Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 53 54
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6610087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/66101/6610087_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Skydancers preened. Spirals didn't preen. Spitz [i]especialy[/i] didn't preen, but he admited to himself he might have been preening just a little bit as he proudly answered Quetz's questions. This was his time to shine after all! He was the best inventor in his clan and now it was time for the world to know it! And rubbing it in the face of members of Lightning Flight that an Arcane dragon from Wind Flight could be just as good at science as that workaholic bunch would be an extra bonus. His wings fluttered happily at the thought. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11687432] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116875/11687432_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The mirror walking slightly behind him gave his backmost wings a quick swat. "Spitz, you're practicaly vibrating. Can't you calm down just a little?" "Absolutely not this is just so exciting how can you not be Quartz?" He asked all in a rush, causing a few other dragons passing by them to glance their way, wondering if someone had let the Spiral have a little too much coffee that morning. However anyone who'd spent any time at Wayfarer's Rest would know that a calm Spitz was already pretty over hyperactive even for a Spiral. "I'm excited yes but," Quartz glanced nervously about, "there's just so many dragons in this competition. What if our invention pales in comparison to the rest of them?" Spitz snorted. "Magic is not inferior or incompatible with science. Your helmet proves it." Quarz seemed to cheer up a bit at the reference to their joint submission. She felt naked without it's comforting weight on it's head, but it was a pretty amazing device. [center]~ ~ ~[/center] "WHERE IS IT?!?!" The Mirror shrieked as she tore through the storeroom, not caring about the potential collateral damage she was causing to other dragons' submissions. Spitz hurried after the frantic dragon, doing his best to prevent most of the previously mentioned colateral damage while at the same time trying to grab her in order to try and pin her down. Or at least trip her up as she was twice his size. Finaly he managed and they both went sprawling to the ground in a tangle of wings and limbs. While Quartz seemed to have regained her senses enough that she wasn't ransaking the place anymore, she was still clearly distraught. "Spitz, we need to find it. It's not a matter of pride. I'm [i]useless[/i] without it! I won't be of any help to the clan and Zevran will kick me out of the Crows and find a better sniper and-" "Sush!" Spitz shouted loud enough to be heard over her frantic cries, and gave her a comforting pat on the shoulder. Once she quieted he continued on, taking the effort to slow his speech down enough to appear concerned. "MJN is good at what they do, aren't they?" He asked, referring to the clan's transport team who'd delivered the helmet last week, "They came back with a signed receipt and everything so we know it's [i]here.[/i] You go look and see if it was simply misplaced somewhere. [i]Calmly.[/i] She nodded, but still looked distraught. "What are you going to do?" She asked as she started to disentangle herself from the Spiral's coils. [b]Spitz's large eyes gleamed with delight as he started drumming his talons against the floor and looking around the storage room, brain whirring and processing as he took in every scrap of metal and wire that was laying about, whether it had been there before or was remnants from Quartz's rampage. "I'mgonnabuildsomethingevenbetter," he said in an almost sing-song hum. ((C))[/b] ((oh man...it's so weird seeing Quartz without her headgear on, but I figured it would be better if I kept it off for the duration of the game as it's gone missing....hope they find it or she's going to murder me for loosing it!))
Skydancers preened. Spirals didn't preen. Spitz especialy didn't preen, but he admited to himself he might have been preening just a little bit as he proudly answered Quetz's questions. This was his time to shine after all! He was the best inventor in his clan and now it was time for the world to know it!

And rubbing it in the face of members of Lightning Flight that an Arcane dragon from Wind Flight could be just as good at science as that workaholic bunch would be an extra bonus. His wings fluttered happily at the thought.

The mirror walking slightly behind him gave his backmost wings a quick swat. "Spitz, you're practicaly vibrating. Can't you calm down just a little?"

