Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Tale of Two Dragons [closed]
1 2 3 4 5
@Wakener [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19153963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/191540/19153963_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]TAIYO[/b] The young male Mirror grumbled to himself as he stalked through the starry undergrowth. His tail lashed, stirring up a few insects from the grasses and sending them flying into the air. This was just great. Taiyo had been sent out to "cool off" after he got into yet another argument with his cousin, Laharin, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't help how he was feeling; it was only natural that he would want his father to be King over his uncle. He deserved it more! Momentarily blinded by his anger, he didn't notice there was anyone in front of him until he ran straight into them. [i]"Hey!"[/i] He snapped, curling his lips back to show his sharp teeth. [i]"Watch where you're going, would you?" [/i]Even though he was the one at fault, he needed someone to blame for his bad mood. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17924546] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179246/17924546_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]SHEILA[/b] The new Coatl mother gazed down lovingly at her three newborns who suckled* blindly at her side. She had just given birth to her three beautiful babies: two girls and one boy, who were yet to be named. They seemed so tiny and helpless, and Sheila was painfully reminded of her inability to care for them. Not too long ago, the father of her kittens, Daenero, had run off on her, wanting to find a different mate and not wanting to stick around to help raise the babies he'd created. Sheila had been so upset that she'd run off, and then given birth to her babies in the hollowed-out space of an old oak tree. Her stomach began to growl, reminding her of her own hunger. As soon as the kittens had finished nursing and were curled up, sleeping happily, Sheila got up, pulling a small pelt over them to keep them warm while she left. Then, she carefully made her way out of the tree and started off in a random direction, sniffing at the air for any sign of water. [*I have a headcanon that some dragon species have live young and nurse them up to a certain age (mammal-like reptiles), and Coatls are one of those]
@Wakener

19153963_350.png
TAIYO

The young male Mirror grumbled to himself as he stalked through the starry undergrowth. His tail lashed, stirring up a few insects from the grasses and sending them flying into the air. This was just great. Taiyo had been sent out to "cool off" after he got into yet another argument with his cousin, Laharin, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't help how he was feeling; it was only natural that he would want his father to be King over his uncle. He deserved it more!

Momentarily blinded by his anger, he didn't notice there was anyone in front of him until he ran straight into them. "Hey!" He snapped, curling his lips back to show his sharp teeth. "Watch where you're going, would you?" Even though he was the one at fault, he needed someone to blame for his bad mood.

17924546_350.png
SHEILA

The new Coatl mother gazed down lovingly at her three newborns who suckled* blindly at her side. She had just given birth to her three beautiful babies: two girls and one boy, who were yet to be named. They seemed so tiny and helpless, and Sheila was painfully reminded of her inability to care for them. Not too long ago, the father of her kittens, Daenero, had run off on her, wanting to find a different mate and not wanting to stick around to help raise the babies he'd created. Sheila had been so upset that she'd run off, and then given birth to her babies in the hollowed-out space of an old oak tree.

Her stomach began to growl, reminding her of her own hunger. As soon as the kittens had finished nursing and were curled up, sleeping happily, Sheila got up, pulling a small pelt over them to keep them warm while she left. Then, she carefully made her way out of the tree and started off in a random direction, sniffing at the air for any sign of water.

