Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 189 190
I absolutely loved this event! Did I get a scroll? No, but I wasn't really searching for one and if I had gotten one it would have been a bonus. I got multiples of all the familiars, even gave away some to other players. Made BANK selling extra chests in the AH for roughly 30k per. :D
I absolutely loved this event! Did I get a scroll? No, but I wasn't really searching for one and if I had gotten one it would have been a bonus. I got multiples of all the familiars, even gave away some to other players. Made BANK selling extra chests in the AH for roughly 30k per. :D
Gx0BRyp.gifeJFFsAB.gifO6Ucbqk.gifIDZwpQR.gif
Grah! I left two chests with Baldwin :c
That was disappointing of me. lol.
Grah! I left two chests with Baldwin :c
That was disappointing of me. lol.
ctFAI4k.gif
I read elsewhere, that I don't recall now, that they had levels. If not, then what's the point of grinding anywhere but the lowest level allowed? I got at least a dozen of them last night and tossed most of them on the AH. :D I only got repeat bears out of those. I despise bears now.1
I read elsewhere, that I don't recall now, that they had levels. If not, then what's the point of grinding anywhere but the lowest level allowed? I got at least a dozen of them last night and tossed most of them on the AH. :D I only got repeat bears out of those. I despise bears now.1
Salty comments about my disappointment because I didn't have time to grind for hours a day nonwithstanding, I think that the improvements made this year to NotN paid off. Yes, I was frustrated with the lowered chest drop rate, but I also didn't have time to grind consistently, so perhaps I was just unlucky.

The huge range of available items made the event more exciting, but it also added to frustration when I wasn't able to collect everything.

I'm not criticising the event at all, just saying that I guess there's no way to make an event that will leave everyone feeling entirely satisfied. I just wanted to comment because I think the event is great, the RNG just wasn't my friend and *shrug* it is what it is.
Salty comments about my disappointment because I didn't have time to grind for hours a day nonwithstanding, I think that the improvements made this year to NotN paid off. Yes, I was frustrated with the lowered chest drop rate, but I also didn't have time to grind consistently, so perhaps I was just unlucky.

The huge range of available items made the event more exciting, but it also added to frustration when I wasn't able to collect everything.

I'm not criticising the event at all, just saying that I guess there's no way to make an event that will leave everyone feeling entirely satisfied. I just wanted to comment because I think the event is great, the RNG just wasn't my friend and *shrug* it is what it is.
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
I've opened 166 chests and got a lot of bear duplicates, handfull of purple apparel, 16 eggs and one scroll. I have to say that this event stopped being fun and interesting more or less after 3rd day of grinding in the coli and started feeling more like hard labour lol

This seriously made me hate coliseum enough to not want to go there anymore. I've seen ppl say that watching movies during coli grinding makes it easier and it made me cringe. If the game becomes so annoying and tiring that players are looking for distraction "to make it more bearable" while they are forcing themselves to play it for hours just to get a chest that probably contains another duplicate of a familiar they already have several copies, then this even is not even close to being a success :\

Seriously, if I didn't want this scroll as much as I did, I would not have cared at all about all this. And I am considering myself to be lucky because I have opened just 166 chests, but since I was reading the comments under this thread I've seen a lot of people saying that they have opened a similar amount and barely even got any eggs.

Also I feel sorry for people who just joined, don't have a decent coli team and this was the first event on this site they were participating in.
I've opened 166 chests and got a lot of bear duplicates, handfull of purple apparel, 16 eggs and one scroll. I have to say that this event stopped being fun and interesting more or less after 3rd day of grinding in the coli and started feeling more like hard labour lol

This seriously made me hate coliseum enough to not want to go there anymore. I've seen ppl say that watching movies during coli grinding makes it easier and it made me cringe. If the game becomes so annoying and tiring that players are looking for distraction "to make it more bearable" while they are forcing themselves to play it for hours just to get a chest that probably contains another duplicate of a familiar they already have several copies, then this even is not even close to being a success :\

Seriously, if I didn't want this scroll as much as I did, I would not have cared at all about all this. And I am considering myself to be lucky because I have opened just 166 chests, but since I was reading the comments under this thread I've seen a lot of people saying that they have opened a similar amount and barely even got any eggs.

Also I feel sorry for people who just joined, don't have a decent coli team and this was the first event on this site they were participating in.
FR time +9

I enjoyed the event, more than last year even!

Between gathering, the Coli, and Swipp, I got plenty of chests.

I saved up chests to open a batch on Christmas day, and then I saved up about 20 more to open a few days later. My goals were eggs and noc scrolls. Luckily, I got plenty of eggs on my Christmas day opening, and an actual scroll when i tried again days later (I screamed!).

