Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PMD: Explorers of the World RP (OOC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 85
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2194901]Link to the RP proper[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2195808]Link to our Lorebuilding forum[/url] courtesy of Paravoina ((5/31/17 We are no longer accepting character applications for a while. If you are interested in the RP still though, either ping me or drop me a pm, and I will place your name on the waiting pinglist, to let you know whenever we get an opening.)) This, is the current world map. There is more to the world obviously, but this is all that is mapped. What's beyond, is currently unmapped, and is only allowed to be mapped by the strongest of Explorers. [img]http://i.imgur.com/8KSEtgu.jpg[/img] You'll notice that each of the towns have a number on it. Now, that's not to say that it's the order that one travels to them in, they're simply placed on there for the convenience of being able to name the towns. The names of those towns, are as follows: 1.) Hajimari 2.) Shinrin 3.) Yukichiiki 4.) Sabaku [i](Not allowed to be chosen as a hometown anymore)[/i] 5.) Futsunoa 6.) Yukubo [i](Special permission needed to be allowed to choose this as a hometown)[/i] 7.) Sangaku 8.) Mizu-Suiiki 9.) Puren The town where we will begin our journey, is in Hajimari, where the fabled Gumshoos Guild is. The place where everyone in the charted lands go if they want to become an Explorer, and help in mapping the great beyond. Flyers from the famous Gumshoos guild, delivered by Pelippers were delivered to all the towns in the mapped territory about 3 days ago, saying that in 3 days time, they would take in possible new recruits for one day, to test them and see if they had what it took to begin training to become an Explorer. They would only be doing this for 1 day, so anyone that wanted to become an Explorer, better be there. That's just enough time for the pokemon at the very edges of the currently mapped territory, to pack up their bags if they had one, say goodbye to their loved ones, and then make their journey towards the guild. Otherwise, they would have to wait a whole nuther year to even try. Today is the day that they are taking in the new recruits, and if you aren't already there, you better be there by sunset, or you'll miss your chance to even try. Now, hopeful Explorer: state your species, gender (if you have a genderless pokemon, choose a gender for it), name (should you so choose to reveal it to us), where you're from, your starting level, your starting moves, your ability, and one item that you carried with you when you journeyed to the guild. (Item can be cosmetic, personally valuable, or useful). Telling us us your backstory and personality would also be welcome, but we here at The Gumshoos Guild understand if you wish to keep your privacy.
Link to the RP proper
Link to our Lorebuilding forum courtesy of Paravoina

((5/31/17 We are no longer accepting character applications for a while. If you are interested in the RP still though, either ping me or drop me a pm, and I will place your name on the waiting pinglist, to let you know whenever we get an opening.))

This, is the current world map. There is more to the world obviously, but this is all that is mapped. What's beyond, is currently unmapped, and is only allowed to be mapped by the strongest of Explorers.

8KSEtgu.jpg

You'll notice that each of the towns have a number on it. Now, that's not to say that it's the order that one travels to them in, they're simply placed on there for the convenience of being able to name the towns. The names of those towns, are as follows:
1.) Hajimari
2.) Shinrin
3.) Yukichiiki
4.) Sabaku (Not allowed to be chosen as a hometown anymore)
5.) Futsunoa
6.) Yukubo (Special permission needed to be allowed to choose this as a hometown)
7.) Sangaku
8.) Mizu-Suiiki
9.) Puren

The town where we will begin our journey, is in Hajimari, where the fabled Gumshoos Guild is. The place where everyone in the charted lands go if they want to become an Explorer, and help in mapping the great beyond.

Flyers from the famous Gumshoos guild, delivered by Pelippers were delivered to all the towns in the mapped territory about 3 days ago, saying that in 3 days time, they would take in possible new recruits for one day, to test them and see if they had what it took to begin training to become an Explorer. They would only be doing this for 1 day, so anyone that wanted to become an Explorer, better be there. That's just enough time for the pokemon at the very edges of the currently mapped territory, to pack up their bags if they had one, say goodbye to their loved ones, and then make their journey towards the guild. Otherwise, they would have to wait a whole nuther year to even try. Today is the day that they are taking in the new recruits, and if you aren't already there, you better be there by sunset, or you'll miss your chance to even try.

Now, hopeful Explorer: state your species, gender (if you have a genderless pokemon, choose a gender for it), name (should you so choose to reveal it to us), where you're from, your starting level, your starting moves, your ability, and one item that you carried with you when you journeyed to the guild. (Item can be cosmetic, personally valuable, or useful). Telling us us your backstory and personality would also be welcome, but we here at The Gumshoos Guild understand if you wish to keep your privacy.
I drew a fantastic Pokemon Sun and Moon picture if you would like to see.

PMD Explorers of the World! RP (Not currently accepting character apps.)
Whooo! Alright everyone, who's ready for some good ol Pokemon Mystery Dungeon role play?! Now, before we get started, there are a few things that must be said:

RULES: And please follow them, I don't want to have to be the stingy one to kick someone out from not.

1.) First and foremost, make sure that you don't break the Terms of Service while rp-ing here. That's not a good time for anybody.
2.)Be respectful, no godmodding, no powerplaying, no metagaming, no Mary Sue/Gary Stu's, stay active, blah, blah, blah, you've seen this all before I'm sure.

Here's where the ones actually important to this role play take effect.

