Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][font=Copperplate][size=7] HANSON ALISTER [/size][size=3]A.K.A. Han or Cuffs[/size] [/font][/center] [font=Copperplate][size=5] [b]Age:[/b] 26 [b]Gender:[/b] male [b]Species:[/b] Fallen Angel [center]IMAGEHERE[/center] [font=Copperplate][size=5] [b]Personality:[/b] Han is the definition of a thief. Of a trouble maker. Of a gangster. Of everything that's self centered and causes trouble. He taken to the art of survival and in the human world his form of survival isn't a welcomed one. Leader of a local gang it's not uncommon for shops to have a smaller inventory the next morning or for new splatters of blood to be found in some of the various allyways. Being an archangel, hiding amongst humans he's mastered the ability to be multiple people. Able to travel distances he's positioned himself as the leader of a handful of gangs, all in various locations for various reasons. He's headstrong, more so than should be allowed in an individual. He's known for getting what he wans, and won't stop until he succeeds. [center]IMAGEHERE[/center] [font=Copperplate][size=5] [b]Likes:[/b] [b]Dislikes:[/b] [b]Strengths:[/b] [b]Weaknesses:[/b] [b]Other:[/b] [b]Pictures/Description:[/b] Han can easily be described as handsome, with a scar running down the right hand side of his face. His hair is a light blonde though it'd be safer to consider the color a white that's unnatural for his age. His hair is long, tied back from his face, as the custom from his home land. Two silver cuffs adorn his wrists, their purpose now broken, but he still wears the pieces regardless to remind him of the oppression they had once commanded. A pendant with a dragon decorating the front hangs around his neck, tucked under his shirt to hide it from wandering and greedy eyes. His tools of the trade are small daggers and knives, prefering a small blade any day of the week. His charming looks and mechivious manner encourage the flirtatious manner he has with what seems to be any woman. And obviously, just add some black wings. [center] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f3/b2/d1/f3b2d15573accbe842a6577be08b4274.jpg[/img] [img]http://pre02.deviantart.net/c1bb/th/pre/f/2014/046/0/d/han_alister_by_therookiecookie-d76o6e7.jpg[/img] [img]http://pre04.deviantart.net/d036/th/pre/f/2012/136/2/b/han_sketch_3_by_bookaholic5-d500r1w.jpg[/img] [/center]

HANSON ALISTER
A.K.A. Han or Cuffs

Species: Fallen Angel

IMAGEHERE

Personality:

Han is the definition of a thief. Of a trouble maker. Of a gangster. Of everything that's self centered and causes trouble. He taken to the art of survival and in the human world his form of survival isn't a welcomed one. Leader of a local gang it's not uncommon for shops to have a smaller inventory the next morning or for new splatters of blood to be found in some of the various allyways. Being an archangel, hiding amongst humans he's mastered the ability to be multiple people. Able to travel distances he's positioned himself as the leader of a handful of gangs, all in various locations for various reasons. He's headstrong, more so than should be allowed in an individual. He's known for getting what he wans, and won't stop until he succeeds.

IMAGEHERE

Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Other:

Pictures/Description: Han can easily be described as handsome, with a scar running down the right hand side of his face. His hair is a light blonde though it'd be safer to consider the color a white that's unnatural for his age. His hair is long, tied back from his face, as the custom from his home land. Two silver cuffs adorn his wrists, their purpose now broken, but he still wears the pieces regardless to remind him of the oppression they had once commanded. A pendant with a dragon decorating the front hangs around his neck, tucked under his shirt to hide it from wandering and greedy eyes. His tools of the trade are small daggers and knives, prefering a small blade any day of the week. His charming looks and mechivious manner encourage the flirtatious manner he has with what seems to be any woman. And obviously, just add some black wings.

f3b2d15573accbe842a6577be08b4274.jpg
han_alister_by_therookiecookie-d76o6e7.jpg
han_sketch_3_by_bookaholic5-d500r1w.jpg
8d7o509.png
I promise to find better pictures of Han. T.T And Cara is fine.... I can add that to her list, lol.

Oh. Beautiful Creatures. I think I started reading the first book but I could never get into the series. This was years ago though. :( But I understand what you're talking about.

Okay, well if you are able to get a post up that'd be great. I have to crash now if I'm going to wake up in the morning lol. I'll be sure to post in the morning though. ~
I promise to find better pictures of Han. T.T And Cara is fine.... I can add that to her list, lol.

Oh. Beautiful Creatures. I think I started reading the first book but I could never get into the series. This was years ago though. :( But I understand what you're talking about.

Okay, well if you are able to get a post up that'd be great. I have to crash now if I'm going to wake up in the morning lol. I'll be sure to post in the morning though. ~
8d7o509.png
That's totally okay, I get the gist ;3 His personality reminds me of someone Sparky played off of in another RP, so I'm mentally preparing myself to go down that road again (at least somewhat, I know this will be different). And woo!

That's okay, the book was honestly slower in the beginning but got better as it went on. And Ridley just drew me in like WHOA. I adore her as a character :3

Alright! I'll be up for a bit longer so I'll try to knock something out about her getting ready for the date. For now, I'll have her interacting with Sparky, probably in Sparky's apartment (since Sparky isn't an angel anymore) and getting ready. Eli is...either there, or scaring off whoever it was she was going to go out with. But get some rest! Things will really start up tomorrow ;3
That's totally okay, I get the gist ;3 His personality reminds me of someone Sparky played off of in another RP, so I'm mentally preparing myself to go down that road again (at least somewhat, I know this will be different). And woo!

That's okay, the book was honestly slower in the beginning but got better as it went on. And Ridley just drew me in like WHOA. I adore her as a character :3

Alright! I'll be up for a bit longer so I'll try to knock something out about her getting ready for the date. For now, I'll have her interacting with Sparky, probably in Sparky's apartment (since Sparky isn't an angel anymore) and getting ready. Eli is...either there, or scaring off whoever it was she was going to go out with. But get some rest! Things will really start up tomorrow ;3
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
[ Eve is the nice girl-next-door who's always hopeful, Sparky is the serial flirter because she got her heart broken. Well. Didn't know where this was going when I wrote it aha If there's anything you want to change, let me know and I'll edit this tomorrow ;3 And this isn't necessarily the BEST I've ever done, but hey it's late and yeah here we go! ]

