Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Account locking
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
Support!
Maybe you'd need to buy an item to kick off the mode or something (or just have it cost gold like the lair expansions) to help prevent abuse. Nothing crazy - under 10000T, probably - but enough that doing it all the time would be a waste.
I've going on vacation in two weeks to a place without any internet. Period. My dragons are going to starve...
Support!
Maybe you'd need to buy an item to kick off the mode or something (or just have it cost gold like the lair expansions) to help prevent abuse. Nothing crazy - under 10000T, probably - but enough that doing it all the time would be a waste.
I've going on vacation in two weeks to a place without any internet. Period. My dragons are going to starve...
tumblr_inline_o7nbjtedUu1r0eb29_540.png FR tumblr
Luckily the hotel I was staying out while on vacation this past week had wi-fi. (VERY IFFY wi-fi, but wi-fi.) I was able to feed my dragons and incubate my nests, bu that's ALL I could do. I managed to answer a couple messages, but when I got back my inbox was fair flooded.

I suppose the locking thing wouldn't affect messages at all, but I whole-heartedly support this. Also: maybe have an automatic message sent out to anyone who messages you? *Akky3210 is on hibernation and will return XX/XX/XXXX." Or something? Just an idea?

But my rambling aside: I definitely agree with this.
Luckily the hotel I was staying out while on vacation this past week had wi-fi. (VERY IFFY wi-fi, but wi-fi.) I was able to feed my dragons and incubate my nests, bu that's ALL I could do. I managed to answer a couple messages, but when I got back my inbox was fair flooded.

I suppose the locking thing wouldn't affect messages at all, but I whole-heartedly support this. Also: maybe have an automatic message sent out to anyone who messages you? *Akky3210 is on hibernation and will return XX/XX/XXXX." Or something? Just an idea?

But my rambling aside: I definitely agree with this.
E6nL5Eq.png Asexual Lesbian Christian Genderqueer
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
Proud Lightning Flight Member
Off hiatus as off June 2019. PM me directly if you want to talk!
[quote name="RiverEcho" date="2013-07-14 09:32:00" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=2&id=390836#515048"]@Dreadnought I mean a year plus. I understand a couple weeks, I travel all the time! In fact, I just got back from a very long trip. I was able to steal some wifi but this idea would help with that. But some people do get bored of games and if they had the option to lock their game and disappear for a year or so. That's leaving your dragons.[/quote] @RiverEcho I don't mean a couple of weeks. I'm thinking months at a time (I'm going to be doing a bicycle tour, don't know for how long and don't know how often I'll be able to get wifi). As for getting bored, yes that does happen. I got bored of Wow, vanished for two years, and then went back and started to play again. I don't see why that would be an issue here. If I'm gone for a year, regardless of the reason, I'd like to be able to come back to my dragons and pick off where I left off. I'd rather they not starve though.
@Dreadnought

I mean a year plus. I understand a couple weeks, I travel all the time! In fact, I just got back from a very long trip. I was able to steal some wifi but this idea would help with that. But some people do get bored of games and if they had the option to lock their game and disappear for a year or so. That's leaving your dragons.

@RiverEcho I don't mean a couple of weeks. I'm thinking months at a time (I'm going to be doing a bicycle tour, don't know for how long and don't know how often I'll be able to get wifi).

As for getting bored, yes that does happen. I got bored of Wow, vanished for two years, and then went back and started to play again.

I don't see why that would be an issue here. If I'm gone for a year, regardless of the reason, I'd like to be able to come back to my dragons and pick off where I left off. I'd rather they not starve though.
NHzYzMb.png
@Dreadnought

Oooo a bicycle tour? Where? :D Those are fun.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I don't want people to be encouraged to leave for long periods of time. I think it should be used when you really can't reach the site vs. getting bored and leaving. Leaving isn't a horrible thing, just shouldn't be encouraged.
@Dreadnought

Oooo a bicycle tour? Where? :D Those are fun.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I don't want people to be encouraged to leave for long periods of time. I think it should be used when you really can't reach the site vs. getting bored and leaving. Leaving isn't a horrible thing, just shouldn't be encouraged.
466w8yC.png
support support support!
support support support!
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
I second this notion.

