Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crossroads: Revamped!
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
[quote name="DarksoulDragon" date=2016-03-21 12:34:33] @Xhaztol sorry for being rude before I am part of a Nest Rental group, and to have to put a trade up and only be able to ask the person if my price is "ok" then have them send me a trade with the price Then we can make the trade is just too much. too me there is an Extra step added that dose not need to be there. I had to do the trade 6 time each for 2 people getting their dragons back. because I did it wrong I DO like that we can send up to 3 dragons at a time and coin/gems and stuff but thank you for getting back to me, got to say I did not think anyone would [/quote] @DarksoulDragon No problem - and thank you for your feedback. The team has been engrossed in the discussions this weekend, so I wanted you to know that you're all being heard. If you have any other thoughts or concerns about things, don't hesitate to let me know.
DarksoulDragon wrote on 2016-03-21:
@Xhaztol

sorry for being rude before I am part of a Nest Rental group,

and to have to put a trade up and only be able to ask the person if my price is "ok" then have them send me a trade with the price Then we can make the trade is just too much.

too me there is an Extra step added that dose not need to be there.
I had to do the trade 6 time each for 2 people getting their dragons back. because I did it wrong

I DO like that we can send up to 3 dragons at a time and coin/gems and stuff

but thank you for getting back to me,
got to say I did not think anyone would

@DarksoulDragon

No problem - and thank you for your feedback. The team has been engrossed in the discussions this weekend, so I wanted you to know that you're all being heard. If you have any other thoughts or concerns about things, don't hesitate to let me know.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Xyrapvm.gif[/img]
Xyrapvm.gif
Oh wow, I just tried it for the first time, and got so confused.
Being able to add more/or anything should have been a great thing, if it hadn't went from simple to confusing.
Oh wow, I just tried it for the first time, and got so confused.
Being able to add more/or anything should have been a great thing, if it hadn't went from simple to confusing.
The crossroads haven't been too hard to figure out for me. I like that previously we were able to ask for the specific dragon or treasure amount when we were starting the trade, though. Waiting for the other person to add it is a little anti-intuitive to me, but it does make more sense this way for the section where you can add items, definitely. :) Going back and reading through, I also want to say that @azurillturtle: has some very good points. Back in their post on page 37, what really explains my main problem with the crossroads is: [quote]The person who sends the trade does not always accept in a timely manner.[/quote] I don't tend to have a lot of lair space in general, and with the new crossroads system, it kind of feels like it can take longer for your trading partner and you to both come online and make the required clicks to the trade than with the previous system. I'm not sure if this is something that can be easily helped or not, but it can be hard to make sure that I keep the right treasure amount out for a long-ish period of time. I'm always afraid that I'll accidentally spend a couple thousand treasure too much, forget that I did, and run into complications with my crossroad. Thank you guys for working so hard on this update, though!
The crossroads haven't been too hard to figure out for me. I like that previously we were able to ask for the specific dragon or treasure amount when we were starting the trade, though. Waiting for the other person to add it is a little anti-intuitive to me, but it does make more sense this way for the section where you can add items, definitely. :)

Going back and reading through, I also want to say that @azurillturtle: has some very good points. Back in their post on page 37, what really explains my main problem with the crossroads is:
Quote:
The person who sends the trade does not always accept in a timely manner.

I don't tend to have a lot of lair space in general, and with the new crossroads system, it kind of feels like it can take longer for your trading partner and you to both come online and make the required clicks to the trade than with the previous system.

I'm not sure if this is something that can be easily helped or not, but it can be hard to make sure that I keep the right treasure amount out for a long-ish period of time. I'm always afraid that I'll accidentally spend a couple thousand treasure too much, forget that I did, and run into complications with my crossroad.

Thank you guys for working so hard on this update, though!
Wooohoo! this is going to uncomplicate currency trading so much. (Mostly, it removes the worry of, well what if the other party just never sends their side. That would stink.)

Also, I love the rocs. (And the rocks, too.)
Wooohoo! this is going to uncomplicate currency trading so much. (Mostly, it removes the worry of, well what if the other party just never sends their side. That would stink.)

Also, I love the rocs. (And the rocks, too.)
Yay!!!!!
Yay!!!!!
The new CR isn't confusing to me, but I've done MMO trades just like this (you send the trade, they make the offer, both of you check okay on it) because it helps people from stealing stuff by switching what they're trading in the middle of it.

What *I* would like changed is:

1) Let us have a dropdown of friends list for trading. I trade stuff to my husband around twice a week, and it's kind of annoying for us to have to type in the others name every time. This is kind of nitpicky, but still. Or the last person traded with, in case you're sending like 200 dragons to the same person. Or even better, both.

2) Make the numbers for the different lair pages a font size bigger. They're too small right now, and a couple of pixels mis-click sends you to the wrong lair page. Maybe a way to check the three dragons at once too would be really nice.