“Do you really think this is a good idea?”
Eve looked up at the sound of her sister’s voice, her hands pausing in her hair. She was in the process of straightening her high ponytail and giving herself an overall check in the bathroom mirror of Sparky’s apartment; the ponytail had become a standard hairstyle for her dates as she had an awful tendency of hiding behind her hair if it was left down. A quiet grumble escaped her throat at the irony of her sister coaching her on what was considered a good or bad idea, which, when coupled with Eve’s nerves about going on yet another first date, put Eve very much not in the mood for her life choices to be called into question.
It wasn’t as though Eve were the fallen angel in the room.
“Why isn’t it?” she demanded, biting her lower lip as she finally centered her pitch-black ponytail on the crown of her head. “I’m rather not interested in hearing how dating humans isn’t a good idea for the millionth time.” She sighed, scrunching her eyes shut for a second, before adding under her breath, “It’s not like it’ll go past a few dates anyway.”
Eve couldn’t explain it, but her past experiences with dating had gone far from well. Every time she thought she’d found someone who would last a while, something came up: an ex-girlfriend came back into the picture, their career magically took off, they had to move across the country to care for a dying parent… That last one had to have been a lie, as Eve had still seen that particular man around the town every now and again. Considering she was something of the “stereotypical good girl,” (as Sparky put it) shouldn’t she have a better track record? Shouldn’t she be the kind that people wanted to keep around?
Did it have anything to do with the fact that she wasn’t human? Could they sense it on her, her ‘otherness’? They certainly couldn’t see her wings, so it couldn’t be that. She lacked the typical blonde hair associated with angels, so that wouldn’t raise flags.
Maybe she just wasn’t that interesting, she was too safe…
Eve wouldn’t be surprised if that had something to do with it, as Sparky seemed to have absolutely no problems getting men to fawn over her. Then again, Sparky was shielded with sarcasm and a careless disposition while simultaneously being sheathed in tight jeans and (usually) black stilettoes. She had bad idea written all over her, she caused countless breakups, she broke numerous hearts when those stupid enough to leave their girlfriend or wife for her came crawling to her.
The moment the cat caught the mouse was the moment the cat lost interest.
If Eve thought about it that way, perhaps she needed to be a better mouse. Entertain the chase more, not be such an open and honest book. Paint her eyelids with smoky eyeshadow and step into a pair of those heels-
“I just don’t want to see my baby sister hurt for the millionth time by some low-life human,” Sparky chimed, pulling Eve from her thoughts. Sparky was leaning against the bathroom door jamb, all legs and leather and crazy flaming hair, her expression shockingly…caring. “I’d even rather see you marry Mitch than watch you get your hopes up over yet another dude that isn’t going to work out. Didn’t the last one ditch in the middle of your movie?”
“He said he-“
“-came down with food poisoning, please.” Sparky scoffed, waving a hand dismissively. “You’re too naïve, Eve. Too nice. These jerks walk all over you, and I’m tired of it.”
Eve sighed, lowering her arms back to her sides, thinking over her sister’s prior comment, the one about Eli and the insinuation of their promise. Back when they’d been all of fifteen and neither of them had had any relationship whatsoever, they’d promised to one another that they’d marry each other when they were both twenty-five. That, naturally, meant waiting for Eve to hit that number as she was a bit younger, but you got the general idea. She’d gone with it then, thinking of it as some backup plan if absolutely everything else fell through, never once considering it where she’d actually end up. Yes, she adored Eli but that affection was more in the context of him being an older brother to her, not someone she could see herself “growing old” with. But if yet another of her dates went badly, Eve might just end up resigning herself to taking Eli’s last name.
Mom and Dad would be happy, he came from a good family. He was an angel. Literally.
“Just…let me go mess up this one last time, alright?” Eve said, folding her arms over her chest. Which wrinkled the front of her flowy blue shirt, which she immediately had to flatten back out. “This one seemed really nice the other day in the coffee shop, I want to give him a chance.”
“Can I give him something decidedly less pleasant when he hurts you?” Sparky growled in response, a surprisingly threatening sound from someone dressed the way she was.
“Fine, fine-“ Eve caught sight of the clock hanging on the living room wall over Sparky’s shoulder. “-but I’m going to be late if I don’t get down there; the rest of your parenting lecture can wait until later!” She blew past her older sister, glamoring over her sparkling white wings to hide them from view as she snatched up her cozy gray sweater from the arm of the couch. She quickly called “I’ll be back by ten!” over her shoulder as she beelined for the door.

“Your obsession with humans fascinates me,” Sparky mumbled to herself as the door swung shut behind Eve. She somewhat understood it, having once experienced a fantastic, consuming affection for one herself, but that had led down an awful path that sent her into doing some types of magic that she shouldn’t have and she’d lost her white wings. A glance into the mirror reminded her of the inky black ones she now possessed.
All for trying to save a human. Her human. So many regrets…
That’s why she was so against Eve actually trying to find companionship among humans. They were so much more delicate, and their lifespan shorter; did Eve really want to try to love someone that she could outlive by decades? Did Eve want to put herself in the position that Sparky had, where she either watched her life die or she lost her wings? Sparky was all for playing with humans, enjoying their quick-burning flames, but one should always pull back before there was a chance of being burned.
But, for the time being, there was nothing Sparky could do.
That is, until her phone chimed from her back pocket. Slipping it out, she found a message from yet another of her vastly varied admirers, one who hadn’t quite entirely succumbed to her charms. Goodness knew he’d be gone when he did. Sure, I’m up for some drinks and games of pool; I’ll meet you there in twenty?
Men were always surprised at how quickly she was ready to go. How could none of them realize that she was always ready to swing onto the next one?
[ Eve is the nice girl-next-door who's always hopeful, Sparky is the serial flirter because she got her heart broken. Well. Didn't know where this was going when I wrote it aha If there's anything you want to change, let me know and I'll edit this tomorrow ;3 And this isn't necessarily the BEST I've ever done, but hey it's late and yeah here we go! ]