"Absolutely not this is just so exciting how can you not be Quartz?" He asked all in a rush, causing a few other dragons passing by them to glance their way, wondering if someone had let the Spiral have a little too much coffee that morning. However anyone who'd spent any time at Wayfarer's Rest would know that a calm Spitz was already pretty over hyperactive even for a Spiral.

"I'm excited yes but," Quartz glanced nervously about, "there's just so many dragons in this competition. What if our invention pales in comparison to the rest of them?"

Spitz snorted. "Magic is not inferior or incompatible with science. Your helmet proves it."

Quarz seemed to cheer up a bit at the reference to their joint submission. She felt naked without it's comforting weight on it's head, but it was a pretty amazing device.
~ ~ ~

"WHERE IS IT?!?!" The Mirror shrieked as she tore through the storeroom, not caring about the potential collateral damage she was causing to other dragons' submissions. Spitz hurried after the frantic dragon, doing his best to prevent most of the previously mentioned colateral damage while at the same time trying to grab her in order to try and pin her down. Or at least trip her up as she was twice his size.

Finaly he managed and they both went sprawling to the ground in a tangle of wings and limbs. While Quartz seemed to have regained her senses enough that she wasn't ransaking the place anymore, she was still clearly distraught. "Spitz, we need to find it. It's not a matter of pride. I'm useless without it! I won't be of any help to the clan and Zevran will kick me out of the Crows and find a better sniper and-"

"Sush!" Spitz shouted loud enough to be heard over her frantic cries, and gave her a comforting pat on the shoulder. Once she quieted he continued on, taking the effort to slow his speech down enough to appear concerned. "MJN is good at what they do, aren't they?" He asked, referring to the clan's transport team who'd delivered the helmet last week, "They came back with a signed receipt and everything so we know it's here. You go look and see if it was simply misplaced somewhere. Calmly.

She nodded, but still looked distraught. "What are you going to do?" She asked as she started to disentangle herself from the Spiral's coils.

Spitz's large eyes gleamed with delight as he started drumming his talons against the floor and looking around the storage room, brain whirring and processing as he took in every scrap of metal and wire that was laying about, whether it had been there before or was remnants from Quartz's rampage. "I'mgonnabuildsomethingevenbetter," he said in an almost sing-song hum. ((C))

((oh man...it's so weird seeing Quartz without her headgear on, but I figured it would be better if I kept it off for the duration of the game as it's gone missing....hope they find it or she's going to murder me for loosing it!))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7402758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74028/7402758_350.png[/img] [/url] Samael stared at the empty space where his invention should have been, feeling foolish and close to panicking. He should never have let himself be talked into coming here in the first place. There was a reason he had left his birthplace, after all. He hated competitions, he hated crowds, he hated all the organized chaos and hectic activity. He just wasn't made out for this! He'd just [i]known[/i] something would go wrong. What was he going to do now? He was an inventor without an invention. He was going to make a fool of himself. He... [i]Alright, calm down Samael. Breathe. No reason to panic yet.[/i] There was still time until the official presentation, time to find out what had happened to his invention. Maybe he'd misinterpreted the map somehow? Maybe it had simply been misplaced? He considered going back to speak with the Coatl who had met him at the entrance, but decided against it. He had looked pretty busy... and if Samael had misunderstood the instructions, or maybe they had left his invention just around the next corner, then he'd look really silly, getting everyone worked up over nothing. He should be capable to find his own invention, right? He'd just quickly look through the other storage rooms. It had to be [i]somewhere[/i] here, right? It had to be... Crest raised high in agitation, he set off in the direction of the next storage section. [b]Day 1: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?[/b]

7402758_350.png

Samael stared at the empty space where his invention should have been, feeling foolish and close to panicking. He should never have let himself be talked into coming here in the first place. There was a reason he had left his birthplace, after all. He hated competitions, he hated crowds, he hated all the organized chaos and hectic activity. He just wasn't made out for this!

He'd just known something would go wrong. What was he going to do now? He was an inventor without an invention. He was going to make a fool of himself. He...