3.) One character submission per person. There will be team ups later, and by everyone only having one character, this will allow new people to interact with everyone, have more fun, and (hopefully) make more friends! :D
4.) Romance is alright if you want to do it, just as long as it's okay with the other person, and nothing too........ *ahem*.... comes out of it.
5.) Only one pokemon in an evolution line will be allowed to be used. This is so that there's more variety, and we don't get 4 people playing the same species.
6.) All pokemon up to Generation 7 will be allowed to be used (no shinies though please!), however, legendary pokemon will not be allowed. SHOULD a legendary pokemon appear in the story, then it will be an NPC, and until further notice, all important NPC's will be controlled by me, since I am basically the Game Master. (If anyone has a problem with that, please feel free to PM me.)
7.) When choosing you starting moves and level, please keep in mind that they MUST be moves that the pokemon can learn by level up, a TM that they can learn, or is an egg move. If you have egg moves for your pokemon, you may only have one at any given time. If you wish to have more than one, then you must travel to the move relearner, and trade out the one you currently have, for the one you want. And then for the starting level, please choose something that is Level 10 or lower. Since this is a bunch of new recruits, they're going to be fresh off the block.
8.) For the starting towns, you don't have to say inside if the town proper, outside of it is okay. I have basic backgrounds for all of them, so upon you choosing your home area, I will PM you with a brief description about the town, so it doesn't seem like your characters are completely clueless. For plot reasons, no one is allowed to say anywhere near Town #6 Yukubo, unless I read your character's bio, and deem it correct for the kind of personalities that would come from there.
9.) I am perfectly fine if your characters have multi-post conversations. But if you do have one of these, try to make your post at least a paragraph long, and not just one sentence. (Maybe try to fluff up the extra space with what's going on around your characters.)
10.) After 10 days of inactivity on the RP-without havinv given prior warning-you will be kicked out of the RP. (If you let me know before your inactivity gap that you be gone for a while with a brief description as of why, Ex: vacation, family emergency, you will not be kicked out unless you are inactive for up to a month from when you have told me.)

(I might add more if I remember anything that I've forgotten. :) )
Whooo! Alright everyone, who's ready for some good ol Pokemon Mystery Dungeon role play?! Now, before we get started, there are a few things that must be said:

RULES: And please follow them, I don't want to have to be the stingy one to kick someone out from not.

1.) First and foremost, make sure that you don't break the Terms of Service while rp-ing here. That's not a good time for anybody.
2.)Be respectful, no godmodding, no powerplaying, no metagaming, no Mary Sue/Gary Stu's, stay active, blah, blah, blah, you've seen this all before I'm sure.

Here's where the ones actually important to this role play take effect.

3.) One character submission per person. There will be team ups later, and by everyone only having one character, this will allow new people to interact with everyone, have more fun, and (hopefully) make more friends! :D
4.) Romance is alright if you want to do it, just as long as it's okay with the other person, and nothing too........ *ahem*.... comes out of it.
5.) Only one pokemon in an evolution line will be allowed to be used. This is so that there's more variety, and we don't get 4 people playing the same species.
6.) All pokemon up to Generation 7 will be allowed to be used (no shinies though please!), however, legendary pokemon will not be allowed. SHOULD a legendary pokemon appear in the story, then it will be an NPC, and until further notice, all important NPC's will be controlled by me, since I am basically the Game Master. (If anyone has a problem with that, please feel free to PM me.)
7.) When choosing you starting moves and level, please keep in mind that they MUST be moves that the pokemon can learn by level up, a TM that they can learn, or is an egg move. If you have egg moves for your pokemon, you may only have one at any given time. If you wish to have more than one, then you must travel to the move relearner, and trade out the one you currently have, for the one you want. And then for the starting level, please choose something that is Level 10 or lower. Since this is a bunch of new recruits, they're going to be fresh off the block.
8.) For the starting towns, you don't have to say inside if the town proper, outside of it is okay. I have basic backgrounds for all of them, so upon you choosing your home area, I will PM you with a brief description about the town, so it doesn't seem like your characters are completely clueless. For plot reasons, no one is allowed to say anywhere near Town #6 Yukubo, unless I read your character's bio, and deem it correct for the kind of personalities that would come from there.
9.) I am perfectly fine if your characters have multi-post conversations. But if you do have one of these, try to make your post at least a paragraph long, and not just one sentence. (Maybe try to fluff up the extra space with what's going on around your characters.)
10.) After 10 days of inactivity on the RP-without havinv given prior warning-you will be kicked out of the RP. (If you let me know before your inactivity gap that you be gone for a while with a brief description as of why, Ex: vacation, family emergency, you will not be kicked out unless you are inactive for up to a month from when you have told me.)

(I might add more if I remember anything that I've forgotten. :) )

Alright, now that the nitty-gritty is over, let's get the character submission sheet in here! :D

Please use this form when you are submitting an application! It makes the process faster for me to check if it is correct, and allow to to be an official member of this role play!
Quote:
Username:
Species:
Name (optional):
Starting Level:
Starting Moves:
Ability:
Item (optional):
Personality (optional):
Backstory (optional):
Other (optional):
Alright, now that the nitty-gritty is over, let's get the character submission sheet in here! :D

Please use this form when you are submitting an application! It makes the process faster for me to check if it is correct, and allow to to be an official member of this role play!
Quote:
Username:
Species:
Name (optional):
Starting Level:
Starting Moves:
Ability:
Item (optional):
Personality (optional):
Backstory (optional):
Other (optional):

List of Pokemon that have already been taken, or are being reserved for someone else:

Eevee
Alolan Vulpix (reserved until further notice)
Bounsweet
Oshawott
Noibat
Litten
Charmander
Dratini
Mareep
Piplup
Growlithe
Salandit
Snivy
Chespin
Fennekin
Houndour
Poochyena
List of Pokemon that have already been taken, or are being reserved for someone else:

Eevee
Alolan Vulpix (reserved until further notice)
Bounsweet
Oshawott
Noibat
Litten
Charmander
Dratini
Mareep
Piplup
Growlithe
Salandit
Snivy
Chespin
Fennekin
Houndour
Poochyena

