Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eliminates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Scrysis, while i agree the drop rate should be increased, it shouldn't be increased by so much to the point you will get one 1/5 times, 1/10, 1/15 or even 1/20, it is the best attack in the game. So maybe they could increase it to 1/50? (i don't know what the current rate is but if its like 1/500, it should change to at least 1/250)
@Scrysis, while i agree the drop rate should be increased, it shouldn't be increased by so much to the point you will get one 1/5 times, 1/10, 1/15 or even 1/20, it is the best attack in the game. So maybe they could increase it to 1/50? (i don't know what the current rate is but if its like 1/500, it should change to at least 1/250)
Puppet Master Anti
she/her/hers|FRT +3|Link to Art shop
Sorry, no support. Eliminates are supposed to be rare and it's not that difficult to save treasure to buy one from the AH.
Sorry, no support. Eliminates are supposed to be rare and it's not that difficult to save treasure to buy one from the AH.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
Do people here not remember starting? >_<

When you're brand new, you don't have shiny dergs with the newest genes to sell for good prices on the AH. You don't have extra apparel to sell or familiars for that matter. You don't have a hoard of materials to dump into Baldwin.

If you're just starting out, you have to also take into account the cost of two ambushes, and three berserkers. . . just for one dragon. So it's a lot more than just four days at the fairgrounds. In the mean time, you're missing out on dominance, festival drops, etc.

Yeah, I did the grind. I leveled my first coli trainers without trainer dragons or donated stones. And it kind of really sucked. Not to mention, I did it back when eliminates were 50k treasure. Yeah, just pause and think about it for a minute. I had to do tons of time with shockswitch, and I hated every minute of it. If the requirement was significantly more, I might have not stayed with the site.

I'm just really surprised at the responses. Everyone wants to keep the rarity up so that they can fill their pocketbooks. My opinion? Lower the rarity on something that is still considered key (no, mage teams are not "a little inefficient"; they're "a lot inefficient") to making money in the coliseum, and keep some things like apparel and familiars rare. That way, you open the gate to letting more people experience the coliseum the way most of us do. As it stands, eliminates are too expensive for me to loan out my dragons any more. I wouldn't be able to replace one if it were stolen or accidentally exalted.
Do people here not remember starting? >_<

When you're brand new, you don't have shiny dergs with the newest genes to sell for good prices on the AH. You don't have extra apparel to sell or familiars for that matter. You don't have a hoard of materials to dump into Baldwin.

If you're just starting out, you have to also take into account the cost of two ambushes, and three berserkers. . . just for one dragon. So it's a lot more than just four days at the fairgrounds. In the mean time, you're missing out on dominance, festival drops, etc.

Yeah, I did the grind. I leveled my first coli trainers without trainer dragons or donated stones. And it kind of really sucked. Not to mention, I did it back when eliminates were 50k treasure. Yeah, just pause and think about it for a minute. I had to do tons of time with shockswitch, and I hated every minute of it. If the requirement was significantly more, I might have not stayed with the site.

I'm just really surprised at the responses. Everyone wants to keep the rarity up so that they can fill their pocketbooks. My opinion? Lower the rarity on something that is still considered key (no, mage teams are not "a little inefficient"; they're "a lot inefficient") to making money in the coliseum, and keep some things like apparel and familiars rare. That way, you open the gate to letting more people experience the coliseum the way most of us do. As it stands, eliminates are too expensive for me to loan out my dragons any more. I wouldn't be able to replace one if it were stolen or accidentally exalted.
tumblr_inline_o0idijyg7x1qg2i5p_540.png
@Scrysis

I absolutely remember starting, and I remember saving my treasure until I could afford Eliminates, and other stones. It took a fair amount of time to level my dragons but once I got the first Mire Flyer it went faster so now I have a coli team. It's just part of the game. What I don't understand is how so many people just want everything handed to them without working toward it. What fun is that?
@Scrysis

I absolutely remember starting, and I remember saving my treasure until I could afford Eliminates, and other stones. It took a fair amount of time to level my dragons but once I got the first Mire Flyer it went faster so now I have a coli team. It's just part of the game. What I don't understand is how so many people just want everything handed to them without working toward it. What fun is that?
@Geisterwolf

How long did it take you? Did you have fun gritting your teeth through fairgrounds? How much did they cost? Probably not as much as they do right now, I wager.

That's kind of the catch -- the cost of eliminates have gone way up, but fairgrounds doesn't pay more than it ever has.

Really, I don't mind people making money, but battlestones shouldn't be that bad, since it's a core mechanic of the game, and what allows people to get into dominance battles. You could just as easily shift the rarity onto something else.

