Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 61 62
Hmmm....I see potential...but at the same time, like a lot of others, it's so tiny and small and definitely not worth that much treasure imo...
Hmmm....I see potential...but at the same time, like a lot of others, it's so tiny and small and definitely not worth that much treasure imo...
Hi I'm Jaq, I like pretty first gen dragons and neato mirrors.
((I think the spines only look good on spirals, but that's just me))
((I think the spines only look good on spirals, but that's just me))
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
And you expect me to tell my dragons to eat that goat? D: *shoves them all into the vault*

I am very glad to see a subtle tert! I really prefer neat and clean patterns, but I'm not sure how I feel about the spines themselves as a design. I do like them on Pearlcatchers already and will have to see them with other colors on the other breeds. :)
And you expect me to tell my dragons to eat that goat? D: *shoves them all into the vault*

I am very glad to see a subtle tert! I really prefer neat and clean patterns, but I'm not sure how I feel about the spines themselves as a design. I do like them on Pearlcatchers already and will have to see them with other colors on the other breeds. :)
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
[quote name="nika" date="2014-11-10 16:10:15"]Ngh, when I first saw the gene preview/name I really REALLY hoped it would just color the dragons' existing spikes/horns/fins/whatever. That would have made me so happy. /cry[/quote] [quote name="sawataris" date="2014-11-10 15:54:13"]If it colored the spines that were actually there (and either added them or colored something else on dragons without them) I'd be very interested.[/quote] This was my thought as well. I was very excited for breeds that already had existing spines, and now there would be a gene that colored those parts of the dragon, for example the first thing that popped into my head was the spines on a guardian and maybe the horns would become the tert color, and the fingernails on their wings. For breeds that didn't have spines already, the addition of spines would the occur. To discover that it adds [i]more[/i] spines to breeds that already had spines is . . . puzzling to me. As for what it does on faes? [quote name="SystemError" date="2014-11-10 15:59:13"]Spines = practically not even noticeable. :/ Bigger/thicker/longer spines, please?[/quote] [quote name="kanamine" date="2014-11-10 16:00:40"]I'm excited about new terts! It seems a little pricey for how quiet it is overall, however. It adds a nice subtle look, though I do wish it also included coloring on a dragon's actual horns and ridges. Imagine Ridgebacks with the tert color applied to that, or the horns on a snapper! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/axPdBRV.png[/IMG] As is, I don't know if I'd drop 190k on it.[/quote] I am also in the boat with people who like it because it's not totally plastered over the top of everything and works with the overall design of the dragon. It's like underbelly in that respect. Tert colors that can't do the larger marks now have this more subtle way of expressing that third gene coloration. [quote name="Venezia" date="2014-11-10 16:14:26"]I like this gene. It allows a lot more cool combinations with colors that might not look good otherwise. I went through my whole lair to see what it would look good on and it look good on everyone! (with some exceptions like bright spines on dark dragons those probably won't get the gene).[/quote] [quote name="Papermonkey" date="2014-11-10 15:54:25"]Oh my Glittermom! A small and subtle tert gene that actually works even on dragons who otherwise look horrible with their terts! Aw yisssssssss![/quote] Still, I don't know if it makes enough of an impression in the work-well-with-most-designs department to outweigh the fact it completely ignored existing body features, and may very well become an issue in skins and accents. A golden opportunity was missed on that snapper quoted above.
nika wrote on 2014-11-10 16:10:15:
Ngh, when I first saw the gene preview/name I really REALLY hoped it would just color the dragons' existing spikes/horns/fins/whatever. That would have made me so happy. /cry
sawataris wrote on 2014-11-10 15:54:13:
If it colored the spines that were actually there (and either added them or colored something else on dragons without them) I'd be very interested.
This was my thought as well. I was very excited for breeds that already had existing spines, and now there would be a gene that colored those parts of the dragon, for example the first thing that popped into my head was the spines on a guardian and maybe the horns would become the tert color, and the fingernails on their wings. For breeds that didn't have spines already, the addition of spines would the occur. To discover that it adds more spines to breeds that already had spines is . . . puzzling to me.

