Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eliminates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Eliminates need to drop from all coliseum venues, and the drop rate needs to be increased (by a good amount). Or add them to pinkerton and the marketplace.

I didn't realize how bad it was until a fellow ice flight member posted in our forums about it. With eliminates being so expensive, new members won't be able to get into things like dominance, which has an effect on dragon prices. Existing members won't be able to switch their coli dragons around, which has an effect on things like the prices on genes, apparel, familiars, etc.

People start in the fairgrounds, but many of them inevitably migrate towards the coliseum, especially during dominance pushes (which is when flight members bond together). If they can't even get into coliseum, they miss out an integral FR experience, get bored, and leave.

The current rarity of eliminates is horrific, and affects more than one facet on this site. I don't want to see the community crumble because no one can get new coliseum dragons working due to eliminates being so rare.
Eliminates need to drop from all coliseum venues, and the drop rate needs to be increased (by a good amount). Or add them to pinkerton and the marketplace.

I didn't realize how bad it was until a fellow ice flight member posted in our forums about it. With eliminates being so expensive, new members won't be able to get into things like dominance, which has an effect on dragon prices. Existing members won't be able to switch their coli dragons around, which has an effect on things like the prices on genes, apparel, familiars, etc.

People start in the fairgrounds, but many of them inevitably migrate towards the coliseum, especially during dominance pushes (which is when flight members bond together). If they can't even get into coliseum, they miss out an integral FR experience, get bored, and leave.

The current rarity of eliminates is horrific, and affects more than one facet on this site. I don't want to see the community crumble because no one can get new coliseum dragons working due to eliminates being so rare.
tumblr_inline_o0idijyg7x1qg2i5p_540.png
While I support them dropping in all venues and maybe a very slight increase in rate, I do not support them increasing the drop rate by a great deal, nor do I support them being added to the marketplace.

Eliminate is a shiny star rarity (I believe) which means it is SUPPOSED to be rare. It is perfectly possible to use the coliseum without one. There are other builds, slightly slower and less efficient yes, that are out there and people have successfully used them.

I do feel they should be expensive simply because they pay for themselves pretty quickly. Plus, at 300K that is only 4 days of maxing the fairgrounds to buy one stone. This isn't counting any other means of getting treasure such as exalting or hoard selling stuff..

I do think 300K is a bit much, but I do think that it should be at least a 2 day fairgrounds max for them simply because they ARE so efficient.
While I support them dropping in all venues and maybe a very slight increase in rate, I do not support them increasing the drop rate by a great deal, nor do I support them being added to the marketplace.

Eliminate is a shiny star rarity (I believe) which means it is SUPPOSED to be rare. It is perfectly possible to use the coliseum without one. There are other builds, slightly slower and less efficient yes, that are out there and people have successfully used them.

I do feel they should be expensive simply because they pay for themselves pretty quickly. Plus, at 300K that is only 4 days of maxing the fairgrounds to buy one stone. This isn't counting any other means of getting treasure such as exalting or hoard selling stuff..

I do think 300K is a bit much, but I do think that it should be at least a 2 day fairgrounds max for them simply because they ARE so efficient.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think that after the coli rewrite, the desire for Eliminates my plummet with perhaps different builds being useful in different places. At this time, I don't support any nerfing of the Eliminate rarity until we see what the coli re-write offers us in terms of builds that don't depend on Eliminate as heavily.
I think that after the coli rewrite, the desire for Eliminates my plummet with perhaps different builds being useful in different places. At this time, I don't support any nerfing of the Eliminate rarity until we see what the coli re-write offers us in terms of builds that don't depend on Eliminate as heavily.
uCR5SCW.png
i pretty much agree with everything jemadar said, especially with the fact you can get an eliminate easily by maxing out FG for a few days. and i will NEVER support them being dropped by pinkerton or being in the marketplace. [quote name="Scrysis" date=2017-02-07 17:10:39] With eliminates being so expensive, new members won't be able to get into things like dominance, which has an effect on dragon prices. ---- If they can't even get into coliseum, they miss out an integral FR experience, get bored, and leave. ---- The current rarity of eliminates is horrific, and affects more than one facet on this site. I don't want to see the community crumble because no one can get new coliseum dragons working due to eliminates being so rare. [/quote] might i say i got my entire team to level 25 without any help from eliminates or rental dragons without any trouble- i just had to modify the stats to my needs. also, coli isn't intergral to the game. it's completely optional if you want to do it or not, and you aren't going to be punished for not using it. thus, the community would not crumble, since not everyone uses it or is even interested in it. (and for newbs who DO want to coli, there are rental threads specifically to help them get started without needing to buy an eliminate) [quote name="Scrysis" date=2017-02-07 17:10:39] Existing members won't be able to switch their coli dragons around, which has an effect on things like the prices on genes, apparel, familiars, etc. [/quote] except most people only have one main coli team, so i really don't see how not being able to switch around coli dragons would affect prices of genes, apparel, and familiars?? being able to switch dragons around has no correlation to those prices ::/
i pretty much agree with everything jemadar said, especially with the fact you can get an eliminate easily by maxing out FG for a few days. and i will NEVER support them being dropped by pinkerton or being in the marketplace.