“Do you really think this is a good idea?”
Eve looked up at the sound of her sister’s voice, her hands pausing in her hair. She was in the process of straightening her high ponytail and giving herself an overall check in the bathroom mirror of Sparky’s apartment; the ponytail had become a standard hairstyle for her dates as she had an awful tendency of hiding behind her hair if it was left down. A quiet grumble escaped her throat at the irony of her sister coaching her on what was considered a good or bad idea, which, when coupled with Eve’s nerves about going on yet another first date, put Eve very much not in the mood for her life choices to be called into question.
It wasn’t as though Eve were the fallen angel in the room.
“Why isn’t it?” she demanded, biting her lower lip as she finally centered her pitch-black ponytail on the crown of her head. “I’m rather not interested in hearing how dating humans isn’t a good idea for the millionth time.” She sighed, scrunching her eyes shut for a second, before adding under her breath, “It’s not like it’ll go past a few dates anyway.”
Eve couldn’t explain it, but her past experiences with dating had gone far from well. Every time she thought she’d found someone who would last a while, something came up: an ex-girlfriend came back into the picture, their career magically took off, they had to move across the country to care for a dying parent… That last one had to have been a lie, as Eve had still seen that particular man around the town every now and again. Considering she was something of the “stereotypical good girl,” (as Sparky put it) shouldn’t she have a better track record? Shouldn’t she be the kind that people wanted to keep around?
Did it have anything to do with the fact that she wasn’t human? Could they sense it on her, her ‘otherness’? They certainly couldn’t see her wings, so it couldn’t be that. She lacked the typical blonde hair associated with angels, so that wouldn’t raise flags.
Maybe she just wasn’t that interesting, she was too safe…
Eve wouldn’t be surprised if that had something to do with it, as Sparky seemed to have absolutely no problems getting men to fawn over her. Then again, Sparky was shielded with sarcasm and a careless disposition while simultaneously being sheathed in tight jeans and (usually) black stilettoes. She had bad idea written all over her, she caused countless breakups, she broke numerous hearts when those stupid enough to leave their girlfriend or wife for her came crawling to her.
The moment the cat caught the mouse was the moment the cat lost interest.
If Eve thought about it that way, perhaps she needed to be a better mouse. Entertain the chase more, not be such an open and honest book. Paint her eyelids with smoky eyeshadow and step into a pair of those heels-
“I just don’t want to see my baby sister hurt for the millionth time by some low-life human,” Sparky chimed, pulling Eve from her thoughts. Sparky was leaning against the bathroom door jamb, all legs and leather and crazy flaming hair, her expression shockingly…caring. “I’d even rather see you marry Mitch than watch you get your hopes up over yet another dude that isn’t going to work out. Didn’t the last one ditch in the middle of your movie?”
“He said he-“
“-came down with food poisoning, please.” Sparky scoffed, waving a hand dismissively. “You’re too naïve, Eve. Too nice. These jerks walk all over you, and I’m tired of it.”
Eve sighed, lowering her arms back to her sides, thinking over her sister’s prior comment, the one about Eli and the insinuation of their promise. Back when they’d been all of fifteen and neither of them had had any relationship whatsoever, they’d promised to one another that they’d marry each other when they were both twenty-five. That, naturally, meant waiting for Eve to hit that number as she was a bit younger, but you got the general idea. She’d gone with it then, thinking of it as some backup plan if absolutely everything else fell through, never once considering it where she’d actually end up. Yes, she adored Eli but that affection was more in the context of him being an older brother to her, not someone she could see herself “growing old” with. But if yet another of her dates went badly, Eve might just end up resigning herself to taking Eli’s last name.
Mom and Dad would be happy, he came from a good family. He was an angel. Literally.
“Just…let me go mess up this one last time, alright?” Eve said, folding her arms over her chest. Which wrinkled the front of her flowy blue shirt, which she immediately had to flatten back out. “This one seemed really nice the other day in the coffee shop, I want to give him a chance.”
“Can I give him something decidedly less pleasant when he hurts you?” Sparky growled in response, a surprisingly threatening sound from someone dressed the way she was.
“Fine, fine-“ Eve caught sight of the clock hanging on the living room wall over Sparky’s shoulder. “-but I’m going to be late if I don’t get down there; the rest of your parenting lecture can wait until later!” She blew past her older sister, glamoring over her sparkling white wings to hide them from view as she snatched up her cozy gray sweater from the arm of the couch. She quickly called “I’ll be back by ten!” over her shoulder as she beelined for the door.

“Your obsession with humans fascinates me,” Sparky mumbled to herself as the door swung shut behind Eve. She somewhat understood it, having once experienced a fantastic, consuming affection for one herself, but that had led down an awful path that sent her into doing some types of magic that she shouldn’t have and she’d lost her white wings. A glance into the mirror reminded her of the inky black ones she now possessed.
All for trying to save a human. Her human. So many regrets…
That’s why she was so against Eve actually trying to find companionship among humans. They were so much more delicate, and their lifespan shorter; did Eve really want to try to love someone that she could outlive by decades? Did Eve want to put herself in the position that Sparky had, where she either watched her life die or she lost her wings? Sparky was all for playing with humans, enjoying their quick-burning flames, but one should always pull back before there was a chance of being burned.
But, for the time being, there was nothing Sparky could do.
That is, until her phone chimed from her back pocket. Slipping it out, she found a message from yet another of her vastly varied admirers, one who hadn’t quite entirely succumbed to her charms. Goodness knew he’d be gone when he did. Sure, I’m up for some drinks and games of pool; I’ll meet you there in twenty?
Men were always surprised at how quickly she was ready to go. How could none of them realize that she was always ready to swing onto the next one?
( It's perfect ^.^ I'm so sorry mine's so short. )

Dimitri was having himself another night on the town, another night of being something he would never be. His glamour protected himself from the humans and also any angels lurking around. You could never tell who was an angel or who was a mere human. Granted, after spending time with them or whatever ou were bound to see the signs but he'd never had the time to make friends and figure out what they were. Therefore it was easier to just assume that everyone around him was an agel and would try to find ways to either run him off or further punish him for whatever his wrong-doing had been.

He had handled some business prior to this point, the pay was fine, cash was always something he couldn't get enough of. A job was too constrainting but with the help of a friend or so he was willing to take on odd and various jobs so long as the pay was something worthwhile. If someone wanted it done they had to pay in one form or another. The job had been a piece of cake, but the amount of pay he'd recieved was a little odd for the task. Regardless he knew the extensive amount paid for both the completed job and his silence. It wasn't often uncommon for that to happen, the person just needed to afford it and whoever had reached out to him with the job obviously had loads of it.

While he walked along the streets admist the human population, groups of friends, couples, families, people on their way home from work, he could never forget that he was different. His dark, glossy wings were folded and tucked against his back, the action was a habitual one. No one could see his true apperance. He looked like another other guy in this city. With a rouge, yet handsome face his black hair was always swept slightly to the side, witht he edges hanging over his forehead. An edgy look as the humans called it. It wasn't uncommon for it to look wind blown, the explaination for that was that he'd been on his motorcycle which was true in many, but not all, cases. A simple white T-shirt, dark jeans, his signiture leather jacket, and a pair of typical biker boots made up his casual apperance. For the moment he was indesisive about how to spend his night. Visiting another resturant sounded like a fabulous idea. He enjoyed trying new foods and places as much as he enjoyed cooking. Cooking probably wasn't the most normal hobby for an Archangel like himself but was something he enjoyed and that's all that mattered. Noticing a smaller, quiter shop nestled along with all the hussle and bussle, he headed for it. The quieter places offered more secrets than expected, a little fact that he'd learned over the years. Stepping inside he let the door close shut behind him.

