breeding system."

really bad idea

i would be fine with eyes if we could apply them like a gene or clothing but lol now my breeding projects are gonna be messed up/harder
"No. Eye types are not genes and are not passed down from adults to hatchlings via the breeding system."

really bad idea

i would be fine with eyes if we could apply them like a gene or clothing but lol now my breeding projects are gonna be messed up/harder
w33CcwM.pngEfr5bPb.pngv2WpsKj.pngoNi4OTA.png8r7mgXQ.png
What the hell with the changing the colors on the eyes of the dragons we already have, FR?

Joining the chorus of not okay comments!
What the hell with the changing the colors on the eyes of the dragons we already have, FR?

Joining the chorus of not okay comments!
isjE8eL.gifbotffbadges_puff_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78h.pnggaTqJ8t.pngtumblr_ogxikm56am1vfeckzo3_100.png
oooo this is going to be exciting!! *runs off to hatch eggs*

Though for breed projects maybe there could be like a "remove eye gene" to bring it back to the normal default "common"?
oooo this is going to be exciting!! *runs off to hatch eggs*

Though for breed projects maybe there could be like a "remove eye gene" to bring it back to the normal default "common"?
UbXQ54R.jpg

h001Ndn.png
I love the concept of the new eyes, especially after bounty of the elements. To those that are saying it should be a gene, well no. The eyes were always the only thing that stayed consistent about what flight you were in. You knew if you were in ice, you would get white eyes, etc. Does that make sense genetically? No it doesn't, but the current breeding setup doesn't go off genetics either. We don't get to choose what colors/genes our dragons come out as, the eyes should be no exception.

That being said, I have to agree that there should be a way to revert a dragon to common eyes. If I decide to breed a dragon and I want a specific look, to get one with a specific set of colors and genes is already challenging with the breeding cooldown timers. Now add in another random variable with the style of the eyes, and it makes it even worse. I wouldn't be surprised if some people resorted to illegal multiple accounts just to get as many breeding chances as possible in. In addition, we have ways of reverting our dragons back to basic genes, changing their genes, or changing their colors. It just makes sense that we should have a way of reverting back to common eyes that is separate from the scattersight. I am not saying to change the eye color as that is unique to the flight they were hatched in. Just saying we should have at least some of the same functionality as we do with the rest of the dragon customization.

Now, I haven't read through all 120+ pages of comments on this thread, so it may have been voiced already. I am really disappointed that the scattersight item will be retired after Sunday. The familiar I can understand, but to make the item that allows you to change something on your dragon unavailable after 3 days is just heartbreaking. We have the scatterscroll for colors as a gem item. The april fool's day stuff drops at pinkerton, night of the nocturne drops everything from the previous night of the nocturne events, only the individual festival items and some limited other things are permanently retired (I'm thinking of you imperial scroll that was only for kickstarter supporters). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anything that modifies the look of your dragon like genes or scrolls (except the one I mentioned above) has been a retired item. Rare, only available for short amounts of time, yes those are all there but not permanently retired.

So, don't retire the scattersight item. Instead, as a compromise to keep it rare, make it a gem item that cycles into the gem marketplace for one week every 6 months or so. Same as like some of the gem items do. After Sunday, take it out of Baldwin of course. Putting it in as a cycling gem item (like Wildclaw scrolls) for the same cost as a scatterscroll will give us some way to have it in the future without making it entirely permanent. It will also make it rare so if you really want it, you save (or buy if you do that) your gems and then jump on the sale when it cycles in for a week/weekend.

Otherwise I love the concept, but just wish that some of the dragons would show it more. Except for some babies, the adults only have a couple pixels of eye color. For example, Lark who is my current avatar. You can just barely see his eyes. I doubt you could even tell if they were a different tint. It looks great on the babies posted, but the babies always had bigger eyes to begin with.
I love the concept of the new eyes, especially after bounty of the elements. To those that are saying it should be a gene, well no. The eyes were always the only thing that stayed consistent about what flight you were in. You knew if you were in ice, you would get white eyes, etc. Does that make sense genetically? No it doesn't, but the current breeding setup doesn't go off genetics either. We don't get to choose what colors/genes our dragons come out as, the eyes should be no exception.

