Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | AH: "not" selection + gene types
1 2 3 4
give me a way to say i don't want things. pls. it's easier to say "not basic" than "everything other than basic" in the AH

also if this is already a functionality I missed someone please point it out to me.

additionally: let us pick out gem genes / treasure genes / baldwin's / coli / etc genes. Maybe I'm looking for a certain color range but i don't care the genes as long as they're gem.

thanks for coming to my ted talk
give me a way to say i don't want things. pls. it's easier to say "not basic" than "everything other than basic" in the AH

also if this is already a functionality I missed someone please point it out to me.

additionally: let us pick out gem genes / treasure genes / baldwin's / coli / etc genes. Maybe I'm looking for a certain color range but i don't care the genes as long as they're gem.

thanks for coming to my ted talk
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
your ted talk was great
your ted talk was great
qOJ2mYos.png
@VolatileMatter

I'd like to be able to exclude words as well; 'armband NOT birdskull', for example.

And support for gene tiers. Even when I'm doing a project where I want treasure genes, I'll happily buy gem-gene breeding stock because they're recessive to the genes I actually want, so being able to add them to my saved search all at once (instead of going through them all manually and having to add new ones and re-save the search as they're added to the site) would be so much easier.
@VolatileMatter

I'd like to be able to exclude words as well; 'armband NOT birdskull', for example.

And support for gene tiers. Even when I'm doing a project where I want treasure genes, I'll happily buy gem-gene breeding stock because they're recessive to the genes I actually want, so being able to add them to my saved search all at once (instead of going through them all manually and having to add new ones and re-save the search as they're added to the site) would be so much easier.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support for both, a "not" search option in particular would be very helpful, especially for the text search, there are too many things with the same/similar names that junk up the search results.

And I really really want the second. Pretty much any time I'm in the AH looking for a breeding partner for a dragon I find myself wishing we could choose the rarity tier rather than one by one adding individual genes/breed. It would be so much easier when you're not looking for something specific, aside from saving a lot of clicking it's a pain to have to remember (or look up) which are genes or breeds are recessive to what others. Bonus if it works so if you clicked "Rare" for example, it adds all the rare tier choices for that selection. So for primary "Rare" it auto-adds Crystal, Iridescent, Metallic, Petals, Starmap, and Wasp. And then if you don't want say Crystal you can click that selection off. Which would make adding multiple selections of the same rarity a lot easier.
Support for both, a "not" search option in particular would be very helpful, especially for the text search, there are too many things with the same/similar names that junk up the search results.

And I really really want the second. Pretty much any time I'm in the AH looking for a breeding partner for a dragon I find myself wishing we could choose the rarity tier rather than one by one adding individual genes/breed. It would be so much easier when you're not looking for something specific, aside from saving a lot of clicking it's a pain to have to remember (or look up) which are genes or breeds are recessive to what others. Bonus if it works so if you clicked "Rare" for example, it adds all the rare tier choices for that selection. So for primary "Rare" it auto-adds Crystal, Iridescent, Metallic, Petals, Starmap, and Wasp. And then if you don't want say Crystal you can click that selection off. Which would make adding multiple selections of the same rarity a lot easier.
Absolute support. Excluding items from the AH search would make it so much easier.
Absolute support. Excluding items from the AH search would make it so much easier.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
I hadn't even thought of using the not in the textbox, that would also be great. It could be like google, where you add the dash before:

armband -birdskull would find all armbands that don't have birdskull in the name, as you said.

And yeah, rarity tiers is a good name for it, and I'd also like to have it for breeds too. Cause I also mainly use the AH to find breeding stock
I hadn't even thought of using the not in the textbox, that would also be great. It could be like google, where you add the dash before:

armband -birdskull would find all armbands that don't have birdskull in the name, as you said.

And yeah, rarity tiers is a good name for it, and I'd also like to have it for breeds too. Cause I also mainly use the AH to find breeding stock
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
Heyyy I was gonna make this same thread <: I'd love a "not basic" option at the very least
Heyyy I was gonna make this same thread <: I'd love a "not basic" option at the very least
Support for all of this. This would be amazing, and make searching things much easier.
Support for all of this. This would be amazing, and make searching things much easier.
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
Support! This would be super useful, especially the ability to search dragons without one specific gene without having to select everything else.
Support! This would be super useful, especially the ability to search dragons without one specific gene without having to select everything else.
66MHIIb.png
Support!
There's been so many times I almost love a dragon until I notice certain genes that I really don't want.
Support!
There's been so many times I almost love a dragon until I notice certain genes that I really don't want.
pm6sAxv.png
1 2 3 4