Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48
[quote name="albinoleopard" date=2016-05-20 14:49:12]When I sell dragons via crossroad, the buyer must love them, and they are never exalted or reauctioned without my permission. I wish there was a small punishment (like being locked out of an account for a small amount of time) or no optIon to exalt or auction bought or traded dragons. [/quote] With this update, players can no longer put these type restriction on dragon sales. They can ask or request that a buyer not exalt or resell a dragon but they can't enforce it. This banning of rules like this is good for buyers as I've seen many a time someone no longer wants a dragon but the original seller put stipulations on it and try to guilt the buyer into keeping it even though the seller didn't want to take it back. From a seller standpoint, you can report someone who breaks reasonable requests (for example taking a dragon from a free thread and immediately exalting) and the admins will investigate and if they find evidence that the buyer did this with the intent to cause harm, they admins will punish them. In general I think the admins approach is quite balanced.
albinoleopard wrote on 2016-05-20:
When I sell dragons via crossroad, the buyer must love them, and they are never exalted or reauctioned without my permission. I wish there was a small punishment (like being locked out of an account for a small amount of time) or no optIon to exalt or auction bought or traded dragons.

With this update, players can no longer put these type restriction on dragon sales. They can ask or request that a buyer not exalt or resell a dragon but they can't enforce it.

This banning of rules like this is good for buyers as I've seen many a time someone no longer wants a dragon but the original seller put stipulations on it and try to guilt the buyer into keeping it even though the seller didn't want to take it back.

From a seller standpoint, you can report someone who breaks reasonable requests (for example taking a dragon from a free thread and immediately exalting) and the admins will investigate and if they find evidence that the buyer did this with the intent to cause harm, they admins will punish them.

In general I think the admins approach is quite balanced.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
nice!
nice!
7d3c9a0dec932ff5fe34941cee2f02536a0a179f.png
@Zilleniose

The thing about accents/skins is that the creator often makes them limited, and as soon as something's limited, it becomes increasingly more and more valuable. I think the only real way to prevent it is to make something unlimited, but I can totally understand that not all artists would want to do that.

I'm not sure I'd call it "exploited" pr se. After all, the artist can always save a few copies for themselves and sell them for more later on, and they're all aware that reselling is a thing, and might become a thing too for their skins/accents. Knowing just a bit about the market for UR accents, you know that reselling is very much the reality of FR. I see your point, and I can imagine it must be harsh to see others profit more off your hard work... but that's the everyday of FR and it's market.

Hmm, it depends. If it happens several times, where the buyer of the skin/accent is explicably told not to resell the accent at a higher price... then I might call it harassment. But if it's a one time thing, or something someone does unknowingly (e.g. buying of the AH), you can't really call it that. If it was harrasment every time someone ignored someone else's asking nicely, the entire ownership clarification/rule wouldn't have any use at all, 'cause then it would still be a requirement.

@Zilleniose

The thing about accents/skins is that the creator often makes them limited, and as soon as something's limited, it becomes increasingly more and more valuable. I think the only real way to prevent it is to make something unlimited, but I can totally understand that not all artists would want to do that.

I'm not sure I'd call it "exploited" pr se. After all, the artist can always save a few copies for themselves and sell them for more later on, and they're all aware that reselling is a thing, and might become a thing too for their skins/accents. Knowing just a bit about the market for UR accents, you know that reselling is very much the reality of FR. I see your point, and I can imagine it must be harsh to see others profit more off your hard work... but that's the everyday of FR and it's market.

Hmm, it depends. If it happens several times, where the buyer of the skin/accent is explicably told not to resell the accent at a higher price... then I might call it harassment. But if it's a one time thing, or something someone does unknowingly (e.g. buying of the AH), you can't really call it that. If it was harrasment every time someone ignored someone else's asking nicely, the entire ownership clarification/rule wouldn't have any use at all, 'cause then it would still be a requirement.

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-05-20 09:25:49] no more DO NOT EXALT!!1 [/quote] THANK U
Aequorin wrote on 2016-05-20:
no more DO NOT EXALT!!1

THANK U
great update to the guidelines!
great update to the guidelines!
kuY5a0G.png
she/her
+2 fr time
pings are fine!
Scorts.png is5IYGR.png
tumblr_og9d2eQroS1vzfkcno4_100.gif
28ZbrPp.png
[quote name="Gymnopaedy" date=2016-05-20 14:00:06] One of my favourite things about these threads is how page one is just "cool" "wow" "!!!!!" etc little one-word responses from people trying to get on the first page, and then you click page 20 and it's paragraph-long discourse on dragon game mechanics. I love Flight Rising. Thank you for the thorough update and putting y'alls foot down!!! I'm glad the exalting issue didn't get swept under the rug. [/quote] I was just about to say that hahaha
Gymnopaedy wrote on 2016-05-20:
One of my favourite things about these threads is how page one is just "cool" "wow" "!!!!!" etc little one-word responses from people trying to get on the first page, and then you click page 20 and it's paragraph-long discourse on dragon game mechanics. I love Flight Rising.

Thank you for the thorough update and putting y'alls foot down!!! I'm glad the exalting issue didn't get swept under the rug.

I was just about to say that hahaha
@KuraikoDesu
Looks fine to me based on the rule clarification. You're asking politely, not trying to demand it.
@KuraikoDesu
Looks fine to me based on the rule clarification. You're asking politely, not trying to demand it.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
Okay, time to say something longer.

I'm pretty happy that the exalting issue is getting addressed, as I once bought a dragon from the AH specifically to level and exalt, but when I looked in her bio, it said ' Do not exalt!' without even putting a please in front. I'm not harassing anybody, and I will keep their username private so they don't get put on the spot, but it just kind of made me annoyed that someone would sell a dragon for fodder price but order not to exalt it. It made me feel guilty when I leveled and exalted her anyway. I'm assuming this has happened to other people too?

I know, sometimes I forget to ask not to exalt in a dragon's bio and it can annoy me when they're exalted, but I would never say something like " If you exalt this dragon then I will spam you" or anything like that. I'll make sure to add in their bios, " Feel free to exalt this dragon, but do keep in mind that Gazebo will be willing to take them back if you don't want to exalt." Would that be good enough for those dragons that I really love? Or should I just try to keep them without going through that kind of trouble?
Okay, time to say something longer.

I'm pretty happy that the exalting issue is getting addressed, as I once bought a dragon from the AH specifically to level and exalt, but when I looked in her bio, it said ' Do not exalt!' without even putting a please in front. I'm not harassing anybody, and I will keep their username private so they don't get put on the spot, but it just kind of made me annoyed that someone would sell a dragon for fodder price but order not to exalt it. It made me feel guilty when I leveled and exalted her anyway. I'm assuming this has happened to other people too?

I know, sometimes I forget to ask not to exalt in a dragon's bio and it can annoy me when they're exalted, but I would never say something like " If you exalt this dragon then I will spam you" or anything like that. I'll make sure to add in their bios, " Feel free to exalt this dragon, but do keep in mind that Gazebo will be willing to take them back if you don't want to exalt." Would that be good enough for those dragons that I really love? Or should I just try to keep them without going through that kind of trouble?
OjYCOIV.png
Can we make that chest with eyes a thing? Please? I will pay in eyeballs for it XD
Can we make that chest with eyes a thing? Please? I will pay in eyeballs for it XD
rBM002b.gifBcnmqQk.gifr6aND2D.png9aVxwZo.pngKOTMkxd.pnguCEnQTB.gifUTxhrgi.gif
I heard "exalt" and thought we might get our progens back.
I heard "exalt" and thought we might get our progens back.
IfCmPpP.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48