Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 189 190
@kaijukitten
oh, sorry, I didn't know that chests turn into dust after midnight
thanks
@kaijukitten
oh, sorry, I didn't know that chests turn into dust after midnight
thanks
KVbkgOZ.png
[quote=@Carthasis]I also think that the rate of bear drops should have been lower[/quote] Regarding [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8JIiauhcoCZyhvx5eUVak213sWU0pZ-Jj_nBpdP0CM/edit#gid=2144366109]Lightning's science raffle[/url], the bears actually had a smaller drop rate. :-> Eggs were around 6%, scrolls around 0.7%, the new familiars around 3% each, the old bears something between 1.5% and 2%, the new fake bears aound 2.5% and the apparel between 3% and 3.5%. I guess because there are many bears it felt like getting many of them?
@Carthasis wrote:
I also think that the rate of bear drops should have been lower
Regarding Lightning's science raffle, the bears actually had a smaller drop rate. :->
Eggs were around 6%,
scrolls around 0.7%,
the new familiars around 3% each,
the old bears something between 1.5% and 2%,
the new fake bears aound 2.5%
and the apparel between 3% and 3.5%.

I guess because there are many bears it felt like getting many of them?
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
So, my thoughts for NotN 2016 (if it happens, anyway):

Have 24 hours to open chests after they stop being available.
In this year's terms, "Chests stop dropping at 23:59 on the 2nd; Chests disintegrate at 23:59 on the 3rd."
This means recipes disappear from Baldwin's, gathering will stop dropping chests, and the coliseum will have mimic enemies removed at 23:59 on the 2nd. No admin stresses over "We'll remove one recipe 4 hours before rollover and another 2 hours before rollover, and then remove everything else." No user stresses about "I have to open every chest as soon as I get it because what if I get one the second before rollover". "Everything's unavailable now. Everything disintegrates tomorrow."
In my mind this'll make 'extra' 24 hours a lot more relaxed: nobody's coli grinding for chests, they're opening what they got and trading with no distractions.

The currency idea for NotN.
Currency could be available from Baldwin, Gathering, and the Coli. (Possibly Swipp too, for the same swaps currently available.) It could involve trades for specific items (example, 35 Nocturne Tokens for a Lavaborne Hoax) or it could involve a variety of grab bags.
Grab bag possibilities: "Elemental Familiar", "Event Apparel", "Fake Elemental Familiars", "Mimic Enemy Familiars". "Strange Chest" could be an "anything" grab bag. Scrolls and eggs would likely be a tiny chance from any grab bag?
People would have the option to try their luck, or they have the option to play it safe and buy specific items.
I think we'd need an "I'd like to make this trade/swap 30 times" option if we go the grab bag route, since it'd involve converting currency to an openable item and then opening each one individually. It'd start to suck, fast.

Things need to be a little less reliant on the coli.
The mimic dust (Coli item) was necessary in the 1-chest brew at Baldwin's. It should be consistent with elemental festivals and only require Baldwin materials.
Swipp's swaps involved coli-specific drops. This might be eased if event food became a bonus drop in gathering (Bee Orchids and Living Stones available in Foraging, for example) and trinkets dropped in Scavenging and Digging as well. However, people generally Scavenge for the slim chance they get an egg from there. Would it be possible to spread the chance of a Nocturne egg to every gathering option just for this event, to encourage the use of other gathering options? (Or would that result in too many eggs? HMM...)
I'm thinking "A bonus drop alongside the usual drops", not "I'm taking the place of your skinks ;D".

A lot of this would need adjusting of course! But, while NotN 2015 was better than NotN 2014, there's still room for improvement.
-edited for clarity, oh god I rambled a lot-
So, my thoughts for NotN 2016 (if it happens, anyway):

Have 24 hours to open chests after they stop being available.
In this year's terms, "Chests stop dropping at 23:59 on the 2nd; Chests disintegrate at 23:59 on the 3rd."
This means recipes disappear from Baldwin's, gathering will stop dropping chests, and the coliseum will have mimic enemies removed at 23:59 on the 2nd. No admin stresses over "We'll remove one recipe 4 hours before rollover and another 2 hours before rollover, and then remove everything else." No user stresses about "I have to open every chest as soon as I get it because what if I get one the second before rollover". "Everything's unavailable now. Everything disintegrates tomorrow."
In my mind this'll make 'extra' 24 hours a lot more relaxed: nobody's coli grinding for chests, they're opening what they got and trading with no distractions.