[center][u][i][b]Accepted Character Bios[/b][/i][/u] [i]For easy access for all to see! ^_^[/i][/center] [quote] [i][b]Username:[/b][/i] MewFanGirl [i][b]Species:[/b][/i] Eevee [i][b]Name (optional):[/b][/i] Emily [i][b]Gender:[/b][/i] Female [i][b]Origin Town:[/b][/i] Futsunoa [i][b]Starting Level:[/b][/i] 10 [i][b]Starting Moves:[/b][/i] Tackle, Tail Whip, Flail, Sand-Attack [i][b]Ability:[/b][/i] Adaptablility [i][b]Item (optional):[/b][/i] White ribbon-tied in a bow around her right ear [i][b]Personality (optional):[/b][/i] Fun, peppy, loves to bounce around, dreams of mapping the unknown [i][b]Backstory (optional):[/b][/i] The youngest of seven children, Emily lived with her parents and siblings. One by one, her siblings evolved, and moved to different parts of the charted map. Since then, everyone around her asked her which of her evolutions that she would become. Tired of being asked, and constantly compared to her evolved siblings, when the fliers arrived telling out the guild's yearly recruitment opportunity, she took it in a heartbeat. Barely even stopping to tell her parents goodbye before she left. [i][b]Other (optional):[/b] She does not like being reminded that her species is all about changing, and having access to the different possibilities. Should someone ask her what she hopes to evolve into, she will KINDLY, change the subject.[/i][/quote] [quote name="SpiderLondon" date=2017-05-23 12:52:55] [i][b]Username:[/b][/i] SpiderLondon [i][b]Species:[/b][/i] Oshawott [i][b]Name (optional):[/b][/i] Samurai [i][b]Gender:[/b][/i] Male [i][b]Origin Town:[/b][/i] Mizu-Suiiki [i][b]Starting Level:[/b][/i] 10 [i][b]Starting Moves:[/b][/i] Tackle, Water Gun, Air Slash, Tail Whip [i][b]Ability:[/b][/i] Shell Armor [i][b]Item (optional):[/b][/i] A light blue scarf that is tied around his neck. [i][b]Personality (optional):[/b][/i] (Bare bones so it's easy to change around) Samurai is almost always calm and relaxed with how everything is although he is down to Earth enough to understand how that not everything is perfect or there to be relaxing. When things get tough and he's forced to face others in battle or just sparring with others he will toughen up and become serious all while trying to win. He likes gaining experience through the fights but never wants to gain anything negative through them- especially enemies. [i][b]Backstory (optional):[/b][/i] N/A [i][b]Other (optional):[/b][/i] Have fun trying to get him out of the water whenever he goes into it.[/quote] [quote name="Sablenite" date=2017-05-23 13:33:32] [i][b]Username:[/b][/i] Sablenite [i][b]Species:[/b][/i] Noibat [i][b]Name:[/b][/i] Ysolda [i][b]Gender:[/b][/i] Female [i][b]Origin Town:[/b][/i] Sangaku [i][b]Starting Level:[/b][/i] 10 [i][b]Starting Moves:[/b][/i] Screech, Supersonic, Outrage, Absorb [i][b]Ability:[/b][/i] Infiltrator [i][b]Item:[/b][/i] A simple pair of glasses [i][b]Personality:[/b][/i] A total nerd. She loves to learn about the world around her; both physical and mythological. Her skills fall flat when it comes to social interaction, though. Try as she might, she finds it difficult to hold a conversation, and more often than not others don't talk to her for long. She possesses a mischievous streak and often retaliates against Pokémon that make fun of her in the form of practical jokes. [i][b]Backstory:[/b][/i] (I'm working on it!) [i][b]Other:[/b][/i] Suffers from horrible hayfever, and doesn't get along well with most Grass types as a result.[/quote] [quote name="Aretimes" date=2017-05-23 14:28:22] [s][i][b]Username:[/b][/i] Aretimes [i][b]Species:[/b][/i] Litten [i][b]Name:[/b][/i] Lyrica [i][b]Gender:[/b][/i] Female [i][b]Origin Town:[/b][/i] Sabaku [i][b]Starting Level:[/b][/i] 10 [i][b]Starting Moves:[/b][/i] Scratch, Ember, Growl, Lick. [i][b]Ability:[/b][/i] Blaze [i][b]Item:[/b][/i] A [url=http://my-live-01.slatic.net/p/6/tactical-desert-shemagh-arab-keffiyeh-neck-scarf-tan-0751-6452674-1-product.jpg]tan and brown scarf[/url], tied loosely around her neck. Doesn't seem to do anything. [i][b]Personality:[/b][/i] Lyrica is mostly rather quiet, preferring to listen and watch other Pokemon interact, then actually socialize herself. She's soft spoken and level headed, strangely calm, no matter what the situation. Some might see her completely unemotional, but Lyrica does show some expression. It's just very minimum. She enjoys fighting, but isn't reckless. She's good at picking out who's stronger then her, and chooses her targets carefully. She strikes without warning--seemingly without reason, sometimes--and is often prejudged because of her origins in Sabaku. She tries to not let it bother her. [i][b]Backstory:[/b][/i] Born into a rather large and wealthy family, Lyrica's siblings and cousins were mostly Littens, or pure Fire types at the least. Very early childhood was in the lap of luxray. She despised it. It was so dull, and drawling! At night, she would often escape out of her bedroom window and battle anyone on the street. Anyone. Got whooped many times, but she learned most of her opponents patterns and tactics, and managed to beat quite a few after a few years. Her father knew about these late night adventures, but the others didn't seem to really notice. When you live in such a large family, it's kinda hard to be seen when you're in the back of the room with a small sea of near-lookalikes scattered all over the place. And yet, father encouraged her! Lyrica was not surprised by his support, but thanked him for it never the less. But ah, when that flyer came... Lyrica saw her change for real action. Adventure, glory! But what would her family say? Mother would never allow it, but... father would. So, she went to him that night, telling him she wanted to join this Guild. He smiled and gave her his blessing, and a gift. An old, but untarnished scarf, one that he apparently wore when he was young. With her father's well wishes, and maybe a tear in her eye, Lyirca then set out for the guild. [i][b]Other:[/b][/i] Learned to play the Harp at a very young age. Was taught by her father. Enjoys playing, but doesn't usually do so around others. | Doesn't like to talk about her family, apart from her father. She usually only mentions him fleetingly, but doesn't harbor any hate for him. Quite the opposite, in fact. She holds him in high regard and speaks his name with nothing but love.[/s][/quote] [quote name="DracoCantus" date=2017-05-23 16:42:05] Username: DracoCantus Species: Charmander Name (optional): Makoto Gender: Female Origin Town: Sabaku Starting Level: lvl-10 Starting Moves: Ember, Scratch, Growl, Smokescreen Ability: Blaze Item (optional): Tiny glasses and a crimson scarf Personality (optional): calm and kinda quiet, one with her mind and a creative charmander. Makoto's really nervous when first meet someone, making her talk... a lot, When she's anxious or nervous she talks like a trained chatot about differents topic that came to her head, but at the end, she can very friendly to her friends. Backstory (optional):Born in the dessert area, Makoto was grateful of have such gentle and strong parents who taught how to survive in this cruel enviroment. Years passed, makoto was with her father recollecting berries for the dinner, but they where surprised by a sandstorm, her father knew that the sandstorm wasn't normal and hide makoto behind his back... Strongs "thumps" could be heared at the distance... It was a tyranitar who was claiming to be one of the strongest pokemon in the area, the tyranitar saw the charizard with his child and challenge him to a fight. Her father didn't want to fight, but he has to protect his child, and run away wasn't one of his options, he hide his daughter, telling her to stay there while he dealed with the tyranitar, but heck, he was a really aggressive one... The old charizard came back to home with a wounded eye and wing, he did his best win the fight and get his child out of the place safe and sound, but the sandstorm was too strong, she tried to help her father to fight but a amount of sand was throw to her eyes... Leaving her with a short sight range. Other (optional): -She has some scales in her face that looks like freckles -Even with a weakness like her sight and serene nature, Makoto was taught to fight to survive. [/quote] [quote name="Dunno" date=2017-05-23 18:00:09] [s]Username: Dunno Species: Dratini Name (optional): Rinai Gender: Male Origin Town: Puren Starting Level: 11 Starting Moves: Aqua Jet, Wrap, Thunder Wave, Twister Ability: Shed Skin Item (optional): Leftovers Personality (optional): N/A (Will put in soon enough.) Backstory (optional): N/A (Will put in soon enough.) Other (optional): N/A[/s][/quote] [quote name="sh33pskin" date=2017-05-23 18:13:56] [s]Username: sh33pskin Species: Mareep Name (optional): Ampere Gender: Female Origin Town: Sabaku Starting Level: 10 Starting Moves: Thundershock, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, Growl Ability: Static Item (optional): Yellow Scarf Personality (optional): i'll get to this soon Backstory (optional): and this too... Other (optional): and this. :)[/s][/quote] [quote name="Bearclaws" date=2017-05-24 11:37:34] [s]Username: Bearclaws (Might change, I will keep you guys updated!) Species: Piplup Name (optional): Pip (Full name is Piper) Gender: Male Origin Town: Mizu-Suiiki Starting Level: 8 ? Starting Moves: Bubble, Growl, Yawn, (Blank) (Are we able to use egg moves?) Ability: Torrent Item (optional): A [url=http://www.villagehatshop.com/photos/product/standard/4511390S387925/ivy-caps/cashmere-and-wool-plaid-ivy-cap.jpg]blue cabbie[/url] that doesn't seem to do anything along with an old [url=https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0183/7917/products/brown-military-messenger-bag-front-view_grande.jpg?v=1479242595]messenger bag[/url] that he proud boasts that it was his fathers'. Personality (optional): Ambitious, Proud, Quiet, and sometimes rather Timid Backstory (optional): Will updated later! Other (optional): Will update later![/s][/quote] [quote name="Paravoina" date=2017-05-23 17:40:47] Username:Paravoina Species: Bounsweet Name (optional): Boudes Gender: Female Origin Town: Sabaku Starting Level: 7 Starting Moves: Rapid Spin, Energy Ball, Grass Whistle (Egg Move), Play Nice Ability: Sweet Veil Item (optional): King's Rock Personality (optional): Boudes is a very entergetic Pokemon. Her nature is Adamant. She loves playing with other Pokemon, even predators. She often prefers peaceful solutions over violence, but is not afraid to fight if no other solution is readily avalible. She wears the King's Rock on her head around her stem. She really has no idea what the king's rock is, but she likes it anyways. Backstory (optional): She grew up in an oasis around Sabaku. She has much experience in mystery dungeons by playing with the wild Pokemon there. (That's about it. No edgy Backstory here, folks!) Other (optional): Boudes is a bit... Thick in the head. She doesn't get certain things, like why Pokemon drool around her (It's because of her smell.).