Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4039838] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40399/4039838_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Ah, home again at last,[/i] thought Xen as he adjusted his bags for another week in the Expanse. His grizzly companion gave a soft sigh, triggering a light scratch behind the ears from his master. Xen tapped his gauntlet and directed a few signs at the viewport. "Not to worry, we will be there soon," the golem cooed to the massive bear. [i]Hopefully this will go better than last year's internship,[/i] Xen thought. His mind wandered to what could have possibly happened to that copy machine after it sped off into the wasteland. The strange pair arrived at the structure and looked up in some degree of awe at the spire. Xen jotted down a few notes along with a small sketch, this would certainly be something to tell the clan about. "Hello, fellow inventor!" called an eccentric, though properly thematic Coatl. Xen jumped back, caught a tad off guard. His frills billowed with startled excitement as he stared at this rather peculiar dragon. "Welcome to the Thundercrack World Faire! My name is Quetzalcoatl, but you can call me Quetz! What’s your name? I need to get you checked in so you can go to the back to get your invention and set up!” He seemed excited, how nice. Xen tapped the gauntlet a few more times, signing fervently as Quetz asked his questions. The golem responded better than he had expected with such complicated things, though he made a few mental notes to update the sign database just in case. Quetz seemed pleased as punch with the results. “Alright sounds good! Here’s your nametag and a map, the storage room where your invention is at is in this room,” Quetz chirped. He handed the materials to the golem who dropped them in front of Xen, who made another note to handle fine motor controls a tad better. Xen looked at Quetz one last time before heading in and tapped his chin twice, a gentle thanks for all of his assistance. [i]Time to get this show on the road[/i] One would think that a fae riding a bear into a busy convention hall would turn heads, but the various dragons seemed so engaged with their work that few even blinked an eye at him. Xen deemed that a good thing, Ursa was known for being skiddish and the last thing he wanted was for some dragon to accidentally start a fight. He made his way back to the storage room that Quetz had indicated and.... [i]Oh...[/i] It was gone. Strange, he'd been informed with the flier that the invention would be transported ahead of time and he'd simply have to come in to tune it. He even sent it out with the fastest flier that clan Fairewind had; although now that he thought about it, Cynfal might not have been the best choice for handling important materials. [i]I've been in worse. At least no one has attacked us yet,[/i] Xen thought with a solid nod. Of course, without an invention this trip was a wash; he'd nothing to show. He pondered briefly before deciding that, surely there was something he could whip up in time. He was resourceful, it said so on his transcripts from the internship! [i]Ursa will remain here, I will find materials, this will get done.[/i] Xen sat the Grizzley down before flying off to [b]C) Look around for parts in storage. Maybe there’s a section here that has inventions others forgot to pick up?[/b] He'd figure out what he could build with them [i]after[/i] he had everything on hand.

4039838_350.png

Ah, home again at last, thought Xen as he adjusted his bags for another week in the Expanse. His grizzly companion gave a soft sigh, triggering a light scratch behind the ears from his master. Xen tapped his gauntlet and directed a few signs at the viewport.
"Not to worry, we will be there soon," the golem cooed to the massive bear.
Hopefully this will go better than last year's internship, Xen thought. His mind wandered to what could have possibly happened to that copy machine after it sped off into the wasteland.

The strange pair arrived at the structure and looked up in some degree of awe at the spire. Xen jotted down a few notes along with a small sketch, this would certainly be something to tell the clan about.
"Hello, fellow inventor!" called an eccentric, though properly thematic Coatl. Xen jumped back, caught a tad off guard. His frills billowed with startled excitement as he stared at this rather peculiar dragon. "Welcome to the Thundercrack World Faire! My name is Quetzalcoatl, but you can call me Quetz! What’s your name? I need to get you checked in so you can go to the back to get your invention and set up!” He seemed excited, how nice.
Xen tapped the gauntlet a few more times, signing fervently as Quetz asked his questions. The golem responded better than he had expected with such complicated things, though he made a few mental notes to update the sign database just in case.
Quetz seemed pleased as punch with the results.
“Alright sounds good! Here’s your nametag and a map, the storage room where your invention is at is in this room,” Quetz chirped. He handed the materials to the golem who dropped them in front of Xen, who made another note to handle fine motor controls a tad better. Xen looked at Quetz one last time before heading in and tapped his chin twice, a gentle thanks for all of his assistance.
Time to get this show on the road