The currency idea for NotN.
Currency could be available from Baldwin, Gathering, and the Coli. (Possibly Swipp too, for the same swaps currently available.) It could involve trades for specific items (example, 35 Nocturne Tokens for a Lavaborne Hoax) or it could involve a variety of grab bags.
Grab bag possibilities: "Elemental Familiar", "Event Apparel", "Fake Elemental Familiars", "Mimic Enemy Familiars". "Strange Chest" could be an "anything" grab bag. Scrolls and eggs would likely be a tiny chance from any grab bag?
People would have the option to try their luck, or they have the option to play it safe and buy specific items.
I think we'd need an "I'd like to make this trade/swap 30 times" option if we go the grab bag route, since it'd involve converting currency to an openable item and then opening each one individually. It'd start to suck, fast.

Things need to be a little less reliant on the coli.
The mimic dust (Coli item) was necessary in the 1-chest brew at Baldwin's. It should be consistent with elemental festivals and only require Baldwin materials.
Swipp's swaps involved coli-specific drops. This might be eased if event food became a bonus drop in gathering (Bee Orchids and Living Stones available in Foraging, for example) and trinkets dropped in Scavenging and Digging as well. However, people generally Scavenge for the slim chance they get an egg from there. Would it be possible to spread the chance of a Nocturne egg to every gathering option just for this event, to encourage the use of other gathering options? (Or would that result in too many eggs? HMM...)
I'm thinking "A bonus drop alongside the usual drops", not "I'm taking the place of your skinks ;D".

A lot of this would need adjusting of course! But, while NotN 2015 was better than NotN 2014, there's still room for improvement.
-edited for clarity, oh god I rambled a lot-
"That was a nice distraction."
"The time I was able to spend with you... It was like memories of pure light."
tumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jtp2T4U1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.png
"Sweet dreams. I'll be with you before long."
"That's how it's done."
Humans are the most irrational beings.

QBTY.pnggVbL.png
bH4wU.gif
Well, NotN was most certainly a fun event! I would love it to return next December :) I grabbed tons of familiars (both NotN ones and regular ones), some apparel (though I'd care less about apparel), several eggs and even one scroll. I've also raked in quite a bit of treasure and stuff like battle items, not to mention I also grabbed a Plague egg on the first day of NotN during gathering.
I've also decided to stash away one Strange Chest just for the Nocturnal dust. After all, I've gotten all I've wanted so far and I wanted one Nocturnal Dust item for the vault so there's no downsides for me :)
Well, NotN was most certainly a fun event! I would love it to return next December :) I grabbed tons of familiars (both NotN ones and regular ones), some apparel (though I'd care less about apparel), several eggs and even one scroll. I've also raked in quite a bit of treasure and stuff like battle items, not to mention I also grabbed a Plague egg on the first day of NotN during gathering.
I've also decided to stash away one Strange Chest just for the Nocturnal dust. After all, I've gotten all I've wanted so far and I wanted one Nocturnal Dust item for the vault so there's no downsides for me :)
@kalvin

I didn't know of this tracking, or I would have participated heh. Yeah, It's probable that the number of bears, including the imposter bears, made it feel like too much, Idk
@kalvin

I didn't know of this tracking, or I would have participated heh. Yeah, It's probable that the number of bears, including the imposter bears, made it feel like too much, Idk
FR time + 9 (ECT)
And regarding the idea of a NotN currency:
I'd prefer not having a currency (besinde the butt rocks and so on). It already exists for the flight festivals and getting everything in chests, always hoping for something great, suits that trickster feeling of NotN! :->
(And it's already possible to buy the NoN items and so on from other players in the AH for the currency treasure, haha.)

Maybe it would be an idea, to include the possibility to create the powder in Baldwin's Brew.

Or like @Sadistic said, let the butt rocks/mirrors/nocturne puppets drop in the different Gathering possibilities! :-D
And regarding the idea of a NotN currency:
I'd prefer not having a currency (besinde the butt rocks and so on). It already exists for the flight festivals and getting everything in chests, always hoping for something great, suits that trickster feeling of NotN! :->
(And it's already possible to buy the NoN items and so on from other players in the AH for the currency treasure, haha.)

Maybe it would be an idea, to include the possibility to create the powder in Baldwin's Brew.

Or like @Sadistic said, let the butt rocks/mirrors/nocturne puppets drop in the different Gathering possibilities! :-D
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
rip notn 2k15
rip notn 2k15
coatle_sleepy_adopt_alphasapphire_by_vampireselene13-d9ior7u.gif
@Eggy0

Now I want a pile of dust too. Anyone has some? can the dust be sent in a message? I'd trade any of the apparel drop for it.
@Eggy0

Now I want a pile of dust too. Anyone has some? can the dust be sent in a message? I'd trade any of the apparel drop for it.
OcyPyoj.png
You want a pile of [item=Nocturnal Dust] ? @Orangecat
You want a pile of
Nocturnal Dust ?
@Orangecat
HzGpUHb.png
@Haroyku

Yes! I have none of it, must have some!
@Haroyku

Yes! I have none of it, must have some!
OcyPyoj.png
1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 189 190