Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Account locking
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
Yes, there'd have to be a regulation on how it could be used, for sure.
Yes, there'd have to be a regulation on how it could be used, for sure.
I actually -just- had this idea as well; imagine my surprise when I find it on page 1 of the forums :)

I would call it Hibernation.

During hibernation, your flight will:
  • Have their hunger and energy frozen
  • Have their egg progress frozen
  • Still be able to use the forums

Your flight will NOT:
  • Accumulate treasure or gems
  • Be able to access the trading post or marketplace, or crossroads.
  • Be able to gather items.
  • Be able to send items/treasure/gems through the mail

To further prevent abuse, when hibernation ends, restrict trading for 24 hours before returning to normal functionality OR enact a 1-month cooldown between hibernations (You really don't need to be locking your account that often - Anyone going on that many vacations or extended leaves should leave it in park.)

Add or modify that list as you see fit, but there's my idea :)
I actually -just- had this idea as well; imagine my surprise when I find it on page 1 of the forums :)

Your flight will NOT:

To further prevent abuse, when hibernation ends, restrict trading for 24 hours before returning to normal functionality OR enact a 1-month cooldown between hibernations (You really don't need to be locking your account that often - Anyone going on that many vacations or extended leaves should leave it in park.)

3K4oOPG.png
[quote name="Cepheus" date="2013-07-13 18:26:44" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=390836#501429"]I actually -just- had this idea as well; imagine my surprise when I find it on page 1 of the forums :) I would call it [b]Hibernation[/b]. During hibernation, your flight will: [LIST] [*]Have their hunger and energy frozen [*]Have their egg progress frozen [*]Still be able to use the forums [/LIST] Your flight [b]will NOT:[/b] [LIST] [*]Accumulate treasure or gems [*]Be able to access the trading post or marketplace, or crossroads. [*]Be able to gather items. [*]Be able to send items/treasure/gems through the mail [/LIST] To further prevent abuse, when hibernation ends, restrict trading for 24 hours before returning to normal functionality [b]OR[/b] enact a 1-month cooldown between hibernations (You really don't need to be locking your account that often - Anyone going on that many vacations or extended leaves should leave it in park.) Add or modify that list as you see fit, but there's my idea :)[/quote] I'm all for this idea.

Your flight will NOT:

I'm all for this idea.
Support. I'd hate to think of someone having to leave the site temporarily for health, travel, family or other reasons, and come back to a lair full of dragons at zero energy. If you don't have a LOT of food points saved up (and after all, this hypothetical person has been gone a while and not gathering), recovering from that might be so much trouble that they wouldn't bother.
Support. I'd hate to think of someone having to leave the site temporarily for health, travel, family or other reasons, and come back to a lair full of dragons at zero energy. If you don't have a LOT of food points saved up (and after all, this hypothetical person has been gone a while and not gathering), recovering from that might be so much trouble that they wouldn't bother.
My avatar may be male, but I am not; female pronouns please. tumblr_inline_nhxskl09Q41qcphlu.png
@Cepheus

Love this idea!

Maybe add like a week minimum you can hibernate?
Up to a 4-6 month max?
@Cepheus

Love this idea!

Maybe add like a week minimum you can hibernate?
Up to a 4-6 month max?
@Thyn

A minimum duration isn't a bad idea; a week minimum would work to prevent on-off flips for freebie nights. Maybe 3-5 days.

A maximum? 4-6 months, maybe 5, would also work well. Most cases won't have you gone for that long :)
@Thyn

A minimum duration isn't a bad idea; a week minimum would work to prevent on-off flips for freebie nights. Maybe 3-5 days.

A maximum? 4-6 months, maybe 5, would also work well. Most cases won't have you gone for that long :)
3K4oOPG.png
@Cepheus -- Really well thought out, I like it. Prevents the abuse of a well-meaning system, too.
Liking all the additional thoughts.
@Cepheus -- Really well thought out, I like it. Prevents the abuse of a well-meaning system, too.
Liking all the additional thoughts.
Support.

I especially like the minimum time limit.
Support.

I especially like the minimum time limit.
I'd take off using of forums. Other than that I like that idea!
I'd take off using of forums. Other than that I like that idea!
466w8yC.png
Support! However, I don't think you should be able to access the forums. If you be online enough to check the forums, you can log in for three minutes to gather food and feed your dragons!

Definitely think there should be a minimum of at least a week, perhaps two? Or 10 days to split the difference... And if you don't come back within a certain time frame (I like the 6 months here) your acct automatically unfreezes and stats drop accordingly.

If its a real hibernation I see no problem letting people keep the bonuses for gathering/gems. After all, this is a game, and sometimes real life has to come first...which doesn't mean that a legitimate absence should be punished with a loss of benefits.
Support! However, I don't think you should be able to access the forums. If you be online enough to check the forums, you can log in for three minutes to gather food and feed your dragons!

Definitely think there should be a minimum of at least a week, perhaps two? Or 10 days to split the difference... And if you don't come back within a certain time frame (I like the 6 months here) your acct automatically unfreezes and stats drop accordingly.

If its a real hibernation I see no problem letting people keep the bonuses for gathering/gems. After all, this is a game, and sometimes real life has to come first...which doesn't mean that a legitimate absence should be punished with a loss of benefits.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31