[*I have a headcanon that some dragon species have live young and nurse them up to a certain age (mammal-like reptiles), and Coatls are one of those]
Kingdom Come: Clan Lore Story | Hope: Diary of a Slave |Tales from the Star Wood: Writing Shop | Hatchery | Leveling Service
@brianna100 ((That's rather interesting! I've never put much thought into it xD)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19333525] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/193336/19333525_350.png[/img] [/url] It was such a strange land, filled with stars. They glittered in the trees and brushed against her legs as the Pearlcatcher moved slowly through the undergrowth, golden eyes wide with wonder. The Starwood Strand was so different from her own, disease ridden, home. Elodie had come here on a bit of a break from her duties at the manor at Margot's behest, in fact the head maid had insisted that she leave. Elodie wasn't a fool. She knew she got underfoot much too often instead of being helpful, but with thousands of miniature stars around her, the burden of responsibility was gone from her shoulders and her steps were light as a laugh bubbled from her throat. She could forget about everything for now. There was no one here for her to offend, or for her to feel like she was in the way. The Mirror seemed to come out of no where, so caught up with looking at the trees she had been. Elodie dropped her pearl with a startled exclamation as the Mirror whirled on her with an angry retort and it rolled away into the grass. "[b]Oh! Oh[/b]!" Elodie scrambled after it, her ears flat, her peaceful reverie shattered. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18685936] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/186860/18685936_350.png[/img] [/url] Elodie was not alone in her venture to the Starwood Strand. An armored Spiral glided on the cool wind, the stars below him glittering as if the world were upside down and the sky was below rather then above. It was a bit disconcerting with the day sky above and the night below. He had been asked by Margot to make sure Elodie remained safe, but he was to remain at a distance. He had lost the Pearlcatcher awhile back and had been going back and forth in an attempt to retrace his path. He wasn't [i]too[/i] worried, but he would feel better once she was back in sight. On one of his backward sweeps he caught sight of a Coatl leaving the shelter of a hollowed out oak and he figured he could ask her if she had seen the Pearlcatcher. With a sweep of his wings, he circled down and landed among the grass, but the dragoness was already gone. However his ears twitched as he became aware of little noises coming from the tree. He slunk closer and tentatively stuck his head into the hollow, looking down on three little kittens. Clearly they were newborns and Verne wondered what had possessed the mother to leave them alone. He frowned, wondering if she had abandoned them. It wasn't uncommon, but the thought made him sick. Verne was torn now. He couldn't just leave these kittens here, even if their mother was going to return, but he also needed to track down Elodie. With a small huff, Verne decided he would wait and see if the Coatl returned. He carefully looped himself around the oak, his head resting in front of the entrance of the hollow as he settled in to wait.
@brianna100

((That's rather interesting! I've never put much thought into it xD))

19333525_350.png

It was such a strange land, filled with stars. They glittered in the trees and brushed against her legs as the Pearlcatcher moved slowly through the undergrowth, golden eyes wide with wonder. The Starwood Strand was so different from her own, disease ridden, home. Elodie had come here on a bit of a break from her duties at the manor at Margot's behest, in fact the head maid had insisted that she leave.

Elodie wasn't a fool. She knew she got underfoot much too often instead of being helpful, but with thousands of miniature stars around her, the burden of responsibility was gone from her shoulders and her steps were light as a laugh bubbled from her throat. She could forget about everything for now. There was no one here for her to offend, or for her to feel like she was in the way.

The Mirror seemed to come out of no where, so caught up with looking at the trees she had been. Elodie dropped her pearl with a startled exclamation as the Mirror whirled on her with an angry retort and it rolled away into the grass. "Oh! Oh!" Elodie scrambled after it, her ears flat, her peaceful reverie shattered.

18685936_350.png

Elodie was not alone in her venture to the Starwood Strand. An armored Spiral glided on the cool wind, the stars below him glittering as if the world were upside down and the sky was below rather then above. It was a bit disconcerting with the day sky above and the night below. He had been asked by Margot to make sure Elodie remained safe, but he was to remain at a distance.

He had lost the Pearlcatcher awhile back and had been going back and forth in an attempt to retrace his path. He wasn't too worried, but he would feel better once she was back in sight. On one of his backward sweeps he caught sight of a Coatl leaving the shelter of a hollowed out oak and he figured he could ask her if she had seen the Pearlcatcher.

With a sweep of his wings, he circled down and landed among the grass, but the dragoness was already gone. However his ears twitched as he became aware of little noises coming from the tree. He slunk closer and tentatively stuck his head into the hollow, looking down on three little kittens. Clearly they were newborns and Verne wondered what had possessed the mother to leave them alone.