As for what it does on faes?
SystemError wrote on 2014-11-10 15:59:13:
Spines = practically not even noticeable. :/ Bigger/thicker/longer spines, please?
kanamine wrote on 2014-11-10 16:00:40:
I'm excited about new terts! It seems a little pricey for how quiet it is overall, however.

It adds a nice subtle look, though I do wish it also included coloring on a dragon's actual horns and ridges. Imagine Ridgebacks with the tert color applied to that, or the horns on a snapper!

axPdBRV.png

As is, I don't know if I'd drop 190k on it.

I am also in the boat with people who like it because it's not totally plastered over the top of everything and works with the overall design of the dragon. It's like underbelly in that respect. Tert colors that can't do the larger marks now have this more subtle way of expressing that third gene coloration.
Venezia wrote on 2014-11-10 16:14:26:
I like this gene. It allows a lot more cool combinations with colors that might not look good otherwise. I went through my whole lair to see what it would look good on and it look good on everyone! (with some exceptions like bright spines on dark dragons those probably won't get the gene).
Papermonkey wrote on 2014-11-10 15:54:25:
Oh my Glittermom! A small and subtle tert gene that actually works even on dragons who otherwise look horrible with their terts! Aw yisssssssss!

Still, I don't know if it makes enough of an impression in the work-well-with-most-designs department to outweigh the fact it completely ignored existing body features, and may very well become an issue in skins and accents. A golden opportunity was missed on that snapper quoted above.
DRAGONS WANTED Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's little nut that held its ground.

Dragons For Adoption
SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES. I NEED 50 STAT.

EDIT: Now that I actually look at some of the dragons I'd want to make solely because it exists, it's far too subtle to work... but still quite lovely on some of the Breeds. Seems to be another hit and miss gene to me...
SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES. I NEED 50 STAT.

EDIT: Now that I actually look at some of the dragons I'd want to make solely because it exists, it's far too subtle to work... but still quite lovely on some of the Breeds. Seems to be another hit and miss gene to me...
kbqBOtG.png
I've tried clicking on it on the AH and in the announcement, but... I can't preview it? Where can I see how it would look on the various breeds?

Edit: talking about the new spine gene, btw.
I've tried clicking on it on the AH and in the announcement, but... I can't preview it? Where can I see how it would look on the various breeds?

Edit: talking about the new spine gene, btw.
CVYnSFU.png
Hmm, the new gene looks alright. Wasn't expecting it to pop up so fast after crystal. I like it, but really only with specific colours.
It still looks great though!!!!!
Hmm, the new gene looks alright. Wasn't expecting it to pop up so fast after crystal. I like it, but really only with specific colours.
It still looks great though!!!!!
@EmpressZ
You'll have to use the Scrying Workshop :)
@EmpressZ
You'll have to use the Scrying Workshop :)
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
ridgebacks get MORE SPINE SPIKES!

MORE SPIKES!
ridgebacks get MORE SPINE SPIKES!

MORE SPIKES!
CrystalBlackpaws_ananas_Ananas.png~~Ananas hatchery~~ CrystalBlackpaws_ananas_Ani_horn.png 9.png
Anybody else want a goat familiar?

*goes scrying* And spines look so good on the breeds with furry ruffs, like the tundras, pearlcatchers, and skydancers. :) Need to raise treasure and get it for my male progen...
Anybody else want a goat familiar?

*goes scrying* And spines look so good on the breeds with furry ruffs, like the tundras, pearlcatchers, and skydancers. :) Need to raise treasure and get it for my male progen...
lSyxazy.png
5vnsOgE.png
Bv4nfib.png
fdUVIfW.pngoptH9Kd.png gg8Ii1Q.png
zl1ZGZ2.png 2VtxnMX.png 3Atxu83.png xXVzXvp.png RI1dQsH.png Pgv53XB.png hT8tqqJ.png NlmYDAS.png ANZRVK7.png jxjhtnM.png J8QoPxT.png F10c885.png kHBaXec.png
mYEe9VI.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 61 62