Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Edited his sign up, they should be there now. Sorry about that.
Edited his sign up, they should be there now. Sorry about that.
8d7o509.png
( It’s okay, you didn’t know and heck, I didn’t either until Cara had to ask what he looked like. Then I was like “ah shoot hold on I have a general idea but lemme check-and the picture is gone” lol )

Sparky had been partially pressed up to the window, eyes narrowed as she tried to count the streetlights she could see. It was going rather well, until she forgot what number came after seven. She jumped at the sound of the chair across from her scraping as it was pulled back but it was just Grave. “Ooh,” she said appreciatively at the appearance of a menu, tugging it closer and flipping it open a little too eagerly; it almost smacked her in the face.

She had to blink a few times to get the words on the page to stop swimming on the laminated paper like fish in an- “You know what we need to do? An aquarium. Visit one. They have fish.” That was said rather off-handedly as she guided a finger down one of the pages, eyebrows scrunched in an unnecessary amount of concentration. The redhead then paused, her lips pursed thoughtfully. “I should tell baby sis about that. She’d go-hey, that, I want that.”

Considering she wasn’t all that hungry and knew she was actually eating more to put something in her stomach other than whatever she had drank, the Caesar wrap seemed like more than enough. A sigh escaped as a waitress walked by, a very nice scent wafting along behind her. “And coffee. I need coffee,” Sparky muttered, recognizing the smell almost instantaneously.

~~

Eli blinked at the appearance of the frown; Jay almost seemed too upset by the fact that he had missed his sister, which was odd. Was whatever he had come looking for her in regards to really that important? The guy looked to be rather…overwhelmed. Which made sense, from the bit about Jay that he knew from conversations with his sister. There was probably a lot of energy around in this big of a town, and it was probably all somewhat converging on him at once.

“It’s cool.” He didn’t entirely understand what the apology was for, until the word cranky came out of Jay’s mouth. “I didn’t think you were all that cranky, though you do seem kinda rattled. If you did that much healing today, you…probably should be taking it easy, not jumping all over the place?” The suggestion was a gentle reminder that even Jay had limits, whether he wanted to acknowledge them or not. Everyone had limits. “And I’m meeting up with someone I know after her shift ends, but it’s not too big a problem if I miss her tonight; she works tomorrow too, I can catch her then.”

Eli got to his feet, considering offering the blond a hand but figuring he’d wait to see if Jay needed it. “Spark’s apartment isn’t too far from here, just a bit past where I’m going, actually. See if I can spot Maria on our way past; I can ask her to wait for me to loop back if I catch her. Come on.”

~~

The sight of Icarus’ wings reminded Eve of her own, which were still tucked and hidden against her back. It was almost a natural habit at this point, considering how much she was out among those who weren’t allowed to see angels for what they were; between her current job at the animal hospital and the frequenting the establishments back in her own city both alone and with others, she kept herself busy.

She was waiting for comments to start coming in, the ones her mother warned her about that always came up when working with humans. Her supervisor would begin to notice and remark on the fact that she looked young for her age, while the receptionist might comment that she had a lot of energy for someone a few years shy of thirty. She was okay right now, as the age on her identification card actually matched her age, but those she worked with would expect her to age just as they did. Grow older and mature and, yikes, have a family. She'd have to leave before that happened, which Eve knew would just about break her heart.

She loved where she was, didn't want to leave it. But, if she kept choosing to stay among the humans rather than the angels she belonged with, it was something she had to keep in mind.

Speaking of the whole aging conundrum, how did that factor into Eli’s promise? If neither of them aged…? He probably just meant until his current alias hits twenty-five.

The outpouring of questions from Icarus pulled her attention back outward as Eve gave a laugh, an uncomfortable flush spreading across her cheeks as she considered how to answer. “Ah…yes and yes, but in that kinda looks like I should be powing around with Sparky, bad boy kind of way. I could see my sister going for him. You know what I mean! You know my sister. Okay. I would say tall but, let’s face it, most people are tall compared to me. Black hair, dark eyes, like…dark to the point I spent a lot longer than I probably should have trying to figure out what color they were but I’ll settle on brown. He could’ve just said it but I mean, he mentioned being a personal trainer so…you can pretty much assume that he takes care of himself.”

She let out a slow breath after that, figuring the more awkward questions had now been answered. She knew it was plenty safe to tell Cara these things but it was just odd to think about the things she had been noticing. “I didn’t ask how old he was, and Dimitri. And-Cara!” Eve gave her friend a look, her forehead crumpled in a playfully-annoyed fashion. “I just met him, I don’t know if I like him yet. But he’s better than some of the last people have been. Not that that says a lot in reference to some.”

A slow nod answered the very last question as she chewed on her lower lip. “Next week, supposedly. If, you know, he shows up unlike how the last howmanyever dates have gone.” She let out a sigh, twisting her fingers into the shaggy material of the blanket in her lap as she tilted her head back onto the couch cushion behind her. “I don’t know, Cara. Past experience is telling me nothing is going to come from this either, but…he seemed different. He was honest. I never really felt like he was lying about something, or just saying something because he thought it's what I wanted to hear. Though honestly probably more than a bit too good-looking for me; I kept thinking Spark is more on his level.”

( Oh Eve, if only you knew lolol )
( It’s okay, you didn’t know and heck, I didn’t either until Cara had to ask what he looked like. Then I was like “ah shoot hold on I have a general idea but lemme check-and the picture is gone” lol )

Sparky had been partially pressed up to the window, eyes narrowed as she tried to count the streetlights she could see. It was going rather well, until she forgot what number came after seven. She jumped at the sound of the chair across from her scraping as it was pulled back but it was just Grave. “Ooh,” she said appreciatively at the appearance of a menu, tugging it closer and flipping it open a little too eagerly; it almost smacked her in the face.

She had to blink a few times to get the words on the page to stop swimming on the laminated paper like fish in an- “You know what we need to do? An aquarium. Visit one. They have fish.” That was said rather off-handedly as she guided a finger down one of the pages, eyebrows scrunched in an unnecessary amount of concentration. The redhead then paused, her lips pursed thoughtfully. “I should tell baby sis about that. She’d go-hey, that, I want that.”

Considering she wasn’t all that hungry and knew she was actually eating more to put something in her stomach other than whatever she had drank, the Caesar wrap seemed like more than enough. A sigh escaped as a waitress walked by, a very nice scent wafting along behind her. “And coffee. I need coffee,” Sparky muttered, recognizing the smell almost instantaneously.

~~

Eli blinked at the appearance of the frown; Jay almost seemed too upset by the fact that he had missed his sister, which was odd. Was whatever he had come looking for her in regards to really that important? The guy looked to be rather…overwhelmed. Which made sense, from the bit about Jay that he knew from conversations with his sister. There was probably a lot of energy around in this big of a town, and it was probably all somewhat converging on him at once.

“It’s cool.” He didn’t entirely understand what the apology was for, until the word cranky came out of Jay’s mouth. “I didn’t think you were all that cranky, though you do seem kinda rattled. If you did that much healing today, you…probably should be taking it easy, not jumping all over the place?” The suggestion was a gentle reminder that even Jay had limits, whether he wanted to acknowledge them or not. Everyone had limits. “And I’m meeting up with someone I know after her shift ends, but it’s not too big a problem if I miss her tonight; she works tomorrow too, I can catch her then.”

Eli got to his feet, considering offering the blond a hand but figuring he’d wait to see if Jay needed it. “Spark’s apartment isn’t too far from here, just a bit past where I’m going, actually. See if I can spot Maria on our way past; I can ask her to wait for me to loop back if I catch her. Come on.”

~~

The sight of Icarus’ wings reminded Eve of her own, which were still tucked and hidden against her back. It was almost a natural habit at this point, considering how much she was out among those who weren’t allowed to see angels for what they were; between her current job at the animal hospital and the frequenting the establishments back in her own city both alone and with others, she kept herself busy.

She was waiting for comments to start coming in, the ones her mother warned her about that always came up when working with humans. Her supervisor would begin to notice and remark on the fact that she looked young for her age, while the receptionist might comment that she had a lot of energy for someone a few years shy of thirty. She was okay right now, as the age on her identification card actually matched her age, but those she worked with would expect her to age just as they did. Grow older and mature and, yikes, have a family. She'd have to leave before that happened, which Eve knew would just about break her heart.

She loved where she was, didn't want to leave it. But, if she kept choosing to stay among the humans rather than the angels she belonged with, it was something she had to keep in mind.

Speaking of the whole aging conundrum, how did that factor into Eli’s promise? If neither of them aged…? He probably just meant until his current alias hits twenty-five.

The outpouring of questions from Icarus pulled her attention back outward as Eve gave a laugh, an uncomfortable flush spreading across her cheeks as she considered how to answer. “Ah…yes and yes, but in that kinda looks like I should be powing around with Sparky, bad boy kind of way. I could see my sister going for him. You know what I mean! You know my sister. Okay. I would say tall but, let’s face it, most people are tall compared to me. Black hair, dark eyes, like…dark to the point I spent a lot longer than I probably should have trying to figure out what color they were but I’ll settle on brown. He could’ve just said it but I mean, he mentioned being a personal trainer so…you can pretty much assume that he takes care of himself.”

She let out a slow breath after that, figuring the more awkward questions had now been answered. She knew it was plenty safe to tell Cara these things but it was just odd to think about the things she had been noticing. “I didn’t ask how old he was, and Dimitri. And-Cara!” Eve gave her friend a look, her forehead crumpled in a playfully-annoyed fashion. “I just met him, I don’t know if I like him yet. But he’s better than some of the last people have been. Not that that says a lot in reference to some.”

A slow nod answered the very last question as she chewed on her lower lip. “Next week, supposedly. If, you know, he shows up unlike how the last howmanyever dates have gone.” She let out a sigh, twisting her fingers into the shaggy material of the blanket in her lap as she tilted her head back onto the couch cushion behind her. “I don’t know, Cara. Past experience is telling me nothing is going to come from this either, but…he seemed different. He was honest. I never really felt like he was lying about something, or just saying something because he thought it's what I wanted to hear. Though honestly probably more than a bit too good-looking for me; I kept thinking Spark is more on his level.”

( Oh Eve, if only you knew lolol )
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
Grave laid his menu on the table, listening to Sparky's rambling. An eyebrow rose when she suggested an aquarium out of the blue. He didn't understand why she'd want to see one..... he didn't think she cared for them much. Despite those thoughts he was already trying to remember if there was any sort of aquirium here in town, one of the nicer resturants probably had one but he didn't feel like taking a drunk Sparky there. He offered an amused smirk instead, just listening to her talk. He nodded in agreement to her desire for coffee then frowned at the thought of that. A drunk Sparky with coffee in her system. That.... that sounded like a recipe for disaster. He honestly didn't think he could endure something like that though it sounded wild enough that he was almost tempted to find out what a caffinated and drunk Sparky would do. Sitting there he was reminded of earlier that night when there had been another girl sitting across from him. Even now he still didn't know why he sat down with her. It had been a risky move even for him and he was glad it hadn't blown up in his face. He patiently waited, thinking to himself about the day's events.

Based on his words Jay figured that Eli was only trying to be nice, but he hated to inconvience others. He took a breath, taking a minute to calm himself down and think logically. Yes he knew what today was but the flashback and everything was starting earlier than the previous years. His head hurt but he could deal with it. Icarus was fine, he was pretty sure of that, other wise she would have already found him. He honestly didn't want to crash whatever he had planned with Maria. And waiting was something he could easily do. He and his sister both seemed to sustain an endless about of patience regardless of the situation. It took its form in various ways but.... "I don't want to crash whatever plans you have." he said, figuring this Maria girl was either a friend or perhaps even a girl friend. But he also didn't want to make Eli back track just for him either. "Okay, fine. You lead the way to this Maria girl. That should get me close enough to pick up on Icarus and I'll be fine after that. And that way you can continue with whatever plans you had." he said, satified with that; it'd be a win-win and he wouldn't feel as guilty for taking his help. The cirty was a lot bigger than the one where he'd bought a house. They were all different energies though, none of them felt familiar except for Eli's.

Icarus listened as Eve described the man, almost wishing she'd been there to witness the guy and judge him herself. From the way that Eve described him he sounded like any boy off the street. When Eve got upset about Icarus asking if she liked him she could only giggle. It was a question, and there was always the possibilty of 'love at first sight'. At the news that she'd be meeting the guy again giddiness overcame her for her friend. She gave an understanding nod as Eve went on to explain how the guy seemed to be more of Sparky's type, she supposed that if he and Eve didn't hit it off there was always the chance of them just being friends and possibly him and Sparky getting together. That would be considered if things didn't work between him and Eve. She tucked her legs under her trying to contain her excitement. "Okay....well this kind of thing hasn't happened to you before so let's just see where it takes you. Even if things don't work I'm sure you both can still be friends. And if you say he's different then I'm sure that means things will turn out differently than all the other times." she said, trying to stay positive and look towards all the potential. "What else?" she asked, hoing there was more to the story.
Grave laid his menu on the table, listening to Sparky's rambling. An eyebrow rose when she suggested an aquarium out of the blue. He didn't understand why she'd want to see one..... he didn't think she cared for them much. Despite those thoughts he was already trying to remember if there was any sort of aquirium here in town, one of the nicer resturants probably had one but he didn't feel like taking a drunk Sparky there. He offered an amused smirk instead, just listening to her talk. He nodded in agreement to her desire for coffee then frowned at the thought of that. A drunk Sparky with coffee in her system. That.... that sounded like a recipe for disaster. He honestly didn't think he could endure something like that though it sounded wild enough that he was almost tempted to find out what a caffinated and drunk Sparky would do. Sitting there he was reminded of earlier that night when there had been another girl sitting across from him. Even now he still didn't know why he sat down with her. It had been a risky move even for him and he was glad it hadn't blown up in his face. He patiently waited, thinking to himself about the day's events.

Based on his words Jay figured that Eli was only trying to be nice, but he hated to inconvience others. He took a breath, taking a minute to calm himself down and think logically. Yes he knew what today was but the flashback and everything was starting earlier than the previous years. His head hurt but he could deal with it. Icarus was fine, he was pretty sure of that, other wise she would have already found him. He honestly didn't want to crash whatever he had planned with Maria. And waiting was something he could easily do. He and his sister both seemed to sustain an endless about of patience regardless of the situation. It took its form in various ways but.... "I don't want to crash whatever plans you have." he said, figuring this Maria girl was either a friend or perhaps even a girl friend. But he also didn't want to make Eli back track just for him either. "Okay, fine. You lead the way to this Maria girl. That should get me close enough to pick up on Icarus and I'll be fine after that. And that way you can continue with whatever plans you had." he said, satified with that; it'd be a win-win and he wouldn't feel as guilty for taking his help. The cirty was a lot bigger than the one where he'd bought a house. They were all different energies though, none of them felt familiar except for Eli's.

Icarus listened as Eve described the man, almost wishing she'd been there to witness the guy and judge him herself. From the way that Eve described him he sounded like any boy off the street. When Eve got upset about Icarus asking if she liked him she could only giggle. It was a question, and there was always the possibilty of 'love at first sight'. At the news that she'd be meeting the guy again giddiness overcame her for her friend. She gave an understanding nod as Eve went on to explain how the guy seemed to be more of Sparky's type, she supposed that if he and Eve didn't hit it off there was always the chance of them just being friends and possibly him and Sparky getting together. That would be considered if things didn't work between him and Eve. She tucked her legs under her trying to contain her excitement. "Okay....well this kind of thing hasn't happened to you before so let's just see where it takes you. Even if things don't work I'm sure you both can still be friends. And if you say he's different then I'm sure that means things will turn out differently than all the other times." she said, trying to stay positive and look towards all the potential. "What else?" she asked, hoing there was more to the story.
8d7o509.png
I was at my friend's house for two nights and I just recently got home; I'm exhausted, so I'll write out a response tomorrow :3
I was at my friend's house for two nights and I just recently got home; I'm exhausted, so I'll write out a response tomorrow :3
Okay, sorry that mine's kinda....blah. I'll try to respond as soon as I can but I'll probably end up being able to post some time Thursday afternoon. Everything is due on that day so I'm kinda stressing right now. XD
Okay, sorry that mine's kinda....blah. I'll try to respond as soon as I can but I'll probably end up being able to post some time Thursday afternoon. Everything is due on that day so I'm kinda stressing right now. XD
8d7o509.png
Oh nonsense, it's completely fine! If it takes a bit for you to answer, I don't mind a bit; your real life things that are due definitely take precedence, so just do your best not to stress too much, okay? Especially over the RP, no need to stress over it <3
Oh nonsense, it's completely fine! If it takes a bit for you to answer, I don't mind a bit; your real life things that are due definitely take precedence, so just do your best not to stress too much, okay? Especially over the RP, no need to stress over it <3
Sparky, having made a decision that was probably going to be forgotten before long, made a motion to flip the menu back shut with one hand. Misjudging said action, she instead pushed the menu off onto the floor, jumping at the slapping sound it made when it hit the tiles. Laughing to herself, she inched her seat backward to stand up and get the menu; being intoxicated didn’t mean she was going to expect someone else to pick it up.

