Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 47 48
Ohh and what about unnamed hatchlings... i buy and collect old dragons. . If the previous owner did not name the hatchlings then there could be a lot of unnamed which i cant do anything about... and is it ok not to like unnamed hatchlings?
Ohh and what about unnamed hatchlings... i buy and collect old dragons. . If the previous owner did not name the hatchlings then there could be a lot of unnamed which i cant do anything about... and is it ok not to like unnamed hatchlings?
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Wow, reading through this thread has made me more grateful than ever that the rules have been strengthened and clarified. Wanting the dragons you breed to go to good homes is one thing, but if it gets to the point where you're threatening and harassing someone over what they do with "your" dragon and even just the rank entitlement of thinking that it's still your dragon in the first place is pretty awful. It takes the fun right out of it. Some of the adoption threads have gotten downright scary in that regard. I've seen people openly admit that they plan to stalk people in order to make sure that "their" dragon was being used the way they wanted.

If this means that those people will no longer give away dragons or will up their prices, then fantastic! More power to 'em! It's clear a lot of them don't really want to get rid of their dragons in the first place, so maybe this will encourage them to find ways to keep them, whether it's expanding their lairs or finding friends to dragonsit til they can make room again or whatever. Less anger, less hatred, less making others feel guilty for not playing the game their way. Everyone can be a little bit happier.

And since it's already been pointed out that spite-exalting will still be investigated as needed (since it was already something the mods took seriously) that's all to the good, too.

Meanwhile I have a whole lair full of RTB dragons just waiting for the color wheel expansion to kick off. :D
Wow, reading through this thread has made me more grateful than ever that the rules have been strengthened and clarified. Wanting the dragons you breed to go to good homes is one thing, but if it gets to the point where you're threatening and harassing someone over what they do with "your" dragon and even just the rank entitlement of thinking that it's still your dragon in the first place is pretty awful. It takes the fun right out of it. Some of the adoption threads have gotten downright scary in that regard. I've seen people openly admit that they plan to stalk people in order to make sure that "their" dragon was being used the way they wanted.

If this means that those people will no longer give away dragons or will up their prices, then fantastic! More power to 'em! It's clear a lot of them don't really want to get rid of their dragons in the first place, so maybe this will encourage them to find ways to keep them, whether it's expanding their lairs or finding friends to dragonsit til they can make room again or whatever. Less anger, less hatred, less making others feel guilty for not playing the game their way. Everyone can be a little bit happier.

And since it's already been pointed out that spite-exalting will still be investigated as needed (since it was already something the mods took seriously) that's all to the good, too.

Meanwhile I have a whole lair full of RTB dragons just waiting for the color wheel expansion to kick off. :D
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
[quote name="Silence" date=2016-05-20 11:12:12] I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects? Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price. I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item. I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this?[/quote] Very curious about this myself. I'm of the belief that once a skin or accent design is submitted to the site and turned into an official item, it's therefore FR's property (as it says on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/skins/1]custom skins page[/url], "Images derived from our PSD are the property of flightrising.com"). As FR items, it seems like skins and accents should also be subject to rules stating, "any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment." But I'd love some clarification!
Silence wrote on 2016-05-20:
I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects?
Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price.
I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item.
I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this?

Very curious about this myself. I'm of the belief that once a skin or accent design is submitted to the site and turned into an official item, it's therefore FR's property (as it says on the custom skins page, "Images derived from our PSD are the property of flightrising.com"). As FR items, it seems like skins and accents should also be subject to rules stating, "any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment." But I'd love some clarification!
[quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date=2016-05-20 09:43:49] Wait, this exalt thing was an issue? I mean if someone's disappointed, fine, but people are being harassed? If you don't want people exalting your dragons, then don't sell dragons. They're just a png, it's not a big deal. To think that needed to be addressed in the news of the site is really funny. [/quote] Luckily, now that it's officially addressed, it should be less of a problem.
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2016-05-20:
Wait, this exalt thing was an issue? I mean if someone's disappointed, fine, but people are being harassed?

If you don't want people exalting your dragons, then don't sell dragons. They're just a png, it's not a big deal. To think that needed to be addressed in the news of the site is really funny.

Luckily, now that it's officially addressed, it should be less of a problem.
2gEMC44.pngWe Will Consume All2gEMC44.png
jRvmJhO.png
One of my favourite things about these threads is how page one is just "cool" "wow" "!!!!!" etc little one-word responses from people trying to get on the first page, and then you click page 20 and it's paragraph-long discourse on dragon game mechanics. I love Flight Rising.

Thank you for the thorough update and putting y'alls foot down!!! I'm glad the exalting issue didn't get swept under the rug.
One of my favourite things about these threads is how page one is just "cool" "wow" "!!!!!" etc little one-word responses from people trying to get on the first page, and then you click page 20 and it's paragraph-long discourse on dragon game mechanics. I love Flight Rising.

Thank you for the thorough update and putting y'alls foot down!!! I'm glad the exalting issue didn't get swept under the rug.
nC079FU.gif
FObX7rS.png
TO5f5vS.png
QUIpVFE.png
Al1BEGR.png
b1d9d7038ed5f6df160810683bbdaaad19236e65.png
I love these! What will be the familiars and apparel for the next Brighshine Jubilee? I don't remember voting for anything yet and June is coming close.
I love these! What will be the familiars and apparel for the next Brighshine Jubilee? I don't remember voting for anything yet and June is coming close.
Simmy27star_tiny1_zpsyjvxxiab.gifTAnznlj.pngcoatle_sleepy_adopt_simmy27star_by_vampireselene13-d9h0gf9.gif
Love you guys. :)
Love you guys. :)
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
When are the submission winters for rockeries going to recurve their forum skin?
When are the submission winters for rockeries going to recurve their forum skin?
Ahhh thank you so much for getting a final word in concerning exalting dragons! That always bothered me so much seeing people get bullied just for ... playing the game??? If a player is honestly that sincerely attached to a dragon, they wouldn't sell it.

Again, thanks so much. Hopefully this will quiet things down a decent amount.
Ahhh thank you so much for getting a final word in concerning exalting dragons! That always bothered me so much seeing people get bullied just for ... playing the game??? If a player is honestly that sincerely attached to a dragon, they wouldn't sell it.

Again, thanks so much. Hopefully this will quiet things down a decent amount.
Tbh I'd volunteer to be a mod but I know my place in the community. I'm happy to contribute by just causing as much fun as I can! :)
Tbh I'd volunteer to be a mod but I know my place in the community. I'm happy to contribute by just causing as much fun as I can! :)
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 47 48