Scrysis wrote on 2017-02-07:

With eliminates being so expensive, new members won't be able to get into things like dominance, which has an effect on dragon prices.
----
If they can't even get into coliseum, they miss out an integral FR experience, get bored, and leave.
----

might i say i got my entire team to level 25 without any help from eliminates or rental dragons without any trouble- i just had to modify the stats to my needs.

also, coli isn't intergral to the game. it's completely optional if you want to do it or not, and you aren't going to be punished for not using it. thus, the community would not crumble, since not everyone uses it or is even interested in it.

(and for newbs who DO want to coli, there are rental threads specifically to help them get started without needing to buy an eliminate)
Scrysis wrote on 2017-02-07:
Existing members won't be able to switch their coli dragons around, which has an effect on things like the prices on genes, apparel, familiars, etc.

except most people only have one main coli team, so i really don't see how not being able to switch around coli dragons would affect prices of genes, apparel, and familiars?? being able to switch dragons around has no correlation to those prices ::/
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Eliminate is probably going to be nerfed with the coli revamp. I don't think that loot drops should be changed before we know what will happen with the coli revamp.

Grinding without Eliminate is possible. It is slightly more tedious, but far from impossible, especially if you focus on one physical attacker and one offensive mage as support. I have a single Eliminate user, both of my other coli dragons are mages. (I have an offensive healer, and a defensive mage)

I think the mentality that you NEED to have Eliminate to grind is more toxic. There are other builds which are only *slightly* less efficient than having two or three Eliminate users, and as efficient in the Golem Workshop (You can't have three Eliminate users in the Workshop. You need at least one support)
Eliminate is probably going to be nerfed with the coli revamp. I don't think that loot drops should be changed before we know what will happen with the coli revamp.

Grinding without Eliminate is possible. It is slightly more tedious, but far from impossible, especially if you focus on one physical attacker and one offensive mage as support. I have a single Eliminate user, both of my other coli dragons are mages. (I have an offensive healer, and a defensive mage)

I think the mentality that you NEED to have Eliminate to grind is more toxic. There are other builds which are only *slightly* less efficient than having two or three Eliminate users, and as efficient in the Golem Workshop (You can't have three Eliminate users in the Workshop. You need at least one support)
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-02-07 19:16:02] Eliminate is probably going to be nerfed with the coli revamp. I don't think that loot drops should be changed before we know what will happen with the coli revamp. Grinding without Eliminate is possible. It is slightly more tedious, but far from impossible, especially if you focus on one physical attacker and one offensive mage as support. I have a single Eliminate user, both of my other coli dragons are mages. (I have an offensive healer, and a defensive mage) I think the mentality that you NEED to have Eliminate to grind is more toxic. There are other builds which are only *slightly* less efficient than having two or three Eliminate users, and as efficient in the Golem Workshop (You can't have three Eliminate users in the Workshop. You need at least one support) [/quote] Sadly when I saw 'offensive healer' my mind started wondering what their bedside manner was. However, that aside, I agree with your last paragraph and you put it better than I ever could. I constantly see 'Eliminate is a NECESSITY' and it implies that it is nearly impossible to use the coliseum without it, which just isn't the case. I do agree that right now it is a bit expensive to outfit three dragons, but I don't think that making eliminate cheaper than berserker and ambush (which is the implication in many of these threads) is the way to go.
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-02-07:

Sadly when I saw 'offensive healer' my mind started wondering what their bedside manner was.

However, that aside, I agree with your last paragraph and you put it better than I ever could. I constantly see 'Eliminate is a NECESSITY' and it implies that it is nearly impossible to use the coliseum without it, which just isn't the case. I do agree that right now it is a bit expensive to outfit three dragons, but I don't think that making eliminate cheaper than berserker and ambush (which is the implication in many of these threads) is the way to go.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Tentative support till we see what the rewrite will bring. I paid ~83kT for mine and in the last 2 years of farming the Coli, almost entirely in venues that do drop eliminate, I've gotten one. 300kT is a little ridiculous.