Hanson was just begining his night with some of the boys. Deciding on a club was the easy part, they'd simply walked in to whichever one had caught their fancy first. The night hadn't officially started yet. For now, thy simply lay claim to a pool tool and a handful of the stools at the bar. A few more boys were planning to show up so now they would wait. To fill their time they filled their cups, the drinking starting out slow and casual. The patrons as of current wheren't here for trouble and neither was Han and his boys. They were just looking for a good time and they alwasy found it. Although he ran a network of contract he also had business to handle. That business would be happening later in the week, something that only the gang could do. The gang was pumped for the work, but they had to wait until the night reached them. People had to be in place for things to work, otherwise everything would turn to hell.
( It's perfect ^.^ I'm so sorry mine's so short. )

Dimitri was having himself another night on the town, another night of being something he would never be. His glamour protected himself from the humans and also any angels lurking around. You could never tell who was an angel or who was a mere human. Granted, after spending time with them or whatever ou were bound to see the signs but he'd never had the time to make friends and figure out what they were. Therefore it was easier to just assume that everyone around him was an agel and would try to find ways to either run him off or further punish him for whatever his wrong-doing had been.

He had handled some business prior to this point, the pay was fine, cash was always something he couldn't get enough of. A job was too constrainting but with the help of a friend or so he was willing to take on odd and various jobs so long as the pay was something worthwhile. If someone wanted it done they had to pay in one form or another. The job had been a piece of cake, but the amount of pay he'd recieved was a little odd for the task. Regardless he knew the extensive amount paid for both the completed job and his silence. It wasn't often uncommon for that to happen, the person just needed to afford it and whoever had reached out to him with the job obviously had loads of it.

While he walked along the streets admist the human population, groups of friends, couples, families, people on their way home from work, he could never forget that he was different. His dark, glossy wings were folded and tucked against his back, the action was a habitual one. No one could see his true apperance. He looked like another other guy in this city. With a rouge, yet handsome face his black hair was always swept slightly to the side, witht he edges hanging over his forehead. An edgy look as the humans called it. It wasn't uncommon for it to look wind blown, the explaination for that was that he'd been on his motorcycle which was true in many, but not all, cases. A simple white T-shirt, dark jeans, his signiture leather jacket, and a pair of typical biker boots made up his casual apperance. For the moment he was indesisive about how to spend his night. Visiting another resturant sounded like a fabulous idea. He enjoyed trying new foods and places as much as he enjoyed cooking. Cooking probably wasn't the most normal hobby for an Archangel like himself but was something he enjoyed and that's all that mattered. Noticing a smaller, quiter shop nestled along with all the hussle and bussle, he headed for it. The quieter places offered more secrets than expected, a little fact that he'd learned over the years. Stepping inside he let the door close shut behind him.

Hanson was just begining his night with some of the boys. Deciding on a club was the easy part, they'd simply walked in to whichever one had caught their fancy first. The night hadn't officially started yet. For now, thy simply lay claim to a pool tool and a handful of the stools at the bar. A few more boys were planning to show up so now they would wait. To fill their time they filled their cups, the drinking starting out slow and casual. The patrons as of current wheren't here for trouble and neither was Han and his boys. They were just looking for a good time and they alwasy found it. Although he ran a network of contract he also had business to handle. That business would be happening later in the week, something that only the gang could do. The gang was pumped for the work, but they had to wait until the night reached them. People had to be in place for things to work, otherwise everything would turn to hell.
8d7o509.png
( Don't worry about it! Yours is perfectly fine ^-^ I figure things will probably shorten up a bit when interactions start. )

Eve had easily melded into the crowd, something she'd spent years learning to do. It had initially been uncomfortable, hiding herself to mesh with the humans, but it soon became second nature, which was good news for her. She enjoyed wasting her time with them, they were so much more interesting than the other angels. Nearly every angel was the usual trope: nice, kind, generous, sweet...
It was great to be around so many well-intentioned people, but it got disinteresting so quickly.
Humans...humans were complicated, their reactions and personalities multifaceted. Almost none were entirely good, more than a few entirely evil. Their personality traits, even the good ones, could be taken to an extent where it became a detriment. They had an endless obsession with "finding the right person," as they generally called it, and loved hard despite the near-promise of it ending quickly.
Angels weren't like that. They were so...reserved about that kind of stuff; yes, they loved everyone, but when it came to spending their lengthened life with another? They were audaciously choosy, despite all angels having "good" traits. Beyond that, there was something borderline...dishonest in their honesty. They used it as a way to hide.
Humans used it as a way to show themselves.
"Hello, welcome to Susie's!" came the chipper greeting from the hostess at the front desk; Eve hadn't been totally aware of how far she'd walked or the fact she'd already reached the small diner. The auburn-haired girl smiled brightly and blew a bubble with her gum, which popped with a louder sound than Eve was prepared for and caused her to flinch. "Oh-hehe. Sorry about that, Mom's always telling me not to blow bubbles at the customers. Anyway! Go ahead and pick a table, wherever you like. Oh, and are you waiting to meet someone?"
"I-yeah. Yeah, I am." A glance at her watch informed her it was five to eight, meaning he had five minutes left to be on time. No need to feel uneasy yet. "He'll be here soon, I'm sure." Eve looked around the various people packed into the diner; it hadn't looked busy from the outside, but now that she was in it she could see just how busy it was. Please show up and don't make me go through some awkward scene of leaving alone. She then approached one of the few open tables and slid into one side of the booth, situated to where she could see the majority of the diner, so she could flag Nathan down when he came in.

Sparky had entered the bar after checking who it was she was meeting with; ah, it was James, the overly nice and overly boring accountant she'd picked up the other day when she'd had car troubles. He'd been kind enough to stop and offer his assistance, she'd been kind enough to respond with her number.
Though, now, after remembering just who she was dealing with, she'd begun to question her life choices.
Again.
Of course the bar had been it's usual loud self when she'd come in, of course she'd gotten the obligatory slimy greeting from the way-too-regulars that recognized her. It wasn't the roudiest place she'd ever been to (goodness knew that place was...well), but had enough people, music, and drinks to keep it interesting.
"Hey, Rudy, my usual?" Sparky called out as she wove her way to the bar; once there, someone's hand or another touched her thigh, to which she immediately responded to smack it off. "Oh no, I'm out of your price range. Try that again and I'll break your fingers. Thank you!" she tacked on as she picked up the blood-red concoction that'd been placed before her. He'd get it on her tab, so she wasn't concerned with paying.
Now where was mister white-picket-fence? Surely he was already here?
Ah, there he was, crammed in the corner at a high table, pushing a glass of clear liquid back and forth between his hands. Tell me he's not drinking water, I can't deal with this tonight.
( Don't worry about it! Yours is perfectly fine ^-^ I figure things will probably shorten up a bit when interactions start. )