He frowned, wondering if she had abandoned them. It wasn't uncommon, but the thought made him sick. Verne was torn now. He couldn't just leave these kittens here, even if their mother was going to return, but he also needed to track down Elodie. With a small huff, Verne decided he would wait and see if the Coatl returned. He carefully looped himself around the oak, his head resting in front of the entrance of the hollow as he settled in to wait.
91586610.png
@Wakener

TAIYO

Taiyo still had his lips curled when he noticed who it was he'd run into. She was a Pearlcatcher, and much smaller than him; Pearlcatchers were rarely fighting dragons, and this one appeared to be a young female. He relaxed slightly, but his crests were still raised and flushed with blood -- a recognizable symbol of aggression. That was just his nature. He could also tell that this female wasn't from around here; she certainly wasn't a member of his Kingdom, and she stank of disease.

"Who are you?" He growled again as he approached the female. She appeared to be searching for something, and with a jolt Taiyo realized she'd lost her pearl. There were many Pearlcatchers in his Kingdom, and he knew very well the importance of the pearl to a Pearlcatcher. Now he felt a bit guilty. He had startled her, so he was likely the reason she had dropped it. "...you lost your pearl, didn't you?"

SHEILA

It wasn't long before she found a water source in the form of a small babbling stream. Luckily enough for her, Sheila found a few crayfish near the shore, and also managed to catch a few small fish. It wasn't much, but it would be enough to keep her fed for the rest of the day. She also now knew that there was a source of food close to her makeshift den, which was definitely a good thing. The shorter the distance she had to travel away from her babies the better.

As she made her way back to the den, she stiffened. The scent of an unknown male hung heavy around the tree, which terrified her. Sheila knew that male dragons would occasionally steal or kill hatchlings in order to attempt to get the females to go into estrus sooner. Now fearing for the lives of her kittens, Sheila crossed the distance between her and the tree with a few big flaps of her wings, whirling around to face the opening.

Sitting there was a male Spiral she had never seen before. Sheila immediately hissed, getting onto her back legs and raising her feathered crests and puffing out her wings. "Get away from there!"
@Wakener

TAIYO

Taiyo still had his lips curled when he noticed who it was he'd run into. She was a Pearlcatcher, and much smaller than him; Pearlcatchers were rarely fighting dragons, and this one appeared to be a young female. He relaxed slightly, but his crests were still raised and flushed with blood -- a recognizable symbol of aggression. That was just his nature. He could also tell that this female wasn't from around here; she certainly wasn't a member of his Kingdom, and she stank of disease.

"Who are you?" He growled again as he approached the female. She appeared to be searching for something, and with a jolt Taiyo realized she'd lost her pearl. There were many Pearlcatchers in his Kingdom, and he knew very well the importance of the pearl to a Pearlcatcher. Now he felt a bit guilty. He had startled her, so he was likely the reason she had dropped it. "...you lost your pearl, didn't you?"

SHEILA

It wasn't long before she found a water source in the form of a small babbling stream. Luckily enough for her, Sheila found a few crayfish near the shore, and also managed to catch a few small fish. It wasn't much, but it would be enough to keep her fed for the rest of the day. She also now knew that there was a source of food close to her makeshift den, which was definitely a good thing. The shorter the distance she had to travel away from her babies the better.

As she made her way back to the den, she stiffened. The scent of an unknown male hung heavy around the tree, which terrified her. Sheila knew that male dragons would occasionally steal or kill hatchlings in order to attempt to get the females to go into estrus sooner. Now fearing for the lives of her kittens, Sheila crossed the distance between her and the tree with a few big flaps of her wings, whirling around to face the opening.

