Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
[quote name="Silence" date=2016-05-20 11:12:12] I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects? Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price. I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item. I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this? [/quote]I am very curious about this as well.
Silence wrote on 2016-05-20:
I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects?
Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price.
I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item.
I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this?
I am very curious about this as well.
ZQGfAQY.png
@Aequorin
kk, thanks!
@Aequorin
kk, thanks!
jotaro_by_kawiku-d9ga4oc.pngkakyoin_by_kawiku-d9ga4of.png
The legendary Phoatlshop thread made it onto the update!
The legendary Phoatlshop thread made it onto the update!
A0qtRly.gif
@Furrama Have you ever had an issue renting nests pertaining to one of the hosts exalting your dragons?
@Furrama Have you ever had an issue renting nests pertaining to one of the hosts exalting your dragons?
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
I was a little confused about the answer you gave to user Doggo. You are saying people can not go to free dragon threads for free fodder, right? I think it's an unfair thing to do to go into a thread meant for those trying to rehome dragons they like and then immediately exalting. There's a differing between exalting after a couple weeks and being like "Eh, I don't like this dragon as much. Off to <deity> you go!" and "Oooo, free fodder!"
I was a little confused about the answer you gave to user Doggo. You are saying people can not go to free dragon threads for free fodder, right? I think it's an unfair thing to do to go into a thread meant for those trying to rehome dragons they like and then immediately exalting. There's a differing between exalting after a couple weeks and being like "Eh, I don't like this dragon as much. Off to <deity> you go!" and "Oooo, free fodder!"
A mini artwork of Lightweaver by Dovalore. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
:) Nice! I didn't notice some of the threads but I'm loving the no leg coatls!
:) Nice! I didn't notice some of the threads but I'm loving the no leg coatls!
[quote] There's a differing between exalting after a couple weeks and being like "Eh, I don't like this dragon as much. Off to <deity> you go!" and "Oooo, free fodder!"[/quote] @TheHeroicOne, [b]intent[/b] is always taken into consideration when investigating harassment reports.
Quote:
There's a differing between exalting after a couple weeks and being like "Eh, I don't like this dragon as much. Off to <deity> you go!" and "Oooo, free fodder!"

@TheHeroicOne, intent is always taken into consideration when investigating harassment reports.
[quote]As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment[/quote] Uh... This may seem like a silly question... But does this mean the "do not exalt for reason" notes I put in dragons I'm keeping for myself and not selling could get me in trouble? Because I do that to remind myself. It's not meant to tell anyone else what to do. I have memory issues, and there's no other way to record that easily for me. Edit: All are now prefaced with "Note to self:" I'm not harassing myself, so I should be okay, right?
Quote:
As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment

Uh... This may seem like a silly question...

But does this mean the "do not exalt for reason" notes I put in dragons I'm keeping for myself and not selling could get me in trouble?

Because I do that to remind myself. It's not meant to tell anyone else what to do. I have memory issues, and there's no other way to record that easily for me.

Edit: All are now prefaced with "Note to self:" I'm not harassing myself, so I should be okay, right?
2DBCf1j.png9XOxNGE.jpg
So much YES for all of this. Thank you for the entirety of this update.
So much YES for all of this. Thank you for the entirety of this update.
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
So, uhm, I'm a little scared and maybe overreacting or smth but?? I put this in dragon bios if I'm selling them Unnamed: [quote][center][font=Century Gothic]I don't mind if you exalt me but please give me a (normal) name first![/font][/center] [/quote] Is that gonna be a problem?? Like, I prefer doing that over just naming them myself since I feel like maybe that decreases their value and tbh I myself am not a huge fan of having to buy renaming scrolls and just yeah. Yeah. (Also I totally misread that post the first time because it says "...or clan profile [...] may be closed" and then I guess I didn't read the rest and I legitimately thought you were gonna ban users over this omg)
So, uhm, I'm a little scared and maybe overreacting or smth but?? I put this in dragon bios if I'm selling them Unnamed:
Quote:
I don't mind if you exalt me but please give me a (normal) name first!
Is that gonna be a problem?? Like, I prefer doing that over just naming them myself since I feel like maybe that decreases their value and tbh I myself am not a huge fan of having to buy renaming scrolls and just yeah. Yeah.
(Also I totally misread that post the first time because it says "...or clan profile [...] may be closed" and then I guess I didn't read the rest and I legitimately thought you were gonna ban users over this omg)
Banner5_zpsxznbyqaz.png I'm selling all my XXY IriShimBelly WCs/Coatls! Come check 'em out c: