Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 81 82
Honestly, I absolutely agree with this. We have bloody bandages and bone chimes as items, so why is it so difficult to let us have a bit of blood on an accent or skin?
Honestly, I absolutely agree with this. We have bloody bandages and bone chimes as items, so why is it so difficult to let us have a bit of blood on an accent or skin?
I feel sorry for Plague and accent makers. For me its like this -

MOST GRAPHIC - Puss, open wounds, pustules, hanging guts.
Less graphic - external blood, bloody wounds

Personally I hate rotting things a lot more than fresh blood and injuries. Such a stupid, arbitrary thing to have the dragon "not suffer" or have no crimson red.

This explains why I didn't like last years riot of rot accents, so much puss and stupid, bright green colors. LET PLAGUE HAVE RED. I hope you guys will have a boycott, you'll have to do something drastic to get the devs to pay attention.
I feel sorry for Plague and accent makers. For me its like this -

MOST GRAPHIC - Puss, open wounds, pustules, hanging guts.
Less graphic - external blood, bloody wounds

Personally I hate rotting things a lot more than fresh blood and injuries. Such a stupid, arbitrary thing to have the dragon "not suffer" or have no crimson red.

This explains why I didn't like last years riot of rot accents, so much puss and stupid, bright green colors. LET PLAGUE HAVE RED. I hope you guys will have a boycott, you'll have to do something drastic to get the devs to pay attention.
tumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.pngqfhaYao.pnghTGcEHS.png
Support.

This is a 13+ site. Tiny cuts and mark with signs of little bit of blood streams is acceptable. Accents/skins showing chopped off limbs and showing insides is not okay.
Support.

This is a 13+ site. Tiny cuts and mark with signs of little bit of blood streams is acceptable. Accents/skins showing chopped off limbs and showing insides is not okay.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
I'm glad to see that everything is in order.

Stuff those spilled entrails and decapitation accents under the chair or something, Mike, they're not the problem. We need to focus on the real issues, like long-healed scars and grazes obtained from rigorous smithing.

What "thinly-veiled fetish gear accents" are you talking about, John? No, no, nobody uses those for nefarious deeds prohibited by our guidelines, you're clearly projecting your psychological quirks onto these clean and innocent designs. Anyway, I told you to make a coffee an hour ago, why are you still here?
I'm glad to see that everything is in order.

Stuff those spilled entrails and decapitation accents under the chair or something, Mike, they're not the problem. We need to focus on the real issues, like long-healed scars and grazes obtained from rigorous smithing.

What "thinly-veiled fetish gear accents" are you talking about, John? No, no, nobody uses those for nefarious deeds prohibited by our guidelines, you're clearly projecting your psychological quirks onto these clean and innocent designs. Anyway, I told you to make a coffee an hour ago, why are you still here?
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
I would like to add that, right in the usual accent description, it says-
"Accents are equippable items that can be worn like a coat of paint on top of your dragon.
The look of the accent will not be passed onto offspring and can be removed at any time"

Guys...

Accents/skins are like temporary tattoos or body paint. There is no "Suffering™" because it's basically paint.

I would also like to point out that there are a lot of "T" or "13+"rated games that have blood and/or violence in there (you rarely see one without one or the other these days). Just saying.
(The main one that comes to mind is Castle Crashers*, rated T. Although it is in a more cartoonish style, there are bloody bodies of slain enemies in the backgrounds of the levels, you can cut enemies heads off, etc. etc. in a T rated game that originally came out ten years ago.)

*If you haven't played it you should check it out, it's a really fun game.
I would like to add that, right in the usual accent description, it says-
"Accents are equippable items that can be worn like a coat of paint on top of your dragon.
The look of the accent will not be passed onto offspring and can be removed at any time"

Guys...

Accents/skins are like temporary tattoos or body paint. There is no "Suffering™" because it's basically paint.

I would also like to point out that there are a lot of "T" or "13+"rated games that have blood and/or violence in there (you rarely see one without one or the other these days). Just saying.
(The main one that comes to mind is Castle Crashers*, rated T. Although it is in a more cartoonish style, there are bloody bodies of slain enemies in the backgrounds of the levels, you can cut enemies heads off, etc. etc. in a T rated game that originally came out ten years ago.)