After I found the scroll, I started selling every chest that i got. And i used those profits to buy more eggs and another noc scroll. Added bonus of scavenging both a Shadow Egg and a Nature Egg, while gathering for chests. I hadn't scavenged an egg in over a year, so I was really surprised and pleased.

I managed to pick up 1 gem apparel bundle, and 2 each of the treasure MP bundles when people were underselling them in the AH. I was able to use Baldwin and brew multiples of that apparel as well.

I didn't hatch a single egg that I got from the event, but I spent way too much treasure buying hatchlings from the people who did.

So overall, I am more satisfied with this year's event than last year's. I don't know what the future will bring, but this event was muchly improved over the last one.

Thank you all who worked hard to bring it to us!

I enjoyed the event, more than last year even!

Between gathering, the Coli, and Swipp, I got plenty of chests.

I saved up chests to open a batch on Christmas day, and then I saved up about 20 more to open a few days later. My goals were eggs and noc scrolls. Luckily, I got plenty of eggs on my Christmas day opening, and an actual scroll when i tried again days later (I screamed!).

After I found the scroll, I started selling every chest that i got. And i used those profits to buy more eggs and another noc scroll. Added bonus of scavenging both a Shadow Egg and a Nature Egg, while gathering for chests. I hadn't scavenged an egg in over a year, so I was really surprised and pleased.

I managed to pick up 1 gem apparel bundle, and 2 each of the treasure MP bundles when people were underselling them in the AH. I was able to use Baldwin and brew multiples of that apparel as well.

I didn't hatch a single egg that I got from the event, but I spent way too much treasure buying hatchlings from the people who did.

So overall, I am more satisfied with this year's event than last year's. I don't know what the future will bring, but this event was muchly improved over the last one.

Thank you all who worked hard to bring it to us!
I just want to give kudos to the site team--it may have just been me, but the coli's performance really seemed to improve for this festival. On the first day, it was a bit laggy when I first got in. I went out and went back in, and suddenly it was fast. I mean, faster than fast, like, I've never seen it so fast. My dragons were literally zipping back and forth. It never quite reached that level of performance again, but I was impressed--hearing from so many people how last year's NotN was a disaster of lag makes me really appreciate how smoothly it seemed to go this year.

I still got totally coli'ed out by the end, but that's my own fault; I just couldn't stop compulsively grinding. ^_^

I was satisfied by the chest drop rate, and the Swipp trades and Baldwin brews probably came close to doubling the amount of chests I got. Opening them got a little frustrating toward the end when I started ending up with multiples of the same familiars, but you know what--that's what trading threads are for. I filled out a complete collection of familiars by trading with other people. So that was cool.

Overall? The festival was a bit grueling, but again, that was my own fault. There was lots of cool stuff (those herb pouches, I love them, ALL THE POUCHES, YES), and I got a super pretty noc out of it. So right now I'm tired but happy.

Thanks, guys!
I just want to give kudos to the site team--it may have just been me, but the coli's performance really seemed to improve for this festival. On the first day, it was a bit laggy when I first got in. I went out and went back in, and suddenly it was fast. I mean, faster than fast, like, I've never seen it so fast. My dragons were literally zipping back and forth. It never quite reached that level of performance again, but I was impressed--hearing from so many people how last year's NotN was a disaster of lag makes me really appreciate how smoothly it seemed to go this year.

I still got totally coli'ed out by the end, but that's my own fault; I just couldn't stop compulsively grinding. ^_^

I was satisfied by the chest drop rate, and the Swipp trades and Baldwin brews probably came close to doubling the amount of chests I got. Opening them got a little frustrating toward the end when I started ending up with multiples of the same familiars, but you know what--that's what trading threads are for. I filled out a complete collection of familiars by trading with other people. So that was cool.

Overall? The festival was a bit grueling, but again, that was my own fault. There was lots of cool stuff (those herb pouches, I love them, ALL THE POUCHES, YES), and I got a super pretty noc out of it. So right now I'm tired but happy.

Thanks, guys!
MmSftql.png
I don't think the contents of the chests were linked to what area you got them. Or at least I managed to get everything but a scroll from the lowest levels. The only benefit to grinding on the higher levels, as far as I know, is getting the food and trinket items needed for Swipp. And possibly the rate drop, although I did OK on that, too. Which seems fair, since newbies wouldn't have access to the highest levels.

As others have said, there's no way to make EVERYONE happy, but I do think the staff is trying hard to improve and at least they listen to feedback from us. I can kind of understand the questioning of why this event is annual when Nocs have already been introduced. I know it's meant to be a sort of bonus holiday for us all, but having a month to relax would be nice, too, especially given how busy the winter holiday season can be. Which, yes, was an observation that got made last year, too, so I guess there's enough interest to keep it going.