Sitting there was a male Spiral she had never seen before. Sheila immediately hissed, getting onto her back legs and raising her feathered crests and puffing out her wings. "Get away from there!"
Kingdom Come: Clan Lore Story | Hope: Diary of a Slave |Tales from the Star Wood: Writing Shop | Hatchery | Leveling Service
@brianna100

Elodie

All too aware of the Mirror dogging her pawsteps, Elodie frantically brushed through the undergrowth. Her ears went flatter with each aggressive word spat at her as he demanded a name, and it was only the fact that she couldn't find her pearl that kept her from fleeing on the spot.

The Mirror finally got her attention when he mentioned her pearl. Elodie whirled around, the bow tied around her neck flopping about with her movements. "It couldn't have gotten far!" She exclaimed, her voice small with fear of facing down the larger Mirror. "I didn't see you, Monsieur, I am very sorry!" She went on, voice cracking in panic.

She turned her back on him and resumed her search, trying to find a familiar glint among the starbrushed grass.

~~~

Verne

Verne heard the Coatl's approach before he saw her, his training making him aware of her presence before she announced herself. She stood in front of him, on her hind legs, her feathered crests raised threatening as she hissed at him to get away. Calmly, Verne unraveled himself from around the tree and stepped away, so that he was no longer between her and the hatchlings.

"Ah, my apologizes, Mademoiselle," he dipped his head. He would have offered her a bow, but it was rather hard to do such a thing when one was a Spiral. "I did not mean to frighten, I was worried for your hatchlings when I found them alone."

His posture was loose, unaggressive. He wasn't sure what he would do if the dragoness attacked him. Obviously he wasn't about to hurt her or her hatchlings. He would just have to leave, but... "Do you require help, Mademoiselle?" He decided to ask, finding it a bit odd that she was out here alone. He smelled no other males nearby.
@brianna100

Elodie

All too aware of the Mirror dogging her pawsteps, Elodie frantically brushed through the undergrowth. Her ears went flatter with each aggressive word spat at her as he demanded a name, and it was only the fact that she couldn't find her pearl that kept her from fleeing on the spot.

The Mirror finally got her attention when he mentioned her pearl. Elodie whirled around, the bow tied around her neck flopping about with her movements. "It couldn't have gotten far!" She exclaimed, her voice small with fear of facing down the larger Mirror. "I didn't see you, Monsieur, I am very sorry!" She went on, voice cracking in panic.

She turned her back on him and resumed her search, trying to find a familiar glint among the starbrushed grass.

~~~

Verne

Verne heard the Coatl's approach before he saw her, his training making him aware of her presence before she announced herself. She stood in front of him, on her hind legs, her feathered crests raised threatening as she hissed at him to get away. Calmly, Verne unraveled himself from around the tree and stepped away, so that he was no longer between her and the hatchlings.

"Ah, my apologizes, Mademoiselle," he dipped his head. He would have offered her a bow, but it was rather hard to do such a thing when one was a Spiral. "I did not mean to frighten, I was worried for your hatchlings when I found them alone."

His posture was loose, unaggressive. He wasn't sure what he would do if the dragoness attacked him. Obviously he wasn't about to hurt her or her hatchlings. He would just have to leave, but... "Do you require help, Mademoiselle?" He decided to ask, finding it a bit odd that she was out here alone. He smelled no other males nearby.
91586610.png
@Wakener
TAIYO

The Mirror snorted at her words and rolled his eyes. "Maybe you should watch out next time," he muttered, tail lashing. He whipped his head around to face her again, quickening his pace as she did to hers. Even if she wasn't a real threat, she was an intruder on his territory. "And keep a better hold on what's important to you."

A strange glint caught Taiyo's eye, and he walked over to a clump of bushes. Sitting underneath it was a shiny, round object -- unmistakably a Pearlcatcher's pearl. Reaching out with one claw, he flicked it out from underneath the bush and pushed it towards Elodie. "Is this what you're looking for?" He grunted.

SHEILA

Upon realizing that this Spiral meant her no harm, Sheila began to calm down. She fell back down onto all fours and hurried to the oak tree, poking her head inside to examine her kittens. They were all still sleeping peacefully under the pelt she'd pulled under them, purring and squeaking as they slept. She gave a sigh of relief, then pulled out to look at the Spiral.

