Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
For the love of the deities, will there ever be a use for the Nocturnal Dust (which I have 46 of because last year you guys really [Redacted] up with explaining the disintegration of chests), other than to brew or sell it?

Redacted by Gaia; Do not use profanity; this includes partially masked profanity or creative spelling to circumvent the profanity filter.
For the love of the deities, will there ever be a use for the Nocturnal Dust (which I have 46 of because last year you guys really [Redacted] up with explaining the disintegration of chests), other than to brew or sell it?

Redacted by Gaia; Do not use profanity; this includes partially masked profanity or creative spelling to circumvent the profanity filter.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
I really enjoyed it.

I went into areas of the Coliseum I don't normally go any more and appreciated the new monsters. I thought the animations were really fun to watch and not the same old thing in the Coli we see all year. My favorites were the spinning balls for Opposing Forces and Unlikely Alliance in the Sandswept Delta. Neat touch how they were almost transparent. Also the reflections that faded in and out on the evil mirrors.

I bounced around between Harpy's Roost, Crystal Beds, and the Boreal Wood for Swipp trades. I don't go into the Crystal Beds or Wood much any more since I've got everything I wanted out of them a long time ago. Most of my Coli time is normally spent in the Mire exalting dragons for profit on normal days.

I don't remember how many chests I opened either year, but I spend the bulk of my vacation hanging out on Flight Rising and listening to Audiobooks. It's relaxing for me. I got quite a few eggs last year (don't recall how many) but I'm sure it's more this year. I ended up with 38 eggs and 3 scrolls. I only got 1 scroll last year. 99% of the hatchlings will probably end up Exalted because they look like someone threw up fruitloops on them, but I'm looking forward to the new colors so I can open all of them and see what I get!

I didn't do any flipping because I Exalt 10 adults daily for 100,000. That's insanely tedious for some people, but I chill at the end of the day before bed and do that to wind down. So I kept all my stuff which I didn't trade. What I'll DO with a bazillion bears I have no idea, but I'll think of something.

I'm completely DROWNING in bears, Conjurer's Apparel and the other familiars, but I gave a lot of them away to people who don't do the Coli, new people, traded them, and overall had a lot of fun. Glad they made it to where we can sell the bears outright like any other familiar or stuff them in Baldwin's cauldron so I didn't mind. Compared to opening the Tidelord-only-knows how many chests the first year, I liked this better.

It was great to have Agol, the ability to make chests, and some apparel with Baldwin. That let some of my friends who loathe the Coliseum to get some chests, too. It also cleared out some of my excess materials by giving them away to said friends for brewing.

While grinding I got some other great stuff, too, like another Yeti, Hawkbill Goliath turtle, several Ambush runes, and some pink silks. That all turned into profit / trade / raffle donations for my Flight so I was really happy with that as a bonus.

I'm kind of glad it's over because my fingers might have fallen off if it went on another week (obsessive much? Why yes, yes I am...) But I still had a great time overall.

Now to fidget until the new colors come out...

I really enjoyed it.

I went into areas of the Coliseum I don't normally go any more and appreciated the new monsters. I thought the animations were really fun to watch and not the same old thing in the Coli we see all year. My favorites were the spinning balls for Opposing Forces and Unlikely Alliance in the Sandswept Delta. Neat touch how they were almost transparent. Also the reflections that faded in and out on the evil mirrors.

I bounced around between Harpy's Roost, Crystal Beds, and the Boreal Wood for Swipp trades. I don't go into the Crystal Beds or Wood much any more since I've got everything I wanted out of them a long time ago. Most of my Coli time is normally spent in the Mire exalting dragons for profit on normal days.

I don't remember how many chests I opened either year, but I spend the bulk of my vacation hanging out on Flight Rising and listening to Audiobooks. It's relaxing for me. I got quite a few eggs last year (don't recall how many) but I'm sure it's more this year. I ended up with 38 eggs and 3 scrolls. I only got 1 scroll last year. 99% of the hatchlings will probably end up Exalted because they look like someone threw up fruitloops on them, but I'm looking forward to the new colors so I can open all of them and see what I get!

I didn't do any flipping because I Exalt 10 adults daily for 100,000. That's insanely tedious for some people, but I chill at the end of the day before bed and do that to wind down. So I kept all my stuff which I didn't trade. What I'll DO with a bazillion bears I have no idea, but I'll think of something.

I'm completely DROWNING in bears, Conjurer's Apparel and the other familiars, but I gave a lot of them away to people who don't do the Coli, new people, traded them, and overall had a lot of fun. Glad they made it to where we can sell the bears outright like any other familiar or stuff them in Baldwin's cauldron so I didn't mind. Compared to opening the Tidelord-only-knows how many chests the first year, I liked this better.