Alright, calm down Samael. Breathe. No reason to panic yet.

There was still time until the official presentation, time to find out what had happened to his invention. Maybe he'd misinterpreted the map somehow? Maybe it had simply been misplaced? He considered going back to speak with the Coatl who had met him at the entrance, but decided against it. He had looked pretty busy... and if Samael had misunderstood the instructions, or maybe they had left his invention just around the next corner, then he'd look really silly, getting everyone worked up over nothing. He should be capable to find his own invention, right? He'd just quickly look through the other storage rooms. It had to be somewhere here, right? It had to be... Crest raised high in agitation, he set off in the direction of the next storage section.

Day 1: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?

cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5723553] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/57236/5723553_350.png[/img] [/url] Obeah wasn't, exactly, what you would call an inventor; if anything, he was the [i]farthest[/i] thing from one a person (or, rather, a [i]dragon[/i] could call an 'inventor'), yet, for some odd reason, he had found himself...drawn to this faire. Mayhap it had been the crackling and jumping electricity, or it could have been just how large a structure it was. Well, whatever the reason, it mattered not to the skydancer as he stepped inside and paused. [i]"Hello, fellow inventor!"[/i] Obeah said little to nothing at the greeting. He only cast the Coatl a look from beneath his cowl and quietly sighed. Check in? Well, he supposed it wouldn't be too bad to -- Wait, what? He had already gotten his nametag and map? And why had it been pinned to the top of his cowl? Couldn't it have gone onto his shirt? Really, now, that was so -- [i]'Ah, well.'[/i] He sighed to himself and he moved himself out of the way of his fellow dragonfolk, walking about and taking a gander at some of the various inventions that had already been set up, before he made his way to the warehouse proper. It wasn't like he was in an entire hurry, or anything; Obeah took things in stride, attempted to go as slow as possible despite the fact that he actually worked diligently, and as quietly, as possible. It was the reason he had been able to keep his little 'invention' underwraps in his Clan's cave. His little area, full of magic and spells, tucked away in the back and now he could finally share what he had been working on for so long with -- "...uh?" His tail whipped to and fro, wings unfurling slightly before they quivered in what could only be taken as disbelief from the cowled dragon. Once more, a sigh escaped his maw as he sifted through the boxes once again, more carefully this time, but it was no avail. "Well..." [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.[/b]

5723553_350.png

Obeah wasn't, exactly, what you would call an inventor; if anything, he was the farthest thing from one a person (or, rather, a dragon could call an 'inventor'), yet, for some odd reason, he had found himself...drawn to this faire. Mayhap it had been the crackling and jumping electricity, or it could have been just how large a structure it was.

Well, whatever the reason, it mattered not to the skydancer as he stepped inside and paused.

"Hello, fellow inventor!"

Obeah said little to nothing at the greeting. He only cast the Coatl a look from beneath his cowl and quietly sighed. Check in? Well, he supposed it wouldn't be too bad to --

Wait, what? He had already gotten his nametag and map? And why had it been pinned to the top of his cowl? Couldn't it have gone onto his shirt? Really, now, that was so --

'Ah, well.' He sighed to himself and he moved himself out of the way of his fellow dragonfolk, walking about and taking a gander at some of the various inventions that had already been set up, before he made his way to the warehouse proper. It wasn't like he was in an entire hurry, or anything; Obeah took things in stride, attempted to go as slow as possible despite the fact that he actually worked diligently, and as quietly, as possible. It was the reason he had been able to keep his little 'invention' underwraps in his Clan's cave. His little area, full of magic and spells, tucked away in the back and now he could finally share what he had been working on for so long with --

"...uh?"

His tail whipped to and fro, wings unfurling slightly before they quivered in what could only be taken as disbelief from the cowled dragon. Once more, a sigh escaped his maw as he sifted through the boxes once again, more carefully this time, but it was no avail.

