Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
I loved this event this year. There was a HUGE improvement on: chest drop rates, eggs, familiars, and other cool trinkets. I also liked how you could obtain chests from the trading post! Very useful. I obtained well over 20 chests and got all the holiday bears and other familiars I wanted so I'm happy. And because of how easily you could obtain them they weren't over priced in the auction house. So if I couldn't find one by opening chests I could just buy the ones I wanted very cheap! When I remember last year they were 100k or more (for some). Nice for selling but not for buying lol. Thank you so much for making it so enjoyable this year!!!!! Can't wait for next year! :D
I loved this event this year. There was a HUGE improvement on: chest drop rates, eggs, familiars, and other cool trinkets. I also liked how you could obtain chests from the trading post! Very useful. I obtained well over 20 chests and got all the holiday bears and other familiars I wanted so I'm happy. And because of how easily you could obtain them they weren't over priced in the auction house. So if I couldn't find one by opening chests I could just buy the ones I wanted very cheap! When I remember last year they were 100k or more (for some). Nice for selling but not for buying lol. Thank you so much for making it so enjoyable this year!!!!! Can't wait for next year! :D
Wow, seems I'm outnumbered but I was actually incredibly disappointed in the event this year because of major decrease of chest drops. I got pretty much nothing except a couple familiars out of the very low number (I'm talking like 5 or 6 here) of chests I got. And yes that included coliseum, gathering, and trading post crafting/swapping. I admit I couldn't craft too many ingredients because heck I do have a job and life outside of online fun ;D But still.

Content of chests seemed better, but still an overall failure with hardly getting any chests. Major disappointment :(
Wow, seems I'm outnumbered but I was actually incredibly disappointed in the event this year because of major decrease of chest drops. I got pretty much nothing except a couple familiars out of the very low number (I'm talking like 5 or 6 here) of chests I got. And yes that included coliseum, gathering, and trading post crafting/swapping. I admit I couldn't craft too many ingredients because heck I do have a job and life outside of online fun ;D But still.

Content of chests seemed better, but still an overall failure with hardly getting any chests. Major disappointment :(
I got 4 Chests...with Days I didnt even get one. And not a single Egg... :/
Its nice, but Im a little Dissappointed.
I got 4 Chests...with Days I didnt even get one. And not a single Egg... :/
Its nice, but Im a little Dissappointed.
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
I like that we were able to get good things out of the chests this year. However I feel like the drop rate/finding a chest was a bit too low. I managed to collect all the familiars this time around, but only half of them came from chests, the others I bought or traded for.

I feel like you guys are going in the right direction however there is still room for improvement.
I like that we were able to get good things out of the chests this year. However I feel like the drop rate/finding a chest was a bit too low. I managed to collect all the familiars this time around, but only half of them came from chests, the others I bought or traded for.

I feel like you guys are going in the right direction however there is still room for improvement.
8KRlx7p.png
Does anyone know if the new mimics (tomes, statues, puppets) were for this year only or are they coming back next year?
Does anyone know if the new mimics (tomes, statues, puppets) were for this year only or are they coming back next year?
Final verdict: LOVED the event!

Pros:

- Very little coli lag overall, and no significant coli downtime lasting consecutive hours or even days. A massive improvement on last year's event, and all that hard work paid off!

- About the same ratio of eggs gathered to effort put in that I noticed (but that could easily be down to the RNG for sure), out of 200 chests, there were 12 eggs and 1 scroll. And a LOT of familiars. Heh. I actually think I played in the Coli less intensely this year than last year, but it helped knowing that the Coli would be able to handle it.

- Scrolls and eggs were by default much cheaper on the AH this year than they were last year, which means that people who couldn't grind in the Coli stand a much better chance of getting both. I mean, I sold two scrolls last year for 6 million each, and this year they sunk below a million. So increased saturation, while not so great for resellers like me, is fantastic for people who wanted some of those items but weren't sure they'd get them.