[/quote] [quote name="SpooderLuna" date=2017-05-24 12:31:29] [s]Username: SpooderLuna Species: Growlithe Name (optional): Aki ( Female Japanese name meaning bright/fall/hope ) Gender: Female Origin Town: Sabaku Starting Level: 6 Starting Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, ( No fourth move yet ) Ability: Flash Fire Item (optional): Green bandanna Personality (optional): Aki tends to stray to the more shy side. She doesn't like talking with anyone and is more focused on her training and studies then anything else. Shes also a book worm. Reading is her life, she reads so many books in a month, but could tell you about every single one of them if you asked her. Spoilers and all. Backstory (optional): I'll fill this in later Other (optional):[/s][/quote] [quote name="Pandacow" date=2017-05-25 17:00:28] [s]Username: Pandacow Species: Salandit Name (optional): Soot Gender: Male Origin Town: Yukubo Starting Level: 7 Starting Moves: Knock Off (Egg Move), Ember, Posion Gas, Scratch Ability: Corrosive Item (optional): He wears a Dragon Scale in a small pouch on his neck. Personality (optional): Soot is usually stuck up and vain, or at least acting like it. He looks his snout down at other Pokémon, acting superior to others, espically ones from other towns. He prefers to be alone, and most people stay away from him (because really, who would want to be with him?). He isn't very flirty, although if he sees somebody he likes he'll try to flirt with them, but he often fails, epically. Then he'll usually run away and hide his face from the target from a month. He's been trying out pickpocketing as well, but he usually fails that, too. When he fails, he often is filled with shame, and tries to seperate himself from witnesses. Although he's doubtful of whether this tactic would work here... He tends to get embarrassed really quickly, and has a habit of making mountains of molehills, overblowing a situation that's actually quite simple in reality. Backstory (optional): Not going to reveal this because of their hometown >:3 Other (optional): He has a couple of pure white splotches on his stomach, and he often hides this. Slightly lighter eyes than normal[/s][/quote] [quote name="MrFattymccatcat" date=2017-05-27 06:00:12] Username: MrFattymccatcat Species: Chespin Name (optional): Castanea Gender: Female Origin Town: Shinrin Starting Level: 10 Starting Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Rollout, Synthesis Ability: overgrow Item (optional): Rose Incense Personality (optional): she very kind and always smiling, some people call her an air head or ditzy, but shes just optimistic and sharper than she lets on, she loves nature and children and will do everything in her power to protect the things she holds dear. she likes high places soothing as it reminds her of home. Backstory (optional): she keeps her mother's memento with her always (rose incense), her parents, a chesnaught and a roserade, were adventurers who went missing when she was very young. after they disappeared she was raised by a family friend, a jolly old emboar. he raised her well, they got along great, and she was thinking of being a teacher, but when she saw that flyer, it felt like a fire was ignited inside her. she knew this was fate, and left to become an adventurer like her parents. Other (optional): hobbies: put-pocketing: she enjoys slipping things into peoples pockets or bags. usually its candy or a nice note, anything she thinks will brighten someones day when they find it[/quote] [quote name="Lavendetta" date=2017-05-27 21:29:26] Username: Lavendetta Species: Fennekin Name: Otulissa Gender: Female {She/Her} Starting Level: 9 Starting Moves: Ember, Toxic, Scratch, Tail Whip Ability: Blaze Personality: Otulissa radiates an aura of grace. She keeps her head up high, a unique pep to her step and a faint smile on her face. Although not the most social, Otulissa is certainly not cold, as she is humble and speaks back to those who talk to her in the most polite way possible. Unsurprisingly, Otulissa has grown good at memorizing patterns and routes from her time in Shinrin, memorizing the forest. Despite her regal exterior, Otulissa definitely isn't afraid of a battle. She will not hesitate to defend herself or others if matters cannot be solved peacefully. She doesn't get cocky when fighting, never taunting or offending her opponent, simply fighting with a quiet grace she always has. Origin Town: Shinrin {Lived on the outskirts.} Backstory: Otulissa was born to two eager adventurers the same species as her. Her parents took various expeditions, bringing back treasures, food and all sorts of things. They never really settled down in one place, until the death of Otulissa's father. Her mother was devastated by the loss and quickly retired, deciding adventuring wouldn't be worth it if she couldn't do it with her beloved. She settled down with Otulissa near the outskirts of Shinrin. The forest was mundane. Although Otulissa didn't truly care, it was still boring, to say the least. She figured out almost every detail, the best berry spots, the tallest trees, the inhabitants of the town.. To pass her time, she would battle with other inhabitants of Shinrin, both sharpening her skills and theirs. She still wasn't content with this, and although not one asking for much, she desired something better than the forest. Once the flyer came around, her big break would come around at last. With a somewhat sad goodbye to her mother, a bag of stick bits and berries, she set off for adventure. Item: A white scarf around Otulissa's neck. It was brought back as a trinket from her parents' last adventure. Other: Speaks with what would be a moderate french accent. Although she has little control over her fire magic, Otulissa enjoys making small displays using ember.[/quote] [quote name="WhiteAqua" date=2017-05-28 13:02:26] Username: WhiteAqua Species: Snivy Name (optional): Alex Gender: Female Origin Town: Yukichiiki Starting Level: 10 Starting Moves: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, and Wrap Ability: Overgrow Item (optional): A white Lucky Ribbon around her neck in the shape of a bowtie. Personality (optional): Will show. Backstory (optional): Will tell. Other (optional): Sometimes wears Brass Steampunk Goggles(like my mama's boy derg Anduin) along with her Lucky Ribbon.[/quote] [quote name="DairenShiren" date=2017-05-29 20:45:47] Username: DairenShiren Species: Houndour Name: Marcel Gender: Male Origin Town: Shinrin Starting Level: 10 Starting moves: Thunderfang (eggmove), Ember, Howl, Smog Ability: Flash Fire Item: An odd silver pendent with what appears to be a Houndoom's head carved into it. Personality: A bit cynical in nature, and more than a happy helping of sarcasm, Marcel can be a bit rough around the edges. His stubborn attitude combined with a short temper turns him into a ticking time bomb of fangs and flames, yet his charisma and wit can pull him out of his own sticky situation faster than a sham can say "wow". To top it all off, the poor boy's got an ego. Despite the initial slap-in-the-face of a personality, though, Marcel can be a good companion. He's loyal, protective, and if you can see through all the 'tude, has a playful side. Backstory: Marcel is the oldest of a long ling of siblings... in an even longer line of proud canine-pokemon. Under a father who's leadership skills were seemingly unmatched and had grown to a master fighter, the boy had some large shoes to fill and many eyes watching. And he did his best to fill those shoes. Devoting all of his time to honing skills and taking charge wherever he could, it didn't take long for him to surpass even his much older cousins. Unfortunately, he liked one very simple yet crucial quality: modesty. As a result he was never looked upon as the greatest of his family's current generation. In an ironic twist of fate, that glory was given to the runt of the litter- his youngest brother Aaron. Suddenly years of training had dissipated into nothingness. Determined more than ever to prove his worth in the family line, Marcel turned to the Gumshoos Guild. Maybe there, he would achieve a new level greatness that would take him to the top dog. Others: Isn't he just charming?[/quote] [quote name="Petlover30" date=2017-05-30 19:02:51] [s]Username: Petlover30 Species: Poochyena Name (optional): Shannon Gender: Female Origin Town: Shinrin Starting Level: 10 Starting Moves: Howl, Bite, Sand Attack, and Tackle Ability: Quick Feet Item (optional): none Personality (optional): She's cheery and kind and likes playing around when she's not doing anything. Backstory (optional): Her brother was an explorer but retired and decided to become a teacher. She wanted to follow in his footsteps and try becoming one. Other (optional): Really likes pecha and oran berries.[/s][/quote]
Accepted Character Bios
For easy access for all to see! ^_^
Quote:
Username: MewFanGirl
Species: Eevee
Name (optional): Emily
Origin Town: Futsunoa
Starting Level: 10
Starting Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Flail, Sand-Attack
Ability: Adaptablility
Item (optional): White ribbon-tied in a bow around her right ear
Personality (optional): Fun, peppy, loves to bounce around, dreams of mapping the unknown
Backstory (optional): The youngest of seven children, Emily lived with her parents and siblings. One by one, her siblings evolved, and moved to different parts of the charted map. Since then, everyone around her asked her which of her evolutions that she would become. Tired of being asked, and constantly compared to her evolved siblings, when the fliers arrived telling out the guild's yearly recruitment opportunity, she took it in a heartbeat. Barely even stopping to tell her parents goodbye before she left.
Other (optional): She does not like being reminded that her species is all about changing, and having access to the different possibilities. Should someone ask her what she hopes to evolve into, she will KINDLY, change the subject.