"Well..."

B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.
Always do whatever's next.
- George Carlin
partymini.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4526656] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/45267/4526656_350.png[/img] [/url] "[i]Ursa[/i]." Dorothea shook the upended crate once more, but not even a spare gear fell out. The wooden container cracks as the Coatl throws it against the wall -- still to no new mechanical parts -- and drops to the floor. "Spark that brain, Dorothea... Spark...!" As the dragon ruminates, a banded owlcat lands atop the now broken pile of planks. Her expression steels as the owlcat nuzzles her flanks. "Keep close, Humphrey. We're going to be off digging..." [b]C) Look around for parts in storage. Maybe there’s a section here that has inventions others forgot to pick up?[/b]

4526656_350.png

"Ursa."

Dorothea shook the upended crate once more, but not even a spare gear fell out. The wooden container cracks as the Coatl throws it against the wall -- still to no new mechanical parts -- and drops to the floor.

"Spark that brain, Dorothea... Spark...!"

As the dragon ruminates, a banded owlcat lands atop the now broken pile of planks. Her expression steels as the owlcat nuzzles her flanks.

"Keep close, Humphrey. We're going to be off digging..."

C) Look around for parts in storage. Maybe there’s a section here that has inventions others forgot to pick up?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1771800] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17719/1771800_350.png[/img] [/url] Agatha [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3307357] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33074/3307357_350.png[/img] [/url] CastleHeterodyne [i]Agatha is the inventor. Castle Heterodyne is her ancestral home reincarnated as a dragon.[/i] Agatha pawed frantically through the extra boxes, as other dragons dodged around each other doing precisely the same thing. She had an easier time of it than some because the Castle curved around her to form a moving bulwark and glowered at anyone who tried to crowd her. She finally huffed and stopped to think, beckoning the Castle out of the room and into the hallway where, despite a fair amount of traffic, there was a good deal more space and less chaos. She took out the map again and carefully compared both the room designation and the configuration of corridors. "This is the right place," she said in frustration. "It's just not [i]here[/i]." "It should have activated and destroyed the thief by now," the Castle growled. "And possibly the building." "I don't [i]want[/i] the building destroyed," Agatha said irritably. Someone brushed past them, ruffling her feathers, and she clambered onto the Castle's shoulders with a hop and flap to make more room. "It's a nice building. Not like you, of course." "At least the thief. You put in too many safeguards." "I'm not sure there even [i]is[/i] a thief," said Agatha, arching her long neck to peer back around the edge of the doorway. "Given how many dragons are tearing through the boxes, this looks more like some kind of administrative mixup that happened after we dropped it off last night. That wouldn't have activated any of the security features." The Castle turned its head around to give her an unimpressed look. "It [i]should[/i]. If you'd entered [i]me[/i]--" "You're not my invention!" "--I assure you I wouldn't have stood for with such treatment! And you shouldn't either," it added. "If it won't handle itself, build something new and destroy them all for being so careless as to lose it!" It was tempting. It was so [i]ridiculous[/i] that they had managed to lose her invention, let alone what appeared to be at least an entire roomful of potentially valuable and dangerous projects. This was either malice or unconscionable foolishness, and in either case it [i]deserved--[/i] Agatha checked herself and rolled her eyes. "Why did I even bring you?" The Castle huffed at her. "Freight," it said drily. "You didn't want to carry it yourself." "I [i]could have built it capable of walking[/i]," Agatha growled. The Castle opened its mouth, scowling, and then paused with a sudden thoughtful expression. Agatha felt a frisson of alarm. "Mistress," the Castle said, "did you not add legs on the way?" Agatha was forced to admit that this might have been the case. The Castle appeared to be trying, not very hard, not to snicker. "Perhaps it wandered off." Agatha sighed. "...Ooops." Her Guardian Castle cast a worryingly admiring look around. "Do you suppose it looted the rest of the storage room? Not a bad idea, my lady...." Agatha groaned and picked her head up again, realizing that the problem was by no means fully explained. "No, no, I doubt that." She hadn't built in any major self-modifying capabilities this time, had she? "But you're right, I do need to build something new. Maybe a way to track it down. Let me go see if there's anything around here I can work with." She consulted the map and set off to [b]C) Look around for parts in storage.[/b]

1771800_350.png

Agatha

3307357_350.png

CastleHeterodyne

Agatha is the inventor. Castle Heterodyne is her ancestral home reincarnated as a dragon.