- A lot more cheer overall. I know there's been detractors, but last year the general attitude in this thread, in my Flight forum, offline and talking to friends was just what a dismal event it was opening chest after chest (especially when you had say...200 chests and lag meant you couldn't open a single one for hours). Opening so many chests detracted from time spent in the Coli, too. So while I do kinda wish there was a slightly more consistent chest drop (that's just wishful thinking on my behalf though, not listing it as a con), there just seemed to be better attitudes overall this year? Unhappy people yes, but I'm not sure there's a chance to do this event in a way that *everyone* is happy - but the tonal shift from last year to this year is massive. So many more excited and happy people! :D

Cons:

- Sometimes it can be frustrating grinding for consecutive hours and not seeing a chest, or alternatively, seeing three chests in one hour and not really being sure why (RNG all the way). An absolutely dismal amount of chests yielded from digging/scavenging in shadow overall. I feel like this would've been disappointing to people who can't Coli?

- It felt a bit overwhelming keeping up with many different apparel bundles, so many new familiars, the old bears (and new bears), the Agol and other items in Baldwin's and so on. It was *fun* trying to get all the new stuff, but I was fortunate enough not to be working say full-time or part-time, or being expected to devote a lot of time to my family. I'm not sure what others think, but it may be beneficial to start stripping back so the experience doesn't get 'muddied.' Perhaps ditching the bears next year (so they don't lose *all* value?)

Anyway, overall, I think the admins and mods did a fantastic job factoring in the overwhelming complaints from last year. The servers were shored up (right after a new registration window and everything) and Coli grinding has become a lot more pleasurable overall.

I'd just like to say a big thank you from this side of things. This year's NotN was vastly above and beyond last year's for me, for many reasons, and I'm excited to see what next year brings.
Final verdict: LOVED the event!

Pros:

- Very little coli lag overall, and no significant coli downtime lasting consecutive hours or even days. A massive improvement on last year's event, and all that hard work paid off!

- About the same ratio of eggs gathered to effort put in that I noticed (but that could easily be down to the RNG for sure), out of 200 chests, there were 12 eggs and 1 scroll. And a LOT of familiars. Heh. I actually think I played in the Coli less intensely this year than last year, but it helped knowing that the Coli would be able to handle it.

- Scrolls and eggs were by default much cheaper on the AH this year than they were last year, which means that people who couldn't grind in the Coli stand a much better chance of getting both. I mean, I sold two scrolls last year for 6 million each, and this year they sunk below a million. So increased saturation, while not so great for resellers like me, is fantastic for people who wanted some of those items but weren't sure they'd get them.

- A lot more cheer overall. I know there's been detractors, but last year the general attitude in this thread, in my Flight forum, offline and talking to friends was just what a dismal event it was opening chest after chest (especially when you had say...200 chests and lag meant you couldn't open a single one for hours). Opening so many chests detracted from time spent in the Coli, too. So while I do kinda wish there was a slightly more consistent chest drop (that's just wishful thinking on my behalf though, not listing it as a con), there just seemed to be better attitudes overall this year? Unhappy people yes, but I'm not sure there's a chance to do this event in a way that *everyone* is happy - but the tonal shift from last year to this year is massive. So many more excited and happy people! :D

Cons:

- Sometimes it can be frustrating grinding for consecutive hours and not seeing a chest, or alternatively, seeing three chests in one hour and not really being sure why (RNG all the way). An absolutely dismal amount of chests yielded from digging/scavenging in shadow overall. I feel like this would've been disappointing to people who can't Coli?

- It felt a bit overwhelming keeping up with many different apparel bundles, so many new familiars, the old bears (and new bears), the Agol and other items in Baldwin's and so on. It was *fun* trying to get all the new stuff, but I was fortunate enough not to be working say full-time or part-time, or being expected to devote a lot of time to my family. I'm not sure what others think, but it may be beneficial to start stripping back so the experience doesn't get 'muddied.' Perhaps ditching the bears next year (so they don't lose *all* value?)

Anyway, overall, I think the admins and mods did a fantastic job factoring in the overwhelming complaints from last year. The servers were shored up (right after a new registration window and everything) and Coli grinding has become a lot more pleasurable overall.