One would think that a fae riding a bear into a busy convention hall would turn heads, but the various dragons seemed so engaged with their work that few even blinked an eye at him. Xen deemed that a good thing, Ursa was known for being skiddish and the last thing he wanted was for some dragon to accidentally start a fight. He made his way back to the storage room that Quetz had indicated and....
Oh...
It was gone. Strange, he'd been informed with the flier that the invention would be transported ahead of time and he'd simply have to come in to tune it. He even sent it out with the fastest flier that clan Fairewind had; although now that he thought about it, Cynfal might not have been the best choice for handling important materials.
I've been in worse. At least no one has attacked us yet, Xen thought with a solid nod. Of course, without an invention this trip was a wash; he'd nothing to show. He pondered briefly before deciding that, surely there was something he could whip up in time. He was resourceful, it said so on his transcripts from the internship!
Ursa will remain here, I will find materials, this will get done.
Xen sat the Grizzley down before flying off to C) Look around for parts in storage. Maybe there’s a section here that has inventions others forgot to pick up? He'd figure out what he could build with them after he had everything on hand.
2irkjyq.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1759043] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17591/1759043_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1908947] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/19090/1908947_350.png[/img] [/url] Antissa and Kiniro searched the warehouse where their invention should've been. "Why does this always happen to [i]us[/i]?" Kiniro said to no one in particular. "I just wanted to have fun at the Carnivale with my girlfriend without anything going wrong! Is that so much to ask?" "Don't worry, babe! Our invention has to be here somewhere!" Antissa replied. "Ant, we've looked everywhere. Twice. It's not in here." Kiniro was starting to panic. "We'll just have to improvise then. They must have a bunch of inventions from past years that were never picked up, maybe we can toss together some parts from those!" "Okay then..." Kiniro was not happy about this development. Antissa, on the other claw, was certain this would work. They weren't about to give up, that's for sure. [b](C) Look around for parts in storage[/b]

1759043_350.png

1908947_350.png

Antissa and Kiniro searched the warehouse where their invention should've been. "Why does this always happen to us?" Kiniro said to no one in particular. "I just wanted to have fun at the Carnivale with my girlfriend without anything going wrong! Is that so much to ask?"

"Don't worry, babe! Our invention has to be here somewhere!" Antissa replied.

"Ant, we've looked everywhere. Twice. It's not in here." Kiniro was starting to panic.

"We'll just have to improvise then. They must have a bunch of inventions from past years that were never picked up, maybe we can toss together some parts from those!"

"Okay then..." Kiniro was not happy about this development. Antissa, on the other claw, was certain this would work. They weren't about to give up, that's for sure.

(C) Look around for parts in storage
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4890540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48906/4890540_350.png[/img] [/url][b]Day 1[/b] Tyran panics at first he thinks to himself "okay calm down you can think of something there's plenty of time to come up with an idea." still panicking his familiar Daisy the Autumn dryad helps calm him down. He's pretty sure his invention has been stolen now that his calm down he thinks to himself "i can do this in a great inventor i can make an invention with time to spare after all this is lighting territory it's sure to be littered with spare part's. I repaired a golem gauntlet with a paper clip and chewing gum after all!" [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all.[/b]

4890540_350.png
Day 1 Tyran panics at first he thinks to himself "okay calm down you can think of something there's plenty of time to come up with an idea." still panicking his familiar Daisy the Autumn dryad helps calm him down.

He's pretty sure his invention has been stolen now that his calm down he thinks to himself "i can do this in a great inventor i can make an invention with time to spare after all this is lighting territory it's sure to be littered with spare part's. I repaired a golem gauntlet with a paper clip and chewing gum after all!" B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13934915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139350/13934915_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Come on, come on, it's got to be around here somewhere... I didn't come all this way for nothing! It... It's got to be here...[/i] The Wildclaw sat back and sighed, rubbing at his aching arms. This was pointless. His invention was gone, and now he had nothing to present to the judges. Why did he even think he stood a chance in the first place? Everyone else's inventions were all much more useful, more creative, and just... Better. Better than his invention had been, anyways. Tundra exited the storage room, his tail dragging along the floor, and plopped himself down on an unoccupied bench. Gloomily, he stared out the window, his bright blue gaze sweeping over the bare landscape, the wire draped everywhere, the scrap metal strewn all about the ground... Wait... [i]That's it![/i] He was in Lightning territory, wasn't he? And where Lightning dragons are, there's pretty much anything and everything related to inventing and work nearby! The Wildclaw shot up out of the seat and raced to the door, nearly missing several complex inventions in the process. Behind him, his Boolean companion weaved through the maze of inventions with ease, occasionally stopping to gaze admiringly at some elegant-looking ones. A couple hasty "sorry"s were thrown over his shoulder (punctuated by one "Hurry up, Leon!"), but besides, that, Tundra didn't slow or stop once on his way to the exit. Once there, he stopped for a moment to catch his breath, right talon half-curled around the handle. Leon buzzed up beside him, giving him a reassuring wing-pat as he settled onto the Wildclaw's back. Tundra was too caught up in his own thoughts to notice. Exhilaration and excitement were slowly mixing up in his mind to create a small bit of confidence; a single thought that dared to scroll through his head. [i]I can still do it! I can still win this![/i] [b][B: Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.] [/b]

Come on, come on, it's got to be around here somewhere... I didn't come all this way for nothing! It... It's got to be here...