Agatha pawed frantically through the extra boxes, as other dragons dodged around each other doing precisely the same thing. She had an easier time of it than some because the Castle curved around her to form a moving bulwark and glowered at anyone who tried to crowd her.

She finally huffed and stopped to think, beckoning the Castle out of the room and into the hallway where, despite a fair amount of traffic, there was a good deal more space and less chaos. She took out the map again and carefully compared both the room designation and the configuration of corridors.

"This is the right place," she said in frustration. "It's just not here."

"It should have activated and destroyed the thief by now," the Castle growled. "And possibly the building."

"I don't want the building destroyed," Agatha said irritably. Someone brushed past them, ruffling her feathers, and she clambered onto the Castle's shoulders with a hop and flap to make more room. "It's a nice building. Not like you, of course."

"At least the thief. You put in too many safeguards."

"I'm not sure there even is a thief," said Agatha, arching her long neck to peer back around the edge of the doorway. "Given how many dragons are tearing through the boxes, this looks more like some kind of administrative mixup that happened after we dropped it off last night. That wouldn't have activated any of the security features."

The Castle turned its head around to give her an unimpressed look. "It should. If you'd entered me--"

"You're not my invention!"

"--I assure you I wouldn't have stood for with such treatment! And you shouldn't either," it added. "If it won't handle itself, build something new and destroy them all for being so careless as to lose it!"

It was tempting. It was so ridiculous that they had managed to lose her invention, let alone what appeared to be at least an entire roomful of potentially valuable and dangerous projects. This was either malice or unconscionable foolishness, and in either case it deserved--

Agatha checked herself and rolled her eyes. "Why did I even bring you?"

The Castle huffed at her. "Freight," it said drily. "You didn't want to carry it yourself."

"I could have built it capable of walking," Agatha growled.

The Castle opened its mouth, scowling, and then paused with a sudden thoughtful expression.

Agatha felt a frisson of alarm.

"Mistress," the Castle said, "did you not add legs on the way?"

Agatha was forced to admit that this might have been the case.

The Castle appeared to be trying, not very hard, not to snicker. "Perhaps it wandered off."

Agatha sighed. "...Ooops."

Her Guardian Castle cast a worryingly admiring look around. "Do you suppose it looted the rest of the storage room? Not a bad idea, my lady...."

Agatha groaned and picked her head up again, realizing that the problem was by no means fully explained. "No, no, I doubt that." She hadn't built in any major self-modifying capabilities this time, had she? "But you're right, I do need to build something new. Maybe a way to track it down. Let me go see if there's anything around here I can work with." She consulted the map and set off to C) Look around for parts in storage.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3206903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32070/3206903_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Eggplant adjusted her glasses worriedly, double-checking her map. She was most certainly in the right room...it must be somewhere else. Sighing, she resigned herself to checking the other storage rooms. She wouldn't lower herself to stealing, and she certainly didn't have enough time to rebuild the thing. The Faire was so large...[i]Well,[/i] she thought, puffing her chest out,[i] time to get to work.[/i] [b]Day 1, Sunday: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?[/b]

Eggplant adjusted her glasses worriedly, double-checking her map. She was most certainly in the right room...it must be somewhere else.

Sighing, she resigned herself to checking the other storage rooms. She wouldn't lower herself to stealing, and she certainly didn't have enough time to rebuild the thing. The Faire was so large...Well, she thought, puffing her chest out, time to get to work.