Eve had easily melded into the crowd, something she'd spent years learning to do. It had initially been uncomfortable, hiding herself to mesh with the humans, but it soon became second nature, which was good news for her. She enjoyed wasting her time with them, they were so much more interesting than the other angels. Nearly every angel was the usual trope: nice, kind, generous, sweet...
It was great to be around so many well-intentioned people, but it got disinteresting so quickly.
Humans...humans were complicated, their reactions and personalities multifaceted. Almost none were entirely good, more than a few entirely evil. Their personality traits, even the good ones, could be taken to an extent where it became a detriment. They had an endless obsession with "finding the right person," as they generally called it, and loved hard despite the near-promise of it ending quickly.
Angels weren't like that. They were so...reserved about that kind of stuff; yes, they loved everyone, but when it came to spending their lengthened life with another? They were audaciously choosy, despite all angels having "good" traits. Beyond that, there was something borderline...dishonest in their honesty. They used it as a way to hide.
Humans used it as a way to show themselves.
"Hello, welcome to Susie's!" came the chipper greeting from the hostess at the front desk; Eve hadn't been totally aware of how far she'd walked or the fact she'd already reached the small diner. The auburn-haired girl smiled brightly and blew a bubble with her gum, which popped with a louder sound than Eve was prepared for and caused her to flinch. "Oh-hehe. Sorry about that, Mom's always telling me not to blow bubbles at the customers. Anyway! Go ahead and pick a table, wherever you like. Oh, and are you waiting to meet someone?"
"I-yeah. Yeah, I am." A glance at her watch informed her it was five to eight, meaning he had five minutes left to be on time. No need to feel uneasy yet. "He'll be here soon, I'm sure." Eve looked around the various people packed into the diner; it hadn't looked busy from the outside, but now that she was in it she could see just how busy it was. Please show up and don't make me go through some awkward scene of leaving alone. She then approached one of the few open tables and slid into one side of the booth, situated to where she could see the majority of the diner, so she could flag Nathan down when he came in.

Sparky had entered the bar after checking who it was she was meeting with; ah, it was James, the overly nice and overly boring accountant she'd picked up the other day when she'd had car troubles. He'd been kind enough to stop and offer his assistance, she'd been kind enough to respond with her number.
Though, now, after remembering just who she was dealing with, she'd begun to question her life choices.
Again.
Of course the bar had been it's usual loud self when she'd come in, of course she'd gotten the obligatory slimy greeting from the way-too-regulars that recognized her. It wasn't the roudiest place she'd ever been to (goodness knew that place was...well), but had enough people, music, and drinks to keep it interesting.
"Hey, Rudy, my usual?" Sparky called out as she wove her way to the bar; once there, someone's hand or another touched her thigh, to which she immediately responded to smack it off. "Oh no, I'm out of your price range. Try that again and I'll break your fingers. Thank you!" she tacked on as she picked up the blood-red concoction that'd been placed before her. He'd get it on her tab, so she wasn't concerned with paying.
Now where was mister white-picket-fence? Surely he was already here?
Ah, there he was, crammed in the corner at a high table, pushing a glass of clear liquid back and forth between his hands. Tell me he's not drinking water, I can't deal with this tonight.
( I'll have to post later this afternoon. I've got to go to class now but once I'm done with classes and handling something I'll be sure to post. )
( I'll have to post later this afternoon. I've got to go to class now but once I'm done with classes and handling something I'll be sure to post. )
8d7o509.png
( No worries! I have class as well, and lunch with a friend, so I'll be unavailable until later too. Have a good day! )
( No worries! I have class as well, and lunch with a friend, so I'll be unavailable until later too. Have a good day! )
(Han's is awful. T.T I was also just ready to post something for Dimitri )

Dimitri found himself in a quaint bookstore. The interior was bathed in a dim lighting which cast shadows along the bookshelves and their contents. He wasn't what one considered a bookworm. Sure, books interested him if they had something worthwhile to read about and learn in the end. His predominately lonely life lead him to want to learn more about the different worlds, craving knowledge about anything and everything. Information was power in any situation. But sometimes that power got you killed, or occasionally it would get someone else instead. Moving past all the fantasy novels of adventure and romance he wove his way to the more historical and realistic books. He still had books that he needed to read so it wasn't like he needed a new addition to add to the stack. His dark chocolate eyes roamed over the spines facing him. Removing a few from the self to further inspect them he allowed his eyes to scan the printed words. The only sounds heard throughout the lowly occupied store was of pages turning, sometimes a cough, and the loudest of all was the footsteps. Dimitri spent a short while lost among the potential reading materials, seeking anything of interest. Unfortunately nothing stood out to him and he was growing restless. He'd killed enough time so that now would be a more appropriate time to eat. Now the only question was where to eat? Leaving the bookstore with a small nod tot he owner he stepped back out into the night life. The sun was quickly setting. Ladies were beginning their 'girls nights out'. Dates were just beginning, families were meeting for a break from cooking dinner. Wandering down the street the small town was still vaguely new to him. He never stayed in one place for long, but he had certain towns where he'd buy a dwelling to stay in for a short amount of time. He never had the urge to settle anywhere. Nothing was permanent in his life. While he walked his eyes took in the available options. He wasn't in the mood for anything fancy, plus he wasn't dressed for that setting. Something more casual then.

