Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | FR Music?
1 2
Like a sort of background music? Maybe a soothing, orchestra tone or something? I've been hopping around FR lately, and one of my friends pointed out that the game was extremely quiet. So I've had this idea stuck in my head for some time.
Of course, it'd need to be optional (maybe a small off/on toggle?), and it may be hard to implement (not really sure), but I think it'd give FR a polished touch.

If we wanted to go further, maybe we can even certain tunes for certain areas. Like the forum can have a melody, but a lair can have an adventurous "happy go lucky" mood.

I'm curious to see what others think.
Like a sort of background music? Maybe a soothing, orchestra tone or something? I've been hopping around FR lately, and one of my friends pointed out that the game was extremely quiet. So I've had this idea stuck in my head for some time.
Of course, it'd need to be optional (maybe a small off/on toggle?), and it may be hard to implement (not really sure), but I think it'd give FR a polished touch.

If we wanted to go further, maybe we can even certain tunes for certain areas. Like the forum can have a melody, but a lair can have an adventurous "happy go lucky" mood.

I'm curious to see what others think.
no support. this would lag the site, be absolutely awful for those with already bad connections/ limited data*, and it would get quite annoying.
*even if it's muted, it would still have to load.

even a mute button probably wouldn't work. i always see complaints about the fairgrounds not muting, so ::/ and since that issue is usually from the page not remembering the settings when refreshed, this would definitely be an issue since every time you go to a different page, it refreshes the tab.

where would the site even get all of these soundtracks? music like the kind you're describing isn't exactly cheap to make, you know.

just put on some game OSTs/orchestra music/whatever in another window. problem solved.
no support. this would lag the site, be absolutely awful for those with already bad connections/ limited data*, and it would get quite annoying.
*even if it's muted, it would still have to load.

even a mute button probably wouldn't work. i always see complaints about the fairgrounds not muting, so ::/ and since that issue is usually from the page not remembering the settings when refreshed, this would definitely be an issue since every time you go to a different page, it refreshes the tab.

where would the site even get all of these soundtracks? music like the kind you're describing isn't exactly cheap to make, you know.

just put on some game OSTs/orchestra music/whatever in another window. problem solved.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Sorry, no support.

In addition to what Shinyumbreon said, it doesn't even really make sense. I don't know of any other pet site that has music on every page. They have music in their games, but those are game specific. In fact, I am hard pressed to think of any site that has music on their pages. I think most sites realize that outside of very specific areas, music on pages is very annoying and can turn people off of the site in general (imagine you like nice relaxing classical music, but the site you love decides to implement extremely loud heavy metal, or vice versa)

In 99% of the games I play (online and offline) music is the first thing to go. Even if I like the music, it gets boring and repetitive after a while of listening to the same track again and again and again and again.

Now imagine the people who spend hours in the coliseum or do like I do and leave the FR forums page open. Unless they had several tracks of music (which gets expensive) then that is going to get very old very fast.
Sorry, no support.

In addition to what Shinyumbreon said, it doesn't even really make sense. I don't know of any other pet site that has music on every page. They have music in their games, but those are game specific. In fact, I am hard pressed to think of any site that has music on their pages. I think most sites realize that outside of very specific areas, music on pages is very annoying and can turn people off of the site in general (imagine you like nice relaxing classical music, but the site you love decides to implement extremely loud heavy metal, or vice versa)

In 99% of the games I play (online and offline) music is the first thing to go. Even if I like the music, it gets boring and repetitive after a while of listening to the same track again and again and again and again.

Now imagine the people who spend hours in the coliseum or do like I do and leave the FR forums page open. Unless they had several tracks of music (which gets expensive) then that is going to get very old very fast.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Gilamon

Music in the Coliseum? Mmmmaybe. It already lags pretty bad on some people's computers, but I'm sure that the polish they'll add to the new Coli update will make it run a lot smoother, allowing for the usage of music. It isn't that hard to code something so simple.

Music for the website though? Bad idea, nonono. This is a website, not a downloadable game or app, y'know? It's a whole different kabosh!
@Gilamon

Music in the Coliseum? Mmmmaybe. It already lags pretty bad on some people's computers, but I'm sure that the polish they'll add to the new Coli update will make it run a lot smoother, allowing for the usage of music. It isn't that hard to code something so simple.

Music for the website though? Bad idea, nonono. This is a website, not a downloadable game or app, y'know? It's a whole different kabosh!

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
Ah, for the young days of Geocities and myspace...

But yeah, no support. Even for Coli. If I want music in Coli, I'll play my own. I don't really want to hear the same midi looping for an hour.
Ah, for the young days of Geocities and myspace...

But yeah, no support. Even for Coli. If I want music in Coli, I'll play my own. I don't really want to hear the same midi looping for an hour.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Ahh, I see guys.
Thank you for your feedback ^^
Ahh, I see guys.
Thank you for your feedback ^^
In FRs Q&A on YouTube, this was brought up. Locations like the fairgrounds and coliseum were named as areas that would qualify, and that you wouldn't hear music in locations like the Auction House. So I would have to say no support for music all over the site.
In FRs Q&A on YouTube, this was brought up. Locations like the fairgrounds and coliseum were named as areas that would qualify, and that you wouldn't hear music in locations like the Auction House. So I would have to say no support for music all over the site.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@Gilamon

Thank you for making the suggestion and being so polite even though there’s a lot of no support opinions! I also don’t support this idea for the reasons already stated but I always appreciate op’s who are polite and don’t take no support opinions as personal attacks (believe it or not this happens more often than you think). Thank you and please feel encouraged to defend your suggestion or make new suggestions in the future! :D
@Gilamon

Thank you for making the suggestion and being so polite even though there’s a lot of no support opinions! I also don’t support this idea for the reasons already stated but I always appreciate op’s who are polite and don’t take no support opinions as personal attacks (believe it or not this happens more often than you think). Thank you and please feel encouraged to defend your suggestion or make new suggestions in the future! :D
XriSV9h.gif
No support, too much lag! Coli maybe, fairgrounds has it, otherwise just play music in another tab on your computer. c;
No support, too much lag! Coli maybe, fairgrounds has it, otherwise just play music in another tab on your computer. c;
QFXpYkj.png
@CrazyRedFire

Haha, no problem. I should be thanking you all. ^^

You guys do bring up some good points that I wouldn't have thought of.
@CrazyRedFire

Haha, no problem. I should be thanking you all. ^^

You guys do bring up some good points that I wouldn't have thought of.
1 2