Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73
Chiming in here too..

I'm visually impaired too and certain hues of colors are just impossible for me too see, the captcha is just not doable for me half of the time.

The images are way too small even in massive 50' TV I tested the coli with, and having the images sometimes all be overlaid with 1 of these colors: Blue, Light/Lime Green, Purple or Red/Orange causes me to not see much and I'll have to do the "click of faith".

When using my out of home laptop, I can zoom in a little bit and sometimes be able to go "OH that's a dragon!" but if they are again overlaid with color the possibility of passing the test starts to fall under 50%.

On phone I just can't use the coli at all because zooming in is not an option. The image quality is so low all I see is a weird blotch of mixed up colors. I cannot pass.
Chiming in here too..

I'm visually impaired too and certain hues of colors are just impossible for me too see, the captcha is just not doable for me half of the time.

The images are way too small even in massive 50' TV I tested the coli with, and having the images sometimes all be overlaid with 1 of these colors: Blue, Light/Lime Green, Purple or Red/Orange causes me to not see much and I'll have to do the "click of faith".

When using my out of home laptop, I can zoom in a little bit and sometimes be able to go "OH that's a dragon!" but if they are again overlaid with color the possibility of passing the test starts to fall under 50%.

On phone I just can't use the coli at all because zooming in is not an option. The image quality is so low all I see is a weird blotch of mixed up colors. I cannot pass.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Just tossing this out there, instead of random dragons, how about the captchas only use the 11 gods. Their forms and colors are quite bright and distinct, it would go a ways from to having to identify all of the billions of other breed/color/gene possibilities.

Also, at least orient the dragons correctly. The insistence on maintaining the "unique breed silhouette" for all these years has pretty much trained me to mostly ID dragons by their silhouette at almost any size. But I legit can't identify most dragons ARE dragons if you invert them and stand them on their heads.
Just tossing this out there, instead of random dragons, how about the captchas only use the 11 gods. Their forms and colors are quite bright and distinct, it would go a ways from to having to identify all of the billions of other breed/color/gene possibilities.

Also, at least orient the dragons correctly. The insistence on maintaining the "unique breed silhouette" for all these years has pretty much trained me to mostly ID dragons by their silhouette at almost any size. But I legit can't identify most dragons ARE dragons if you invert them and stand them on their heads.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I have bad eyesight and I ended up having to zoom in 400% and guess multiple times on which one was the dragon.

IId suggest having the pictures bigger at least a little bit and perhaps make the dragon always be the same shape because people with bad eyesight such as myself cant really see or tell the difference from some of the things that go up
I have bad eyesight and I ended up having to zoom in 400% and guess multiple times on which one was the dragon.

IId suggest having the pictures bigger at least a little bit and perhaps make the dragon always be the same shape because people with bad eyesight such as myself cant really see or tell the difference from some of the things that go up
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
so admittedly I was playing coli at 33%zoom. I normally play FR at 50% for faster familiar bonding, zooming in to read forum text or make forum posts. but like I could see the coli window enough to play so I was like ok that's fine. [img]https://imgur.com/fN9lneF.jpg[/img] but uh this image felt ridiculously small compared to the coli window right before it. I totally was convinced the red and green thing was something with butterfly? but maybe my brain went is that a dragon because first to pop. the dragon was the shadow colored blob at 8 o clock ie the thing with lowest contrast. also having the non dragons be recolors of things makes it really hard for my brain to go oh that's an owl familiar. so I'm like purple feathered thing maybe that's a weirdly oriented coatl/sd/tundra [img]https://imgur.com/fGGT3vL.jpg[/img] now when I zoomed into 75% or 100% size of captcha was closer to full coli window size. (tho tbh I was still guessing, tilting my head and probably should have gone to 200%) if the captcha window was the same size as the coli window it would help a decent amount but my biggest complaint is lack of contrast. and as someone who spends most time on FR training exalt fodder, the amount of time it will take me to get safe answers (ie am I 90% certain) will probably make me train less (or i will just spam click first thing and hope no lockout). but tbh I can't risk an account lock because I hold dom resources for my flight. (and I've never seen someone petition to get their accounts unlocked and even if I believe that 99% of the locks were based on true multi or botter that 1% error rate has me scared of coli revamp and the new system.
so admittedly I was playing coli at 33%zoom. I normally play FR at 50% for faster familiar bonding, zooming in to read forum text or make forum posts. but like I could see the coli window enough to play so I was like ok that's fine.

