Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PMD:EotW Lorebuilding, Concept Art (OOC)
1 2 3 4
This is the page for lorebuilding and concept art creation for the world of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the World. This is NOT the actual role-play.

@mewfangirl @dunno @spiderlondon @sablenite @aretimes @dracocantus @sh33pskin @bearclaws @spooderluna

If I missed any pings, please tell me, or ping them yourself.

Basically what we're doing here is creating the world of PMD:EotW. Whether through concept art of characters and possibly non-pokemon characters, or discussing whether or not we should include the Ultra Beasts in the role-play itself, or even building mythologies to be determined canon or non-canon by the creator, this thread is to give our RP a deeper setting and story, instead of just rushing in heels over head like some RPs do.

If you want to submit concept art, lore, or an idea, go ahead and post it on here. But everything has to be accepted by MewFanGirl before it can be considerered canon (at least I think that's how it works....).

(If I'm being a bit to direct or assertive about this, please let me know, MFG. I don't want to make things too difficult for you.)
This is the page for lorebuilding and concept art creation for the world of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the World. This is NOT the actual role-play.

@mewfangirl @dunno @spiderlondon @sablenite @aretimes @dracocantus @sh33pskin @bearclaws @spooderluna

If I missed any pings, please tell me, or ping them yourself.

Basically what we're doing here is creating the world of PMD:EotW. Whether through concept art of characters and possibly non-pokemon characters, or discussing whether or not we should include the Ultra Beasts in the role-play itself, or even building mythologies to be determined canon or non-canon by the creator, this thread is to give our RP a deeper setting and story, instead of just rushing in heels over head like some RPs do.

If you want to submit concept art, lore, or an idea, go ahead and post it on here. But everything has to be accepted by MewFanGirl before it can be considerered canon (at least I think that's how it works....).

(If I'm being a bit to direct or assertive about this, please let me know, MFG. I don't want to make things too difficult for you.)
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
Yeah, other than the basic map I have posted in the OOC thread, little layouts and visual cues for the towns, and a slight idea as to what the unmapped areas look like, everything is up in the air for interpretation by the RPers. :) Nice idea putting up a forum to gather them all together @Paravoina ! *thumbs up*

As to what to expect Mystery Dungeon wise as far as our current map is concerned, for each regional type of thing drawn in an area of the map had one to two mystery dungeons of that calibur in it. So, since half of our current RPer's characters are from Sabaku, I'll use that as the example. So, the town of Sabaku proper, is in the center of 3 desert area icons. This means, that for each of those sun icons, there could be anywhere from 3 to 6 mystery dungeons hanging out in there. Now, that's not to say that Sabaku is a smaller area than the rest, oh no. Deserts are huge, so it doesn't need as many icons to assert it's dominance on a drawn/drawn map. (And lets be honest here, everyone hated the Northern Dessert in Time/Darkness/Sky. Didn't want it to overbear our characters who weren't from there.)

If anyone has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^_^
Yeah, other than the basic map I have posted in the OOC thread, little layouts and visual cues for the towns, and a slight idea as to what the unmapped areas look like, everything is up in the air for interpretation by the RPers. :) Nice idea putting up a forum to gather them all together @Paravoina ! *thumbs up*

As to what to expect Mystery Dungeon wise as far as our current map is concerned, for each regional type of thing drawn in an area of the map had one to two mystery dungeons of that calibur in it. So, since half of our current RPer's characters are from Sabaku, I'll use that as the example. So, the town of Sabaku proper, is in the center of 3 desert area icons. This means, that for each of those sun icons, there could be anywhere from 3 to 6 mystery dungeons hanging out in there. Now, that's not to say that Sabaku is a smaller area than the rest, oh no. Deserts are huge, so it doesn't need as many icons to assert it's dominance on a drawn/drawn map. (And lets be honest here, everyone hated the Northern Dessert in Time/Darkness/Sky. Didn't want it to overbear our characters who weren't from there.)

If anyone has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^_^
I drew a fantastic Pokemon Sun and Moon picture if you would like to see.

PMD Explorers of the World! RP (Not currently accepting character apps.)
Yeah, the northern desert was a pain... especially when I played as an Electric type. That was one of my only deaths in that run of the game. It's ridiculous how gimmiky that place is. Ugh...

@mewfangirl
Yeah, the northern desert was a pain... especially when I played as an Electric type. That was one of my only deaths in that run of the game. It's ridiculous how gimmiky that place is. Ugh...

@mewfangirl
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I'm subbed, so no need to ping me. :)

But yeah, the Northern Desert is my least favorite Mystery Dungeon in the game. And that's saying something when you compare it to some of the ones that are in the future. (That might just be because my partner is always a fire-type, but still............)
I'm subbed, so no need to ping me. :)

But yeah, the Northern Desert is my least favorite Mystery Dungeon in the game. And that's saying something when you compare it to some of the ones that are in the future. (That might just be because my partner is always a fire-type, but still............)

@Pandacow Oh, you didn't get pinged over here because I forgot to update the pinglist last night....... @.@ Sorry.......
@Pandacow Oh, you didn't get pinged over here because I forgot to update the pinglist last night....... @.@ Sorry.......

~MewFanGirl

That's fine!

Also, is there going to be any linear plot, or are our characters are going to be stumbling along, just have adventures?

And how would mystery-dungeoning work?
~MewFanGirl

That's fine!

Also, is there going to be any linear plot, or are our characters are going to be stumbling along, just have adventures?

And how would mystery-dungeoning work?
Stumbling along with a bit of a linear plot to keep us on track, I hope
Stumbling along with a bit of a linear plot to keep us on track, I hope
@Pandacow I'll answer that over on the OOC thread.
@Pandacow I'll answer that over on the OOC thread.

Also, I can't draw for crap so the best I can do to describe Samurai is this:

Samurai is a mostly normal looking Oshawott- normal size but maybe just a bit chubbier from how much he just relaxes and doesn't exactly try to be active but there are a few signs to infer that he's fought before- a small scar on his tail, his shell is a bit worn and small cracks can be seen in places but besides that it's rather hard to tell. Most when they meet him just assume he can't fight or doesn't care about anything and he doesn't do anything to disregard that unless someone tries to harm his friends or him then he defends as hard as he can.
Also, I can't draw for crap so the best I can do to describe Samurai is this:

Samurai is a mostly normal looking Oshawott- normal size but maybe just a bit chubbier from how much he just relaxes and doesn't exactly try to be active but there are a few signs to infer that he's fought before- a small scar on his tail, his shell is a bit worn and small cracks can be seen in places but besides that it's rather hard to tell. Most when they meet him just assume he can't fight or doesn't care about anything and he doesn't do anything to disregard that unless someone tries to harm his friends or him then he defends as hard as he can.
I could hep with little concept art of the leaders/characters/other-special-lore-npc-or-event
Im not that good with the whole map designing thing @ w @
I could hep with little concept art of the leaders/characters/other-special-lore-npc-or-event
Im not that good with the whole map designing thing @ w @
h8IRLU8.gif
1 2 3 4