Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 177 178
@Undel

I love the idea of the Joxar chest. Just a suggestion: maybe add an achievement to open one of those chests? It's a difficult achievement for casual players but not too difficult!
@Undel

I love the idea of the Joxar chest. Just a suggestion: maybe add an achievement to open one of those chests? It's a difficult achievement for casual players but not too difficult!
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
i used to be strongly opposed to rereleasing sprites (not that i have any of my own anymore lol), but after reading a bunch of pages on here i've come around. it really is weird how the 2013 items get such special treatment, and i feel like a lot of the voices that are heavily against sprite/2013 apparel rereleases are just doing so because they like the "status" that owning those items currently brings them.

i really have to agree that if the intention behind joxar's spare inventory is to make things less daunting for newer players that it should include items from all festivals, including 2013 (though i agree that the chance of getting a sprite/2013 stuff should still be like .01%).
i used to be strongly opposed to rereleasing sprites (not that i have any of my own anymore lol), but after reading a bunch of pages on here i've come around. it really is weird how the 2013 items get such special treatment, and i feel like a lot of the voices that are heavily against sprite/2013 apparel rereleases are just doing so because they like the "status" that owning those items currently brings them.

i really have to agree that if the intention behind joxar's spare inventory is to make things less daunting for newer players that it should include items from all festivals, including 2013 (though i agree that the chance of getting a sprite/2013 stuff should still be like .01%).
Does this mean there's still no way for newer players to get the sprites without paying 500K treasure/700G minimum? Someone ping me with a response, because I'm kind of confused. I have difficulty understanding stuff like this.

I joined the site too late to buy any of the sprites and I actually really hate it. I see OG players on FR passing them around like candy only to each other & there's hardly any way for me to manage getting even just the two that I want? I'm disabled & I'm still being supported financially by family; I can't spend hours and hours playing FR every day to hoard the treasure I'd need for a sprite, and I can't spend $50 on gems to get MAYBE one sprite, depending on which I would purchase.

Even if I saved every little coin I got for a 2 or 3 months I probably wouldn't have enough for a Plague sprite, which is currently one of the cheapest on the market. What kind of gaming experience is that, being unable to purchase anything that would make a pet site worthwhile (i.e. apparel, skins, battle stones, things to improve your dragons) because I have to busy myself saving for one single familiar? That's what makes people leave the site, because collecting familiars is a favorite activity of so many players but it just becomes boring and restless because of ridiculously inflated status symbols.

I understand the ~~~super exclusivity~~~ of them is kind of the point, but it almost feels elitist and mean to newer players who are doing their best & just want a cute familiar?? Some new players even want to collect all of them, and i can't imagine how impossible it is for them unless they can sink literal hundreds of real dollars into gems.

I was pretty excited for this idea until you said No sprites. 90K is an immense amount of treasure and nearly impossible for a brand new player to acquire; it took me months to be able to make around that much, and it still takes a significant investment of time.

Does this mean there's still no way for newer players to get the sprites without paying 500K treasure/700G minimum? Someone ping me with a response, because I'm kind of confused. I have difficulty understanding stuff like this.

I joined the site too late to buy any of the sprites and I actually really hate it. I see OG players on FR passing them around like candy only to each other & there's hardly any way for me to manage getting even just the two that I want? I'm disabled & I'm still being supported financially by family; I can't spend hours and hours playing FR every day to hoard the treasure I'd need for a sprite, and I can't spend $50 on gems to get MAYBE one sprite, depending on which I would purchase.

Even if I saved every little coin I got for a 2 or 3 months I probably wouldn't have enough for a Plague sprite, which is currently one of the cheapest on the market. What kind of gaming experience is that, being unable to purchase anything that would make a pet site worthwhile (i.e. apparel, skins, battle stones, things to improve your dragons) because I have to busy myself saving for one single familiar? That's what makes people leave the site, because collecting familiars is a favorite activity of so many players but it just becomes boring and restless because of ridiculously inflated status symbols.

I understand the ~~~super exclusivity~~~ of them is kind of the point, but it almost feels elitist and mean to newer players who are doing their best & just want a cute familiar?? Some new players even want to collect all of them, and i can't imagine how impossible it is for them unless they can sink literal hundreds of real dollars into gems.

I was pretty excited for this idea until you said No sprites. 90K is an immense amount of treasure and nearly impossible for a brand new player to acquire; it took me months to be able to make around that much, and it still takes a significant investment of time.

tumblr_inline_nr3jrcOnus1s7z3me_75sq.png
YES PLEASE THANK YOU
ODX9fm9.gif
wait wait something I just though of

players will multi account to get more treasure chests - how will you prevent this?
wait wait something I just though of

players will multi account to get more treasure chests - how will you prevent this?
YAY!!! love it all <3
YAY!!! love it all <3
@dragonpixies
First off, Plague is one of the most expensive, not the cheapest!

As of right now, yes. Every non-2013 player has to spend a lot of treasure or gems to get sprites. Period.

Now, you're right, you can save every penny for 2-3 months and not get them. But what about 4? 5? 12? It's entirely possible to purchase sprites even if you don't play every day. Is it hard? Yes. Is it possible? Yes! It took me 14 months to get all 12 (with 2 being gitfs, but not the most expensive ones). That was 14 months of focusing on saving gold but I wasn't on every second. IN fact, there was a little while I wasn't on the site at all. So yes, it's still possible it just takes a lot of patience.

Edit: While 90k might be "a lot" for newer players it's possible to get it via fairgrounds almost daily (75k is a majority of 90k) and it is much, MUCH lower than the price of sprites.
@dragonpixies
First off, Plague is one of the most expensive, not the cheapest!