Either having a way to freeze your account or at the very least input an option for other people to feed/baby sit your dragons would be very important.

Not just for people wanting vacation, but for those who have emergency situations where their internet access is limited, cut off, or they are simply too busy to worry about pixelated dragons.

I'm going to start another topic to suggest babysit/feeding dragons, since that is a bit different than an entire account freeze.
I second this notion.

Either having a way to freeze your account or at the very least input an option for other people to feed/baby sit your dragons would be very important.

Not just for people wanting vacation, but for those who have emergency situations where their internet access is limited, cut off, or they are simply too busy to worry about pixelated dragons.

I'm going to start another topic to suggest babysit/feeding dragons, since that is a bit different than an entire account freeze.
Roughage%20Owl_zps7zh5nm9j.png Miirshroom%20Bonsai%202_zpsz3oma9z8.png Miirshroom%20Bonsai%203_zpseuzux7lk.png
[quote name="LadyKianna" date="2013-07-15 18:19:53" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=2&id=390836#544649"] Either having a way to freeze your account or at the very least input an option for other people to feed/baby sit your dragons would be very important. Not just for people wanting vacation, but for those who have emergency situations where their internet access is limited, cut off, or they are simply too busy to worry about pixelated dragons.[/quote] [size=2]Definitely, just a matter of being able to put a temporary stopper on the needs of your dragons until your own needs/real life have been dealt with.[/size]

Definitely, just a matter of being able to put a temporary stopper on the needs of your dragons until your own needs/real life have been dealt with.
Bumping again.
Bumping again.
On the topic of getting bored and leaving dragons... I'd rather not see a lair hibernation feature restricted to emergency or vacation use, as a deterrent to leaving the site.

If I get bored of the site, or if other forms of entertainment appear to occupy all my non-working, non-sleeping attention, my absence is going to happen whether it's discouraged or not. XD I've always thought that if something I do in my spare time for fun starts feeling like an obligation or an extra source of stress, of course I'll put it down for a bit. And while that's not exactly the same as being unable to get online, I still feel it's a legitimate reason to take a step back.

Instead of looking at the hibernation as a way to enable boredom-leaving, I see it more as a way to make it possible for people to return to the site after they've taken a break. I imagine it would really be sad to have the desire to return to my lovely dragons in the far future, only to realize it's too much of a monumental task to get back on track. If that sort of thing happened, my dragons might lose me for good!

Anyway, I like the idea of a minimum away time, and everything more or less going into stasis. If there was a 24 hour minimum freeze, and breeding cooldowns and other timed events are halted while you are gone, it would make it rather counterproductive to use the feature simply to get out of feeding your dragons every night, while still being beneficial for vacations and whatnot. =3
On the topic of getting bored and leaving dragons... I'd rather not see a lair hibernation feature restricted to emergency or vacation use, as a deterrent to leaving the site.

If I get bored of the site, or if other forms of entertainment appear to occupy all my non-working, non-sleeping attention, my absence is going to happen whether it's discouraged or not. XD I've always thought that if something I do in my spare time for fun starts feeling like an obligation or an extra source of stress, of course I'll put it down for a bit. And while that's not exactly the same as being unable to get online, I still feel it's a legitimate reason to take a step back.

Instead of looking at the hibernation as a way to enable boredom-leaving, I see it more as a way to make it possible for people to return to the site after they've taken a break. I imagine it would really be sad to have the desire to return to my lovely dragons in the far future, only to realize it's too much of a monumental task to get back on track. If that sort of thing happened, my dragons might lose me for good!

Anyway, I like the idea of a minimum away time, and everything more or less going into stasis. If there was a 24 hour minimum freeze, and breeding cooldowns and other timed events are halted while you are gone, it would make it rather counterproductive to use the feature simply to get out of feeding your dragons every night, while still being beneficial for vacations and whatnot. =3
I really really support this since I'll be on vacation with only smartphone internet access and dragon feeding doesn't work on it!
I really really support this since I'll be on vacation with only smartphone internet access and dragon feeding doesn't work on it!
a19GnnT.png .................. they/them 3IxnR89.png hopeless nerd 3IxnR89.png FR+9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31