Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Put the stack setting back PLEASE
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
Support for changing it back. Increased convenience for a few shouldn't outweigh the terrible consequences this opened up, especially since this only shifted the burden of changing the number of items sent to the other side of the equation (to those who aren't sending stacks instead of those who do) but in doing so pretty much guaranteed that devastating mistakes will be made. That is in no way an improvement.

Support for changing it back. Increased convenience for a few shouldn't outweigh the terrible consequences this opened up, especially since this only shifted the burden of changing the number of items sent to the other side of the equation (to those who aren't sending stacks instead of those who do) but in doing so pretty much guaranteed that devastating mistakes will be made. That is in no way an improvement.

I've made two Brightshine chest swaps this year. Both times, the other person had to cancel their first CR because they accidentally attached their entire stack of chests, and I might well have made the same mistake if they hadn't done it first and reminded me. I doubt we're the only ones this happened to.
I've made two Brightshine chest swaps this year. Both times, the other person had to cancel their first CR because they accidentally attached their entire stack of chests, and I might well have made the same mistake if they hadn't done it first and reminded me. I doubt we're the only ones this happened to.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
This surprised me as well! I think a fix could be rather than a drop down menu (or in addition to) we could just...write the number we'd like to attach? then no-one HAS to scroll.
This surprised me as well! I think a fix could be rather than a drop down menu (or in addition to) we could just...write the number we'd like to attach? then no-one HAS to scroll.
FROGSNEAKS! Breeding and Info!

Please ping me! I'd rather more notifications than missing your post.
Support, especially since it's now inconsistent with the AH.

A toggle would work as well, though ideally it defaults to 1.
Quote:
It isn't even not checking. I have used dropdown menus before that if you didn't click in a certain place, it would go back to the default setting. IE, I would set it to full stack and click in the 'wrong' spot and it would go back to 1.

I have also had this happen. Sending one of an item is mildly annoying but easy to fix with another PM, as opposed to hoping a player sends your items back.
Support, especially since it's now inconsistent with the AH.

A toggle would work as well, though ideally it defaults to 1.
Quote:
It isn't even not checking. I have used dropdown menus before that if you didn't click in a certain place, it would go back to the default setting. IE, I would set it to full stack and click in the 'wrong' spot and it would go back to 1.

I have also had this happen. Sending one of an item is mildly annoying but easy to fix with another PM, as opposed to hoping a player sends your items back.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
support bc ive had to send stacks b4 the change and it wasnt so bad (i participated in the food bank food trades frequently when i was in water flight)

also maybe a toggle option too
but to make it less complicated only two options for toggle:
default to either 1 or a stack
support bc ive had to send stacks b4 the change and it wasnt so bad (i participated in the food bank food trades frequently when i was in water flight)

also maybe a toggle option too
but to make it less complicated only two options for toggle:
default to either 1 or a stack
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I'm pretty much in the camp that I'd rather the annoyance of sending more than one PM than sending a whole stack of things on accident. I've never made this mistake, but it's kind of annoying now the AH works one way and PMs and CRs work another. Under inconsistent conditions like these, I don't blame people for making mistakes.
I'm pretty much in the camp that I'd rather the annoyance of sending more than one PM than sending a whole stack of things on accident. I've never made this mistake, but it's kind of annoying now the AH works one way and PMs and CRs work another. Under inconsistent conditions like these, I don't blame people for making mistakes.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support! accidents can happen, sure, but they SHOULDN'T. Adding this feature back would prevent things like that from happening again.
Support! accidents can happen, sure, but they SHOULDN'T. Adding this feature back would prevent things like that from happening again.
a derpy icicle :3
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2019-04-30 21:32:18" ] Support. I really don’t see why it was changed in the first place. At least if you accidentally only sent one, you could just send another with the rest. [/quote] ^^ THIS. i have no idea why it was even implemented in the first place. it was fine at setting the default amount to 1, not 99/the max amount you have.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2019-04-30 21:32:18:
Support. I really don’t see why it was changed in the first place. At least if you accidentally only sent one, you could just send another with the rest.
^^ THIS. i have no idea why it was even implemented in the first place. it was fine at setting the default amount to 1, not 99/the max amount you have.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
Support. I accidentally added all my beakers to a CR when I was renting someones cauldron. Fortunately, I figured it out and was able to correct it. The possibility of making an expensive error has jumped way up with this change. I was so happy when they had switched everything to start at 1 way back and really hope they reconsider this change back to 99.

I really like the idea already mentioned of adding a full stack or max box to make it convenient for those that send stacks, while keeping things safe for those that send smaller amounts.
Support. I accidentally added all my beakers to a CR when I was renting someones cauldron. Fortunately, I figured it out and was able to correct it. The possibility of making an expensive error has jumped way up with this change. I was so happy when they had switched everything to start at 1 way back and really hope they reconsider this change back to 99.

I really like the idea already mentioned of adding a full stack or max box to make it convenient for those that send stacks, while keeping things safe for those that send smaller amounts.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
I'm seeing a lot of "Support because this makes it easy to make mistakes!" and "No support because I like the convenience!"

You know what I'm not seeing much of on this thread?
"Add a freaking toggle to user preferences so we can choose what it defaults to."
I'm seeing a lot of "Support because this makes it easy to make mistakes!" and "No support because I like the convenience!"

You know what I'm not seeing much of on this thread?
"Add a freaking toggle to user preferences so we can choose what it defaults to."
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15