Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90 91
Keep the bears and put them in the spare crate so all can eventually get them if they came in late. I think this should all be done for all past holiday familiars.
Keep the bears and put them in the spare crate so all can eventually get them if they came in late. I think this should all be done for all past holiday familiars.
"Thank you, on behalf of the Sanctuary. May your travels be safe & fortunate!"
~ Vailfor & Hadalin Emissary's of Sanctuary.
@Elai
Just my two cents, but retiring things in a game is the worst thing ever. Dragon Cave finally figured that out and brought back all previous Halloween dragons this year, and I have thus gone back to the game that I almost quit.
Why should items be retired when it gives only the people who have been playing from the start an overwhelming advantage? I don't care too much for the sprites, but some of the first year apparel I can no longer get is downright depressing. The staff pretty much know that the only way to get them all now is paying real money to buy gems, and that works to there advantage- but not ours.
A game should be 100% completeable without resorting to botting or paying real money just cause someone joined after the first year.
@Elai
Just my two cents, but retiring things in a game is the worst thing ever. Dragon Cave finally figured that out and brought back all previous Halloween dragons this year, and I have thus gone back to the game that I almost quit.
Why should items be retired when it gives only the people who have been playing from the start an overwhelming advantage? I don't care too much for the sprites, but some of the first year apparel I can no longer get is downright depressing. The staff pretty much know that the only way to get them all now is paying real money to buy gems, and that works to there advantage- but not ours.
A game should be 100% completeable without resorting to botting or paying real money just cause someone joined after the first year.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
Joxar's Spare Inventory
Joxar's Spare Inventory
wish there was a way to stop getting bears actually but this'll work. just sucks it'll clog up the pool of joxar's chest random draw.
wish there was a way to stop getting bears actually but this'll work. just sucks it'll clog up the pool of joxar's chest random draw.
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
@Elai of course the people who strongly hate having the bears around are going to be the most vocal. Why would people who don't care bother to say anything? Retirement isn't an option, so why would people against retiring complain about them not retiring? Yes, a number of players are sick of seeing the bears, but a huge amount of players are also against retirement, that is the point I'm making. Clearly, enough people were against retirement to warrant Joxar's Spare Inventory being created in the first place.

I care if people in 10 years can't get a bunch of items that aren't meant to be "special" - they're just items, that are fun to get, and there are huge numbers of them. I hate joining websites that have been in development for years and retire items because of the sheer mass of items that are unobtainable. Sure, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with not having the items, but there's nothing wrong with them being made available to years worth of future players as well. I wouldn't feel right having a bunch of items that are completely unobtainable to anyone in the future, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want to leave and come back and find that there are tons of things I can't obtain because then there are a bunch of items I don't really understand or care about, because they have nothing to do with my ability to play the game.

Furthermore, as people have been trying to tell you over and over again, the bears are not taking up slots and no one will miss out on anything because they're an additional item and if you get a bear, you will also get the other things you would have gotten if you don't get the bears, thereby if users don't want them, they can simply hoard sell any bears they get and be out absolutely nothing.
@Elai of course the people who strongly hate having the bears around are going to be the most vocal. Why would people who don't care bother to say anything? Retirement isn't an option, so why would people against retiring complain about them not retiring? Yes, a number of players are sick of seeing the bears, but a huge amount of players are also against retirement, that is the point I'm making. Clearly, enough people were against retirement to warrant Joxar's Spare Inventory being created in the first place.

I care if people in 10 years can't get a bunch of items that aren't meant to be "special" - they're just items, that are fun to get, and there are huge numbers of them. I hate joining websites that have been in development for years and retire items because of the sheer mass of items that are unobtainable. Sure, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with not having the items, but there's nothing wrong with them being made available to years worth of future players as well. I wouldn't feel right having a bunch of items that are completely unobtainable to anyone in the future, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want to leave and come back and find that there are tons of things I can't obtain because then there are a bunch of items I don't really understand or care about, because they have nothing to do with my ability to play the game.

Furthermore, as people have been trying to tell you over and over again, the bears are not taking up slots and no one will miss out on anything because they're an additional item and if you get a bear, you will also get the other things you would have gotten if you don't get the bears, thereby if users don't want them, they can simply hoard sell any bears they get and be out absolutely nothing.
cPW6H3E.png
There needs to be a big announcement/clarification so that everyone who is misunderstanding can be set straight. The bears wouldn't be clogging up the pool. You won't spend 80k to only get a bear. That's not what they are doing.

@Aequorin
Are the admins prepared to re-poll because these results will be skewed? People aren't understanding so the results are going to be off.
There needs to be a big announcement/clarification so that everyone who is misunderstanding can be set straight. The bears wouldn't be clogging up the pool. You won't spend 80k to only get a bear. That's not what they are doing.

@Aequorin
Are the admins prepared to re-poll because these results will be skewed? People aren't understanding so the results are going to be off.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
DIE BEARS DIE!!!!!!
DIE BEARS DIE!!!!!!
I like the Bears although they have lost their AH value. I would like to get those to members who would still like them!
I like the Bears although they have lost their AH value. I would like to get those to members who would still like them!
XdA0BPq.png
Honestly? I hate Joxar's Chest. Retiring things is not bad. It creates a challenge and adds more items of value to the site. As it is right now, a lot of FR's economy relies on retired items.
Since bears were never retired, really, I suppose it wouldn't make that much of a difference...
I voted to keep them in NOTN.
Honestly? I hate Joxar's Chest. Retiring things is not bad. It creates a challenge and adds more items of value to the site. As it is right now, a lot of FR's economy relies on retired items.
Since bears were never retired, really, I suppose it wouldn't make that much of a difference...
I voted to keep them in NOTN.
On hiatus, again--might come on here to see how things are doing but that's all.
um. retire them
um. retire them
V3Exdfp.gif
EEEH MAJI?!
MY SKETCHBOOK
COMMISSIONS
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90 91