Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 112 113
This is actually a discussion I'm seeing a lot on the tumblr side of things, but with the Coliseum revamp, would the staff be working on a way where the Coli is more rewarding to play?

Everything in the Coliseum lines up rewards by the roll of the dice and sometimes we wont even get any drops after a battle!

We use the coli for a lot of things (thanks to Baldwin you can still get a lot of Festival Currency w/o needing the coli) but most players see playing it as a chore. A player can grind for hours and not even get single apparel drop. That's a real bummer.

People at least want rewards to be calculable. Like if you beat so many of a certain enemy/ or a certain element, a particular reward is guaranteed to drop. At least its predictable and justifies hours of grinding in a certain venue.

For Example: You beat 50 serthis, you're guaranteed a Serthis familiar drop. You beat 100 shadow element enemies, you're guaranteed a piece of apparel that has dark colors. If you beat the venue boss 20 times you're guaranteed a super rare drop?
Something like that.

So far the only rewarding thing we get out of the coli is fodder training for money or those who level up dragons for others as a paid service, or those who fodder train for money and dominance.
This is actually a discussion I'm seeing a lot on the tumblr side of things, but with the Coliseum revamp, would the staff be working on a way where the Coli is more rewarding to play?

Everything in the Coliseum lines up rewards by the roll of the dice and sometimes we wont even get any drops after a battle!

We use the coli for a lot of things (thanks to Baldwin you can still get a lot of Festival Currency w/o needing the coli) but most players see playing it as a chore. A player can grind for hours and not even get single apparel drop. That's a real bummer.

People at least want rewards to be calculable. Like if you beat so many of a certain enemy/ or a certain element, a particular reward is guaranteed to drop. At least its predictable and justifies hours of grinding in a certain venue.

For Example: You beat 50 serthis, you're guaranteed a Serthis familiar drop. You beat 100 shadow element enemies, you're guaranteed a piece of apparel that has dark colors. If you beat the venue boss 20 times you're guaranteed a super rare drop?
Something like that.

So far the only rewarding thing we get out of the coli is fodder training for money or those who level up dragons for others as a paid service, or those who fodder train for money and dominance.
@Aniki

You have an A+ signature. For real.
@Aniki

You have an A+ signature. For real.
wY86E88.gif
@Aequorin Thank goodness! >_> I was really worried
@Aequorin Thank goodness! >_> I was really worried
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
I NEED 50230459309485723094587 PYTHON/MORPHS
I NEED 50230459309485723094587 PYTHON/MORPHS
anastasia_r_by_sheepshape-dcfd02j.gif
BLESS
BLESS
Between Petals, Python & Morph being so close to us, the upcoming colour wheel revamp, the AH make-over, and the re-coding of the site being halfway done, I don't know what to hype over the most
Also, I love the idea of the in-flight AH; it would further add to the unity of a flight, and it kind of reminds me to the real world, which is pretty cute so to say
On Python and Morph though, I feel like, with some colours (Platinum and Grey for example), it looks a little too much like either just White Smoke or a softer Paint/Piebald effect, while with others it looks gorgeous (Ice, Mulberry, Coal). I guess that's just one of the gene's quirks though

Now every dragon can literally be a Python morph
Between Petals, Python & Morph being so close to us, the upcoming colour wheel revamp, the AH make-over, and the re-coding of the site being halfway done, I don't know what to hype over the most
Also, I love the idea of the in-flight AH; it would further add to the unity of a flight, and it kind of reminds me to the real world, which is pretty cute so to say
On Python and Morph though, I feel like, with some colours (Platinum and Grey for example), it looks a little too much like either just White Smoke or a softer Paint/Piebald effect, while with others it looks gorgeous (Ice, Mulberry, Coal). I guess that's just one of the gene's quirks though

Now every dragon can literally be a Python morph
| Valen | '99 | He/it |
THIS SOUNDS AMAZING,, <3
THIS SOUNDS AMAZING,, <3
art_shop_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz00e.pngcharacter_shop_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz009.pngwishlist_icon_by_mad_whisperer-d9tz001.png
@MelzyQ

Check the Upcoming Revamp: Auction House, your wish has come true omg.
@MelzyQ

Check the Upcoming Revamp: Auction House, your wish has come true omg.
flavera_banner_by_the_angry_ant-d9g6lfv.png
I'm so happy about the AH revamp! Literally everything about it sounds amazing.

One question though: Will private auctions retain the tax on treasure sales? I feel like that might defeat the purpose if so.

And a suggestion: Parentless dragons search. Digging through triple basics for gen 1s can be a pain and right now I feel like the most reliable way to find them is via the forums.

I'm also very happy about info on how the site's progress is doing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new genes, as I don't really think they're my thing, but I'm digging the way accent colors are used. I also really like the idea of a coli drop gene on account of being tired of all genes being a treasure sink, but that makes me a little concerned about the rarity of them. If they're as rare as eggs, it won't be worth my time to grind for them and it really will be a pain to get. On the other hand, they are genes, and will be used less often than eggs, probably.

I'm always happy for new methods of obtaining genes, though, and it is only one set of genes for the coli.

I'm hyped for this AH revamp. But where does "early development" put us in a timeframe? The dev tracker was in early development over a year ago and is still not here. I'd like to know if this is expected to take something along the lines of a few months (maybe 3-6), or if it's more long-term and could take a year or more.
I'm so happy about the AH revamp! Literally everything about it sounds amazing.

One question though: Will private auctions retain the tax on treasure sales? I feel like that might defeat the purpose if so.

And a suggestion: Parentless dragons search. Digging through triple basics for gen 1s can be a pain and right now I feel like the most reliable way to find them is via the forums.

I'm also very happy about info on how the site's progress is doing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new genes, as I don't really think they're my thing, but I'm digging the way accent colors are used. I also really like the idea of a coli drop gene on account of being tired of all genes being a treasure sink, but that makes me a little concerned about the rarity of them. If they're as rare as eggs, it won't be worth my time to grind for them and it really will be a pain to get. On the other hand, they are genes, and will be used less often than eggs, probably.

I'm always happy for new methods of obtaining genes, though, and it is only one set of genes for the coli.

I'm hyped for this AH revamp. But where does "early development" put us in a timeframe? The dev tracker was in early development over a year ago and is still not here. I'd like to know if this is expected to take something along the lines of a few months (maybe 3-6), or if it's more long-term and could take a year or more.
Cool cool. I feel like if we get the coli gene, there will be lots of drama. But oh well. The AHs seem kind of redundant, but anything to make it easier to use is fine!
Cool cool. I feel like if we get the coli gene, there will be lots of drama. But oh well. The AHs seem kind of redundant, but anything to make it easier to use is fine!
they/them
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 112 113