Tentative support till we see what the rewrite will bring. I paid ~83kT for mine and in the last 2 years of farming the Coli, almost entirely in venues that do drop eliminate, I've gotten one. 300kT is a little ridiculous.

Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I don't agree that eliminates are that hard to get. As said before in this thread, it means only four days of maxing out lucky streak (a little over an hour of play) if it's your only source of income. If you have others it's even quicker, there are a lot of money making guides out there.

However I do support them dropping in all venues, it makes no sense that there is only two venues that do not drop it in the first place.
I don't agree that eliminates are that hard to get. As said before in this thread, it means only four days of maxing out lucky streak (a little over an hour of play) if it's your only source of income. If you have others it's even quicker, there are a lot of money making guides out there.

However I do support them dropping in all venues, it makes no sense that there is only two venues that do not drop it in the first place.
s8iVVJA.png
Support for dropping on every venue, maybe increase the rate by a very tiny amount, but not being on the marketplace - doesn't it drop from Pinkerton already?

Either way, Eliminate is great for people who can't really stand the Coli for extended periods of time - I know I would never grind if every fight took as long as breath building - but it shouldn't be an exception of the shiny star rarity, especially when other stones are hardly as hard to find meaning you can get to Berserker and Discipline levels without Eliminate. But it should still be a reward for grinding consistently, as it speeds up the process like nothing else.
Support for dropping on every venue, maybe increase the rate by a very tiny amount, but not being on the marketplace - doesn't it drop from Pinkerton already?

Either way, Eliminate is great for people who can't really stand the Coli for extended periods of time - I know I would never grind if every fight took as long as breath building - but it shouldn't be an exception of the shiny star rarity, especially when other stones are hardly as hard to find meaning you can get to Berserker and Discipline levels without Eliminate. But it should still be a reward for grinding consistently, as it speeds up the process like nothing else.
QYzhmAi.png
Eh, despite the number of guides that focus Eliminate as a necessity I don't really think it should be considered as such? In my mind it's more akin to the top end gear some MMOers spend hours grinding for to obtain and add to their perfectly tailored build that has matching gear etc etc. It's not something that's just handed to you (and I know none of the suggestions are, heh, suggesting that), its something you work for to finalize your build.

There are other viable options, are they a bit slower? Sure! But that doesn't mean they're not there. Honestly I think the Eliminate is maybe not so balanced right now for where it is in the current game environment.

Pros to Eliminate: Massive amount of damage, refunds breath upon killing an enemy.
Cons to Eliminate: Expensive (decided by player base/Ah prices really), only takes breath if it misses, rare.

Honestly for as much of an 'I Win' button as eliminate is I feel that it SHOULD be rare and expensive, otherwise the only thing balancing out the refunding breath mechanic is the possibility of missing which, while frustrating, doesn't have a lasting effect on a training run if you refresh the page, etc! It's pretty ridiculous honestly, and its hard for me to overstate how huge that Breath Refunding is, with careful breath management and team set up you can basically farm forever in almost any venue!

So, for those reasons I don't support them increasing the drop rate nor adding it to Pinkerton/Marketplace.

I do support it dropping from all venues though and hope to see the new Coli rewrite offer more fun options for coli that start to look as appealing as Eliminate.
Eh, despite the number of guides that focus Eliminate as a necessity I don't really think it should be considered as such? In my mind it's more akin to the top end gear some MMOers spend hours grinding for to obtain and add to their perfectly tailored build that has matching gear etc etc. It's not something that's just handed to you (and I know none of the suggestions are, heh, suggesting that), its something you work for to finalize your build.

There are other viable options, are they a bit slower? Sure! But that doesn't mean they're not there. Honestly I think the Eliminate is maybe not so balanced right now for where it is in the current game environment.

Pros to Eliminate: Massive amount of damage, refunds breath upon killing an enemy.
Cons to Eliminate: Expensive (decided by player base/Ah prices really), only takes breath if it misses, rare.

Honestly for as much of an 'I Win' button as eliminate is I feel that it SHOULD be rare and expensive, otherwise the only thing balancing out the refunding breath mechanic is the possibility of missing which, while frustrating, doesn't have a lasting effect on a training run if you refresh the page, etc! It's pretty ridiculous honestly, and its hard for me to overstate how huge that Breath Refunding is, with careful breath management and team set up you can basically farm forever in almost any venue!

So, for those reasons I don't support them increasing the drop rate nor adding it to Pinkerton/Marketplace.

I do support it dropping from all venues though and hope to see the new Coli rewrite offer more fun options for coli that start to look as appealing as Eliminate.
PdrVGEX.gifCX5jG7P.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10