Day 1, Sunday: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6932971] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69330/6932971_350.png[/img] [/url] This was so exciting! PoomPoom, never dreamed that one day he would journey to the Tempest Spire to present his little gadget for the whole of Sornieth to see. The air was abuzz with excitement and electricity, he could hear the constant humming, whirling, and clicking of machinery. Now PoomPoom was no skilled technician, but out of necessity became the handyman of his clan. He stood in humbled awe of his surroundings before the moment was ruined by a grumbling guardian. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9426750] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/94268/9426750_350.png[/img] [/url] "What confounded clutter here is! All the racket from these doohickies will give me a headache 'fore noon." PoomPoom turned to look at his large companion, "Thanks for coming with me, Barbados. Let's hurry to the storage room, it should be quieter there." - - - - - Gone. It was just gone. PoomPoom could feel in the pit of his stomach dread start to give rise to panic. He did another sweep of the room and still no sign of his stuff. "I can't find it, how could it not be here?!" "Yer sure we're in the right room?" "Yes, this is the room circled on the map," PoomPoom checked his map again, "I don't understand, maybe that coatl gave us the wrong directions?" The guardian snorted, "I hear the land loppers 'round these parts are rather light-clawed." "No, I don't think anyone stole it. It was just misplaced, yes, that has to be it" said PoomPoom as he paced. "Barbados, you carried it here for me, where did you see it last?" "Er, can't remember." "Barbados!" "But I swear on me mum I turned it in! Took a detour is all. Got roped in some sort o' fancy trim election and saw many strange gapseed on me way." He lowered his head, recalling some of the things he witnessed in the creat a golem section, "Science has gone too far." PoomPoom started at him for a full minute, both in annoyance and curiosity. What exactly made the brazen pirate look like he'd seen a ghost? No matter, something had to be done now if he was to enter the invention contest. Perhaps he could scrap together something new? Deeming finding his lost goods highly unlikely amidst the faire, he better start looking for parts now. "Why not pilfer through some o' this junk?" Barbados said while tipping over a box. The sound of shattering glass could be heard from inside, causing the small fae to flinch. "The nozzled curs call it 'borrowing.' I see no reason to not partake in this tradition." "No, we're not going to steal," the fae deadpanned. Why would they have to? They were at the Spire, the center of all technological advances in the world! There had to be a ton of stuff they could use. "We're [b]going outside to look for parts[/b]," he exclaimed. [b]Choice B[/b]

6932971_350.png

This was so exciting! PoomPoom, never dreamed that one day he would journey to the Tempest Spire to present his little gadget for the whole of Sornieth to see. The air was abuzz with excitement and electricity, he could hear the constant humming, whirling, and clicking of machinery. Now PoomPoom was no skilled technician, but out of necessity became the handyman of his clan. He stood in humbled awe of his surroundings before the moment was ruined by a grumbling guardian.

9426750_350.png

"What confounded clutter here is! All the racket from these doohickies will give me a headache 'fore noon."
PoomPoom turned to look at his large companion, "Thanks for coming with me, Barbados. Let's hurry to the storage room, it should be quieter there."
- - - - -
Gone. It was just gone. PoomPoom could feel in the pit of his stomach dread start to give rise to panic. He did another sweep of the room and still no sign of his stuff.

"I can't find it, how could it not be here?!"
"Yer sure we're in the right room?"
"Yes, this is the room circled on the map," PoomPoom checked his map again, "I don't understand, maybe that coatl gave us the wrong directions?"
The guardian snorted, "I hear the land loppers 'round these parts are rather light-clawed."
"No, I don't think anyone stole it. It was just misplaced, yes, that has to be it" said PoomPoom as he paced. "Barbados, you carried it here for me, where did you see it last?"
"Er, can't remember."
"Barbados!"
"But I swear on me mum I turned it in! Took a detour is all. Got roped in some sort o' fancy trim election and saw many strange gapseed on me way." He lowered his head, recalling some of the things he witnessed in the creat a golem section, "Science has gone too far."