SpiderLondon wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: SpiderLondon
Species: Oshawott
Name (optional): Samurai
Origin Town: Mizu-Suiiki
Starting Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, Air Slash, Tail Whip
Ability: Shell Armor
Item (optional): A light blue scarf that is tied around his neck.
Personality (optional): (Bare bones so it's easy to change around) Samurai is almost always calm and relaxed with how everything is although he is down to Earth enough to understand how that not everything is perfect or there to be relaxing. When things get tough and he's forced to face others in battle or just sparring with others he will toughen up and become serious all while trying to win. He likes gaining experience through the fights but never wants to gain anything negative through them- especially enemies.
Backstory (optional): N/A
Other (optional): Have fun trying to get him out of the water whenever he goes into it.

Sablenite wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: Sablenite
Species: Noibat
Name: Ysolda
Origin Town: Sangaku
Starting Moves: Screech, Supersonic, Outrage, Absorb
Ability: Infiltrator
Item: A simple pair of glasses
Personality: A total nerd. She loves to learn about the world around her; both physical and mythological. Her skills fall flat when it comes to social interaction, though. Try as she might, she finds it difficult to hold a conversation, and more often than not others don't talk to her for long. She possesses a mischievous streak and often retaliates against Pokémon that make fun of her in the form of practical jokes.
Backstory: (I'm working on it!)
Other: Suffers from horrible hayfever, and doesn't get along well with most Grass types as a result.

