Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 93 94
I think bottom line a few things need to be made more smooth. That's the constant loading and the slide maneuver the dragons do when they go in and out of attacks. I don't like the slight waiting period cause I tend to want to grind in Coli and do it fast. I didn't have many issues with the old Coli with this unless Coli froze or glitched in some way.

I feel that as x dragon slides back into place y dragon should be able to attack once x dragon either finishes their attack (before sliding back into place) or as they start sliding back into place. Cause I just simply do not like that, even if it's fairly small, waiting period. Cause along with the loading problem it just seems a bit too slow??

I do like the party sorting though and all the options below for widescreen/fullscreen mode and such though. It's very conventional/convenient and useful. I also like how we can switch between animated and none animated battling, but it sounds like there's some bugs when switching between the two? I haven't experience none animated yet as I'm just casually Coli'ing, but there's that to expect when I switch.
I think bottom line a few things need to be made more smooth. That's the constant loading and the slide maneuver the dragons do when they go in and out of attacks. I don't like the slight waiting period cause I tend to want to grind in Coli and do it fast. I didn't have many issues with the old Coli with this unless Coli froze or glitched in some way.

I feel that as x dragon slides back into place y dragon should be able to attack once x dragon either finishes their attack (before sliding back into place) or as they start sliding back into place. Cause I just simply do not like that, even if it's fairly small, waiting period. Cause along with the loading problem it just seems a bit too slow??

I do like the party sorting though and all the options below for widescreen/fullscreen mode and such though. It's very conventional/convenient and useful. I also like how we can switch between animated and none animated battling, but it sounds like there's some bugs when switching between the two? I haven't experience none animated yet as I'm just casually Coli'ing, but there's that to expect when I switch.
ezgif-2-da7e7819d0.gif
Would like to pitch in that I would greatly prefer if one could attack as soon as the previous is done (or whatever the old Coliseum version is doing). It feels slower when you have to wait for the dragon to move back into position before you can attack again.

Otherwise, I haven't had any problems making groups and switching between them so far.
Would like to pitch in that I would greatly prefer if one could attack as soon as the previous is done (or whatever the old Coliseum version is doing). It feels slower when you have to wait for the dragon to move back into position before you can attack again.

Otherwise, I haven't had any problems making groups and switching between them so far.
So far so good! The eliminate-glitch doesn't happen any more, (breath is retained after usage of elimination with a full breath meter, although that might be because of the current settings for breath-loss) and the combat seems to flow nicely, however I get a glimpse of an error message every time I transition into a new battle. I haven't been able to read it, yet, since it's gone in the blink of an eye.
So far so good! The eliminate-glitch doesn't happen any more, (breath is retained after usage of elimination with a full breath meter, although that might be because of the current settings for breath-loss) and the combat seems to flow nicely, however I get a glimpse of an error message every time I transition into a new battle. I haven't been able to read it, yet, since it's gone in the blink of an eye.
Everything is so much smoother an faster, that's awesome! And I can find the dragons I want a lot faster so that gets two thumbs up from me. I CAN SORT BY LEVELS. I AM SO HAPPY.
Everything is so much smoother an faster, that's awesome! And I can find the dragons I want a lot faster so that gets two thumbs up from me. I CAN SORT BY LEVELS. I AM SO HAPPY.
Are you ready for a scary story...?ZNP42DI.png o94-d1-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d2-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d3-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d4-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d5-Color-Blind-Brat.png
I was excited when I saw everyone talking about how fast the coli is now. But it's the complete opposite for me.

I was already a faster clicker than the coli could accommodate. Now the lag between being able to click on an action seems twice as long as before.

Also, the reloading screen forces me to manually re-position the page between each battle to have the picture and controls where I need them to be.

If this holds it will make grinding intolerable for me.
I was excited when I saw everyone talking about how fast the coli is now. But it's the complete opposite for me.

I was already a faster clicker than the coli could accommodate. Now the lag between being able to click on an action seems twice as long as before.