3) Have an ALL button for stacks of food/materials/etc. The scrollbars are REALLY annoying, and when you have 23/50/99/whatever of one thing you want to trade, having to figet with it is, again, annoying. I want to send all of the things!

4) Have a checkbox for accept on one way trades. You have one for cancel! Just make a green checkbox to auto accept on one-ways. For people who are more worried, sure, the "awaiting finalization" section is fine, but with pushing, boarding, or whatever else, a "Yes, I don't care to double check, gimme!" would be amazingly handy. Again, probably should be just for one-way trades.

Other then that, it seems fine. The whole issue with "People not trading in a timely manner" is honestly an issue with the people trading, not the trade system.
The new CR isn't confusing to me, but I've done MMO trades just like this (you send the trade, they make the offer, both of you check okay on it) because it helps people from stealing stuff by switching what they're trading in the middle of it.

What *I* would like changed is:

1) Let us have a dropdown of friends list for trading. I trade stuff to my husband around twice a week, and it's kind of annoying for us to have to type in the others name every time. This is kind of nitpicky, but still. Or the last person traded with, in case you're sending like 200 dragons to the same person. Or even better, both.

2) Make the numbers for the different lair pages a font size bigger. They're too small right now, and a couple of pixels mis-click sends you to the wrong lair page. Maybe a way to check the three dragons at once too would be really nice.

3) Have an ALL button for stacks of food/materials/etc. The scrollbars are REALLY annoying, and when you have 23/50/99/whatever of one thing you want to trade, having to figet with it is, again, annoying. I want to send all of the things!

4) Have a checkbox for accept on one way trades. You have one for cancel! Just make a green checkbox to auto accept on one-ways. For people who are more worried, sure, the "awaiting finalization" section is fine, but with pushing, boarding, or whatever else, a "Yes, I don't care to double check, gimme!" would be amazingly handy. Again, probably should be just for one-way trades.

Other then that, it seems fine. The whole issue with "People not trading in a timely manner" is honestly an issue with the people trading, not the trade system.
2VP3h0i.gifv0bd3FH.png
@Xhaztol Hey! So I just got in 30 pieces of the same accents and I was so excited to try this out! Finally, secure trading! Woo!

But then it turned out it keeps letting me attach 'a specific' copy of the accent rather than 'a copy' of the accent, and if I accidentally click the same one for more than one person the trade doesn't go through.... I have to admit, with large quantity sending this makes it pretty unusable for me (I'm bound to lose track of which copies are 'spoken for' so to speak, ESPECIALLY if one of the trades goes through while I'm sending them out.) :c

Is it a bug, something that can be fixed in an update (like by graying it out if it's already part of a trade) or something that just means I have to go back to PMs?
@Xhaztol Hey! So I just got in 30 pieces of the same accents and I was so excited to try this out! Finally, secure trading! Woo!

But then it turned out it keeps letting me attach 'a specific' copy of the accent rather than 'a copy' of the accent, and if I accidentally click the same one for more than one person the trade doesn't go through.... I have to admit, with large quantity sending this makes it pretty unusable for me (I'm bound to lose track of which copies are 'spoken for' so to speak, ESPECIALLY if one of the trades goes through while I'm sending them out.) :c

Is it a bug, something that can be fixed in an update (like by graying it out if it's already part of a trade) or something that just means I have to go back to PMs?
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
[quote name="Tiriea" date=2016-03-21 16:12:58] @Xhaztol Hey! So I just got in 30 pieces of the same accents and I was so excited to try this out! Finally, secure trading! Woo! But then it turned out it keeps letting me attach 'a specific' copy of the accent rather than 'a copy' of the accent, and if I accidentally click the same one for more than one person the trade doesn't go through.... I have to admit, with large quantity sending this makes it pretty unusable for me (I'm bound to lose track of which copies are 'spoken for' so to speak, ESPECIALLY if one of the trades goes through while I'm sending them out.) :c Is it a bug, something that can be fixed in an update (like by graying it out if it's already part of a trade) or something that just means I have to go back to PMs? [/quote] @Tiriea Hey, thanks for the report. Could you actually do me a favor and put it in our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1793399][b]bug report thread[/b][/url] with [b]reproducible steps/screenshots[/b], if possible? Thank you!
Tiriea wrote on 2016-03-21:

@Tiriea

Hey, thanks for the report.

Could you actually do me a favor and put it in our bug report thread with reproducible steps/screenshots, if possible? Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol Hey, no problem!

I can give you reproducible steps, just not really screenshots because I deleted the trade (for the sake of organisation.) Sorry! Nothing looked out of place though, it just said I didn't have the required goods anymore C:
@Xhaztol Hey, no problem!

I can give you reproducible steps, just not really screenshots because I deleted the trade (for the sake of organisation.) Sorry! Nothing looked out of place though, it just said I didn't have the required goods anymore C:
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45