His attention eventually drifted to a smaller, less advertised building. There was clearly enough of a crowd there to entice his curiosity. Crowds typically meant good food so this might be his sign for the night. After crossing the street he casually wandered over, peering inside the windows to judge the wait time. The line was a small one in comparison to others he'd seen, plus the smell of the food was strong enough to reach his senses. Deciding to go in and try out whatever they had, hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment, he lead himself through the front doors and placed himself in what he figured was the end of the line. Humans were always such a talkative bunch, they always had to stand around and chat. But he supposed with their short lives they had to get the words out at some point in time. Better now than never eh? While he waited for it to be his turn his gaze slowly studied the layout of the diner and the customers already sitting with food either in front of them or talking while they waited. One of the patrons stood out like a sore thumb in his eyes. She was alone, that simple fact made her different from the other couples or groups scattered around the room. While he waited the smaller signs which hadn't been obvious at first where now starting to appear to him. Combine that with the way the young woman was dressed and he concluded that she was probably out on the town with a non-existing date. His attention shifted back to the hostess, currently in the middle of a conversation with a small family. For a minute longer he waited, an idea coming to mind out of the blue. It was so unlike himself that he almost dismissed it entirely but..... No. He could do that. She already looked lonely enough and even if they didn't see one another after this night he could hopefully at least salvage what had originally been promised by another man. And a little company wouldn't hurt himself either. Eating alone was fine but the looks were anything but. And was that phrase that was floating around... YOLO or something...? Heck, as long as she didn't rat him out or leave as well then things would be fine. Pushing himself up an inch or two higher to survey the seats he allowed a faint grin to break over his face as if he'd just spotted an old friend. Speaking a polite "Excuse me." he weaved his way to the front, quickly dropping the words to the hostess while snagging a menu. "I"m with her." he said, the faintest motion towards Eve was made to clarify who he was talking about. He didn't stick around to hear any lecturing or grief for almost leaving the girl hanging. He quickened his pace as if in a rush, his features aligning themselves into a concerned expression mixed with worry. Reaching the booth where Eve sat he acted a little short of breath as if having just rushed over from the car. "I'm so sorry babe. I left the gym eary for once, but the traffic on the way over here was awful. Not to mention the parking." He spoke the words while sliding into the booth across from her, combining his words with an apologetic look. The late date had finally arrived in the eyes of the public. "Forgive me?" he asked sweetly, an attempt at hopefully not ruining the 'planned' date. Things could go wrong now. She could in fact have someone and he'd just made a fool of himself. Or she'd simply leave him there like the other guy had done to her.

Han silently observed the new comers and those who left. Mentally making a list while the boys grew restless despite the early drinking. Only after the sun sunk lower in the sun and more of the night crowd joined in did the boys start to drift away from the bar to have a little fun. Pool and drinking and gambling were the major sports in this little place. But that's all that these simple minded people needed. Blending in to the crowd was the easiest part of the fun. Wearing a plain black hoodie over a plain grey shirt and loose jeans was his go to. The everyday outfit wasn't something to make you stand out, only his charming looks did. A slow grin tugged at his face as his boys went out to play. Tonight would be another night to have fun, he could feel it.
(Han's is awful. T.T I was also just ready to post something for Dimitri )

Dimitri found himself in a quaint bookstore. The interior was bathed in a dim lighting which cast shadows along the bookshelves and their contents. He wasn't what one considered a bookworm. Sure, books interested him if they had something worthwhile to read about and learn in the end. His predominately lonely life lead him to want to learn more about the different worlds, craving knowledge about anything and everything. Information was power in any situation. But sometimes that power got you killed, or occasionally it would get someone else instead. Moving past all the fantasy novels of adventure and romance he wove his way to the more historical and realistic books. He still had books that he needed to read so it wasn't like he needed a new addition to add to the stack. His dark chocolate eyes roamed over the spines facing him. Removing a few from the self to further inspect them he allowed his eyes to scan the printed words. The only sounds heard throughout the lowly occupied store was of pages turning, sometimes a cough, and the loudest of all was the footsteps. Dimitri spent a short while lost among the potential reading materials, seeking anything of interest. Unfortunately nothing stood out to him and he was growing restless. He'd killed enough time so that now would be a more appropriate time to eat. Now the only question was where to eat? Leaving the bookstore with a small nod tot he owner he stepped back out into the night life. The sun was quickly setting. Ladies were beginning their 'girls nights out'. Dates were just beginning, families were meeting for a break from cooking dinner. Wandering down the street the small town was still vaguely new to him. He never stayed in one place for long, but he had certain towns where he'd buy a dwelling to stay in for a short amount of time. He never had the urge to settle anywhere. Nothing was permanent in his life. While he walked his eyes took in the available options. He wasn't in the mood for anything fancy, plus he wasn't dressed for that setting. Something more casual then.

His attention eventually drifted to a smaller, less advertised building. There was clearly enough of a crowd there to entice his curiosity. Crowds typically meant good food so this might be his sign for the night. After crossing the street he casually wandered over, peering inside the windows to judge the wait time. The line was a small one in comparison to others he'd seen, plus the smell of the food was strong enough to reach his senses. Deciding to go in and try out whatever they had, hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment, he lead himself through the front doors and placed himself in what he figured was the end of the line. Humans were always such a talkative bunch, they always had to stand around and chat. But he supposed with their short lives they had to get the words out at some point in time. Better now than never eh? While he waited for it to be his turn his gaze slowly studied the layout of the diner and the customers already sitting with food either in front of them or talking while they waited. One of the patrons stood out like a sore thumb in his eyes. She was alone, that simple fact made her different from the other couples or groups scattered around the room. While he waited the smaller signs which hadn't been obvious at first where now starting to appear to him. Combine that with the way the young woman was dressed and he concluded that she was probably out on the town with a non-existing date. His attention shifted back to the hostess, currently in the middle of a conversation with a small family. For a minute longer he waited, an idea coming to mind out of the blue. It was so unlike himself that he almost dismissed it entirely but..... No. He could do that. She already looked lonely enough and even if they didn't see one another after this night he could hopefully at least salvage what had originally been promised by another man. And a little company wouldn't hurt himself either. Eating alone was fine but the looks were anything but. And was that phrase that was floating around... YOLO or something...? Heck, as long as she didn't rat him out or leave as well then things would be fine. Pushing himself up an inch or two higher to survey the seats he allowed a faint grin to break over his face as if he'd just spotted an old friend. Speaking a polite "Excuse me." he weaved his way to the front, quickly dropping the words to the hostess while snagging a menu. "I"m with her." he said, the faintest motion towards Eve was made to clarify who he was talking about. He didn't stick around to hear any lecturing or grief for almost leaving the girl hanging. He quickened his pace as if in a rush, his features aligning themselves into a concerned expression mixed with worry. Reaching the booth where Eve sat he acted a little short of breath as if having just rushed over from the car. "I'm so sorry babe. I left the gym eary for once, but the traffic on the way over here was awful. Not to mention the parking." He spoke the words while sliding into the booth across from her, combining his words with an apologetic look. The late date had finally arrived in the eyes of the public. "Forgive me?" he asked sweetly, an attempt at hopefully not ruining the 'planned' date. Things could go wrong now. She could in fact have someone and he'd just made a fool of himself. Or she'd simply leave him there like the other guy had done to her.

