Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 112 113
These are awesome updates!
Not sure if this is the place to say it, but the ability to search ranges in the AH would be AMAZING. Pleaseeee! From one color to another, and it shows those colors and everything in between! So many saved hours trying to buy dragons for breeding projects and the like!
These are awesome updates!
Not sure if this is the place to say it, but the ability to search ranges in the AH would be AMAZING. Pleaseeee! From one color to another, and it shows those colors and everything in between! So many saved hours trying to buy dragons for breeding projects and the like!
[quote name="CerberaHeart" date=2016-03-24 11:15:16] This is actually a discussion I'm seeing a lot on the tumblr side of things, but with the Coliseum revamp, would the staff be working on a way where the Coli is more rewarding to play? Everything in the Coliseum lines up rewards by the roll of the dice and sometimes we wont even get any drops after a battle! We use the coli for a lot of things (thanks to Baldwin you can still get a lot of Festival Currency w/o needing the coli) but most players see playing it as a chore. A player can grind for hours and not even get single apparel drop. That's a real bummer. People at least want rewards to be calculable. Like if you beat so many of a certain enemy/ or a certain element, a particular reward is guaranteed to drop. At least its predictable and justifies hours of grinding in a certain venue. For Example: You beat 50 serthis, you're guaranteed a Serthis familiar drop. You beat 100 shadow element enemies, you're guaranteed a piece of apparel that has dark colors. If you beat the venue boss 20 times you're guaranteed a super rare drop? Something like that. So far the only rewarding thing we get out of the coli is fodder training for money or those who level up dragons for others as a paid service, or those who fodder train for money and dominance. [/quote] @CerberaHeart (Hope its alright I pinged you <3) Something like this would be interesting, or maybe like a mission system as well? Kind of like Swipp, but specifically like, "beat a certain number of enemies from X area," or "Defeat 30 Y enemies." And then you could turn those missions in for rewards, like coli familiars and loot? At the least it could be a cool addition to the Trading post, and could give you a feeling of accomplishment for grinding a bunch of enemies for hours. Maybe there would be a certain list of missions a day, or you can only complete a set number between a set timeframe.
CerberaHeart wrote on 2016-03-24:
This is actually a discussion I'm seeing a lot on the tumblr side of things, but with the Coliseum revamp, would the staff be working on a way where the Coli is more rewarding to play?

Everything in the Coliseum lines up rewards by the roll of the dice and sometimes we wont even get any drops after a battle!

We use the coli for a lot of things (thanks to Baldwin you can still get a lot of Festival Currency w/o needing the coli) but most players see playing it as a chore. A player can grind for hours and not even get single apparel drop. That's a real bummer.

People at least want rewards to be calculable. Like if you beat so many of a certain enemy/ or a certain element, a particular reward is guaranteed to drop. At least its predictable and justifies hours of grinding in a certain venue.

For Example: You beat 50 serthis, you're guaranteed a Serthis familiar drop. You beat 100 shadow element enemies, you're guaranteed a piece of apparel that has dark colors. If you beat the venue boss 20 times you're guaranteed a super rare drop?
Something like that.

So far the only rewarding thing we get out of the coli is fodder training for money or those who level up dragons for others as a paid service, or those who fodder train for money and dominance.

@CerberaHeart (Hope its alright I pinged you <3)
Something like this would be interesting, or maybe like a mission system as well? Kind of like Swipp, but specifically like, "beat a certain number of enemies from X area," or "Defeat 30 Y enemies." And then you could turn those missions in for rewards, like coli familiars and loot?

At the least it could be a cool addition to the Trading post, and could give you a feeling of accomplishment for grinding a bunch of enemies for hours. Maybe there would be a certain list of missions a day, or you can only complete a set number between a set timeframe.
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Definitely excited to see another primary that affects the belly region.
Definitely excited to see another primary that affects the belly region.
@Aequorin

(Hopefully this will be seen. DX)

Uhm, I was wondering if there would ever possibly be a way to search dragons in the Auction House by a specified color range? As in, pick one color, pick another color, and the search engine will list dragons within that color range for, let's say their primary? This, of course, could be applied to Secondaries and Tertiaries. It's just and idea. DX >~<
@Aequorin

(Hopefully this will be seen. DX)