I'd just like to say a big thank you from this side of things. This year's NotN was vastly above and beyond last year's for me, for many reasons, and I'm excited to see what next year brings.
5XOMGIA_zpscy9yadtq.png
I even counted how many chest I got per day. This was the result:

Day 1: 16
Day 2: 13
Day 3: 23
Day 4: 16
Day 5: 12
Day 6: 5
Day 7: 6
Day 8: 12
Day 9: 12
Day 10: 7
Day 11: 4
Day 12: 11
Day 13: 11
Day 14: 18

The numbers really seemed to flop on day 6,7,10, and 11. The numbers popped on 3 and 14.
I even counted how many chest I got per day. This was the result:

Day 1: 16
Day 2: 13
Day 3: 23
Day 4: 16
Day 5: 12
Day 6: 5
Day 7: 6
Day 8: 12
Day 9: 12
Day 10: 7
Day 11: 4
Day 12: 11
Day 13: 11
Day 14: 18

The numbers really seemed to flop on day 6,7,10, and 11. The numbers popped on 3 and 14.
xzRkRX8.png PqzYMrB.gif
Overall... when I had time to actually grind in the Coli, the event proved more fruitful than the days when all I could do was gather. However, being that this event sits squarely over the holidays, the days I could devote to Coli amounted to 2, out of 14. Between work and family (and sleep), the opportunity I had to participate in the event was minimal. I think, given the time of year NotN falls on, this was the case fora number of people, and perhaps tweaking the chest drop rate for gathering would be more encouraging to those who want to participate next year, even when they have only a little time each day. There was nothing more discouraging than the 4 days in a row where gathering failed to drop even one measly chest.

Also, with the bears, I was honestly surprised to see the ones from last NotN show up. With all the other new familiars, new apparel, etc I honestly thought we'd just get the second half of the elemental bears and their mimics. To get bears I already had from last year from the few chests I got this year was kind of a bummer.
Overall... when I had time to actually grind in the Coli, the event proved more fruitful than the days when all I could do was gather. However, being that this event sits squarely over the holidays, the days I could devote to Coli amounted to 2, out of 14. Between work and family (and sleep), the opportunity I had to participate in the event was minimal. I think, given the time of year NotN falls on, this was the case fora number of people, and perhaps tweaking the chest drop rate for gathering would be more encouraging to those who want to participate next year, even when they have only a little time each day. There was nothing more discouraging than the 4 days in a row where gathering failed to drop even one measly chest.

Also, with the bears, I was honestly surprised to see the ones from last NotN show up. With all the other new familiars, new apparel, etc I honestly thought we'd just get the second half of the elemental bears and their mimics. To get bears I already had from last year from the few chests I got this year was kind of a bummer.
sEHHQlL.pngUAhH4h6.pngF1VaRWN.pngW9Ew1Ol.png1LDX09c.pngdKMIE4u.png9KYYpWL.pngnFg3qVJ.png WVviIzM.pngeJlYHS7.png4amEjvc.pngVeAUBHV.pngjxQBuXD.png 5jalyiR.pngqEk2NRE.pngPWEmOPW.pngE7LGv21.png03Nt3eg.png46vIbcJ.pngzlTpkeg.png
I was waiting to see if there was an open NotN discussion, but as there seems to be none, I just wanted to add my two cents somewhere.

Last year there were a lot of complaints, but I worked my tail off and I got something ridiculous like 40-50 eggs, 2 Scrolls, and a very satisfying amount of familiars. Sure, it was a pain in the bum to open all the chests you farmed, and I had to set aside time to open them in between grinding sessions (like, an hour +), but I got GREAT things and other then lag, I didn't have many issues. Yeah opening chests for hours on end and getting food was awful, but I remember the loot I ended up with and the chests that sometimes had TWO familiars. That was great.

I was completely annoyed and underwhelmed this year. Don't get me wrong, it had GREAT potential, and I loved all the new familiars added in and the Baldwin items! I also really appreciated the Loga-mimic being Baldwin-only.