*If you haven't played it you should check it out, it's a really fun game.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="@TheGodOfStories" date=2017-08-04 10:42:09] (quote snip) [skin=7469] [skin=9178] [skin=9400] [skin=9467] [/quote] [color=#330000]These were actually approved before the blood was considered such a big issue. After the rules were updated, I stopped making these because of the sheer frustration in getting them approved. [skin=7338][skin=13360] [color=#330000]^The first one? Submitted before the blood drama, approved without any issue at all. The second one? Submitted after that, I've had to erase most of the bloodesque stuff and darken/desaturate it significantly to get it approved.
@TheGodOfStories wrote on 2017-08-04:
(quote snip)

These were actually approved before the blood was considered such a big issue. After the rules were updated, I stopped making these because of the sheer frustration in getting them approved.

^The first one? Submitted before the blood drama, approved without any issue at all. The second one? Submitted after that, I've had to erase most of the bloodesque stuff and darken/desaturate it significantly to get it approved.
hXmdLFY.png
^ show me ur dragons wearing my accents pls ‹3
-
behold, the doggy squad

kvOs32.pngzdnrx2.pngaqfFQ2.pngX6bKQ2.pngiRHms2.png
2 years since this thread was posted and still no change which is really sad...

I still support though, like plz staff just tell us what is ok and what isn't, or hell they can implement a filter system. that would be amazing, then those who don't wanna see the spoopy stuff don't have to see it and those who want to see it can.

This isn't the only inconsistency they got

It's a rule an accent can't be to dark and obscure line art/shadows yet there are colors which if combined with certain genes pretty much obscure the dragon's line art and shadows.

We can't have skins based on existing characters from media, yet I've seen plenty of people sneaking accents/skins trough anyways because it's a "tribute" or "inspired by" even though it clearly isn't.

I'm sick of it, I wish to submit skins but it's just too much of a bother because there are no clear rules.

I still support though, like plz staff just tell us what is ok and what isn't, or hell they can implement a filter system. that would be amazing, then those who don't wanna see the spoopy stuff don't have to see it and those who want to see it can.

This isn't the only inconsistency they got

It's a rule an accent can't be to dark and obscure line art/shadows yet there are colors which if combined with certain genes pretty much obscure the dragon's line art and shadows.

We can't have skins based on existing characters from media, yet I've seen plenty of people sneaking accents/skins trough anyways because it's a "tribute" or "inspired by" even though it clearly isn't.

I'm sick of it, I wish to submit skins but it's just too much of a bother because there are no clear rules.

DVcXRyP.png
Things like this are what turned me off to the idea of ever doing accents. Sadly i don't think it will ever change no matter what anyone does, except maybe to make the restrictions even tighter. I think if anything happens at all it will be something like they decide to remove the bloody bandages, scars, and past accents entirely.
Things like this are what turned me off to the idea of ever doing accents. Sadly i don't think it will ever change no matter what anyone does, except maybe to make the restrictions even tighter. I think if anything happens at all it will be something like they decide to remove the bloody bandages, scars, and past accents entirely.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Thinking about this, I personally believe that implementing three things could go a long way to help. (some would take longer than others of course)

1. A tagging/filter system. This would be great for all aspects of the site but especially skins/accents. This would take a long time to create and probably even longer to tag all the skins/accents but I think it would be worth it.

Site staff would do the tagging, but users could suggest tags (ie religious, or perhaps get more specific, certain phobias) and the staff could decide whether or not they think it would be needed.

2. A two tier approach to skins/accents.

The first tier is for RoR skins/accents. (and frankly all festival skins/accents though this particular festival, due its theme, tends to have most of the bloody/gore skins) This would be a slightly looser set of rules than now. To get away from zombies, allow healed wounds and bandages. No open huge wounds and maybe some small 'cuts' that are bloody. This is because Festival skins reach a much wider audience than custom ones. More people get more of these skins and thus they can be applied to more dragons.

This same tier could also be used for any coliseum or MP skin contests.

The Second tier is custom skins. This would have a much looser rules. No extreme gore, or eviscerated dragons etc.. but open wounds, blood, even *gasp* potential suffering. Also, religious symbolism and other things that are generally considered 'no-nos'

3. The last one is the simplest to do and that is to relax the current rules to be like my tier one approach, with the addition of religious symbolism etc..

Utilizing all three of these approaches, I think, would help the most as it would allow for much more relaxed rules, allowing custom makers more freedom, but on the flip side, users who dislike certain imagery would be able to avoid that without having to worry about seeing it on the random dragon, or "Show off your favorite dragon" type threads.

I believe that many places that allow custom content also have ways to block said content, so having a filter isn't a 'radical' idea. (though many don't always have many more options other than to block gore and substance use stuff)
Thinking about this, I personally believe that implementing three things could go a long way to help. (some would take longer than others of course)

1. A tagging/filter system. This would be great for all aspects of the site but especially skins/accents. This would take a long time to create and probably even longer to tag all the skins/accents but I think it would be worth it.