Aretimes wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: Aretimes
Species: Litten
Name: ******
Origin Town: Sabaku
Starting Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl, Lick.
Ability: Blaze
Item: A tan and brown scarf, tied loosely around her neck. Doesn't seem to do anything.
Personality: ****** is mostly rather quiet, preferring to listen and watch other Pokemon interact, then actually socialize herself. She's soft spoken and level headed, strangely calm, no matter what the situation. Some might see her completely unemotional, but ****** does show some expression. It's just very minimum. She enjoys fighting, but isn't reckless. She's good at picking out who's stronger then her, and chooses her targets carefully. She strikes without warning--seemingly without reason, sometimes--and is often prejudged because of her origins in Sabaku. She tries to not let it bother her.
Backstory: Born into a rather large and wealthy family, ******'s siblings and cousins were mostly Littens, or pure Fire types at the least. Very early childhood was in the lap of luxray. She despised it. It was so dull, and drawling! At night, she would often escape out of her bedroom window and battle anyone on the street. Anyone. Got whooped many times, but she learned most of her opponents patterns and tactics, and managed to beat quite a few after a few years.
Her father knew about these late night adventures, but the others didn't seem to really notice. When you live in such a large family, it's kinda hard to be seen when you're in the back of the room with a small sea of near-lookalikes scattered all over the place. And yet, father encouraged her! ****** was not surprised by his support, but thanked him for it never the less.
But ah, when that flyer came... ****** saw her change for real action. Adventure, glory! But what would her family say? Mother would never allow it, but... father would. So, she went to him that night, telling him she wanted to join this Guild. He smiled and gave her his blessing, and a gift. An old, but untarnished scarf, one that he apparently wore when he was young.
With her father's well wishes, and maybe a tear in her eye, Lyirca then set out for the guild.
Other: Learned to play the Harp at a very young age. Was taught by her father. Enjoys playing, but doesn't usually do so around others. | Doesn't like to talk about her family, apart from her father. She usually only mentions him fleetingly, but doesn't harbor any hate for him. Quite the opposite, in fact. She holds him in high regard and speaks his name with nothing but love.

DracoCantus wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: DracoCantus
Species: Charmander
Name (optional): Makoto
Starting Level: lvl-10
Starting Moves: Ember, Scratch, Growl, Smokescreen
Item (optional): Tiny glasses and a crimson scarf
Personality (optional): calm and kinda quiet, one with her mind and a creative charmander. Makoto's really nervous when first meet someone, making her talk... a lot, When she's anxious or nervous she talks like a trained chatot about differents topic that came to her head, but at the end, she can very friendly to her friends.
Backstory (optional):Born in the dessert area, Makoto was grateful of have such gentle and strong parents who taught how to survive in this cruel enviroment. Years passed, makoto was with her father recollecting berries for the dinner, but they where surprised by a sandstorm, her father knew that the sandstorm wasn't normal and hide makoto behind his back... Strongs "thumps" could be heared at the distance... It was a tyranitar who was claiming to be one of the strongest pokemon in the area, the tyranitar saw the charizard with his child and challenge him to a fight. Her father didn't want to fight, but he has to protect his child, and run away wasn't one of his options, he hide his daughter, telling her to stay there while he dealed with the tyranitar, but heck, he was a really aggressive one... The old charizard came back to home with a wounded eye and wing, he did his best win the fight and get his child out of the place safe and sound, but the sandstorm was too strong, she tried to help her father to fight but a amount of sand was throw to her eyes... Leaving her with a short sight range.
Other (optional): -She has some scales in her face that looks like freckles
-Even with a weakness like her sight and serene nature, Makoto was taught to fight to survive.