It was great to have Agol, the ability to make chests, and some apparel with Baldwin. That let some of my friends who loathe the Coliseum to get some chests, too. It also cleared out some of my excess materials by giving them away to said friends for brewing.

While grinding I got some other great stuff, too, like another Yeti, Hawkbill Goliath turtle, several Ambush runes, and some pink silks. That all turned into profit / trade / raffle donations for my Flight so I was really happy with that as a bonus.

I'm kind of glad it's over because my fingers might have fallen off if it went on another week (obsessive much? Why yes, yes I am...) But I still had a great time overall.

Now to fidget until the new colors come out...

Can't say I'm happy with the end of the event. At all.

I spent all this time grinding at the highest level in the Coli and doing my gathering turns, etc. Ended up with 15 chests in total. I got on every day during this event and spent more time grinding than I ever have before (because I just don't have the time).
Guess what happens? I wasn't aware that the chests just disintegrate and I waited to open them all up at once and hoped to sell some.

I get on today and find out they all turned into useless dust. Who the hell is going to buy this off the AH when it has basically no use?? I wasn't around for last year's event, so I didn't know much about it. I put some blame on myself for not remembering every detail of this forum, that explained the event in it's entirety. However, I was unable to get on at all yesterday and had no reminder.

Basically, I'm peeved because I spent hours of my time busting my [Redacted] for something very valuable, only to have it disintegrate into something useless. I can only hope someone else understands my frustration.

Can't say I'm happy with the end of the event. At all.

I spent all this time grinding at the highest level in the Coli and doing my gathering turns, etc. Ended up with 15 chests in total. I got on every day during this event and spent more time grinding than I ever have before (because I just don't have the time).
Guess what happens? I wasn't aware that the chests just disintegrate and I waited to open them all up at once and hoped to sell some.

I get on today and find out they all turned into useless dust. Who the hell is going to buy this off the AH when it has basically no use?? I wasn't around for last year's event, so I didn't know much about it. I put some blame on myself for not remembering every detail of this forum, that explained the event in it's entirety. However, I was unable to get on at all yesterday and had no reminder.

Basically, I'm peeved because I spent hours of my time busting my [Redacted] for something very valuable, only to have it disintegrate into something useless. I can only hope someone else understands my frustration.

742170be13a6f131fcd48e78616ad5b1.png
I enjoyed this festival, but not as much as I did last year. I think part of my problem was that chests hardly ever dropped. I understand we were tripping over them last year, so can we find a happy medium between the two???? Also I didn't like that there was only on item when I opened a chest. I felt like I got jipped on the chests. I did enjoy the food and trinket items in the coli, but when I just whopped on monsters for hours and might have a few chests to show far it and there's only one item I wonder other than the eggs why am I doing this? Overall I think things from last year and this year need to be combined. Well, other than the site crashing and everything. Will be waiting to see what you guys do for next years Night of The Nocture, it'll probably be great.
I enjoyed this festival, but not as much as I did last year. I think part of my problem was that chests hardly ever dropped. I understand we were tripping over them last year, so can we find a happy medium between the two???? Also I didn't like that there was only on item when I opened a chest. I felt like I got jipped on the chests. I did enjoy the food and trinket items in the coli, but when I just whopped on monsters for hours and might have a few chests to show far it and there's only one item I wonder other than the eggs why am I doing this? Overall I think things from last year and this year need to be combined. Well, other than the site crashing and everything. Will be waiting to see what you guys do for next years Night of The Nocture, it'll probably be great.
Night of the Nocturne was great this year.

I've been sick pretty much the entire event and because of that wasn't able to coli grind as much as I wanted but I did get everything I wanted.

Pros of this year:

+ Able to get chests from any Coli venue except Training Fields.
+ Baldwin exclusive stuff meant transmuting and selling was a viable option to get all the cool stuff you wanted.
+ Swipp often had trades for Strange Chests available.
+ According to my calculations of what I obtained from chests, almost 2/3s were new stuff from this NotN.
+ Didn't actually require entering the Coli at all - since there were Swipp Swaps and Baldwin and Gathering, if you had planned ahead and had treasure available as a result or made use of transmuting to sell ingredients needed for the Baldwin exclusives, you could have avoided the Coli completely by selling and buying tactically throughout the two weeks. It's a lot more user friendly than the last one where the only options were Coli or buy chests.

Cons:

- The rate from gathering was a little low compared to other methods of obtaining chests. Drop rate could be increased a little here to be fairer for those unable to Coli - didn't really affect me personally, but I know there are some people who can't Coli at all.