Han silently observed the new comers and those who left. Mentally making a list while the boys grew restless despite the early drinking. Only after the sun sunk lower in the sun and more of the night crowd joined in did the boys start to drift away from the bar to have a little fun. Pool and drinking and gambling were the major sports in this little place. But that's all that these simple minded people needed. Blending in to the crowd was the easiest part of the fun. Wearing a plain black hoodie over a plain grey shirt and loose jeans was his go to. The everyday outfit wasn't something to make you stand out, only his charming looks did. A slow grin tugged at his face as his boys went out to play. Tonight would be another night to have fun, he could feel it.
8d7o509.png
Eve had been doing her best at hiding behind her menu as she'd silently sat in the booth alone. Under ordinary circumstances, she wouldn't have paid much mind to the fact that she was sitting at the table by herself, but between the ridiculously happy couples clamoring around her and the fact she knew she wasn't supposed to be there alone, she felt very self-conscious. She doubted many people had actually noticed her, too wrapped up in being borderline-grossly affectionate or happy with those they were with themselves.
She could only fathom what it felt like to have someone show up at their promised time.
Eight o'clock came and went, as did her feeling of nervous excitement. Five minutes ticked past and she relaxed into a state of He probably just had problems parking or with traffic or something. Another five crept past, and another...
When eight twenty rolled around, Eve couldn't deny it. Sparky had been right, as she always was; Nathan wasn't coming, or else he would have at least told her something came up. He had her phone number, no? She felt herself deflating slightly in her seat, a red blush sliding its way up to the tops of her ears. A glance around proved that, really, not many people had noticed her (aside form the hostess, who was probably debating whether to ask for the table back or not), but she could've sworn she felt the collective eye of the patrons on her as she continued to sit, at the table, alone.
Eve questioningly looked over to the door when there was a slight racket; yes, there were many people waiting for a table or their to-go orders, why were they- Ah, someone had apparently shown up, another date's other half who was probably as untimely as her own was. Well, at least he had shown up. Nathan clearly wasn't.
But...why in the world had he gotten a look on his face like he'd seen someone he knew when he'd been looking in her direction? Why was he looking her way at all? Eve subtly looked around herself, at the tables near hers where whoever this man was silently communicating with had to have been sitting, but none of them seemed to be paying him any mind. None of them seemed to be awaiting anyone. Just her.
As if that wasn't confusing enough, he'd started to head to her table. What? What was he doing? Eve didn't know him, and he certainly wasn't the person she was there to meet- There was enough sincerity in his concerned expression to make her stop her questioning. There was that obvious emotion and blatant honesty she had come to appreciate and love in humans, the very reasons she so often came to town to mingle amongst them. Even those who happened to be clad in motorcycle boots and panting as though exerted.
She did her absolute best to rearrange her expression from one of utter bewilderment and slight fear (over his mental sanity, if he was doing this for some stranger) into one of relieved annoyance. His use of the nickname Babe almost derailed that expression as soon as she'd settled it over her features. Her heartbeat was a lot faster than she'd expected it to be, the sound pulsing in her ears as he requested her forgiveness; it was all she could offer to bob her head in a nod.
Did she know him? No. Did she have any reasonable explanation of why he'd decided to take another man's seat across from her? No. Did he even mildly look like the type of guy she usually talked to? No. But did entertaining whatever he was doing to avoid eating awkwardly alone at a diner packed with couple override the various questions she had? Yes.
"It's okay, I was just starting to worry you'd forgotten our date," Eve replied, torn between setting her menu down to get a good look at him as he sat across from her or lifting it higher to hide. The words stung as soon as they left her mouth, as that's precisely what'd happened, she'd been forgotten. And it wasn't even the first time, it was the second in as many months. What was it about her that got men to ask her out but abandon her at the actual date?
If that stung this much, she couldn't imagine what someone felt being left at the altar.
Eve tilted her menu to hide her face from the restaurant patrons but enable her to whisper to the person across the table, the one with messy black hair and equally dark eyes. She couldn't actually quite make out what color his eyes were in that lighting. "What are you doing? Do you often sit at random girls' tables?"

(She's not asking to be mean or taking any attitude, the way Sparky would if she asked those questions. Eve is just genuinely lost XD)

Eli, meanwhile, had taken up a position on the bus stop bench across from the diner, where he could easily observe Eve sitting at her booth. Five minutes...then ten...then twenty passed, all while she studiously sat there, awaiting someone who would most certainly not be arriving. He had, of course, heard of Eve's impending first date (secondhand from Sparky, actually), which meant he had, of course, seen to it that the man she'd intended to meet was...otherwise engaged. It hurt him to watch Eve suffer when her dates inevitably and inexplicably disappointed her, but he knew it was for the greater good as, in the end, she would end up with he himself.
He'd never do anything to hurt her.
"What?!" Eli spat out the sip of water he'd begun to take, jerking upright on the bench. Someone, a typically-tall-dark-and handsome type, had come up to Eve's table. "That's impossible, her date isn't-" A sudden wave of dark anger washed over him, to the point he almost saw crimson; the mystery person had taken the seat across from Eve, his Eve, and she'd let him?

(Also, noting that Eli, if he isn't more careful about toeing the line, could end up in a LOT of trouble for what he's doing. Because it's not very angelic. lol)

Aaaaand...no. There it was, the metaphoric kiss of death for every relationship Sparky had toyed with. This one, James, had been so mind-numbingly disinteresting that she'd taken it upon herself to challenge how many of her specialty drinks she could finish by the time he finished professing his feelings for her. None of which Sparky returned, as real emotions were a game to her. She had the rulebook, she knew how they worked, and she kept them as far away from herself as possible.
She'd been hurt bad enough once. She wouldn't be in that position again.
"Okay, okay, I'm going to need you to just...pause that, right there." Sparky realized she was being rude a moment too late, as she'd clearly interrupted whatever he had been telling her. But, after the three drinks she'd managed to finish, her already-shaky manners had just about vanished. "I told you when this started that I'm not the settling down type. I've got things that I need to do that someone like you..." Sparky trailed off, looking James up and down. He was still in his suit from work that day, if you could even call what he was wearing a suit. The man himself was attractive, though goodness did he try to downplay that by wearing unshapely, badly-tailored suits. "...would just get in the way of. So I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, it's lovely to hear the positive impacts I've had on others' lives, but I'm afraid that's my cue to leave."
The sound of her crunching ice (even with her mouth closed) was deafening in the silence that followed her statement.
"It'd do you well to try something, maybe something from the over-twenty-one menu this time." Sparky gave his water glass a pointed look before rising to her feet. Her favorite place to be, near the pool tables acting clueless to charm people (men and women, funnily) out of their cash, had suddenly gotten a lot more popular. Which meant it appealed to her a lot more than having a conversation with someone she'd mentally equated with being a human *****.
"Or, here. Try mine. I'll get another." Sparky pushed her half-empty glass across the table to James, entirely ignoring his astonished expression, before leaving him sitting at the table alone.
It was time to flirt some funds off of other patrons.