Addition (since you updated your post) -- this isn't about "handing" anyone anything. This is about putting the stones in a price range that is more acceptable to people just coming into the game.
@Geisterwolf

How long did it take you? Did you have fun gritting your teeth through fairgrounds? How much did they cost? Probably not as much as they do right now, I wager.

That's kind of the catch -- the cost of eliminates have gone way up, but fairgrounds doesn't pay more than it ever has.

Really, I don't mind people making money, but battlestones shouldn't be that bad, since it's a core mechanic of the game, and what allows people to get into dominance battles. You could just as easily shift the rarity onto something else.

Addition (since you updated your post) -- this isn't about "handing" anyone anything. This is about putting the stones in a price range that is more acceptable to people just coming into the game.
@Scrysis

I did have fun! I play a lot of games which involve working up to higher levels and greater skills. Sometimes it's frustrating but I enjoy the work involved and the reward at the end. One thing I don't like is the inflation of price for many things (not just battlestones) but that's normal for an MMO game. There are lots of other ways to obtain treasure here, beyond the fairgrounds. I honestly do not think it's necessary to lower prices of things for newer players. People seriously have to learn patience.
@Scrysis

I did have fun! I play a lot of games which involve working up to higher levels and greater skills. Sometimes it's frustrating but I enjoy the work involved and the reward at the end. One thing I don't like is the inflation of price for many things (not just battlestones) but that's normal for an MMO game. There are lots of other ways to obtain treasure here, beyond the fairgrounds. I honestly do not think it's necessary to lower prices of things for newer players. People seriously have to learn patience.
I remember having zero fun whatsoever in Fairgrounds, and I still don't except for the few moments I'll give Tidal Trouble a try. Not even taking into account that internet connection and your browser's current version can get in the way of both Coli and Fairgrounds, and at the start of the game you definately don't have enough to give up for Baldwin materials.

There's a limit between being fair or just being rare because rare. Having a decent drop rate on every venue, maybe under Vista rare but still above Chest rare(though I don't know the actual rates), rewards who plays a lot, and lowers the price enough(anywhere under 200k imho) for people to have it as a big goal without getting excessive as it is right now.
I remember having zero fun whatsoever in Fairgrounds, and I still don't except for the few moments I'll give Tidal Trouble a try. Not even taking into account that internet connection and your browser's current version can get in the way of both Coli and Fairgrounds, and at the start of the game you definately don't have enough to give up for Baldwin materials.

There's a limit between being fair or just being rare because rare. Having a decent drop rate on every venue, maybe under Vista rare but still above Chest rare(though I don't know the actual rates), rewards who plays a lot, and lowers the price enough(anywhere under 200k imho) for people to have it as a big goal without getting excessive as it is right now.
QYzhmAi.png
I support this! Eliminates should be rare, but right now they're ridiculous. I think the drop rates could be significantly increased while still letting it keep a certain rarity. I think at the current rate it can be very discouraging for new players trying to get into FR.
I support this! Eliminates should be rare, but right now they're ridiculous. I think the drop rates could be significantly increased while still letting it keep a certain rarity. I think at the current rate it can be very discouraging for new players trying to get into FR.
comiss3_by_shadowsongandravyn-dapyl8y.png
@IndigoScroll @Umberink

This is exactly what I'm talking about. My own personal preference would be around 100k, but under 200k could be acceptable. That still makes them valuable while not making them so far out of reach for new players.

As it stands, they're kind of out of whack for new players.
@IndigoScroll @Umberink

This is exactly what I'm talking about. My own personal preference would be around 100k, but under 200k could be acceptable. That still makes them valuable while not making them so far out of reach for new players.

As it stands, they're kind of out of whack for new players.
I support them dropping in all venues, that's for sure. As for rarity? Whatever it takes to keep the price stable. I've been here for two years and I've seen the price of Elim more than triple in that time. It's not sustainable, especially if completely open registration is going to be a thing someday.

EDIT: Or to put it another way, distributing more elims means more dragons get exalted (because while elim-free builds are a thing, they're not as quick or convenient and not everyone can spend double the time per dragon to train and exalt.) and the dragon economy remains stable. (or at least as stable as it ever is.)
I support them dropping in all venues, that's for sure. As for rarity? Whatever it takes to keep the price stable. I've been here for two years and I've seen the price of Elim more than triple in that time. It's not sustainable, especially if completely open registration is going to be a thing someday.

EDIT: Or to put it another way, distributing more elims means more dragons get exalted (because while elim-free builds are a thing, they're not as quick or convenient and not everyone can spend double the time per dragon to train and exalt.) and the dragon economy remains stable. (or at least as stable as it ever is.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10