From a levelling perspective, if you were taking a team through each area, the mimics in each area were too much for a team "of level" to handle, and that was really annoying. So then I switched to straight farming and it still took an eternity to see chests. I think I must've accounted for 1/4 of the site's apparel alone and I just *barely* got one of every familiar. I saw zero Noc scrolls and a grand total of 10 eggs. So, for me, compared to last year, this was a total bust. I didn't hit the amount of each familiar I wanted to get, I didn't see a single scroll, and my egg count is depressing. I also knew it was going to happen, but I was annoyed every time I opened a chest and got one of last year's bears, as they're just slowly becoming worth less and less. And getting that one more meant one more new thing I didn't get.

I say this just about everywhere I can, so I'll say it again - I wish old familiars/whatever would be retired. If you joined during KS or in 2013, you got things that grew in value. The year I joined, everything keeps coming back, so I have ZERO chance of hoarding something to later sell for a crazy profit while people with Sprites just get richer and richer. Stop talking about bringing old things back, and stop bringing old things back. If someone misses something, it should give them something to work for. I was SO PROUD when I got my full set of Sprites and I'm pretty certain no one will ever say that about the Bears. Heck, no one even chooses them in raffles.

So, in short - I liked the new familiars. I liked they were in more Coli venues. That's about it. Drop rates made me sad. Old years drops made me sad. And I feel I accomplished way more with last year's event.
I was waiting to see if there was an open NotN discussion, but as there seems to be none, I just wanted to add my two cents somewhere.

Last year there were a lot of complaints, but I worked my tail off and I got something ridiculous like 40-50 eggs, 2 Scrolls, and a very satisfying amount of familiars. Sure, it was a pain in the bum to open all the chests you farmed, and I had to set aside time to open them in between grinding sessions (like, an hour +), but I got GREAT things and other then lag, I didn't have many issues. Yeah opening chests for hours on end and getting food was awful, but I remember the loot I ended up with and the chests that sometimes had TWO familiars. That was great.

I was completely annoyed and underwhelmed this year. Don't get me wrong, it had GREAT potential, and I loved all the new familiars added in and the Baldwin items! I also really appreciated the Loga-mimic being Baldwin-only.

From a levelling perspective, if you were taking a team through each area, the mimics in each area were too much for a team "of level" to handle, and that was really annoying. So then I switched to straight farming and it still took an eternity to see chests. I think I must've accounted for 1/4 of the site's apparel alone and I just *barely* got one of every familiar. I saw zero Noc scrolls and a grand total of 10 eggs. So, for me, compared to last year, this was a total bust. I didn't hit the amount of each familiar I wanted to get, I didn't see a single scroll, and my egg count is depressing. I also knew it was going to happen, but I was annoyed every time I opened a chest and got one of last year's bears, as they're just slowly becoming worth less and less. And getting that one more meant one more new thing I didn't get.

I say this just about everywhere I can, so I'll say it again - I wish old familiars/whatever would be retired. If you joined during KS or in 2013, you got things that grew in value. The year I joined, everything keeps coming back, so I have ZERO chance of hoarding something to later sell for a crazy profit while people with Sprites just get richer and richer. Stop talking about bringing old things back, and stop bringing old things back. If someone misses something, it should give them something to work for. I was SO PROUD when I got my full set of Sprites and I'm pretty certain no one will ever say that about the Bears. Heck, no one even chooses them in raffles.

So, in short - I liked the new familiars. I liked they were in more Coli venues. That's about it. Drop rates made me sad. Old years drops made me sad. And I feel I accomplished way more with last year's event.
@JovaniSkye
I felt the same about last year.
It was a pain on the wrist to open all the chest, but the loot was worth it.

This year, I had way less time to grind, but ... to be pretty honest, the drop rates in the coliseum were horrible, and not having the stuff for baldwin's and swipp's didn't help gaining chests either.
@JovaniSkye
I felt the same about last year.
It was a pain on the wrist to open all the chest, but the loot was worth it.

This year, I had way less time to grind, but ... to be pretty honest, the drop rates in the coliseum were horrible, and not having the stuff for baldwin's and swipp's didn't help gaining chests either.
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190