“When are we gonna be able to-ooh, hi!” Sparky’s complaint stopped halfway through as one of the workers finally appeared at the table. He had bent to pick up the menu before the redhead could really get to her feet, setting it back on the table in front of her as a rather alarmed look skittered across the kid’s expression as the full weight of Sparky’s gaze landed on him, skating up and down once. Drunk or not, she knew cute when she saw it. “Hey, you’re actually cute. Any chance of finding out when you’re available?”

The black-haired man, who looked to be somewhere in his early twenties, furrowed his eyebrows in response to her obvious flirting and instead looked to the guy sitting across the table from her. “Is she drunk-”

“That doesn’t make my pass any less sincere!”

“-what can I get you two?” he continued, thoroughly ignoring Sparky.

~~

Eli’s eyes narrowed slightly in concern; Jay certainly didn’t look all that put together, at least not to the level he’d come to expect. Whatever was bothering him must have been bothering him quite a bit, especially if he was chasing down his younger sister while knowing she was doing something with her friends. Jay didn’t seem to be around much when Icarus was around others, only making the occasional appearance.

“It’s really not a big deal, Jay.” The words were sighed with a tinge of exasperation. What Eli chose to say wouldn’t matter, the guy wouldn’t accept any more help than he was willing to and Eli wasn’t someone to force his assistance on anyone. If Jay wanted to be stubborn, that was totally on his shoulders, and if Eli could catch up with Maria tonight, that was all for the better. “But fine, come on. The diner is a few blocks down, and Spark’s is a bit past that.”

He stood beside the park bench for a handful of moments, eyeing his new blond companion who didn’t seem to be about to move from his seat. “Do you need any support or anything?” he finally asked, his eyebrows now raising.

~~

“I know, I’m the worst at describing people, okay?” Eve sighed, flopping her arms on either side of her head to cover her face with the blanket she had. Once under the cover of the fabric, she let herself take one deep breath as she listened to what her friend had to say, her ears rather burning at the thought of one of the questions Icarus had asked.

Do you like him?

Well sure she did! He had saved her from yet another awkward walk-of-shame out of a restaurant she’d been stood up in, he’d managed to actually make her smile with the nickname game as well as the milkshake comments, he had paid for her part of the dinner when honestly he hadn’t needed to, and she’d be lying if she said he wasn’t attractive. Almost uncomfortably so, at least to Eve.

She’d grown up in the safe shadow of her tall, flirtatious, curvy sister who had nearly monopolized attention in every form of the word. For a long time, until Sparky fell, a lot of the attention that Eve got was actually from those trying to find an in with her sister. The old if I’m nice to her little sister, she’ll like me concept, and she had been too naïve to see until much later what exactly had been happening.

Needless to say, Dimitri easily would’ve fallen into that same pile. But he didn’t know her sister, so he couldn’t.