Site staff would do the tagging, but users could suggest tags (ie religious, or perhaps get more specific, certain phobias) and the staff could decide whether or not they think it would be needed.

2. A two tier approach to skins/accents.

The first tier is for RoR skins/accents. (and frankly all festival skins/accents though this particular festival, due its theme, tends to have most of the bloody/gore skins) This would be a slightly looser set of rules than now. To get away from zombies, allow healed wounds and bandages. No open huge wounds and maybe some small 'cuts' that are bloody. This is because Festival skins reach a much wider audience than custom ones. More people get more of these skins and thus they can be applied to more dragons.

This same tier could also be used for any coliseum or MP skin contests.

The Second tier is custom skins. This would have a much looser rules. No extreme gore, or eviscerated dragons etc.. but open wounds, blood, even *gasp* potential suffering. Also, religious symbolism and other things that are generally considered 'no-nos'

3. The last one is the simplest to do and that is to relax the current rules to be like my tier one approach, with the addition of religious symbolism etc..

Utilizing all three of these approaches, I think, would help the most as it would allow for much more relaxed rules, allowing custom makers more freedom, but on the flip side, users who dislike certain imagery would be able to avoid that without having to worry about seeing it on the random dragon, or "Show off your favorite dragon" type threads.

I believe that many places that allow custom content also have ways to block said content, so having a filter isn't a 'radical' idea. (though many don't always have many more options other than to block gore and substance use stuff)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-08-19 03:10:46] 2 years since this thread was posted and still no change which is really sad... [/quote] -looks at the date this was originally posted- oh my god you're right exactly 2 years And yet the admins/mods have not payed any attention to this thread, yet the issue keeps getting worse and worse. The user trying to submit that hellhoubd accent got it rejected for gore but it... doesn't really look too gorey? They were able to pull off the "red following energy" look imo but obviously the admins/mods/whatever (I use the two interchangeably) are too busy screaming "OH NO!!! RED!!!!!!!" to notice. Plus, when the user attempted to explain the fact that it was in fact energy (as it clearly was judging by the sparks and swirls) the mod COMPLETELY IGNORED THIS, and proceeded to explain the usual "gore reviewed on a case by case basis" and then proceeded to say that it was "Rejected for showing bleeding, exposed flesh" despite the user's explanation. When another user commented that they also saw that it was clearly energy and not flesh and blood, they too got the "case by case basis" lecture (do they just copy-paste that every time?) This "Case By Case" method of determining what is gore and what isn't is AGGRIVATING. There are NO SOLID RULES and NOTHING TO USE AS A REFERENCE. The Tag/Filter suggestion would be a great idea and I fully support it, as it would also benefit searching the AH if they added a "tag search" of some sort. However, I believe the idea of an actual more concrete set of rules for these issues like they have for rules such as drawing over lineart or removing the shadow layer. So, long story short, I HEAVILY SUPPORT this issue. It's been 2 years, Admins/Mods. Fix this.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-08-19:

-looks at the date this was originally posted- oh my god you're right exactly 2 years

And yet the admins/mods have not payed any attention to this thread, yet the issue keeps getting worse and worse. The user trying to submit that hellhoubd accent got it rejected for gore but it... doesn't really look too gorey? They were able to pull off the "red following energy" look imo but obviously the admins/mods/whatever (I use the two interchangeably) are too busy screaming "OH NO!!! RED!!!!!!!" to notice. Plus, when the user attempted to explain the fact that it was in fact energy (as it clearly was judging by the sparks and swirls) the mod COMPLETELY IGNORED THIS, and proceeded to explain the usual "gore reviewed on a case by case basis" and then proceeded to say that it was "Rejected for showing bleeding, exposed flesh" despite the user's explanation. When another user commented that they also saw that it was clearly energy and not flesh and blood, they too got the "case by case basis" lecture (do they just copy-paste that every time?)

This "Case By Case" method of determining what is gore and what isn't is AGGRIVATING. There are NO SOLID RULES and NOTHING TO USE AS A REFERENCE.

The Tag/Filter suggestion would be a great idea and I fully support it, as it would also benefit searching the AH if they added a "tag search" of some sort.

However, I believe the idea of an actual more concrete set of rules for these issues like they have for rules such as drawing over lineart or removing the shadow layer.

So, long story short, I HEAVILY SUPPORT this issue. It's been 2 years, Admins/Mods. Fix this.
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 81 82