Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 61 62
The goat is pretty cute, the tertiary gene is kinda... well, not bad.
The goat is pretty cute, the tertiary gene is kinda... well, not bad.
plaguebringer_by_spacecoboye-d8q4mmy.png
[quote name="Lightscales" date="2014-11-10 16:34:33"][quote name="Undel" date="2014-11-10 16:26:31"][quote name="Lightscales" date="2014-11-10 16:16:20"]@Xhaztol When making a skin, will filling in and using the areas that spines take up, would a skin be accepted? Even if when equipped on a dragon without the spines gene it goes past the lineart?[/quote] @Lightscales No, skins must remain in the bounds of the skin template.[/quote] @Undel So even though spines alter the basic silhouette of the dragon, its not allowed to be included in skins?[/quote] Just to note, we have the same thing with gembond on a few dragons (female imps for example), so the situation with skins not lining up with silhouettes is not new. Also, think of all the accents out there that don't always work with most terts anyway.
Lightscales wrote on 2014-11-10 16:34:33:
Undel wrote on 2014-11-10 16:26:31:
Lightscales wrote on 2014-11-10 16:16:20:
@Xhaztol

When making a skin, will filling in and using the areas that spines take up, would a skin be accepted? Even if when equipped on a dragon without the spines gene it goes past the lineart?

@Lightscales No, skins must remain in the bounds of the skin template.

@Undel

So even though spines alter the basic silhouette of the dragon, its not allowed to be included in skins?

Just to note, we have the same thing with gembond on a few dragons (female imps for example), so the situation with skins not lining up with silhouettes is not new. Also, think of all the accents out there that don't always work with most terts anyway.
NO NOM THE GOAT!!!!!!!! Make familiars of them, lots and lots of them...... lots

Edit: Meh, the new Tert isn't what I was thinking. The spines on guardians/tundra/Coatl/skydancer/fae/ridgbacks are almost unnoticeable, the size on ridgies are almost silly, yet they are gargantuan on Imperials

they are sort of interesting on spirals/wildclaws/mirror

I was really hoping for a gene that let you color the existing spines/mane's much like underbelly but for the spines/manes/fins of the dragons. (meh, maybe I just want another gene spot arg) lol.

Anyway, good job none the less, the art, and placements are awesome. Just not as Oh My Gosh as the other genes we have. Ill be ignoring spines and still working on my crystals. Yay flight rising!! Keep up the works
NO NOM THE GOAT!!!!!!!! Make familiars of them, lots and lots of them...... lots

Edit: Meh, the new Tert isn't what I was thinking. The spines on guardians/tundra/Coatl/skydancer/fae/ridgbacks are almost unnoticeable, the size on ridgies are almost silly, yet they are gargantuan on Imperials

they are sort of interesting on spirals/wildclaws/mirror

I was really hoping for a gene that let you color the existing spines/mane's much like underbelly but for the spines/manes/fins of the dragons. (meh, maybe I just want another gene spot arg) lol.

Anyway, good job none the less, the art, and placements are awesome. Just not as Oh My Gosh as the other genes we have. Ill be ignoring spines and still working on my crystals. Yay flight rising!! Keep up the works
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
@dancingcorgi

Oh D'OH! I completely forgot about that! XD Thanks!

Edit: Also, your username is too adorable.
@dancingcorgi

Oh D'OH! I completely forgot about that! XD Thanks!

Edit: Also, your username is too adorable.
CVYnSFU.png
Eh, this gene is okay. It's not something I'm in dire need of getting. Yes, it's subtle, but it's not... it's just okay. I don't like it on the SDs or the Tundras. It seems redundant on the ridgies. It looks pretty neat on the female imps but other than that --- I just want the crystal secondary. Right now, Crystal primary with anything just looks kind of out of place, so I need to gene the crystal ones I have now.
Eh, this gene is okay. It's not something I'm in dire need of getting. Yes, it's subtle, but it's not... it's just okay. I don't like it on the SDs or the Tundras. It seems redundant on the ridgies. It looks pretty neat on the female imps but other than that --- I just want the crystal secondary. Right now, Crystal primary with anything just looks kind of out of place, so I need to gene the crystal ones I have now.
ew9u8Xp.png
Thank you for releasing so many new genes. :)

Honestly, I'm more waiting for the follow up on the Crystal Gene. This new gene doesn't do it for me. I like it, but I do not like the spines on the sides of the neck. It just bothers me for some reason. But I hope that many others will enjoy and use the gene. :) I'm sure someone will find a way to breed it in that I will find enjoyable to look at, one day.
Thank you for releasing so many new genes. :)

Honestly, I'm more waiting for the follow up on the Crystal Gene. This new gene doesn't do it for me. I like it, but I do not like the spines on the sides of the neck. It just bothers me for some reason. But I hope that many others will enjoy and use the gene. :) I'm sure someone will find a way to breed it in that I will find enjoyable to look at, one day.
forsale_m.png17013251.png16920859.png17359916.png024_zps1luktqhs.png
dramatic gasp
dramatic gasp
HjZUn7k.gif
@LanternFire

completely forgot! thanks!
@LanternFire

completely forgot! thanks!
CVYnSFU.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-11-10 16:43:40"]@stigma Skins and accents will lay on top of a dragon. In the case of spines that exceed outer borders, [b]they may poke out a little.[/b] @Lightscales The rules are the same as they have been: Skins must use the provided skin templates and stay within the bounds of them. Skins and accents can be used on any dragon, regardless of the genes they possess.[/quote] oh. :I that's gonna look strange. Especially on like... female Snappers. You win some, you lose some, I guess.
Undel wrote on 2014-11-10 16:43:40:
@stigma Skins and accents will lay on top of a dragon. In the case of spines that exceed outer borders, they may poke out a little.

@Lightscales The rules are the same as they have been: Skins must use the provided skin templates and stay within the bounds of them. Skins and accents can be used on any dragon, regardless of the genes they possess.

oh.

:I
that's gonna look strange. Especially on like... female Snappers. You win some, you lose some, I guess.
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
This is the answer to babies with ugly terts... just slap it on - subtle color. Win.
This is the answer to babies with ugly terts... just slap it on - subtle color. Win.
56335627_R83hWmSurUvNZdb.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 61 62