Also, the reloading screen forces me to manually re-position the page between each battle to have the picture and controls where I need them to be.

If this holds it will make grinding intolerable for me.
tumblr_on2jk2roo91r0vp0no1_250.png
i love how smooth the actions are now and the sorting options when building a team are soo nice
i love how smooth the actions are now and the sorting options when building a team are soo nice
pushing things to the centerSlight-Eyewing.pngspace veilspun adopts
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
Ok, another issue I do not like when in none animated mode is the fact when an enemy dodges (and a dragon if any of mine ended up dodging any enemy attacks...idk couldn't fully tell.) you can't fully tell unless you look close enough to see your attack didn't land. I miss seeing "Dodged!" when your attack didn't fall on an enemy or when an attack didn't land on a dragon. Even if it got "bothersome" when grinding for special items, familiars or for DOM it was nice to be in the know of what was going down.
Ok, another issue I do not like when in none animated mode is the fact when an enemy dodges (and a dragon if any of mine ended up dodging any enemy attacks...idk couldn't fully tell.) you can't fully tell unless you look close enough to see your attack didn't land. I miss seeing "Dodged!" when your attack didn't fall on an enemy or when an attack didn't land on a dragon. Even if it got "bothersome" when grinding for special items, familiars or for DOM it was nice to be in the know of what was going down.
ezgif-2-da7e7819d0.gif
[quote name="CountingChocobos" date=2018-02-05 12:10:18] I do not like that you have to wait for a dragon to 'slide back' to its original position before you can select your next dragon's move. (Or in the case of disabling animations, the time it takes to select your next move is longer.) As someone who coli grinds a lot - that little detail is very noticeable and annoying. :'D I greatly prefer the 'flow' of the old coli. [/quote] Ditto on this, it's significantly slower to grind in the BETA than it is in the current coli. It doesn't help that they take their sweet time going back to their spot either, you've got 50 QCK get a move on D; Other than that everything runs smoothly and seems pretty fine on my end. I did notice the number of damage you deal now shows up [i]after[/i] you attack, during the slide back animation. I hope that isn't the reason for the slide back, I'd much prefer everything go back to being rather instant.
CountingChocobos wrote on 2018-02-05:
I do not like that you have to wait for a dragon to 'slide back' to its original position before you can select your next dragon's move.

(Or in the case of disabling animations, the time it takes to select your next move is longer.)

As someone who coli grinds a lot - that little detail is very noticeable and annoying. :'D

I greatly prefer the 'flow' of the old coli.

Ditto on this, it's significantly slower to grind in the BETA than it is in the current coli. It doesn't help that they take their sweet time going back to their spot either, you've got 50 QCK get a move on D;

Other than that everything runs smoothly and seems pretty fine on my end. I did notice the number of damage you deal now shows up after you attack, during the slide back animation. I hope that isn't the reason for the slide back, I'd much prefer everything go back to being rather instant.
20829.png __ null | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
The constant page refreshing is incredibly obnoxious on my laptop, as I have to scroll back down to the coli's original position after every battle. This is... really bad for my usual long coli sessions. I can easily see it causing issues with older devices and slow connections, as well.

The pause to gain breath feels non-ideal as well, while I feel it can be more easily adjusted to than the page refreshing it does slow everything down by a lot.
The constant page refreshing is incredibly obnoxious on my laptop, as I have to scroll back down to the coli's original position after every battle. This is... really bad for my usual long coli sessions. I can easily see it causing issues with older devices and slow connections, as well.

The pause to gain breath feels non-ideal as well, while I feel it can be more easily adjusted to than the page refreshing it does slow everything down by a lot.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
A feature you might add if possible; offer the option to sort dragons in your lair by flight element for faster team building.

I do love how streamlined and super quick response time to controls the new beta has.
A feature you might add if possible; offer the option to sort dragons in your lair by flight element for faster team building.

I do love how streamlined and super quick response time to controls the new beta has.
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 93 94