As of right now, yes. Every non-2013 player has to spend a lot of treasure or gems to get sprites. Period.

Now, you're right, you can save every penny for 2-3 months and not get them. But what about 4? 5? 12? It's entirely possible to purchase sprites even if you don't play every day. Is it hard? Yes. Is it possible? Yes! It took me 14 months to get all 12 (with 2 being gitfs, but not the most expensive ones). That was 14 months of focusing on saving gold but I wasn't on every second. IN fact, there was a little while I wasn't on the site at all. So yes, it's still possible it just takes a lot of patience.

Edit: While 90k might be "a lot" for newer players it's possible to get it via fairgrounds almost daily (75k is a majority of 90k) and it is much, MUCH lower than the price of sprites.
honestly if the Jorax chests don't include sprites or the 2013 holiday appearal I'm just not going to buy them. They're not worth it to me. But if there's a (albeit small) chance of pulling a light sprite out of one then sure, 90k a month is reasonable I'll pay it.
honestly if the Jorax chests don't include sprites or the 2013 holiday appearal I'm just not going to buy them. They're not worth it to me. But if there's a (albeit small) chance of pulling a light sprite out of one then sure, 90k a month is reasonable I'll pay it.
http://furvilla.com/register/1818
@dragonpixies

The thing is, Sprites aren't integral to gameplay. People can want and covet them but they're not stopped from playing the game for lack of sprites. And like @Alternatewarning said, you don't need to play every day to get Sprites, nor do you have to make a ton of treasure every day- I just passed my year mark on FR and only recently got my second and third sprites. I didn't play very much for several months during the school year, only being able to go on for bits at a time and sometimes days or weeks apart.

The point is, you don't NEED sprites, but even if you really want them, you can still save up. Have the pride you managed to get this far.

And most of all, staff has said they won't unretire retired items, and at least form what I see, their word is a big reason as to the trust and admiration the playerbase gives them. They keep their word and aren't flaky on topics like this- and I hope they will continue to be.
@dragonpixies

The thing is, Sprites aren't integral to gameplay. People can want and covet them but they're not stopped from playing the game for lack of sprites. And like @Alternatewarning said, you don't need to play every day to get Sprites, nor do you have to make a ton of treasure every day- I just passed my year mark on FR and only recently got my second and third sprites. I didn't play very much for several months during the school year, only being able to go on for bits at a time and sometimes days or weeks apart.

The point is, you don't NEED sprites, but even if you really want them, you can still save up. Have the pride you managed to get this far.

And most of all, staff has said they won't unretire retired items, and at least form what I see, their word is a big reason as to the trust and admiration the playerbase gives them. They keep their word and aren't flaky on topics like this- and I hope they will continue to be.
vpDthIH.pngthAk1K3.pnglAasg9J.png
025MS8.png007MS8.png520MS8.png408MS6.png041MSPE.png678MS8.png
IFxGgtL.png
Wow, it's a bold move to put so much out of reach... I guess it's like life though.
Wow, it's a bold move to put so much out of reach... I guess it's like life though.

MOOONCHIILLD!
[quote name="QueenCheetah93" date=2016-06-16 22:05:51] [quote name="Peixes" date=2016-06-16 18:44:48] @Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare. But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value. [/quote] I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites. Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite. People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing. Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't). Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be) OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did? Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game. It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible [i]possible[/i] goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded. Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours. If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class) [/quote]
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2016-06-16:
Peixes wrote on 2016-06-16:
@Rhi don't forget that part of it isn't just the hard work people put into early festival items-- when the Coliseum was even more buggy and barely anyone had a level 25 team and the site lagged so bad there were daily pockets of downtime and the staff had to extend holidays. That's part of it, and that's a big part of why these items are so rare.

But the other (and imo, bigger) thing is that, by this point, many people have spent a lot of time and effort saving up for these collectible items. People have sunk hours and hours of their time into getting together millions of treasure to obtain Sprites, with the expectation that they would never be released, and I think it would be a slap in the face to suddenly start trickling these items into the economy and relatively tanking their value.

I've heard this argument a couple times, and I'm finally going to put in my two cents on the matter as someone who joined after 2013 and scrimped and saved for sprites.

Almost all of the people suggesting the addition of older items are doing so to stabilize the market- not make these items common. When I got my ice sprite, I paid almost 2mill treasure on top of expensive items. Now, the cheapest on the AH is 4 million. And that is a lower priced sprite.

People who have them are selling them at exorbitant prices because they can, and every successive generation doesn't just have to "buckle up and work hard" like I did. They have to work twice as, sometimes triply hard for the same dang thing.

Now I can sit on my pedestal and complain about how rereleasing these items will make my hard work mean any less than it did when I bought it (It won't).

Or how my fancy status symbol is now a dime a dozen (they won't be)

OR I can remember how nice it feels to own these items, and have a tangible chance at achieving these goals, and afford future players the same fun game elements that I enjoyed. Anything else is just me being petty. And if they go down in price and someone gets a sprite for less than I did?

Good for them. Really! My efforts at a time should not permanently influence the market, especially if it negatively impacts the game for others. I worked hard. And they will work hard. But most importantly we all enjoy flight rising as a game.

It may not be here in 5 or 10 years. This battle over 500$ pixels could mean nothing. So let these current players have a tangible possible goal to work towards now, or in the near future. Enjoy the game and let others enjoy the same experience that you were afforded.

Just, most of us are adults or at least teens here. So let's stop acting like kids in a sandbox that would rather knock down everyone's sand castle because we got a bit of sand in our pants building ours.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm all for the addition of the sprites in the chests at low rates. It's not just fair. It's smart economics based on limited supply vs demand (as someone who just took college business class)
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 177 178