I would support the ideas of allowing Cuckoos etc. to be collected by gathering and Mimic Dust being allowed to be made by Baldwin or found by Scavenging during the event - while I do say it is ridiculous to expect the event to completely avoid any reliance on the Coli since it is a key feature of the site, I also believe that to be completely fair to people who cannot use the Coli very much, they should be obtainable by some method outside of the Coli besides buying them off people who can Coli.

Also, while it hasn't affected me personally, maybe chests should stop being able to drop a few minutes before the actual disintegration time so people aren't getting a last second chest and poof, it's dust before they can even look at it? Just a slight interval could reduce the amount of chests turned to dust.
Night of the Nocturne was great this year.

I've been sick pretty much the entire event and because of that wasn't able to coli grind as much as I wanted but I did get everything I wanted.

Pros of this year:

+ Able to get chests from any Coli venue except Training Fields.
+ Baldwin exclusive stuff meant transmuting and selling was a viable option to get all the cool stuff you wanted.
+ Swipp often had trades for Strange Chests available.
+ According to my calculations of what I obtained from chests, almost 2/3s were new stuff from this NotN.
+ Didn't actually require entering the Coli at all - since there were Swipp Swaps and Baldwin and Gathering, if you had planned ahead and had treasure available as a result or made use of transmuting to sell ingredients needed for the Baldwin exclusives, you could have avoided the Coli completely by selling and buying tactically throughout the two weeks. It's a lot more user friendly than the last one where the only options were Coli or buy chests.

Cons:

- The rate from gathering was a little low compared to other methods of obtaining chests. Drop rate could be increased a little here to be fairer for those unable to Coli - didn't really affect me personally, but I know there are some people who can't Coli at all.

I would support the ideas of allowing Cuckoos etc. to be collected by gathering and Mimic Dust being allowed to be made by Baldwin or found by Scavenging during the event - while I do say it is ridiculous to expect the event to completely avoid any reliance on the Coli since it is a key feature of the site, I also believe that to be completely fair to people who cannot use the Coli very much, they should be obtainable by some method outside of the Coli besides buying them off people who can Coli.

Also, while it hasn't affected me personally, maybe chests should stop being able to drop a few minutes before the actual disintegration time so people aren't getting a last second chest and poof, it's dust before they can even look at it? Just a slight interval could reduce the amount of chests turned to dust.
I actually was hoping to get a last minute chest that would disintegrate, I think the dust is pretty. Alas, it didn't happen. Though I suppose if one didn't want that chance, to stop coli'ing before it happens. Thought, the staff did make the effort to keep that from happening in Swipp and Baldwin.

Though I can't see how one can't know that the chests disintegrate, it was mentioned in the post, as well as on the site status sidebar.

I do like the idea of being able to craft the mimic dust. Hmm, can we craft nocturne dust too? It's so cute!!!

I don't think festival currency would fit into the Nocturne lore very well, and I certainly don't like the idea of having to currency to buy eggs, we can't buy the elemental eggs that way after all.

I like having the event last two weeks, because it gives me the chance to participate some. It doesn't burn me out, but then I choose to not drive myself to that point. Course, this year was certainly less stressful since we knew it was coming up, and I could save up towards it. Course, I did screw myself with spending so much on being a Secret Santa that I didn't have has much funds to play with as I liked. But that's on me. It certainly wasn't that hard to pick up things, and I'll still be picking up things to round out my collection. Or, I'll wait rill next year.
I actually was hoping to get a last minute chest that would disintegrate, I think the dust is pretty. Alas, it didn't happen. Though I suppose if one didn't want that chance, to stop coli'ing before it happens. Thought, the staff did make the effort to keep that from happening in Swipp and Baldwin.

Though I can't see how one can't know that the chests disintegrate, it was mentioned in the post, as well as on the site status sidebar.

I do like the idea of being able to craft the mimic dust. Hmm, can we craft nocturne dust too? It's so cute!!!

I don't think festival currency would fit into the Nocturne lore very well, and I certainly don't like the idea of having to currency to buy eggs, we can't buy the elemental eggs that way after all.

I like having the event last two weeks, because it gives me the chance to participate some. It doesn't burn me out, but then I choose to not drive myself to that point. Course, this year was certainly less stressful since we knew it was coming up, and I could save up towards it. Course, I did screw myself with spending so much on being a Secret Santa that I didn't have has much funds to play with as I liked. But that's on me. It certainly wasn't that hard to pick up things, and I'll still be picking up things to round out my collection. Or, I'll wait rill next year.
giphy.gif
It started a little rough from me but I eventually enjoyed it. I still wish the coli was fixed before this to make grinding easier. I can only hope we will get a coli update soon.

