Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Conductor [FR RP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 424 425
@AmnesiaDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39664758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/396648/39664758_350.png[/img] [/url] The plaza had long since emptied of all other life. It's cobblestone streets now dark and deserted, the light from the star-dotted and crescent-mooned sky doing little to brighten the night. A lone figure sat hunched to the side, long strands of fur fluttering with each breeze that whispered through the plaza. In her paws she clutched a flyer roughly, its corners torn from being ripped carlessly off the bulletin board next to her. A lantern hovered over her shoulder, casting light on both the paper and her breath, which bloomed white and icy from her lips. A finger trailed the inky words, lips soundlessly echoing them, her expression both intent and thoughtful. She'd sat here for hours, waited patiently for the night, yet even so she still hadn't decided: go, or stay? She didn't trust the mysterious "C.M," had heard stories of some returning and some not. It intrigued her, the adventure it could be. She could feel the wanderlust stirring, the yearning building into an ache that could only be soothed by a particular choice. But she might not even have the choice, as she could not properly follow the instructions. As she was always on the move, she had no residence to wait outside. The best she could do was wait where she'd found the flyer. She shifted her position, uncomfortable on the rough cobblestone. The chilly feel of it wasn't a problem - she was Ice, after all - but even after roughing it for...however long she had, she still was bothered by it. Less so than most, but more so than she thought she should. Mere minutes passed before she was fidgeting again. With a roll of her head she stretched her stiff neck. She flexed her toes and wondered just how much longer they'd take to arrive - if they arrived at all. The tundra wasn't sure when, but some point during all the waiting and stretching she had decided. If the Conducted arrived, she would go. If not, well, she didn't really have a choice then, did she?
@AmnesiaDragon

39664758_350.png

The plaza had long since emptied of all other life. It's cobblestone streets now dark and deserted, the light from the star-dotted and crescent-mooned sky doing little to brighten the night.

A lone figure sat hunched to the side, long strands of fur fluttering with each breeze that whispered through the plaza. In her paws she clutched a flyer roughly, its corners torn from being ripped carlessly off the bulletin board next to her.

A lantern hovered over her shoulder, casting light on both the paper and her breath, which bloomed white and icy from her lips. A finger trailed the inky words, lips soundlessly echoing them, her expression both intent and thoughtful.

She'd sat here for hours, waited patiently for the night, yet even so she still hadn't decided: go, or stay? She didn't trust the mysterious "C.M," had heard stories of some returning and some not. It intrigued her, the adventure it could be. She could feel the wanderlust stirring, the yearning building into an ache that could only be soothed by a particular choice.

But she might not even have the choice, as she could not properly follow the instructions. As she was always on the move, she had no residence to wait outside. The best she could do was wait where she'd found the flyer.

She shifted her position, uncomfortable on the rough cobblestone. The chilly feel of it wasn't a problem - she was Ice, after all - but even after roughing it for...however long she had, she still was bothered by it. Less so than most, but more so than she thought she should.

Mere minutes passed before she was fidgeting again. With a roll of her head she stretched her stiff neck. She flexed her toes and wondered just how much longer they'd take to arrive - if they arrived at all. The tundra wasn't sure when, but some point during all the waiting and stretching she had decided. If the Conducted arrived, she would go. If not, well, she didn't really have a choice then, did she?

X
X
loading.gif

X
X
[center]@NovaBorn As the contraption moved on, the area seemed to clear out a bit as the edge of the Tangled Wood began to meet the edge of The Sea of A Thousand Currents. The bumpiness substantially evened out here, and even though the contraption was clearly passing over a bit of a swampish area to the edge of a pool of water, it never sunk downward. As it stopped, the Conductor poked his head out from his cart, unable to get out since they were suspended directly above water. The form of a Spiral could be seen outside, their runes and scale colors hiding them among the few fungi that were adrift in the dark waters. She handed him the same flyer as Moon had, and the sound of the doorway just across from her opening echoed its way into her cart. The Spiral casually twisted their way into the contraption, and after a bit of fussing about the cape getting tangled around their body, the door had closed, and the contraption continued its path across the water, the moon still not visible even though there seemed to be no clouds in the sky, and no tree's to block the sky. Shortly afterwards, the Conductor's voice suddenly began to play over the hidden speakers in Moon's room. [b]"[color=red]Kaiba has taken residence in C-2. Please welcome our new member for the ride.[/color]"[/b]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40037361] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400374/40037361_350.png[/img] [/url]
@NovaBorn
As the contraption moved on, the area seemed to clear out a bit as the edge of the Tangled Wood began to meet the edge of The Sea of A Thousand Currents. The bumpiness substantially evened out here, and even though the contraption was clearly passing over a bit of a swampish area to the edge of a pool of water, it never sunk downward.