Dunno wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: Dunno
Species: Dratini
Name (optional): Rinai
Origin Town: Puren
Starting Level: 11
Starting Moves: Aqua Jet, Wrap, Thunder Wave, Twister
Ability: Shed Skin
Item (optional): Leftovers
Personality (optional): N/A (Will put in soon enough.)
Backstory (optional): N/A (Will put in soon enough.)
Other (optional): N/A

sh33pskin wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username: sh33pskin
Species: Mareep
Name (optional): Ampere
Starting Moves: Thundershock, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, Growl
Ability: Static
Item (optional): Yellow Scarf
Personality (optional): i'll get to this soon
Backstory (optional): and this too...
Other (optional): and this. :)

Bearclaws wrote on 2017-05-24:
Username: Bearclaws (Might change, I will keep you guys updated!)
Species: Piplup
Name (optional): Pip (Full name is Piper)
Starting Level: 8 ?
Starting Moves: Bubble, Growl, Yawn, (Blank) (Are we able to use egg moves?)
Ability: Torrent
Item (optional): A blue cabbie that doesn't seem to do anything along with an old messenger bag that he proud boasts that it was his fathers'.
Personality (optional): Ambitious, Proud, Quiet, and sometimes rather Timid
Backstory (optional): Will updated later!
Other (optional): Will update later!

Paravoina wrote on 2017-05-23:
Username:Paravoina
Species: Bounsweet
Name (optional): Boudes
Starting Level: 7
Starting Moves: Rapid Spin, Energy Ball, Grass Whistle (Egg Move), Play Nice
Ability: Sweet Veil
Item (optional): King's Rock
Personality (optional): Boudes is a very entergetic Pokemon. Her nature is Adamant. She loves playing with other Pokemon, even predators. She often prefers peaceful solutions over violence, but is not afraid to fight if no other solution is readily avalible. She wears the King's Rock on her head around her stem. She really has no idea what the king's rock is, but she likes it anyways.
Backstory (optional): She grew up in an oasis around Sabaku. She has much experience in mystery dungeons by playing with the wild Pokemon there. (That's about it. No edgy Backstory here, folks!)
Other (optional): Boudes is a bit... Thick in the head. She doesn't get certain things, like why Pokemon drool around her (It's because of her smell.).

SpooderLuna wrote on 2017-05-24:
Username: SpooderLuna
Species: Growlithe
Name (optional): Aki ( Female Japanese name meaning bright/fall/hope )
Starting Level: 6
Starting Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, ( No fourth move yet )
Ability: Flash Fire
Item (optional): Green bandanna
Personality (optional): Aki tends to stray to the more shy side. She doesn't like talking with anyone and is more focused on her training and studies then anything else. Shes also a book worm. Reading is her life, she reads so many books in a month, but could tell you about every single one of them if you asked her. Spoilers and all.
Backstory (optional): I'll fill this in later
Other (optional):

Pandacow wrote on 2017-05-25:
Username: Pandacow
Species: Salandit
Name (optional): Soot
Origin Town: Yukubo
Starting Level: 7
Starting Moves: Knock Off (Egg Move), Ember, Posion Gas, Scratch
Ability: Corrosive
Item (optional): He wears a Dragon Scale in a small pouch on his neck.
Personality (optional): Soot is usually stuck up and vain, or at least acting like it. He looks his snout down at other Pokémon, acting superior to others, espically ones from other towns.
He prefers to be alone, and most people stay away from him (because really, who would want to be with him?). He isn't very flirty, although if he sees somebody he likes he'll try to flirt with them, but he often fails, epically. Then he'll usually run away and hide his face from the target from a month. He's been trying out pickpocketing as well, but he usually fails that, too.
When he fails, he often is filled with shame, and tries to seperate himself from witnesses. Although he's doubtful of whether this tactic would work here... He tends to get embarrassed really quickly, and has a habit of making mountains of molehills, overblowing a situation that's actually quite simple in reality.
Backstory (optional): Not going to reveal this because of their hometown >:3
Other (optional): He has a couple of pure white splotches on his stomach, and he often hides this. Slightly lighter eyes than normal

MrFattymccatcat wrote on 2017-05-27:
Username: MrFattymccatcat
Species: Chespin
Name (optional): Castanea
Origin Town: Shinrin
Starting Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Rollout, Synthesis
Ability: overgrow
Item (optional): Rose Incense
Personality (optional): she very kind and always smiling, some people call her an air head or ditzy, but shes just optimistic and sharper than she lets on, she loves nature and children and will do everything in her power to protect the things she holds dear. she likes high places soothing as it reminds her of home.
Backstory (optional): she keeps her mother's memento with her always (rose incense), her parents, a chesnaught and a roserade, were adventurers who went missing when she was very young. after they disappeared she was raised by a family friend, a jolly old emboar. he raised her well, they got along great, and she was thinking of being a teacher, but when she saw that flyer, it felt like a fire was ignited inside her. she knew this was fate, and left to become an adventurer like her parents.
Other (optional): hobbies: put-pocketing: she enjoys slipping things into peoples pockets or bags. usually its candy or a nice note, anything she thinks will brighten someones day when they find it

Lavendetta wrote on 2017-05-27:
Username: Lavendetta
Species: Fennekin
Name: Otulissa
Starting Level: 9
Starting Moves: Ember, Toxic, Scratch, Tail Whip
Personality: Otulissa radiates an aura of grace. She keeps her head up high, a unique pep to her step and a faint smile on her face. Although not the most social, Otulissa is certainly not cold, as she is humble and speaks back to those who talk to her in the most polite way possible. Unsurprisingly, Otulissa has grown good at memorizing patterns and routes from her time in Shinrin, memorizing the forest. Despite her regal exterior, Otulissa definitely isn't afraid of a battle. She will not hesitate to defend herself or others if matters cannot be solved peacefully. She doesn't get cocky when fighting, never taunting or offending her opponent, simply fighting with a quiet grace she always has.
Origin Town: Shinrin {Lived on the outskirts.}
Backstory: Otulissa was born to two eager adventurers the same species as her. Her parents took various expeditions, bringing back treasures, food and all sorts of things. They never really settled down in one place, until the death of Otulissa's father. Her mother was devastated by the loss and quickly retired, deciding adventuring wouldn't be worth it if she couldn't do it with her beloved. She settled down with Otulissa near the outskirts of Shinrin. The forest was mundane. Although Otulissa didn't truly care, it was still boring, to say the least. She figured out almost every detail, the best berry spots, the tallest trees, the inhabitants of the town.. To pass her time, she would battle with other inhabitants of Shinrin, both sharpening her skills and theirs. She still wasn't content with this, and although not one asking for much, she desired something better than the forest. Once the flyer came around, her big break would come around at last. With a somewhat sad goodbye to her mother, a bag of stick bits and berries, she set off for adventure.
Item: A white scarf around Otulissa's neck. It was brought back as a trinket from her parents' last adventure.
Other: Speaks with what would be a moderate french accent. Although she has little control over her fire magic, Otulissa enjoys making small displays using ember.