Anyway, it was nice to be able to make more chests through brewing and swipp. I like that one of the brewing recipes made it so you didn't have to grind the coli and the other made use of the useless dust. I still find it an issue though that the only other non-coli way of getting chests was through gathering. Though I started getting a little more luck while coli grinding (which is pain for me because like I said the coli isn't optimized) I still think some adjustments in drops are still needed. I don't want to return to how it was last year because this year was an improvement by far. Some people say they liked the old way because it felt like progress but I don't agree. I got way more eggs this year than last year thanks to the chests only holding rare items. I still think chests should be rare, just not quite this rare. I think to help with the drop rate it would also be an improvement make the mimic monsters appear more often. Sometimes you could sit there and not find a monster for awhile. I really do hope that by next year the coli will be fixed so it is more accessible to players.

IN SUMMARY

pros of the event:

-Baldwin and Swipp were perfect additions!
-Chests only holding rare items meant getting more goodies
-Baldwin having one recipe that doesn't require coli grinding
-Having a use for dust

What could use some adjustment:

-Drops rates, keep them rare but not so extremely
-More ways to get chests without coli
-More frequent mimic monster spawn rates would be nice too
-Improved coli in general, I know it's on the to do list but I hope it will be fixed for next year
It started a little rough from me but I eventually enjoyed it. I still wish the coli was fixed before this to make grinding easier. I can only hope we will get a coli update soon.

Anyway, it was nice to be able to make more chests through brewing and swipp. I like that one of the brewing recipes made it so you didn't have to grind the coli and the other made use of the useless dust. I still find it an issue though that the only other non-coli way of getting chests was through gathering. Though I started getting a little more luck while coli grinding (which is pain for me because like I said the coli isn't optimized) I still think some adjustments in drops are still needed. I don't want to return to how it was last year because this year was an improvement by far. Some people say they liked the old way because it felt like progress but I don't agree. I got way more eggs this year than last year thanks to the chests only holding rare items. I still think chests should be rare, just not quite this rare. I think to help with the drop rate it would also be an improvement make the mimic monsters appear more often. Sometimes you could sit there and not find a monster for awhile. I really do hope that by next year the coli will be fixed so it is more accessible to players.

IN SUMMARY

pros of the event:

-Baldwin and Swipp were perfect additions!
-Chests only holding rare items meant getting more goodies
-Baldwin having one recipe that doesn't require coli grinding
-Having a use for dust

What could use some adjustment:

-Drops rates, keep them rare but not so extremely
-More ways to get chests without coli
-More frequent mimic monster spawn rates would be nice too
-Improved coli in general, I know it's on the to do list but I hope it will be fixed for next year
tumblr_njxvvr0Wrn1qdq86jo2_250.gif
This was a wonderful event, I missed the last one.
But there is always good and bad.

I read that last year the chest system were horrible.
So when me and my friends were playing I felt for the last one as grinding it was actually even hard to get even enemy's let alone chests. ( Do admit I din't do anything up until the last two weeks)

That is until me and 7 other friends made a Skype chat to better converse about trading. I couldn't believe the amount of chests they were getting.
While you aren't going to get many chests from gathering, I was still getting nothing for days only collecting at most 5 from entire event. And the others getting a 'bigger haul'

And as far as grinding in the Coli.
Over and over and over getting several waves of event mobs along with several chests. One person suggested Harpy's roost as they'd always get event mobs in a wave around 3x in a row at least. Another friend switch there and had the same luck. As I was the only other of us that had lvl 23/25 dragons thus after a few scratches they could 1 hit KO constantly with eliminate thus flying threw the waves in at most 6 hits with full breath, so grinding wasn't as tedious for the others. I also went there and again I still ran into nothing.

In the chat my boyfriend was getting nocturne eggs left and right from the chests, familiars and apparel being uncommon until these last few days.

It wasn't until these days that I figured I'd just grind in the Rainsong Forrest so I could a least get the puppets I adored. It was THEN I was running into monsters just as frequent as them. I was getting familiars but it was a least something. Ironically my BF was having the horrible luck I'd had in Harpy's Roost.

I know there is RNG for these types of things
But the event mob encounter rate, chest loot rate, and chests from gathering, when putting in an equal amount of time, seemed skewed and in my opinion was ridiculous and extremely nerving.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the event,
Just the comparison over time of the RNG system. It seemed as for some reason the system, for several days and the majority of time, just hated my guts as I was 'below' the common/average of the total 8 people in our group.
This was a wonderful event, I missed the last one.
But there is always good and bad.