PoomPoom started at him for a full minute, both in annoyance and curiosity. What exactly made the brazen pirate look like he'd seen a ghost? No matter, something had to be done now if he was to enter the invention contest. Perhaps he could scrap together something new? Deeming finding his lost goods highly unlikely amidst the faire, he better start looking for parts now.

"Why not pilfer through some o' this junk?" Barbados said while tipping over a box. The sound of shattering glass could be heard from inside, causing the small fae to flinch. "The nozzled curs call it 'borrowing.' I see no reason to not partake in this tradition."

"No, we're not going to steal," the fae deadpanned. Why would they have to? They were at the Spire, the center of all technological advances in the world! There had to be a ton of stuff they could use. "We're going outside to look for parts," he exclaimed.

Choice B
wb_choco.pngK2soLRu.png6x9oPGe.pngVl8ccQX.gif
[center][b]Day 1, Sunday[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14403321] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/144034/14403321_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Arra sat back and compared the sign with the map. "STOR 3," she mumbled, looking back and forth at every letter, just the be sure. After spending several seconds at this, she was sure. STOR 3. Right here. She hadn't gotten lost. No, she had a very good sense of direction. The solitary Steelhound, named (as if to taunt Arra with her own lack of imagination) Steelheart, whimpered at her heel. "Hush, bud," Arra said to it, more to calm her own nerves than the canine golem's. "I'm sure there's some sort of mix-up." Or maybe there wasn't a mix-up. After all, she'd been very clear. She hadn't written down the wrong name or anything, had she? Two R's? She checked her nametag. The Coatl had heard right. Besides, she couldn't figure out how she would have done [i]that[/i]. No... Her invention just wasn't here. "Was it stolen?" she wondered aloud. Steelheart abruptly sneezed and smiled up at her. Arra frowned. "Oh, be quiet. I'm sure it was good enough to be stolen. I mean... I don't know; I think it was pretty good." Steelheart sneezed again. Arra looked around and then at the map. It would take forever to look through all the rooms. She'd worked for hours and days and months on the invention, and there was an advantage to that. Most inventors knew their machines inside and out, but Arra needed a certain repetition to get anything to stick in her brain. She could rebuild it. Arra looked down at the Steelhound and grinned. Its tail waved once, tentatively. Arra bounded back toward the entrance, waving for Steelheart to follow. "Come on, bud! [b]This is Lightning Territory, after all. Maybe someone's dropped something useful![/b]" [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention.[/b]
Day 1, Sunday

Arra sat back and compared the sign with the map. "STOR 3," she mumbled, looking back and forth at every letter, just the be sure. After spending several seconds at this, she was sure. STOR 3. Right here. She hadn't gotten lost. No, she had a very good sense of direction.

The solitary Steelhound, named (as if to taunt Arra with her own lack of imagination) Steelheart, whimpered at her heel. "Hush, bud," Arra said to it, more to calm her own nerves than the canine golem's. "I'm sure there's some sort of mix-up."

Or maybe there wasn't a mix-up. After all, she'd been very clear. She hadn't written down the wrong name or anything, had she? Two R's? She checked her nametag. The Coatl had heard right. Besides, she couldn't figure out how she would have done that. No... Her invention just wasn't here.

"Was it stolen?" she wondered aloud. Steelheart abruptly sneezed and smiled up at her. Arra frowned. "Oh, be quiet. I'm sure it was good enough to be stolen. I mean... I don't know; I think it was pretty good." Steelheart sneezed again.

Arra looked around and then at the map. It would take forever to look through all the rooms. She'd worked for hours and days and months on the invention, and there was an advantage to that. Most inventors knew their machines inside and out, but Arra needed a certain repetition to get anything to stick in her brain.