As it stopped, the Conductor poked his head out from his cart, unable to get out since they were suspended directly above water. The form of a Spiral could be seen outside, their runes and scale colors hiding them among the few fungi that were adrift in the dark waters. She handed him the same flyer as Moon had, and the sound of the doorway just across from her opening echoed its way into her cart. The Spiral casually twisted their way into the contraption, and after a bit of fussing about the cape getting tangled around their body, the door had closed, and the contraption continued its path across the water, the moon still not visible even though there seemed to be no clouds in the sky, and no tree's to block the sky.

Shortly afterwards, the Conductor's voice suddenly began to play over the hidden speakers in Moon's room.
"Kaiba has taken residence in C-2. Please welcome our new member for the ride.".

40037361_350.png
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
I need you, to destroy me
@AnonEclipse

As the night continued on, it seemed like the whole event was just a rumor that had overstayed its welcome. The night just longed on, and nothing happened. But right when any dragon who'd possess any kind of patient would consider leaving, a whistle went off in the distance, and quite a breeze of cold air suddenly began passing by the Tundra. It was soon accompanied by 2 long cracks spreading through the old marketplace's road, purple mist bellowing from deep inside the ground and reaching a max height of only a foot. It did spread out widely, and was shortly accompanied by a serpent-esc black metal contraption with the front that resembled a dragon's skull, but because of all the machine parts going along the sides, it was impossible to tell which breed specifically.

The contraption stopped just in front of the Tundra, and a large sum of the black metal disapeared from the front in a red glow as a Bogsneak began to step out. The Bogsneak was colored black and red, just like the train, and had both a magic-infused coat on with a scavenger's trophy on his right arm. He looked over the Tundra for a moment before opening his mouth to speak to her, saying
"I am The Conductor for this trip. Have you brought the flyer?"
@AnonEclipse

As the night continued on, it seemed like the whole event was just a rumor that had overstayed its welcome. The night just longed on, and nothing happened. But right when any dragon who'd possess any kind of patient would consider leaving, a whistle went off in the distance, and quite a breeze of cold air suddenly began passing by the Tundra. It was soon accompanied by 2 long cracks spreading through the old marketplace's road, purple mist bellowing from deep inside the ground and reaching a max height of only a foot. It did spread out widely, and was shortly accompanied by a serpent-esc black metal contraption with the front that resembled a dragon's skull, but because of all the machine parts going along the sides, it was impossible to tell which breed specifically.

The contraption stopped just in front of the Tundra, and a large sum of the black metal disapeared from the front in a red glow as a Bogsneak began to step out. The Bogsneak was colored black and red, just like the train, and had both a magic-infused coat on with a scavenger's trophy on his right arm. He looked over the Tundra for a moment before opening his mouth to speak to her, saying
"I am The Conductor for this trip. Have you brought the flyer?"
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
"Hello." Moon said, craning her neck around a seat/whatever to see the spiral. "So your Kaiba? I'm Moon." I hope that it doesn't get too crowded, but it does seem plenty roomy. Well, that answers my question if others are coming. (Delete this if it's like another contraption and stuff) She looked out the window at the other passanger that they had stopped for.
"Hello." Moon said, craning her neck around a seat/whatever to see the spiral. "So your Kaiba? I'm Moon." I hope that it doesn't get too crowded, but it does seem plenty roomy. Well, that answers my question if others are coming. (Delete this if it's like another contraption and stuff) She looked out the window at the other passanger that they had stopped for.
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@AmnesiaDragon [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/401427/40142625_350.png[/img] Vapor landed near the market place making his last delivery minutes ago. He saw the flyer and almost ripped it in half as her tore it off where it was posted. He read it quickly, his eyes almost skimming some parts. He whistled long and low. "Anywhere in the world? My kind of trip!" His wings flapped and he lifted himself in the air, he leisurely flew home watching the sun set. He landed infront of his den like home. He quickly went inside and stuffed his bags with dried fish and other various meals around his den. He put his goggles ontop of his head and galloped outside. He sat infront of his residency waiting. "Ooooh this is gonna be [i]fun[/i]!"
@AmnesiaDragon
40142625_350.png
Vapor landed near the market place making his last delivery minutes ago. He saw the flyer and almost ripped it in half as her tore it off where it was posted. He read it quickly, his eyes almost skimming some parts. He whistled long and low.
"Anywhere in the world? My kind of trip!"
His wings flapped and he lifted himself in the air, he leisurely flew home watching the sun set. He landed infront of his den like home. He quickly went inside and stuffed his bags with dried fish and other various meals around his den. He put his goggles ontop of his head and galloped outside. He sat infront of his residency waiting.
"Ooooh this is gonna be fun!"