I read that last year the chest system were horrible.
So when me and my friends were playing I felt for the last one as grinding it was actually even hard to get even enemy's let alone chests. ( Do admit I din't do anything up until the last two weeks)

That is until me and 7 other friends made a Skype chat to better converse about trading. I couldn't believe the amount of chests they were getting.
While you aren't going to get many chests from gathering, I was still getting nothing for days only collecting at most 5 from entire event. And the others getting a 'bigger haul'

And as far as grinding in the Coli.
Over and over and over getting several waves of event mobs along with several chests. One person suggested Harpy's roost as they'd always get event mobs in a wave around 3x in a row at least. Another friend switch there and had the same luck. As I was the only other of us that had lvl 23/25 dragons thus after a few scratches they could 1 hit KO constantly with eliminate thus flying threw the waves in at most 6 hits with full breath, so grinding wasn't as tedious for the others. I also went there and again I still ran into nothing.

In the chat my boyfriend was getting nocturne eggs left and right from the chests, familiars and apparel being uncommon until these last few days.

It wasn't until these days that I figured I'd just grind in the Rainsong Forrest so I could a least get the puppets I adored. It was THEN I was running into monsters just as frequent as them. I was getting familiars but it was a least something. Ironically my BF was having the horrible luck I'd had in Harpy's Roost.

I know there is RNG for these types of things
But the event mob encounter rate, chest loot rate, and chests from gathering, when putting in an equal amount of time, seemed skewed and in my opinion was ridiculous and extremely nerving.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the event,
Just the comparison over time of the RNG system. It seemed as for some reason the system, for several days and the majority of time, just hated my guts as I was 'below' the common/average of the total 8 people in our group.
tumblr_inline_n6kduuBoHW1qlye38.gif
FREE Nest Rental || +3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
this year was SO much better than last year, i absolutely loved the way it was updated. i barely needed any grinding to be swimming in event items, as opposed to last year where it felt like i was grinding non-stop for very little reward.

the lowered drop-rate of chests with guaranteed loot felt far more rewarding, and (for me) meant a much higher turnout of loot for way less effort. i got WAY MORE than i did last year, from only maybe an hour of grinding every other day (or less) and cashing the extra junk into swipp and baldwin.

last year, like i said, i was grinding from when i woke up all the way until bed time, opened nearly a thousand chests, and got far less worthwhile stuff. not to mention the exhausting lag (which i didnt get at ALL this year)

the super huge loot table was really cool too, as last year even when you got something good it was almost guaranteed to be a duplicate after a few days. and this year if i got a dupe i just dumped it in baldwin for the chance to brew more chests!

overall it was awesome, and i'm hoping next year keeps this up. thank you staff!
this year was SO much better than last year, i absolutely loved the way it was updated. i barely needed any grinding to be swimming in event items, as opposed to last year where it felt like i was grinding non-stop for very little reward.

the lowered drop-rate of chests with guaranteed loot felt far more rewarding, and (for me) meant a much higher turnout of loot for way less effort. i got WAY MORE than i did last year, from only maybe an hour of grinding every other day (or less) and cashing the extra junk into swipp and baldwin.

last year, like i said, i was grinding from when i woke up all the way until bed time, opened nearly a thousand chests, and got far less worthwhile stuff. not to mention the exhausting lag (which i didnt get at ALL this year)

the super huge loot table was really cool too, as last year even when you got something good it was almost guaranteed to be a duplicate after a few days. and this year if i got a dupe i just dumped it in baldwin for the chance to brew more chests!

overall it was awesome, and i'm hoping next year keeps this up. thank you staff!
42.png
I think it might help if they would include a random assortment food and trinket items in the chests with familiars and clothing (maybe eggs and scrolls too), like how normal chests give you an assortment of items, as well as in gathering/scavenging/etc.

It'd be a bit more fair to people who can't/don't coli grind by allowing them to get the ingrediants used in swaps too.

I enjoy NotN, and I'm happy it's been improved upon, but I think it still needs a bit more tweaking before it's just right. Plus I'm probably going to be burnt out on coli grinding for months again.
I think it might help if they would include a random assortment food and trinket items in the chests with familiars and clothing (maybe eggs and scrolls too), like how normal chests give you an assortment of items, as well as in gathering/scavenging/etc.

It'd be a bit more fair to people who can't/don't coli grind by allowing them to get the ingrediants used in swaps too.

I enjoy NotN, and I'm happy it's been improved upon, but I think it still needs a bit more tweaking before it's just right. Plus I'm probably going to be burnt out on coli grinding for months again.
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190