WhiteAqua wrote on 2017-05-28:
Username: WhiteAqua
Species: Snivy
Name (optional): Alex
Origin Town: Yukichiiki
Starting Moves: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, and Wrap
Ability: Overgrow
Item (optional): A white Lucky Ribbon around her neck in the shape of a bowtie.
Personality (optional): Will show.
Backstory (optional): Will tell.
Other (optional): Sometimes wears Brass Steampunk Goggles(like my mama's boy derg Anduin) along with her Lucky Ribbon.

DairenShiren wrote on 2017-05-29:
Username: DairenShiren
Species: Houndour
Name: Marcel
Starting moves: Thunderfang (eggmove), Ember, Howl, Smog
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: An odd silver pendent with what appears to be a Houndoom's head carved into it.
Personality: A bit cynical in nature, and more than a happy helping of sarcasm, Marcel can be a bit rough around the edges. His stubborn attitude combined with a short temper turns him into a ticking time bomb of fangs and flames, yet his charisma and wit can pull him out of his own sticky situation faster than a sham can say "wow". To top it all off, the poor boy's got an ego. Despite the initial slap-in-the-face of a personality, though, Marcel can be a good companion. He's loyal, protective, and if you can see through all the 'tude, has a playful side.
Backstory: Marcel is the oldest of a long ling of siblings... in an even longer line of proud canine-pokemon. Under a father who's leadership skills were seemingly unmatched and had grown to a master fighter, the boy had some large shoes to fill and many eyes watching. And he did his best to fill those shoes. Devoting all of his time to honing skills and taking charge wherever he could, it didn't take long for him to surpass even his much older cousins. Unfortunately, he liked one very simple yet crucial quality: modesty. As a result he was never looked upon as the greatest of his family's current generation. In an ironic twist of fate, that glory was given to the runt of the litter- his youngest brother Aaron. Suddenly years of training had dissipated into nothingness. Determined more than ever to prove his worth in the family line, Marcel turned to the Gumshoos Guild. Maybe there, he would achieve a new level greatness that would take him to the top dog.
Others: Isn't he just charming?

Petlover30 wrote on 2017-05-30:
Username: Petlover30
Species: Poochyena
Name (optional): Shannon
Starting Moves: Howl, Bite, Sand Attack, and Tackle
Ability: Quick Feet
Item (optional): none
Personality (optional): She's cheery and kind and likes playing around when she's not doing anything.
Backstory (optional): Her brother was an explorer but retired and decided to become a teacher. She wanted to follow in his footsteps and try becoming one.
Other (optional): Really likes pecha and oran berries.

Pinglist

@MewFanGirl @Bearclaws @sh33pskin @Paravoina @Sablenite @SpiderLondon @Aretimes @DracoCantus @Dunno @SpooderLuna @Pandacow @MrFattymccatcat @Lavendetta @WhiteAqua @DairenShiren @Petlover30
Pinglist

@MewFanGirl @Bearclaws @sh33pskin @Paravoina @Sablenite @SpiderLondon @Aretimes @DracoCantus @Dunno @SpooderLuna @Pandacow @MrFattymccatcat @Lavendetta @WhiteAqua @DairenShiren @Petlover30

Quote:
Personality (optional): Fun, peppy, loves to bounce around, dreams of mapping the unknown
Backstory (optional): The youngest of seven children, Emily lived with her parents and siblings. One by one, her siblings evolved, and moved to different parts of the charted map. Since then, everyone around her asked her which of her evolutions that she would become. Tired of being asked, and constantly compared to her evolved siblings, when the fliers arrived telling out the guild's yearly recruitment opportunity, she took it in a heartbeat. Barely even stopping to tell her parents goodbye before she left.
Other (optional): She does not like being reminded that her species is all about changing, and having access to the different possibilities. Should someone ask her what she hopes to evolve into, she will KINDLY, change the subject.
Quote:

Just a heads up guys, I'm gonna wait a few days before actually starting the RP, so we can get some nice submissions in. ^_^
Just a heads up guys, I'm gonna wait a few days before actually starting the RP, so we can get some nice submissions in. ^_^

@MewFanGirl (I forgot to ping)

Starting Moves:
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Air Slash
-Tail Whip
Personality (optional): (Bare bones so it's easy to change around) Samurai is almost always calm and relaxed with how everything is although he is down to Earth enough to understand how that not everything is perfect or there to be relaxing. When things get tough and he's forced to face others in battle or just sparring with others he will toughen up and become serious all while trying to win. He likes gaining experience through the fights but never wants to gain anything negative through them- especially enemies.
Other (optional): Have fun trying to get him out of the water whenever he goes into it.
@MewFanGirl (I forgot to ping)

Starting Moves:
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Air Slash
-Tail Whip
Personality: A total nerd. She loves to learn about the world around her; both physical and mythological. Her skills fall flat when it comes to social interaction, though. Try as she might, she finds it difficult to hold a conversation, and more often than not others don't talk to her for long. She possesses a mischievous streak and often retaliates against Pokémon that make fun of her in the form of practical jokes.
Other: Suffers from horrible hayfever, and doesn't get along well with most Grass types as a result.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 85