Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | FR Music?
1 2
@Gilamon Absolutely no support. As others have pointed out, it still needs to load, and would increase the server strain so much as well. Solution? Just open another tab, put some soundtrack on youtube. There, your wish fulfilled.
@Gilamon Absolutely no support. As others have pointed out, it still needs to load, and would increase the server strain so much as well. Solution? Just open another tab, put some soundtrack on youtube. There, your wish fulfilled.
          g3UohQV.png - Hatchery

- Lore Shop

- Outfit Shop

- Accents
I know the music on forum was brought up and totally understand why its a bad idea, but i was thinking, maybe music on your profile page where it automatically is quieter so no blasting anyone's ears off. on a pet site i used to use, they allowed music only on your profile and thats it. if you wanted it elsewhere, you could only include a link to it. but i get if even this idea is too much for the site to handle. just a thought though
I know the music on forum was brought up and totally understand why its a bad idea, but i was thinking, maybe music on your profile page where it automatically is quieter so no blasting anyone's ears off. on a pet site i used to use, they allowed music only on your profile and thats it. if you wanted it elsewhere, you could only include a link to it. but i get if even this idea is too much for the site to handle. just a thought though
KaL7agX.png jbMnTvf.png Z4Vhp7P.png
...No support. No need to restate what others have said.
...No support. No need to restate what others have said.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
No support for having music on any pages on the site itself, but I definitely wouldn't complain about the music existing on YouTube or something.
No support for having music on any pages on the site itself, but I definitely wouldn't complain about the music existing on YouTube or something.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I am the type of person who plays on a PC, and will open multiple tabs. I *fondly* (read this as extremely sarcastic) remember the days of opening up multiple tabs on various websites to read things, and going about my business while those loaded, only to be blasted out of my seat, usually at 9PM when everyone else was sleeping, by music set to loud, with heavy bass. All because someone had set their blog/webpage to play music, and once it loaded, it was playing.

Sometimes people had lovely selections, and I still have a piece that I have no clue the name or anything but is very beautiful. But, mostly, nope, just music blaring.

FR is not a music site. It is a dragon breeding site, and it honestly makes no sense to have music playing on *any* page outside the games, where it is sort of expected (and honestly I would rather that go bye-bye, because I think the music, even muted, is why I have trouble with some of the games lagging), and I do NOT want the era of my ears being assaulted by random music just from opening up pages and allowing them to load fully. I was glad when that went bye bye, just as I still shudder about the era of Neopets shop/profile pages with 300 graphics, blinking gifs, changing the cursor so you never could find it, and all the other stuff associated with that (and sadly is still around on some sites...) and am glad that most sites don't allow that level of customization and most people have 'grown out' of that phase.

Beyond personal preferences, there is also the issue of data allowances, and adding extra load to players who have limited allowances, or slower internets.

It also is an added drain of resources that I don't think would see any return, and honestly just be an annoyance to the majority of users of FR, which I would definitely prefer those resources be used elsewhere.

If it is user done, then I doubly don't want it, because some users have no 'common sense' and I could easily see NSFW stuff being put onto profiles, or things set to play as loud as they possibly can (probably as a jump-scare thing), and a lot of 'this person is playing music from a *bad person* can we get that person's music blocked!' when they don't like the politics of the person, or don't like the type of music and so on.

It would be a mess to moderate and be a headache that I personally wouldn't want to have to encounter.

Basically, the opinion still stands that if you want music, then find a way to play it for yourself, but we don't need ways to subject other people to it, as people's tastes are varied, and others already have things playing in the background for their own enjoyment.
I am the type of person who plays on a PC, and will open multiple tabs. I *fondly* (read this as extremely sarcastic) remember the days of opening up multiple tabs on various websites to read things, and going about my business while those loaded, only to be blasted out of my seat, usually at 9PM when everyone else was sleeping, by music set to loud, with heavy bass. All because someone had set their blog/webpage to play music, and once it loaded, it was playing.

Sometimes people had lovely selections, and I still have a piece that I have no clue the name or anything but is very beautiful. But, mostly, nope, just music blaring.

FR is not a music site. It is a dragon breeding site, and it honestly makes no sense to have music playing on *any* page outside the games, where it is sort of expected (and honestly I would rather that go bye-bye, because I think the music, even muted, is why I have trouble with some of the games lagging), and I do NOT want the era of my ears being assaulted by random music just from opening up pages and allowing them to load fully. I was glad when that went bye bye, just as I still shudder about the era of Neopets shop/profile pages with 300 graphics, blinking gifs, changing the cursor so you never could find it, and all the other stuff associated with that (and sadly is still around on some sites...) and am glad that most sites don't allow that level of customization and most people have 'grown out' of that phase.

Beyond personal preferences, there is also the issue of data allowances, and adding extra load to players who have limited allowances, or slower internets.

It also is an added drain of resources that I don't think would see any return, and honestly just be an annoyance to the majority of users of FR, which I would definitely prefer those resources be used elsewhere.

If it is user done, then I doubly don't want it, because some users have no 'common sense' and I could easily see NSFW stuff being put onto profiles, or things set to play as loud as they possibly can (probably as a jump-scare thing), and a lot of 'this person is playing music from a *bad person* can we get that person's music blocked!' when they don't like the politics of the person, or don't like the type of music and so on.

It would be a mess to moderate and be a headache that I personally wouldn't want to have to encounter.

Basically, the opinion still stands that if you want music, then find a way to play it for yourself, but we don't need ways to subject other people to it, as people's tastes are varied, and others already have things playing in the background for their own enjoyment.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2