Calypso

Callaina
Ansara
eh2.png Honey
Charybdis
Sebastian
small_female.png
shadow_rune_20.png
small_bonded.gif
ice_rune_20.png
Angel
Matcha
Babe
AlYFj1w.png Shiibe
Saturn
Hyacinth
pan_by_teeeal-dce64z9.png
polyamorous_by_teeeal-dcef60l.png
@NovaBorn
(There's separate rooms, but they're all connected by a door. You could speak to them through the windows if you wish.)
@NovaBorn
(There's separate rooms, but they're all connected by a door. You could speak to them through the windows if you wish.)
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
Great, and is this all the same like machine fore everyone?)
Edit for last post: Peeked into the doorway where (a sign?) said C-2
or
looking through the window and calling
Great, and is this all the same like machine fore everyone?)
Edit for last post: Peeked into the doorway where (a sign?) said C-2
or
looking through the window and calling
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@NovaBorn
(Yep. If you can excuse the slight delays when picking dragons up xD)

Kaiba was checking out the bedding his cart had to offer when he could hear another dragon across from her being a bit loud. She tilted her head a bit, curious as to who could of beaten her tonight to the first cart. It was obvious there had been someone there from the start, of the Conductor telling her to go to C-2, but now she could actually go and meet the dragon...

She went up to the doorway, and tried to open it for ease of access. It was unlocked, but did take a bit of force to get to creek open enough. Luckily, she was a Spiral, and could slip through the small gap and into the other room. She chose to curl up across the room from Moon, and stared at her with her contrasting red eyes to her blue body.
"So.. you're the one who got on board first?" She asked, twitching her tail a bit.
@NovaBorn
(Yep. If you can excuse the slight delays when picking dragons up xD)

Kaiba was checking out the bedding his cart had to offer when he could hear another dragon across from her being a bit loud. She tilted her head a bit, curious as to who could of beaten her tonight to the first cart. It was obvious there had been someone there from the start, of the Conductor telling her to go to C-2, but now she could actually go and meet the dragon...

She went up to the doorway, and tried to open it for ease of access. It was unlocked, but did take a bit of force to get to creek open enough. Luckily, she was a Spiral, and could slip through the small gap and into the other room. She chose to curl up across the room from Moon, and stared at her with her contrasting red eyes to her blue body.
"So.. you're the one who got on board first?" She asked, twitching her tail a bit.
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
[center]@FloofyDragon As the night dragged on, at some point, the moon had vanished from the sky. Everything was quite a bit darker than usual without it, and a somewhat unease fell over the area. A whistle signaled in the distance shortly afterwards, and the long cracks filled with purple stretched their way to the Coatl. Soon, the serpentine-esc black metal form of the contraption towered in the distance, making a stop in front of the Coatl. From the dragon-skull shaped front, a mass of black metal disapeared in a red glow, revealing a Bogsneak who shared the same colors as the train stepping out towards the Coatl. With his heavyweight, magic-infused coat, and scavenger's trophy, he looked down the Coatl for a moment, before opening his mouth to say, [b]"[color=red]I am the Conductor for this trip. Did you bring the flyer?[/color]"[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/198090/19808971p.png[/img]
@FloofyDragon

As the night dragged on, at some point, the moon had vanished from the sky. Everything was quite a bit darker than usual without it, and a somewhat unease fell over the area. A whistle signaled in the distance shortly afterwards, and the long cracks filled with purple stretched their way to the Coatl. Soon, the serpentine-esc black metal form of the contraption towered in the distance, making a stop in front of the Coatl. From the dragon-skull shaped front, a mass of black metal disapeared in a red glow, revealing a Bogsneak who shared the same colors as the train stepping out towards the Coatl. With his heavyweight, magic-infused coat, and scavenger's trophy, he looked down the Coatl for a moment, before opening his mouth to say,
"I am the Conductor for this trip. Did you bring the flyer?"
19808971p.png
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
@AmnesiaDragon
Vapor held out the flier in his claws, shaking
"Uhh, what is that thing? Is it like one of those things from...uhh..the thing from that..."
He was at a loss of words, so he just stared at the thing, wondering how it worked and why.
"That thing is safe, yes?"
@AmnesiaDragon
Vapor held out the flier in his claws, shaking
"Uhh, what is that thing? Is it like one of those things from...uhh..the thing from that..."
He was at a loss of words, so he just stared at the thing, wondering how it worked and why.
"That thing is safe, yes?"

Calypso

Callaina
Ansara
eh2.png Honey
Charybdis
Sebastian
small_female.png
shadow_rune_20.png
small_bonded.gif
ice_rune_20.png
Angel