( And...Sparky being Sparky, who is now apparently a pool shark as a way of income! aha Fair warning, not sure how long my posts will manage to be when I'm writing for the three of them xD )
Eve had been doing her best at hiding behind her menu as she'd silently sat in the booth alone. Under ordinary circumstances, she wouldn't have paid much mind to the fact that she was sitting at the table by herself, but between the ridiculously happy couples clamoring around her and the fact she knew she wasn't supposed to be there alone, she felt very self-conscious. She doubted many people had actually noticed her, too wrapped up in being borderline-grossly affectionate or happy with those they were with themselves.
She could only fathom what it felt like to have someone show up at their promised time.
Eight o'clock came and went, as did her feeling of nervous excitement. Five minutes ticked past and she relaxed into a state of He probably just had problems parking or with traffic or something. Another five crept past, and another...
When eight twenty rolled around, Eve couldn't deny it. Sparky had been right, as she always was; Nathan wasn't coming, or else he would have at least told her something came up. He had her phone number, no? She felt herself deflating slightly in her seat, a red blush sliding its way up to the tops of her ears. A glance around proved that, really, not many people had noticed her (aside form the hostess, who was probably debating whether to ask for the table back or not), but she could've sworn she felt the collective eye of the patrons on her as she continued to sit, at the table, alone.
Eve questioningly looked over to the door when there was a slight racket; yes, there were many people waiting for a table or their to-go orders, why were they- Ah, someone had apparently shown up, another date's other half who was probably as untimely as her own was. Well, at least he had shown up. Nathan clearly wasn't.
But...why in the world had he gotten a look on his face like he'd seen someone he knew when he'd been looking in her direction? Why was he looking her way at all? Eve subtly looked around herself, at the tables near hers where whoever this man was silently communicating with had to have been sitting, but none of them seemed to be paying him any mind. None of them seemed to be awaiting anyone. Just her.
As if that wasn't confusing enough, he'd started to head to her table. What? What was he doing? Eve didn't know him, and he certainly wasn't the person she was there to meet- There was enough sincerity in his concerned expression to make her stop her questioning. There was that obvious emotion and blatant honesty she had come to appreciate and love in humans, the very reasons she so often came to town to mingle amongst them. Even those who happened to be clad in motorcycle boots and panting as though exerted.
She did her absolute best to rearrange her expression from one of utter bewilderment and slight fear (over his mental sanity, if he was doing this for some stranger) into one of relieved annoyance. His use of the nickname Babe almost derailed that expression as soon as she'd settled it over her features. Her heartbeat was a lot faster than she'd expected it to be, the sound pulsing in her ears as he requested her forgiveness; it was all she could offer to bob her head in a nod.
Did she know him? No. Did she have any reasonable explanation of why he'd decided to take another man's seat across from her? No. Did he even mildly look like the type of guy she usually talked to? No. But did entertaining whatever he was doing to avoid eating awkwardly alone at a diner packed with couple override the various questions she had? Yes.
"It's okay, I was just starting to worry you'd forgotten our date," Eve replied, torn between setting her menu down to get a good look at him as he sat across from her or lifting it higher to hide. The words stung as soon as they left her mouth, as that's precisely what'd happened, she'd been forgotten. And it wasn't even the first time, it was the second in as many months. What was it about her that got men to ask her out but abandon her at the actual date?
If that stung this much, she couldn't imagine what someone felt being left at the altar.
Eve tilted her menu to hide her face from the restaurant patrons but enable her to whisper to the person across the table, the one with messy black hair and equally dark eyes. She couldn't actually quite make out what color his eyes were in that lighting. "What are you doing? Do you often sit at random girls' tables?"

(She's not asking to be mean or taking any attitude, the way Sparky would if she asked those questions. Eve is just genuinely lost XD)

Eli, meanwhile, had taken up a position on the bus stop bench across from the diner, where he could easily observe Eve sitting at her booth. Five minutes...then ten...then twenty passed, all while she studiously sat there, awaiting someone who would most certainly not be arriving. He had, of course, heard of Eve's impending first date (secondhand from Sparky, actually), which meant he had, of course, seen to it that the man she'd intended to meet was...otherwise engaged. It hurt him to watch Eve suffer when her dates inevitably and inexplicably disappointed her, but he knew it was for the greater good as, in the end, she would end up with he himself.
He'd never do anything to hurt her.
"What?!" Eli spat out the sip of water he'd begun to take, jerking upright on the bench. Someone, a typically-tall-dark-and handsome type, had come up to Eve's table. "That's impossible, her date isn't-" A sudden wave of dark anger washed over him, to the point he almost saw crimson; the mystery person had taken the seat across from Eve, his Eve, and she'd let him?

(Also, noting that Eli, if he isn't more careful about toeing the line, could end up in a LOT of trouble for what he's doing. Because it's not very angelic. lol)

Aaaaand...no. There it was, the metaphoric kiss of death for every relationship Sparky had toyed with. This one, James, had been so mind-numbingly disinteresting that she'd taken it upon herself to challenge how many of her specialty drinks she could finish by the time he finished professing his feelings for her. None of which Sparky returned, as real emotions were a game to her. She had the rulebook, she knew how they worked, and she kept them as far away from herself as possible.
She'd been hurt bad enough once. She wouldn't be in that position again.
"Okay, okay, I'm going to need you to just...pause that, right there." Sparky realized she was being rude a moment too late, as she'd clearly interrupted whatever he had been telling her. But, after the three drinks she'd managed to finish, her already-shaky manners had just about vanished. "I told you when this started that I'm not the settling down type. I've got things that I need to do that someone like you..." Sparky trailed off, looking James up and down. He was still in his suit from work that day, if you could even call what he was wearing a suit. The man himself was attractive, though goodness did he try to downplay that by wearing unshapely, badly-tailored suits. "...would just get in the way of. So I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, it's lovely to hear the positive impacts I've had on others' lives, but I'm afraid that's my cue to leave."
The sound of her crunching ice (even with her mouth closed) was deafening in the silence that followed her statement.
"It'd do you well to try something, maybe something from the over-twenty-one menu this time." Sparky gave his water glass a pointed look before rising to her feet. Her favorite place to be, near the pool tables acting clueless to charm people (men and women, funnily) out of their cash, had suddenly gotten a lot more popular. Which meant it appealed to her a lot more than having a conversation with someone she'd mentally equated with being a human *****.
"Or, here. Try mine. I'll get another." Sparky pushed her half-empty glass across the table to James, entirely ignoring his astonished expression, before leaving him sitting at the table alone.
It was time to flirt some funds off of other patrons.

( And...Sparky being Sparky, who is now apparently a pool shark as a way of income! aha Fair warning, not sure how long my posts will manage to be when I'm writing for the three of them xD )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13