The Wildclaw sat back and sighed, rubbing at his aching arms. This was pointless. His invention was gone, and now he had nothing to present to the judges. Why did he even think he stood a chance in the first place? Everyone else's inventions were all much more useful, more creative, and just... Better. Better than his invention had been, anyways.

Tundra exited the storage room, his tail dragging along the floor, and plopped himself down on an unoccupied bench. Gloomily, he stared out the window, his bright blue gaze sweeping over the bare landscape, the wire draped everywhere, the scrap metal strewn all about the ground...

Wait...

That's it!

He was in Lightning territory, wasn't he? And where Lightning dragons are, there's pretty much anything and everything related to inventing and work nearby!

The Wildclaw shot up out of the seat and raced to the door, nearly missing several complex inventions in the process. Behind him, his Boolean companion weaved through the maze of inventions with ease, occasionally stopping to gaze admiringly at some elegant-looking ones. A couple hasty "sorry"s were thrown over his shoulder (punctuated by one "Hurry up, Leon!"), but besides, that, Tundra didn't slow or stop once on his way to the exit. Once there, he stopped for a moment to catch his breath, right talon half-curled around the handle. Leon buzzed up beside him, giving him a reassuring wing-pat as he settled onto the Wildclaw's back.

Tundra was too caught up in his own thoughts to notice. Exhilaration and excitement were slowly mixing up in his mind to create a small bit of confidence; a single thought that dared to scroll through his head.

I can still do it! I can still win this!

[B: Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.]
globules.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9694721] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/96948/9694721_350.png[/img] [/url] ERROR CODE 551 INVENTION MISSING BUILD NEW INVENTION Y/N? (Y) ERROR CODE 78 PARTS NOT AVAILABLE. ACQUIRE NEW INVENTION? (Y/N) (Y) NEW INVENTION ACQUIRED. [B](Day One: A) Steal someone else’s invention. There are tons of them here! If you’re lucky the inventor of the one you steal borrow doesn’t show up.)[/B]

9694721_350.png

ERROR CODE 551
INVENTION MISSING

BUILD NEW INVENTION Y/N?

(Y)

ERROR CODE 78
PARTS NOT AVAILABLE.

ACQUIRE NEW INVENTION? (Y/N)

(Y)

NEW INVENTION ACQUIRED.

(Day One: A) Steal someone else’s invention. There are tons of them here! If you’re lucky the inventor of the one you steal borrow doesn’t show up.)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] Thistledown splayed his claws in frustration. He had spent the better part of two months working on this invention. The many late nights illuminated by the glowing bulb before his eyes had not gone unnoticed by his clanmate Sequoia, who, as usual, expressed her concern for his well being and told him "to go to sleep and work on it in the morning" Ah well. [b]B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful.[/b] A new challenge wasn't such a bad thing after all... Thistledown's mind was already racing down different paths as to what he could use. Maybe it would turn out even better, especially since his original had been made from the rusted over materials he had scavenged from near his clan's lair.

6929589_350.png

Thistledown splayed his claws in frustration. He had spent the better part of two months working on this invention. The many late nights illuminated by the glowing bulb before his eyes had not gone unnoticed by his clanmate Sequoia, who, as usual, expressed her concern for his well being and told him "to go to sleep and work on it in the morning"

Ah well. B) Head outside to look for some parts to rebuild your invention. This is Lightning territory after all, maybe someone dropped something useful. A new challenge wasn't such a bad thing after all... Thistledown's mind was already racing down different paths as to what he could use. Maybe it would turn out even better, especially since his original had been made from the rusted over materials he had scavenged from near his clan's lair.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13303597] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133036/13303597_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Choice D: Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced? [/b] Day: Sunday @Stormdragon RP is not required for anything besides the "Best RP" price, correct?

13303597_350.png

Choice D: Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?
Day: Sunday

@Stormdragon
RP is not required for anything besides the "Best RP" price, correct?
[center]Xolotl #3324121 [/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3324121] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33242/3324121_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Day 1: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced? [/b] (Umm...I'm so nervous. I don't know if I should think logically or like a lightning dragon-no offense. lol!)
Xolotl #3324121

Day 1: D) Check all the storage sections for your invention. Maybe it got misplaced?

