Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 47 48
@Cathii @Merredith [quote][b]What you CAN do if you feel strongly about whether your former dragons are exalted/resold:[/b] [b]Ask[/b], but not [b]demand [/b]or [b]require[/b], that the receiving player not exalt or resell their new dragon[/quote] asking is okay :)
@Cathii
@Merredith
Quote:
What you CAN do if you feel strongly about whether your former dragons are exalted/resold:

Ask, but not demand or require, that the receiving player not exalt or resell their new dragon

asking is okay :)
oTVkboM.png
Thank you guys very much for clarifying all of this and stepping in. I'm sure it will help avoid hurt feelings from both sides in the future. As someone who exalts quite a lot, too, it makes me feel safer when I'm prowling the Auction House for fodder. Now I know that if for some reason I do get yelled at for exalting, I can report the person and expect action. I appreciate that!
Thank you guys very much for clarifying all of this and stepping in. I'm sure it will help avoid hurt feelings from both sides in the future. As someone who exalts quite a lot, too, it makes me feel safer when I'm prowling the Auction House for fodder. Now I know that if for some reason I do get yelled at for exalting, I can report the person and expect action. I appreciate that!
tumblr_ohqcwjmB651uz5kfbo1_500.png
(Random comment)
I get so upset when seeing dragons and 5 seconds after they are exalted .... but the person bought, so she does what she/he want, just find it sad that because clinging too much to them.
(Random comment)
I get so upset when seeing dragons and 5 seconds after they are exalted .... but the person bought, so she does what she/he want, just find it sad that because clinging too much to them.
fkWjutW.png
6KQB58c.png
rix3ppo.png
UU9vIu2.png
nWiQNX9.png

tumblr_o9deb1vBrI1tv56zio5_100.png

qY8shmQ.png
MUYNhfy.png
oaolHwW.png
hZipXGO.png
YMPbu9R.png
Thank you for the update! I'm going to ping myself here so that I don't lose the thread.

@TrickyLA
Thank you for the update! I'm going to ping myself here so that I don't lose the thread.

@TrickyLA
I suppose this means a vast majority of the Adoptions Threads are going to be shut down now?

From what I've seen a lot of Adoption threads have guidelines asking that people don't immediately exalt for profit. These threads were mainly used by Breeders / Players who had emotion ties to their dragons and didn't want to see them exalted. Essentially, it was supposed to be a safe zone for dragon trading without the fear of permanently losing something you've worked to breed..... And now that's gone.

These threads were already stalked by people looking to make a quick profit and now there is no protection at all for that side of the community. I'm not personally against exalting, it is a big part of the site, but I completely understand why some people take it as hard as they do. I've been the victim of targeted poaching before and it's NEVER a good feeling. I can understand if you bought a Dragon, but to specifically target people who don't want their dragons exalted is pretty low in my book/

Anyway, I suppose the best thing to do is just... Not give them away at all. Looking forward to the Auction House prices being skyrocketed because of this.
I suppose this means a vast majority of the Adoptions Threads are going to be shut down now?

From what I've seen a lot of Adoption threads have guidelines asking that people don't immediately exalt for profit. These threads were mainly used by Breeders / Players who had emotion ties to their dragons and didn't want to see them exalted. Essentially, it was supposed to be a safe zone for dragon trading without the fear of permanently losing something you've worked to breed..... And now that's gone.

These threads were already stalked by people looking to make a quick profit and now there is no protection at all for that side of the community. I'm not personally against exalting, it is a big part of the site, but I completely understand why some people take it as hard as they do. I've been the victim of targeted poaching before and it's NEVER a good feeling. I can understand if you bought a Dragon, but to specifically target people who don't want their dragons exalted is pretty low in my book/

Anyway, I suppose the best thing to do is just... Not give them away at all. Looking forward to the Auction House prices being skyrocketed because of this.
Hello, Star Voyagers.
Quote:
The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

The team feels that this is something we should have been enforcing from the start. Because we didn’t, our inaction has contributed to this situation. For that, we apologize to our community as a whole.

Thank you team, this is such a relief to hear.

Also, @Aequorin, a question:

Will this be extended to the "Unnamed dragons" issue, where someone is harassed because they have not yet / did not name a dragon? This one seems to come up just as much as the exalting issue and has a very similar feel to it.
Quote:
The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

The team feels that this is something we should have been enforcing from the start. Because we didn’t, our inaction has contributed to this situation. For that, we apologize to our community as a whole.

Thank you team, this is such a relief to hear.

Also, @Aequorin, a question:

Will this be extended to the "Unnamed dragons" issue, where someone is harassed because they have not yet / did not name a dragon? This one seems to come up just as much as the exalting issue and has a very similar feel to it.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Awesome! :D
Awesome! :D
@ColorfulCredit
Asking is fine, requiring is not. You can ask someone please don't exalt but you can't force them too or attempt to blacklist them for it. It's different.

And remember the guidelines are there for you too. If someone's harassing you buy grabbing all your dragons you can report them for it
@ColorfulCredit
Asking is fine, requiring is not. You can ask someone please don't exalt but you can't force them too or attempt to blacklist them for it. It's different.

And remember the guidelines are there for you too. If someone's harassing you buy grabbing all your dragons you can report them for it
Exciting!

@aequorin I know it's not exactly in the vein of anything you discussed in the thread but since I know it is something that bugs people with regards to exalting I figured I'd ask: are there any plans to make unnamed dragons unexaltable? You can't use them in the Coli until they are named so I don't see why it'd be mechanically unable to happen and to be honest, I feel it'd be nicer than having to decide between naming your dragon before selling and trying to sell for a profit.

(and given that there is literally a single button to press and name a dragon I don't really see how it'd create a problem, I don't care WHAT they are named just that they are named)
Exciting!

@aequorin I know it's not exactly in the vein of anything you discussed in the thread but since I know it is something that bugs people with regards to exalting I figured I'd ask: are there any plans to make unnamed dragons unexaltable? You can't use them in the Coli until they are named so I don't see why it'd be mechanically unable to happen and to be honest, I feel it'd be nicer than having to decide between naming your dragon before selling and trying to sell for a profit.

(and given that there is literally a single button to press and name a dragon I don't really see how it'd create a problem, I don't care WHAT they are named just that they are named)
@ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita!

Thank you so much for your service to the community!
@ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita!

Thank you so much for your service to the community!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 47 48