That being said, I have to agree that there should be a way to revert a dragon to common eyes. If I decide to breed a dragon and I want a specific look, to get one with a specific set of colors and genes is already challenging with the breeding cooldown timers. Now add in another random variable with the style of the eyes, and it makes it even worse. I wouldn't be surprised if some people resorted to illegal multiple accounts just to get as many breeding chances as possible in. In addition, we have ways of reverting our dragons back to basic genes, changing their genes, or changing their colors. It just makes sense that we should have a way of reverting back to common eyes that is separate from the scattersight. I am not saying to change the eye color as that is unique to the flight they were hatched in. Just saying we should have at least some of the same functionality as we do with the rest of the dragon customization.

Now, I haven't read through all 120+ pages of comments on this thread, so it may have been voiced already. I am really disappointed that the scattersight item will be retired after Sunday. The familiar I can understand, but to make the item that allows you to change something on your dragon unavailable after 3 days is just heartbreaking. We have the scatterscroll for colors as a gem item. The april fool's day stuff drops at pinkerton, night of the nocturne drops everything from the previous night of the nocturne events, only the individual festival items and some limited other things are permanently retired (I'm thinking of you imperial scroll that was only for kickstarter supporters). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anything that modifies the look of your dragon like genes or scrolls (except the one I mentioned above) has been a retired item. Rare, only available for short amounts of time, yes those are all there but not permanently retired.

So, don't retire the scattersight item. Instead, as a compromise to keep it rare, make it a gem item that cycles into the gem marketplace for one week every 6 months or so. Same as like some of the gem items do. After Sunday, take it out of Baldwin of course. Putting it in as a cycling gem item (like Wildclaw scrolls) for the same cost as a scatterscroll will give us some way to have it in the future without making it entirely permanent. It will also make it rare so if you really want it, you save (or buy if you do that) your gems and then jump on the sale when it cycles in for a week/weekend.

Otherwise I love the concept, but just wish that some of the dragons would show it more. Except for some babies, the adults only have a couple pixels of eye color. For example, Lark who is my current avatar. You can just barely see his eyes. I doubt you could even tell if they were a different tint. It looks great on the babies posted, but the babies always had bigger eyes to begin with.
light-item-shop-button.png
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-06-08 10:06:07" ] I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not [/quote] The problem is - this takes ANY potential fun out of the gambling aspect. The tri-color scatterscrolls are fun because you know if you get a combo you don't like, you can always try again. This item both gives anyone with a job close to zero time to obtain extras, (2 days? really? at least give us a week so everyone can have an equal opportunity) but also with the lack of control like the scatterscroll, it's just going to be an item only sought after if you REALLY don't like the eyes, not if you want specific eyes (not to mention the issues with not being able to choose eyes/buy specific scrolls, the colors changing on our old dragons without asking us, and the fact that this really doesn't feel like a good idea) I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based. And that means the only people really buying into it when the value goes up are gonna be folks who got the multi eyes, plague eyes, or shadow eyes (I love all of them, but I know how they can be bad for other people's squicks) and want them gone. No one is gonna play a gambling game with 2k gems for eyes they're not guaranteed to get.
Shougoney wrote on 2018-06-08 10:06:07:
I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item

but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not

The problem is - this takes ANY potential fun out of the gambling aspect. The tri-color scatterscrolls are fun because you know if you get a combo you don't like, you can always try again.

This item both gives anyone with a job close to zero time to obtain extras, (2 days? really? at least give us a week so everyone can have an equal opportunity) but also with the lack of control like the scatterscroll, it's just going to be an item only sought after if you REALLY don't like the eyes, not if you want specific eyes (not to mention the issues with not being able to choose eyes/buy specific scrolls, the colors changing on our old dragons without asking us, and the fact that this really doesn't feel like a good idea)

I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based.

And that means the only people really buying into it when the value goes up are gonna be folks who got the multi eyes, plague eyes, or shadow eyes (I love all of them, but I know how they can be bad for other people's squicks) and want them gone. No one is gonna play a gambling game with 2k gems for eyes they're not guaranteed to get.
If responding to me please PING me!

I probably won't see it otherwise. :3
Glad to be a part of the celebration!! You guys have done an amazing job between the art, the website, the designs, and the game aspects of Flight Rising. I only discovered the site earlier this year but I'm very happy I have. I've met awesome people and have gained much delight from customizing my dragons. Here's to many more exciting years to come!! <3
Glad to be a part of the celebration!! You guys have done an amazing job between the art, the website, the designs, and the game aspects of Flight Rising. I only discovered the site earlier this year but I'm very happy I have. I've met awesome people and have gained much delight from customizing my dragons. Here's to many more exciting years to come!! <3
Wow… I mean, it's five years already, I've been here since, at least, the first anniversary. And this one is, by far, one of the best implements worstly done.
Seriously.

I can see this going on very wrong turns.
If with the colours was already a sort of nightmare (it took me years to get my perfect dragon), the genes were manageable, albeit expensive sometimes. Look, the eyes are pretty (except the scattered ones...) but I don't really want them. Except, maybe, the primal eyes on each of my "deity" dragons, and now I have to either start all over again, exalt or sell them, spend another couple of years searching the Aution houses for the dragon with the right set of colours + element + eyes, and spend more and more…
Or any breeding project going wrong and wrong again.

It would be so much better if it was controlable and reversible with scrolls or something. As it is now, while for some it is fun, for others its a whole new headache. I understand why you want it to be random, and new for everybody, but… its just not really much good. Sorry. If I was slowly losing interest here, more I am with this...

Happy fifth anniversary.
Wow… I mean, it's five years already, I've been here since, at least, the first anniversary. And this one is, by far, one of the best implements worstly done.
Seriously.

I can see this going on very wrong turns.
If with the colours was already a sort of nightmare (it took me years to get my perfect dragon), the genes were manageable, albeit expensive sometimes. Look, the eyes are pretty (except the scattered ones...) but I don't really want them. Except, maybe, the primal eyes on each of my "deity" dragons, and now I have to either start all over again, exalt or sell them, spend another couple of years searching the Aution houses for the dragon with the right set of colours + element + eyes, and spend more and more…
Or any breeding project going wrong and wrong again.

It would be so much better if it was controlable and reversible with scrolls or something. As it is now, while for some it is fun, for others its a whole new headache. I understand why you want it to be random, and new for everybody, but… its just not really much good. Sorry. If I was slowly losing interest here, more I am with this...

Happy fifth anniversary.
Uf8EgNV.png
Hey FR,

Why waste such a great opportunity to add a currency sink on-site? Having scatter vials be available as an expensive treasure item would CERTAINLY act as a sink. Please and thank you add more sinks.

Wishing for a working economy,

Me
Hey FR,

Why waste such a great opportunity to add a currency sink on-site? Having scatter vials be available as an expensive treasure item would CERTAINLY act as a sink. Please and thank you add more sinks.

Wishing for a working economy,

Me
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
staff dont listen to everybody, pls make it a retired item because ive spent all of my gems in the hope that the value will go up thnx
staff dont listen to everybody, pls make it a retired item because ive spent all of my gems in the hope that the value will go up thnx
9kiWQCb.png
[quote name="perikeets" date="2018-06-08 10:07:50" ] [quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-06-08 10:06:07" ] I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not [/quote] ok but as someone who doesnt like the plague primal eyes, im going to be stuck with something that makes me really uncomfortable. [/quote] @perikeets oh, but I also am for a removal scroll! I think the admins should stick to their word and retire this vial, but I also think there needs to be a removal scroll instead, a very affordable and permanent one that way, even while you cannot mutate your dragon to primal eyes or whatever, you can always get rid off mutations you dislike... I mean, I love the plague primal version but I totally see why others think it's gross ur unsettling, yeah
perikeets wrote on 2018-06-08 10:07:50:
Shougoney wrote on 2018-06-08 10:06:07:
I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item

but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not

ok but as someone who doesnt like the plague primal eyes, im going to be stuck with something that makes me really uncomfortable.

@perikeets
oh, but I also am for a removal scroll!
I think the admins should stick to their word and retire this vial, but I also think there needs to be a removal scroll instead, a very affordable and permanent one
that way, even while you cannot mutate your dragon to primal eyes or whatever, you can always get rid off mutations you dislike... I mean, I love the plague primal version but I totally see why others think it's gross ur unsettling, yeah
qR6otwA.png
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 304 305