When he asked if she needed help, Sheila dipped her head slightly. It was true that she was at a disadvantage, and her newborns would be completely helpless for at least the next two weeks. There was no way she could raise them on her own, especially since she was a first time mother.

"Yes," she replied a bit bashfully. "You see -- my mate left me, so I had to have my kittens alone."
@Wakener
TAIYO

The Mirror snorted at her words and rolled his eyes. "Maybe you should watch out next time," he muttered, tail lashing. He whipped his head around to face her again, quickening his pace as she did to hers. Even if she wasn't a real threat, she was an intruder on his territory. "And keep a better hold on what's important to you."

A strange glint caught Taiyo's eye, and he walked over to a clump of bushes. Sitting underneath it was a shiny, round object -- unmistakably a Pearlcatcher's pearl. Reaching out with one claw, he flicked it out from underneath the bush and pushed it towards Elodie. "Is this what you're looking for?" He grunted.

SHEILA

Upon realizing that this Spiral meant her no harm, Sheila began to calm down. She fell back down onto all fours and hurried to the oak tree, poking her head inside to examine her kittens. They were all still sleeping peacefully under the pelt she'd pulled under them, purring and squeaking as they slept. She gave a sigh of relief, then pulled out to look at the Spiral.

When he asked if she needed help, Sheila dipped her head slightly. It was true that she was at a disadvantage, and her newborns would be completely helpless for at least the next two weeks. There was no way she could raise them on her own, especially since she was a first time mother.

"Yes," she replied a bit bashfully. "You see -- my mate left me, so I had to have my kittens alone."
@brianna100

Elodie

Elodie couldn't help an embarrassed blush at the Mirror's scathing remarks about losing her pearl. It seemed even here, in the middle of no where, she couldn't escape from those who were constantly berating her for one thing or another.

She decided to ignore him. However that didn't last very long when he found her pearl first and pushed it in her direction. Elodie pounced on it with a delighted squeal, fear momentarily forgotten in her joy. She hugged the pearl to her chest. "Oh thank you, Monsieur!" She purred, rubbing her paw over the pearl to get rid of some of the dirt clinging to it's smooth surface.

~~~

Verne

It was as he had suspected. She was alone, and with newborn hatchlings to boot. Verne's ears twitched in contemplation as he mulled the situation over, tapping one claw on the ground. It wouldn't have been very chivalrous of him to up and leave, even if he had no obligation to this dragoness. But the fact that her mate had done just that made him angry. What a heartless soul he must have been!

"What would you like me to do?" He would stay and help for a bit. Elodie would turn up one way or another.
@brianna100

Elodie

Elodie couldn't help an embarrassed blush at the Mirror's scathing remarks about losing her pearl. It seemed even here, in the middle of no where, she couldn't escape from those who were constantly berating her for one thing or another.

She decided to ignore him. However that didn't last very long when he found her pearl first and pushed it in her direction. Elodie pounced on it with a delighted squeal, fear momentarily forgotten in her joy. She hugged the pearl to her chest. "Oh thank you, Monsieur!" She purred, rubbing her paw over the pearl to get rid of some of the dirt clinging to it's smooth surface.

~~~

Verne

It was as he had suspected. She was alone, and with newborn hatchlings to boot. Verne's ears twitched in contemplation as he mulled the situation over, tapping one claw on the ground. It wouldn't have been very chivalrous of him to up and leave, even if he had no obligation to this dragoness. But the fact that her mate had done just that made him angry. What a heartless soul he must have been!

"What would you like me to do?" He would stay and help for a bit. Elodie would turn up one way or another.
91586610.png
@Wakener
TAIYO

He couldn't help but smile a bit at seeing her be reunited with her pearl again. The smile was gone as quickly as it came, however, and now Taiyo sat down, determined to get some answers out of the other dragon. "Now that's over, you can tell me your name, where you come from, and why you're here." This would also have to be reported back to his family, of course. They couldn't just have outsiders running around willy-nilly in their territory.