(Umm...I'm so nervous. I don't know if I should think logically or like a lightning dragon-no offense. lol!)
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3054555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30546/3054555_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple] Gardenia frowned, peeking under the table to check that his invention hadn't fallen under there. It hadn't. With a sigh, he peeked around, feeling a sense of relief when he saw one or two other dragons fretting over empty tables- yet more missing inventions! [i]"And Lightning prides itself on being efficient,"[/i] Gardenia mused, fingering the feather in his cap. He wondered briefly whether it had been misplaced, then thought better of it- if it had been here, then it [i]would've[/i] been here. Efficient or not, you can't misplace a thing that had already been lost. [i]"I guess I'm going to have to re-build it... Thankfully I brought along the little bit of parchment that had all the instructions on how to make it. I guess I'll have to [b]go outside to look for some parts[/b]."[/i] With that, Gardenia turned around and ambled out of the room, hoping to find some kind souls that would help him. {Option B}

3054555_350.png

Gardenia frowned, peeking under the table to check that his invention hadn't fallen under there.
It hadn't.
With a sigh, he peeked around, feeling a sense of relief when he saw one or two other dragons fretting over empty tables- yet more missing inventions!

"And Lightning prides itself on being efficient," Gardenia mused, fingering the feather in his cap.
He wondered briefly whether it had been misplaced, then thought better of it- if it had been here, then it would've been here. Efficient or not, you can't misplace a thing that had already been lost.

"I guess I'm going to have to re-build it... Thankfully I brought along the little bit of parchment that had all the instructions on how to make it. I guess I'll have to go outside to look for some parts."

With that, Gardenia turned around and ambled out of the room, hoping to find some kind souls that would help him.

{Option B}
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12109483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121095/12109483_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] SeaDawn happily approached the Tempest Spire, frills occasionally twitching with excitement. Today was the day his invention would be displayed at the Faire; he'd worked many long hours to complete it in time. His main goal wasn't to win any prizes, though that would make him quite pleased, but rather to display his knowledge and ingenuity. He was more than content with that, and the honour of being able to participate in the Fair itself. At the door SeaDawn was greeted by a dragon named Quetzalcoatl, who helpfully gave him the packet of information he'd need. The Fae happily made his way to the storage room, but not before taking a peek into the large display room. His mate, NightCry, had arranged for another dragon to watch their nest today, enabling her to finally see what he had spent so much time on. Reaching 'STOR 3' brought him back to the present, and he wove his way through the other submissions to what was supposed to be his space. With a flat chirp and unhappy frill twitching, he saw that his invention was nowhere to be seen. [i]It might be in another box, though,[/i] he thought, before systematically checking all the other containers in the room. With a chirp and dismayed twitches, he sat on the floor where his box should have been, thinking. He looked at the packet he had left when he began his search and pulled open the map again. Studying it a moment, he carefully folded it up and walked out the door. [b]He would have to check all of the other storage compartments[/b], just in case his invention had been misplaced. While the Lightning flight was known for its efficiency, no one was perfect. Hopefully this was just a simple mix-up, and he'd be able to find his invention in time.

SeaDawn happily approached the Tempest Spire, frills occasionally twitching with excitement. Today was the day his invention would be displayed at the Faire; he'd worked many long hours to complete it in time. His main goal wasn't to win any prizes, though that would make him quite pleased, but rather to display his knowledge and ingenuity. He was more than content with that, and the honour of being able to participate in the Fair itself.

At the door SeaDawn was greeted by a dragon named Quetzalcoatl, who helpfully gave him the packet of information he'd need. The Fae happily made his way to the storage room, but not before taking a peek into the large display room. His mate, NightCry, had arranged for another dragon to watch their nest today, enabling her to finally see what he had spent so much time on.

Reaching 'STOR 3' brought him back to the present, and he wove his way through the other submissions to what was supposed to be his space. With a flat chirp and unhappy frill twitching, he saw that his invention was nowhere to be seen. It might be in another box, though, he thought, before systematically checking all the other containers in the room.

With a chirp and dismayed twitches, he sat on the floor where his box should have been, thinking. He looked at the packet he had left when he began his search and pulled open the map again. Studying it a moment, he carefully folded it up and walked out the door. He would have to check all of the other storage compartments, just in case his invention had been misplaced. While the Lightning flight was known for its efficiency, no one was perfect. Hopefully this was just a simple mix-up, and he'd be able to find his invention in time.
FR +12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54