fN9lneF.jpg

but uh this image felt ridiculously small compared to the coli window right before it. I totally was convinced the red and green thing was something with butterfly? but maybe my brain went is that a dragon because first to pop. the dragon was the shadow colored blob at 8 o clock ie the thing with lowest contrast. also having the non dragons be recolors of things makes it really hard for my brain to go oh that's an owl familiar. so I'm like purple feathered thing maybe that's a weirdly oriented coatl/sd/tundra

fGGT3vL.jpg

now when I zoomed into 75% or 100% size of captcha was closer to full coli window size. (tho tbh I was still guessing, tilting my head and probably should have gone to 200%) if the captcha window was the same size as the coli window it would help a decent amount but my biggest complaint is lack of contrast.

and as someone who spends most time on FR training exalt fodder, the amount of time it will take me to get safe answers (ie am I 90% certain) will probably make me train less (or i will just spam click first thing and hope no lockout).

but tbh I can't risk an account lock because I hold dom resources for my flight. (and I've never seen someone petition to get their accounts unlocked and even if I believe that 99% of the locks were based on true multi or botter that 1% error rate has me scared of coli revamp and the new system.

I posted something about this in the main tracking thread but I'll jump in here too. These captchas are potentially game breaking if you don't have great vision. If you're going to have an image-based captcha (which honestly I don't think is a fantastic idea on any level), it needs to be much more accessible. Bright, contrasting colors and clearer resolution would be a start. This really needs to be addressed going forward with the beta.
I posted something about this in the main tracking thread but I'll jump in here too. These captchas are potentially game breaking if you don't have great vision. If you're going to have an image-based captcha (which honestly I don't think is a fantastic idea on any level), it needs to be much more accessible. Bright, contrasting colors and clearer resolution would be a start. This really needs to be addressed going forward with the beta.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
I'm not sure the staff realize that picture recognition software is anywhere close enough to the complexity of their current captcha.

disabled players are important too.

personally i would do away with the textured background altogether, in addition to making the picture much bigger.

it's a two-fold problem. The captcha itself is very inaccessible, and it's happening much too frequently. That's certainly enough to drive players away.
I'm not sure the staff realize that picture recognition software is anywhere close enough to the complexity of their current captcha.

disabled players are important too.

personally i would do away with the textured background altogether, in addition to making the picture much bigger.

it's a two-fold problem. The captcha itself is very inaccessible, and it's happening much too frequently. That's certainly enough to drive players away.
I'll be honest, the fear of missing too many captchas and FR thinking I'm a bot is really stressful. also a bit, a lack of clarity about how to prove not a bot if FR thinks you are one because too many errors.

(to the point where I might not coli as much anymore and as that's my main motivation for being on this site that's not an optimal result).

maybe it's better for my health to not be in coli as much, I'd have less money to put towards the fun things I like to do on FR so I'd be less happy overall.
I'll be honest, the fear of missing too many captchas and FR thinking I'm a bot is really stressful. also a bit, a lack of clarity about how to prove not a bot if FR thinks you are one because too many errors.

(to the point where I might not coli as much anymore and as that's my main motivation for being on this site that's not an optimal result).

maybe it's better for my health to not be in coli as much, I'd have less money to put towards the fun things I like to do on FR so I'd be less happy overall.
I agree, these camp screens can get pretty bad. I have great color and detail vision and it took me like 2 minutes of staring at this to figure out that the tiny pink, shapeless blob wasn't part of the background (like a patch of flowers on the vine or something) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/865491f3542e48f51236a53cb8397413.png[/img] I can't imagine someone who's color blind or with partial vision lost even being able to pick this out of the background. Can we either make the dragons way bigger or not use them at all? Because that is impossible small These images have got to be clearer. Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.
I agree, these camp screens can get pretty bad.

I have great color and detail vision and it took me like 2 minutes of staring at this to figure out that the tiny pink, shapeless blob wasn't part of the background (like a patch of flowers on the vine or something)

865491f3542e48f51236a53cb8397413.png

I can't imagine someone who's color blind or with partial vision lost even being able to pick this out of the background. Can we either make the dragons way bigger or not use them at all? Because that is impossible small

These images have got to be clearer.

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art)

7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.
@SaikiyoLuna That would be awesome!!! I have totally given up on testing because I just can't see and it is soooo stressful worrying I will mess up.
@SaikiyoLuna That would be awesome!!! I have totally given up on testing because I just can't see and it is soooo stressful worrying I will mess up.
Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2018-02-07 16:01:12] Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] @SaikiyoLuna This is a fantastic idea and even with my glasses off I can easily distinguish everything there. You did a wonderful job with this quick concept, and I think this is a great way to fix the captcha issue!
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-02-07:

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art)

7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.

@SaikiyoLuna

This is a fantastic idea and even with my glasses off I can easily distinguish everything there.

You did a wonderful job with this quick concept, and I think this is a great way to fix the captcha issue!

LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73