She quickly shook her head then, tugging the blanket back down to look at Cara on the couch beside her. “I…wouldn’t be too sure about that. He travels a lot so I don’t necessarily see him staying in touch if something doesn’t work out.” Eve said that as she looked down at her fingers, twisting strands on the shaggy blanket around her knuckles. She then shook that off; she was not going to look at the bad side right then. It would probably catch up to her soon enough as it was.

Taking a slow breath to steel herself for whatever reaction Icarus could possibly have to this information, Eve tacked on, “…we’re meeting next week for a soup-eating competition.”
Sparky, having made a decision that was probably going to be forgotten before long, made a motion to flip the menu back shut with one hand. Misjudging said action, she instead pushed the menu off onto the floor, jumping at the slapping sound it made when it hit the tiles. Laughing to herself, she inched her seat backward to stand up and get the menu; being intoxicated didn’t mean she was going to expect someone else to pick it up.

“When are we gonna be able to-ooh, hi!” Sparky’s complaint stopped halfway through as one of the workers finally appeared at the table. He had bent to pick up the menu before the redhead could really get to her feet, setting it back on the table in front of her as a rather alarmed look skittered across the kid’s expression as the full weight of Sparky’s gaze landed on him, skating up and down once. Drunk or not, she knew cute when she saw it. “Hey, you’re actually cute. Any chance of finding out when you’re available?”

The black-haired man, who looked to be somewhere in his early twenties, furrowed his eyebrows in response to her obvious flirting and instead looked to the guy sitting across the table from her. “Is she drunk-”

“That doesn’t make my pass any less sincere!”

“-what can I get you two?” he continued, thoroughly ignoring Sparky.

~~

Eli’s eyes narrowed slightly in concern; Jay certainly didn’t look all that put together, at least not to the level he’d come to expect. Whatever was bothering him must have been bothering him quite a bit, especially if he was chasing down his younger sister while knowing she was doing something with her friends. Jay didn’t seem to be around much when Icarus was around others, only making the occasional appearance.

“It’s really not a big deal, Jay.” The words were sighed with a tinge of exasperation. What Eli chose to say wouldn’t matter, the guy wouldn’t accept any more help than he was willing to and Eli wasn’t someone to force his assistance on anyone. If Jay wanted to be stubborn, that was totally on his shoulders, and if Eli could catch up with Maria tonight, that was all for the better. “But fine, come on. The diner is a few blocks down, and Spark’s is a bit past that.”

He stood beside the park bench for a handful of moments, eyeing his new blond companion who didn’t seem to be about to move from his seat. “Do you need any support or anything?” he finally asked, his eyebrows now raising.

~~

“I know, I’m the worst at describing people, okay?” Eve sighed, flopping her arms on either side of her head to cover her face with the blanket she had. Once under the cover of the fabric, she let herself take one deep breath as she listened to what her friend had to say, her ears rather burning at the thought of one of the questions Icarus had asked.

Do you like him?

Well sure she did! He had saved her from yet another awkward walk-of-shame out of a restaurant she’d been stood up in, he’d managed to actually make her smile with the nickname game as well as the milkshake comments, he had paid for her part of the dinner when honestly he hadn’t needed to, and she’d be lying if she said he wasn’t attractive. Almost uncomfortably so, at least to Eve.

She’d grown up in the safe shadow of her tall, flirtatious, curvy sister who had nearly monopolized attention in every form of the word. For a long time, until Sparky fell, a lot of the attention that Eve got was actually from those trying to find an in with her sister. The old if I’m nice to her little sister, she’ll like me concept, and she had been too naïve to see until much later what exactly had been happening.

Needless to say, Dimitri easily would’ve fallen into that same pile. But he didn’t know her sister, so he couldn’t.

She quickly shook her head then, tugging the blanket back down to look at Cara on the couch beside her. “I…wouldn’t be too sure about that. He travels a lot so I don’t necessarily see him staying in touch if something doesn’t work out.” Eve said that as she looked down at her fingers, twisting strands on the shaggy blanket around her knuckles. She then shook that off; she was not going to look at the bad side right then. It would probably catch up to her soon enough as it was.

Taking a slow breath to steel herself for whatever reaction Icarus could possibly have to this information, Eve tacked on, “…we’re meeting next week for a soup-eating competition.”
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13