SHEILA

At his question, Sheila's crests pressed flat against the back of her neck. She had no idea what she wanted him to do; he likely had his own clan to get back to. "If it isn't too much trouble," she started to say, shifting her paws, "or -- if you can get away from your clan during the day, it would be kind of you to watch the babies while I hunt. At least until they're big enough to start using their magic."

She turned her face away from the other dragon, expecting him to decline. She wouldn't be surprised if he did.
@Wakener
TAIYO

He couldn't help but smile a bit at seeing her be reunited with her pearl again. The smile was gone as quickly as it came, however, and now Taiyo sat down, determined to get some answers out of the other dragon. "Now that's over, you can tell me your name, where you come from, and why you're here." This would also have to be reported back to his family, of course. They couldn't just have outsiders running around willy-nilly in their territory.

SHEILA

At his question, Sheila's crests pressed flat against the back of her neck. She had no idea what she wanted him to do; he likely had his own clan to get back to. "If it isn't too much trouble," she started to say, shifting her paws, "or -- if you can get away from your clan during the day, it would be kind of you to watch the babies while I hunt. At least until they're big enough to start using their magic."

She turned her face away from the other dragon, expecting him to decline. She wouldn't be surprised if he did.
@brianna100

Elodie

Her demeanor instantly returned to her earlier fearful state as her ears went back and she tightened her grip on her pearl, hugging it so close to her chest that it was rather hard to breathe, but the solid form in her arms comforted her like nothing else could.

"I... I am Elodie, Monsieur," she stuttered out, "I come from the Abiding Boneyard in the Scarred Wasteland, and um... I am... on a break," she finished lamely. It was obvious to her now that she was trespassing, having crossed some unseen line without realizing it. She wasn't used to living wild, being used to the manor and it's enclosed property.

~~~

Verne

Verne turned the dragoness' idea over in his mind. It could work. Jeremy could take a few extra shifts once Verne explained the situation to him. In fact he could probably bring some food from their kitchen to this dragoness. He was sure Fay would be all over it if he told her about the dragoness and her hatchlings and he was sure they had the food to spare, if he added it alongside whatever the Coatl brought back from her hunts.

"Yes, I could do that. My clan is only a few hours flight from here." He noted when she turned away from him and he stepped forward, voice softening. "I am Verne and I will help you, Mademoiselle...?" He trailed off, hoping to catch her name.
@brianna100

Elodie

Her demeanor instantly returned to her earlier fearful state as her ears went back and she tightened her grip on her pearl, hugging it so close to her chest that it was rather hard to breathe, but the solid form in her arms comforted her like nothing else could.

"I... I am Elodie, Monsieur," she stuttered out, "I come from the Abiding Boneyard in the Scarred Wasteland, and um... I am... on a break," she finished lamely. It was obvious to her now that she was trespassing, having crossed some unseen line without realizing it. She wasn't used to living wild, being used to the manor and it's enclosed property.

~~~

Verne

Verne turned the dragoness' idea over in his mind. It could work. Jeremy could take a few extra shifts once Verne explained the situation to him. In fact he could probably bring some food from their kitchen to this dragoness. He was sure Fay would be all over it if he told her about the dragoness and her hatchlings and he was sure they had the food to spare, if he added it alongside whatever the Coatl brought back from her hunts.

"Yes, I could do that. My clan is only a few hours flight from here." He noted when she turned away from him and he stepped forward, voice softening. "I am Verne and I will help you, Mademoiselle...?" He trailed off, hoping to catch her name.
91586610.png
@Wakener
TAIYO

The Mirror gave a heavy sigh at Elodie's fearful nature and rolled his eyes. He wasn't the most emotional of creatures, or the most compassionate, but he hated to see dragons upset. That was something he would never admit, of course, if he wanted to keep up his "tough guy" image.

