Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hope: Diary of a Slave
1 2 3
[center][size=6][b]HOPE: DIARY OF A SLAVE[/b][/size][/center] [b]Summary:[/b] Esperanza, called "Needless" by her captors, was sold as a slave to a dragon plantation, in a society where Plague dragons, especially females and Mirror dragons, are seen as nothing. Eventually, she accidentally gets pregnant, and in order to save her future hatchlings, she must make an incredibly difficult decision: risk running away to a safer place, or stay and risk her life and those of her hatchlings? [b]Characters:[/b] [i]Esperanza[/i] - name meaning "to hope" in Spanish. A young female Mirror who was sold at an early age into slavery. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17773174]Roux[/url] - one of the owners of the plantation. Roux is the calmer and older one between the two dragons. While he is equally evil, he always thinks first before he acts. He is the only one who is able to calm his brother Rouge. He is the logic rather than the brawn. His brother never acts without his consent. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18068446]Rouge[/url] - the second owner of the plantation. Rouge is the aggressive and the younger one between the two brothers. He is brutal and rough in his ways. While his brother solves problems with his mind, Rouge will not hesitate to slaughter his way through his problems. Unstable and quick tempered, he needs his brother to calm him down when he goes berserk. [b]Chapters:[/b] Introduction (page 1) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1695048/1#post_16546282]Entry 1[/url] Entry 2 (page 2) Entry 3 (page 2) [b]Pinglist:[/b] [quote]@slp0001 @Cryptodraco @Crystalcave @duskflower @KallenTheSylveon[/quote]
HOPE: DIARY OF A SLAVE

Summary: Esperanza, called "Needless" by her captors, was sold as a slave to a dragon plantation, in a society where Plague dragons, especially females and Mirror dragons, are seen as nothing. Eventually, she accidentally gets pregnant, and in order to save her future hatchlings, she must make an incredibly difficult decision: risk running away to a safer place, or stay and risk her life and those of her hatchlings?

Characters:

Esperanza - name meaning "to hope" in Spanish. A young female Mirror who was sold at an early age into slavery.
Roux - one of the owners of the plantation. Roux is the calmer and older one between the two dragons. While he is equally evil, he always thinks first before he acts. He is the only one who is able to calm his brother Rouge. He is the logic rather than the brawn. His brother never acts without his consent.
Rouge - the second owner of the plantation. Rouge is the aggressive and the younger one between the two brothers. He is brutal and rough in his ways. While his brother solves problems with his mind, Rouge will not hesitate to slaughter his way through his problems. Unstable and quick tempered, he needs his brother to calm him down when he goes berserk.

Chapters:
Introduction (page 1)
Entry 1
Entry 2 (page 2)
Entry 3 (page 2)

Pinglist:
Kingdom Come: Clan Lore Story | Hope: Diary of a Slave |Tales from the Star Wood: Writing Shop | Hatchery | Leveling Service
Introduction

I do not know much about myself, or my past. There is not much to know, I think, or at least that is what I was told. All I can really remember are my parents: they were Mirrors like me. I wonder if they knew what was going to happen to me. I wonder if they tried to stop it.

I was sold into slavery by the former Clan leader when I was a hatchling. Looking back on it, it comes as no surprise to me. I am a Mirror, and a Plague-born one at that, and also a female. I am worthless on all accounts. I do not even have physical beauty to aid me; my skin is strange, blue, and splotchy. There are spines across my back, and no one wants to touch me. My eyes gleam red, like blood.

This is not the first plantation I have been on. I have been moved around and jostled so many times, I didn't think there was anything new I could experience. But I was wrong...I was so wrong.

Should I die during my journey, I want at least this diary to remain of me. I will not allow my story to die with me, in the hopes that a dragon who can change these circumstances will learn of it.

My name is Esperanza, Needless, and this is my story.
Introduction

I do not know much about myself, or my past. There is not much to know, I think, or at least that is what I was told. All I can really remember are my parents: they were Mirrors like me. I wonder if they knew what was going to happen to me. I wonder if they tried to stop it.