Maybe limit it to one week? I know it's meant to be a larger cushion for those dealing with full schedules, but I feel like two weeks makes for a higher rate of burnout. Maybe that's just me, though. Is the second week really beneficial to the majority of folks? Other than the whole issue of drop rates in Gathering seeming to be abysmal for a lot of people. It seems like that's something that could potentially be tweaked.

I still feel that having an alternative to the coli would also help alleviate some of the stress/complaints people are having- not just with NotN, but with elemental holidays in general. I know Adventure Mode is an idea that's been kicking around since before I joined. I don't know where that falls on the development list, but maybe it could be bumped up a bit to make it more of a priority. I'm coming up blank on other ideas, but maybe that's something that could be (or has been) discussed in the Suggestions area? Something to help make the site more inclusive to those who either can't handle the coli (headaches, anxiety, on mobile, etc) or object to it for reasons of their own.

As another possible suggestion, what about mimic skins of some of the mimic familiars? Just to change things up a bit and try to keep the event fresh.
I don't think the contents of the chests were linked to what area you got them. Or at least I managed to get everything but a scroll from the lowest levels. The only benefit to grinding on the higher levels, as far as I know, is getting the food and trinket items needed for Swipp. And possibly the rate drop, although I did OK on that, too. Which seems fair, since newbies wouldn't have access to the highest levels.

As others have said, there's no way to make EVERYONE happy, but I do think the staff is trying hard to improve and at least they listen to feedback from us. I can kind of understand the questioning of why this event is annual when Nocs have already been introduced. I know it's meant to be a sort of bonus holiday for us all, but having a month to relax would be nice, too, especially given how busy the winter holiday season can be. Which, yes, was an observation that got made last year, too, so I guess there's enough interest to keep it going.

Maybe limit it to one week? I know it's meant to be a larger cushion for those dealing with full schedules, but I feel like two weeks makes for a higher rate of burnout. Maybe that's just me, though. Is the second week really beneficial to the majority of folks? Other than the whole issue of drop rates in Gathering seeming to be abysmal for a lot of people. It seems like that's something that could potentially be tweaked.

I still feel that having an alternative to the coli would also help alleviate some of the stress/complaints people are having- not just with NotN, but with elemental holidays in general. I know Adventure Mode is an idea that's been kicking around since before I joined. I don't know where that falls on the development list, but maybe it could be bumped up a bit to make it more of a priority. I'm coming up blank on other ideas, but maybe that's something that could be (or has been) discussed in the Suggestions area? Something to help make the site more inclusive to those who either can't handle the coli (headaches, anxiety, on mobile, etc) or object to it for reasons of their own.

As another possible suggestion, what about mimic skins of some of the mimic familiars? Just to change things up a bit and try to keep the event fresh.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
[quote name="@shivaesyke" date=2016-01-03 07:37:05] I read elsewhere, that I don't recall now, that they had levels. If not, then what's the point of grinding anywhere but the lowest level allowed? [/quote] This way you can fight in any venue you prefer! :-D I used venues from which I still need some regular familiars. Players without leveled dragons still have good chances in Woodland Path. And if you want to train fodder while looking for chests you could use Mire and Kelp Beds like regularly. It's like you got chests in every Gathering possibility and not depending on your Gathering level. So it's the same for everyone I guess. :-> [quote name="@shadowmaat" date=2016-01-03 09:38:11] I don't think the contents of the chests were linked to what area you got them. [/quote] I'm quite sure that's not even possible. :-D The chests are stacked as one item, have the same name and number, and the content is generated the second you [b]open[/b] it, not the moment it is dropped or brewed.
@shivaesyke wrote on 2016-01-03:
I read elsewhere, that I don't recall now, that they had levels. If not, then what's the point of grinding anywhere but the lowest level allowed?
This way you can fight in any venue you prefer! :-D I used venues from which I still need some regular familiars. Players without leveled dragons still have good chances in Woodland Path.
And if you want to train fodder while looking for chests you could use Mire and Kelp Beds like regularly.
It's like you got chests in every Gathering possibility and not depending on your Gathering level. So it's the same for everyone I guess. :->
@shadowmaat wrote on 2016-01-03:
I don't think the contents of the chests were linked to what area you got them.
I'm quite sure that's not even possible. :-D The chests are stacked as one item, have the same name and number, and the content is generated the second you open it, not the moment it is dropped or brewed.
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
I'm so sad, I forgot that the event ended today and I lost all my chests before I could open them. Gonna go beat my head into a wall now...
I'm so sad, I forgot that the event ended today and I lost all my chests before I could open them. Gonna go beat my head into a wall now...
1 2 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 189 190