Uhm, I was wondering if there would ever possibly be a way to search dragons in the Auction House by a specified color range? As in, pick one color, pick another color, and the search engine will list dragons within that color range for, let's say their primary? This, of course, could be applied to Secondaries and Tertiaries. It's just and idea. DX >~<
270v3Zm.pngI0a76cV.pngUrNPAvB.pngNJCF29s.png
[quote]I think one of parameters for searching dragons in AH should be by color ranges, if possible. If I just want something in a blue range (primary) and brown range (secondary), it's currently an exhausting process to search through all possible combinations. I can't imagine how much harder it will be once the color range expands.[/quote] I second this! This has been a very common request amongst players! I'd love to see this be one of the additional search functions.
Quote:
I think one of parameters for searching dragons in AH should be by color ranges, if possible. If I just want something in a blue range (primary) and brown range (secondary), it's currently an exhausting process to search through all possible combinations. I can't imagine how much harder it will be once the color range expands.

I second this! This has been a very common request amongst players! I'd love to see this be one of the additional search functions.
VXZZmOI.png
[quote name="Temmith" date=2016-03-24 10:24:06] I think one of parameters for searching dragons in AH should be by color ranges, if possible. If I just want something in a blue range (primary) and brown range (secondary), it's currently an exhausting process to search through all possible combinations. I can't imagine how much harder it will be once the color range expands. Otherwise, very pleased with an AH revamp. [/quote] I agree with being able to search colour ranges would be so much better than having to search each individual colour combo
Temmith wrote on 2016-03-24:
I think one of parameters for searching dragons in AH should be by color ranges, if possible. If I just want something in a blue range (primary) and brown range (secondary), it's currently an exhausting process to search through all possible combinations. I can't imagine how much harder it will be once the color range expands.

Otherwise, very pleased with an AH revamp.

I agree with being able to search colour ranges would be so much better than having to search each individual colour combo
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ba565d3e2cec781b112c87b89e709bdd.png
[quote]I'm hyped for this AH revamp. But where does "early development" put us in a timeframe? The dev tracker was in early development over a year ago and is still not here. I'd like to know if this is expected to take something along the lines of a few months (maybe 3-6), or if it's more long-term and could take a year or more.[/quote] @Vely, we don't provide ETAs as any number of issues or problems can appear and cause delays. When we have progress to report, we will do our best to provide a progress update, similar to our Crossroads and site rewrite updates.
Quote:
I'm hyped for this AH revamp. But where does "early development" put us in a timeframe? The dev tracker was in early development over a year ago and is still not here. I'd like to know if this is expected to take something along the lines of a few months (maybe 3-6), or if it's more long-term and could take a year or more.

@Vely, we don't provide ETAs as any number of issues or problems can appear and cause delays. When we have progress to report, we will do our best to provide a progress update, similar to our Crossroads and site rewrite updates.
Holy cow! So much fantasticness contained in one little post! <3 The new auction house sounds like it's going to be SO GREAT! Looking forward to all of that.

I wonder though, will the new search features contain color ranges? Say I want to search for all dragons with primaries of seafoam, aqua, teal, carib and azure, all in the same search. Will that be possible? @Xhaztol
Holy cow! So much fantasticness contained in one little post! <3 The new auction house sounds like it's going to be SO GREAT! Looking forward to all of that.

I wonder though, will the new search features contain color ranges? Say I want to search for all dragons with primaries of seafoam, aqua, teal, carib and azure, all in the same search. Will that be possible? @Xhaztol
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Python looks insane!!! (Especially on darker colors)

But I really hope it wont end up as a drop in the coli.... I mean I am a pretty active coli grinder and I've never found an egg... Not once, at least not in the coli. I've been playing for more than half a year. Prices for these genes will end up being ridiculously high (I know eggs aren't but that's because you can alse get them from gathering).
Python looks insane!!! (Especially on darker colors)

But I really hope it wont end up as a drop in the coli.... I mean I am a pretty active coli grinder and I've never found an egg... Not once, at least not in the coli. I've been playing for more than half a year. Prices for these genes will end up being ridiculously high (I know eggs aren't but that's because you can alse get them from gathering).
riberu_sig2_by_keslertortiose-dav9soe.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 112 113