Taiyo flicked his tail. "Oh, relax. I'm not gonna hurt you." He leaned over to sniff her more closely, and paced around her as he did. "Abiding Boneyard, huh? What're you doin' so far from home?"

SHEILA

Upon realizing he was waiting for her name, Sheila extended one paw. "Um, Sheila...thank you so much, Mister Verne. I don't know how I could repay you." She was lucky enough that he wasn't trying to hurt her babies, and even luckier in that he was willing to help her. Of course, she was sure that the members of her Clan would be willing to help, especially her mother, but she didn't want to return to the place where her former mate would be waiting.

"You probably have better things to do," Sheila said gently, looking away again. "I think I'll be alright for the rest of the day..."
@Wakener
TAIYO

The Mirror gave a heavy sigh at Elodie's fearful nature and rolled his eyes. He wasn't the most emotional of creatures, or the most compassionate, but he hated to see dragons upset. That was something he would never admit, of course, if he wanted to keep up his "tough guy" image.

Taiyo flicked his tail. "Oh, relax. I'm not gonna hurt you." He leaned over to sniff her more closely, and paced around her as he did. "Abiding Boneyard, huh? What're you doin' so far from home?"

SHEILA

Upon realizing he was waiting for her name, Sheila extended one paw. "Um, Sheila...thank you so much, Mister Verne. I don't know how I could repay you." She was lucky enough that he wasn't trying to hurt her babies, and even luckier in that he was willing to help her. Of course, she was sure that the members of her Clan would be willing to help, especially her mother, but she didn't want to return to the place where her former mate would be waiting.

"You probably have better things to do," Sheila said gently, looking away again. "I think I'll be alright for the rest of the day..."
@brianna100

Elodie

Elodie drew back ever so slightly when the Mirror leaned forward to sniff her. If her ears went any flatter to her skull they would have vanished right into her head. She was starting to miss the safety of the walls of the manor. It was too open here, too exposed. Her little foray into the Starwood Strand was suddenly not so enchanting.

"I... I am on a break, like I said," Elodie tried her best to draw herself up, but her quaking was making it hard as the Mirror started to circle her. She realized that she was completely at his mercy should he decide she was a threat. Even if her element had the advantage over his, she was down right clumsy when it came to her magic, just as she was with most things.

~~~

Verne

Verne kept his movements slow, unhurried, as he reached out to take her smaller paw in his own, giving it a quick shake before he withdrew his paw. "Just Verne if you please, Mademoiselle," he dipped his head. "I require no payment. I am rather fond of hatchlings," he smiled as he glanced down at the blanket enshrouded forms.

At the mention of other things he let out a low hum. "Yes, actually. That is why I came down here in the first place. Have you, by chance, seen a Pearlcatcher come through here? She is brown in color with yellow ribbons. A nervous little thing really."
@brianna100

Elodie

Elodie drew back ever so slightly when the Mirror leaned forward to sniff her. If her ears went any flatter to her skull they would have vanished right into her head. She was starting to miss the safety of the walls of the manor. It was too open here, too exposed. Her little foray into the Starwood Strand was suddenly not so enchanting.

"I... I am on a break, like I said," Elodie tried her best to draw herself up, but her quaking was making it hard as the Mirror started to circle her. She realized that she was completely at his mercy should he decide she was a threat. Even if her element had the advantage over his, she was down right clumsy when it came to her magic, just as she was with most things.

~~~

Verne

Verne kept his movements slow, unhurried, as he reached out to take her smaller paw in his own, giving it a quick shake before he withdrew his paw. "Just Verne if you please, Mademoiselle," he dipped his head. "I require no payment. I am rather fond of hatchlings," he smiled as he glanced down at the blanket enshrouded forms.

At the mention of other things he let out a low hum. "Yes, actually. That is why I came down here in the first place. Have you, by chance, seen a Pearlcatcher come through here? She is brown in color with yellow ribbons. A nervous little thing really."
91586610.png
1 2 3 4 5