I was sold into slavery by the former Clan leader when I was a hatchling. Looking back on it, it comes as no surprise to me. I am a Mirror, and a Plague-born one at that, and also a female. I am worthless on all accounts. I do not even have physical beauty to aid me; my skin is strange, blue, and splotchy. There are spines across my back, and no one wants to touch me. My eyes gleam red, like blood.

This is not the first plantation I have been on. I have been moved around and jostled so many times, I didn't think there was anything new I could experience. But I was wrong...I was so wrong.

Should I die during my journey, I want at least this diary to remain of me. I will not allow my story to die with me, in the hopes that a dragon who can change these circumstances will learn of it.

My name is Esperanza, Needless, and this is my story.
Kingdom Come: Clan Lore Story | Hope: Diary of a Slave |Tales from the Star Wood: Writing Shop | Hatchery | Leveling Service
@brianna100
This sounds like it could be very interesting... could I be put on the pinglist?
@brianna100
This sounds like it could be very interesting... could I be put on the pinglist?
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
@slp0001 sure, adding you now
@slp0001 sure, adding you now
Add me to the pinglist, I'd love to read this as it goes on!
@brianna100
Add me to the pinglist, I'd love to read this as it goes on!
@brianna100
DWUBZ.gif
@Cryptodraco sure, thank you!
@Cryptodraco sure, thank you!
@slp0001 @Cryptodraco
Day 4 of the Lightweaver's Month

I am used to working long days, but not like this. For some reason, the two brothers who run this plantation prefer to keep me inside as a house slave. I can see the ones who work outside glare at me with jealousy in their eyes. We have been told that house slaves have it better than those who work outside, but they have no idea the horrors I face inside.

The two brothers -- Roux and Rouge, I have learned -- expect me to be a house dragon, but I have never done any of the work they want me to do in my life. I am used to being outside, hunting, collecting food. But they do not care about that. They only expect me to do as I am told, and I do that, but I cannot do it the way they want.

For example, today the older one Roux wanted me to sew up a hole in one of his knickers. I have no idea how to do that, but they said since I was a female dragon I must know. I do not know if it is something other females my age learn how to do, but circumstances being how they were, I never learned. I did not do a good job, which prompted the younger brother Rouge into a flying rage. He attacked me, clawing at my sides and face with his deadly extended claw. His brother managed to stop him, but the damage was done. They sent me back to my quarters to "recover", but I doubt they will give me much time. I fear the scratches may scar, marring my featured even more.

I do not know if I will leave this plantation alive.
@slp0001 @Cryptodraco
Day 4 of the Lightweaver's Month

I am used to working long days, but not like this. For some reason, the two brothers who run this plantation prefer to keep me inside as a house slave. I can see the ones who work outside glare at me with jealousy in their eyes. We have been told that house slaves have it better than those who work outside, but they have no idea the horrors I face inside.

The two brothers -- Roux and Rouge, I have learned -- expect me to be a house dragon, but I have never done any of the work they want me to do in my life. I am used to being outside, hunting, collecting food. But they do not care about that. They only expect me to do as I am told, and I do that, but I cannot do it the way they want.

For example, today the older one Roux wanted me to sew up a hole in one of his knickers. I have no idea how to do that, but they said since I was a female dragon I must know. I do not know if it is something other females my age learn how to do, but circumstances being how they were, I never learned. I did not do a good job, which prompted the younger brother Rouge into a flying rage. He attacked me, clawing at my sides and face with his deadly extended claw. His brother managed to stop him, but the damage was done. They sent me back to my quarters to "recover", but I doubt they will give me much time. I fear the scratches may scar, marring my featured even more.

I do not know if I will leave this plantation alive.
@brianna100
Wow, this is great! I saw your link, and would like to be put on this pinglist as well, please!
@brianna100
Wow, this is great! I saw your link, and would like to be put on this pinglist as well, please!
@Crystalcave @slp0001 @Cryptodraco

sure, I can add you! Also, just so you know, I'm planning on updating this today!
@Crystalcave @slp0001 @Cryptodraco

sure, I can add you! Also, just so you know, I'm planning on updating this today!
Add me to the ping list :O
Add me to the ping list :O

aKHNXwM.png
1 2 3