She could rebuild it.

Arra looked down at the Steelhound and grinned. Its tail waved once, tentatively. Arra bounded back toward the entrance, waving for Steelheart to follow. "Come on, bud! This is Lightning Territory, after all. Maybe someone's dropped something useful!"

B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=349243] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3493/349243_350.png[/img] [/url] Static felt himself start to panic. There was no way he could rebuild his invention in time! His equipment was limited, nevermind finding the parts. [i]This was a disaster.[/i] This was supposed to be his stunning debut! An achievement! Now, he had nothing to show for all of his hard work. He took a few calming deep breaths. Perhaps he was overreacting. Looking around, he saw boxes and boxes stacked around him. While everything looked organized... it was certainly a possibility that his invention got put in the wrong location or the Fae had provided him with the wrong number. Yes, he decided he'd first [b]D) check all the storage sections for the invention. Maybe it got misplaced?[/b] Then, if he couldn't find it... well, he'd panic then.

349243_350.png

Static felt himself start to panic. There was no way he could rebuild his invention in time! His equipment was limited, nevermind finding the parts. This was a disaster. This was supposed to be his stunning debut! An achievement! Now, he had nothing to show for all of his hard work.

He took a few calming deep breaths. Perhaps he was overreacting. Looking around, he saw boxes and boxes stacked around him. While everything looked organized... it was certainly a possibility that his invention got put in the wrong location or the Fae had provided him with the wrong number. Yes, he decided he'd first D) check all the storage sections for the invention. Maybe it got misplaced? Then, if he couldn't find it... well, he'd panic then.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4774352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47744/4774352_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, oh goodness..." Tesla fluttered his wings, darting back and forth in front of his empty storage space as though it might somehow cause his lost invention to manifest. "Stormcatcher preserve me - it's not here!" It [i]had[/i] to be here - he'd entrusted his clan's courier to deliver it with the utmost of care, and she'd never failed before! "What am I going to do now?" The blank eyes of his hovering golem offered no answers. In desperation, he looked down at his familiar as it waited below. The trusty Voltspire Intruder was nosing around absently. "Goodness me---" The fae returned back to panicking. All of his delusions of grandeur - catching the eye of The Boss himself with his clever machination, impressing the much larger dragons of his clan upon his triumphant return home - they were quickly going out the window. "After all of that [i]work[/i]..." Deflated, Tesla cast his eyes downward, only to see his familiar wandering off in his peripheral vision. The bear was still sniffing at something... Tesla scrambled to catch up, suddenly seizing on the idea. "Can you smell something?" he asked the bear. "Something familiar from home?" His invention could still very well be here, just misplaced in another storage area. "It simply [i]must[/i] be here - find it, dear friend!" [b] D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced? [/b]

4774352_350.png

"Oh, oh goodness..." Tesla fluttered his wings, darting back and forth in front of his empty storage space as though it might somehow cause his lost invention to manifest. "Stormcatcher preserve me - it's not here!" It had to be here - he'd entrusted his clan's courier to deliver it with the utmost of care, and she'd never failed before! "What am I going to do now?" The blank eyes of his hovering golem offered no answers. In desperation, he looked down at his familiar as it waited below. The trusty Voltspire Intruder was nosing around absently. "Goodness me---" The fae returned back to panicking. All of his delusions of grandeur - catching the eye of The Boss himself with his clever machination, impressing the much larger dragons of his clan upon his triumphant return home - they were quickly going out the window. "After all of that work..."

Deflated, Tesla cast his eyes downward, only to see his familiar wandering off in his peripheral vision. The bear was still sniffing at something... Tesla scrambled to catch up, suddenly seizing on the idea. "Can you smell something?" he asked the bear. "Something familiar from home?" His invention could still very well be here, just misplaced in another storage area. "It simply must be here - find it, dear friend!"

D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 53 54