Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Earth CYOA] Campout In Cairnstone!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19
@CakeCafe
Not sure if I'll get a chance to type up another RP reply tonight but wanted to get my daily vote in :P

A. The pathway near the underground lake that is partly underwater, with large readings of gem deposits and crystal clear drinking water.
@CakeCafe
Not sure if I'll get a chance to type up another RP reply tonight but wanted to get my daily vote in :P

A. The pathway near the underground lake that is partly underwater, with large readings of gem deposits and crystal clear drinking water.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
@CakeCafe Dragons on the way with the supplies again. [center]--------------[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39176291] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391763/39176291_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dereth had spent his time patrolling the outside of the camp or checking in on supplies. Despite coming on this trip, he was no researcher, and misinterpreting something or getting in the way could cause someone to miss something. He had come in case anyone ran into physical trouble, that had been his goal when he arrived, to protect. It was odd, given he voted for them to research, but again he knew why he chose what he did. He walked around the edge, pausing to look at marks on the wall, tally marks of those who had tried before. Given the legends he believed everyone who made it this far likely turned back at this point. They were old, maybe made by those who passed down the stories of this place. He traced his claw over them, before chipping away beside them to add his own. Even if he had no intention of turning back, he wanted it to be known that he was here, this place wasn’t lost to time yet. Another round the outside the camp, watched those who studied the area, he decided to take a break, listening to passing discussions. He waited by the water, noticing how others spoke about how clean it was. He knew that was odd, often water below the ground was fine to drink, but it always had a murky taste to it. This stuff, didn’t have that. Then there was the tunnel no light could pierce, it made him uneasy. He’d heard of such places, usually they protected something, but darkness was never the only protection. He had to keep an eye on it. The discussion came, the choice for everyone to make and for once Dereth was torn between the two options. He’d been so sure before. He was at home in the water, coming from such a place himself, but looking around not many others would be the same. There was no telling what air pockets would lay ahead, how safe they would be, who could swim, or if they’d have to dive down deep and risk those who can’t. Plus, waterlogged supplies were never good. He looked towards the darkened path, the uneasy feeling rising up inside of him again. He was no magic user, he couldn’t call on such light magic himself and if he couldn’t see, how could he protect the others? At least everyone could go through there though. Uncertain, he returned to his tent again. Kreanak was right, he should have brought others, others who could help make up his mind. His thoughts were interrupted by the three dragons carrying chests. He thanked them and sent them on their way, another delivery, two messages attached, the black fur wolf cape [i]Dereth, As requested the scholars have looked into what you asked us to. We searched every book we could find and these seemed to be the most useful for those there. Of course there seemed to be some extra room in the boxes. -Arcaniss [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44148807][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/441489/44148807p.png[/img][/url][/i] [i]Dereth, As you know, I was against you going into the unknown without backup we can trust. We’ve been looking into a few things and came across some materials that may be of use to you. While it is unlikely that you may run into such danger, I thought it best you have materials in case you came across anything that may make someone sick. It isn’t hard for the chambers of such places to fill with dangerous spores. Should you encounter anything organic and out of the ordinary, use the mask and gloves to your advantage. Good luck, don’t die, -Natalia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15527585][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/155276/15527585p.png[/img][/url][/i] Dereth searched the chests seeing the items sent, books and more books but in it a book on light magic. He left his tent once more and made his way in order to make a vote. He may be a water dragon, but he wanted to be where he could fight, even if he had to rely on his other senses. [b]”I vote we head for the darker tunnels. As interesting as the water is, it’ll be better for us to keep what we have as dry as possible.”[/b]
@CakeCafe

Dragons on the way with the supplies again.

Dereth had spent his time patrolling the outside of the camp or checking in on supplies. Despite coming on this trip, he was no researcher, and misinterpreting something or getting in the way could cause someone to miss something. He had come in case anyone ran into physical trouble, that had been his goal when he arrived, to protect. It was odd, given he voted for them to research, but again he knew why he chose what he did. He walked around the edge, pausing to look at marks on the wall, tally marks of those who had tried before. Given the legends he believed everyone who made it this far likely turned back at this point. They were old, maybe made by those who passed down the stories of this place. He traced his claw over them, before chipping away beside them to add his own. Even if he had no intention of turning back, he wanted it to be known that he was here, this place wasn’t lost to time yet.

Another round the outside the camp, watched those who studied the area, he decided to take a break, listening to passing discussions. He waited by the water, noticing how others spoke about how clean it was. He knew that was odd, often water below the ground was fine to drink, but it always had a murky taste to it. This stuff, didn’t have that. Then there was the tunnel no light could pierce, it made him uneasy. He’d heard of such places, usually they protected something, but darkness was never the only protection. He had to keep an eye on it.

The discussion came, the choice for everyone to make and for once Dereth was torn between the two options. He’d been so sure before. He was at home in the water, coming from such a place himself, but looking around not many others would be the same. There was no telling what air pockets would lay ahead, how safe they would be, who could swim, or if they’d have to dive down deep and risk those who can’t. Plus, waterlogged supplies were never good. He looked towards the darkened path, the uneasy feeling rising up inside of him again. He was no magic user, he couldn’t call on such light magic himself and if he couldn’t see, how could he protect the others? At least everyone could go through there though.

Uncertain, he returned to his tent again. Kreanak was right, he should have brought others, others who could help make up his mind. His thoughts were interrupted by the three dragons carrying chests. He thanked them and sent them on their way, another delivery, two messages attached, the black fur wolf cape

Dereth,

As requested the scholars have looked into what you asked us to. We searched every book we could find and these seemed to be the most useful for those there. Of course there seemed to be some extra room in the boxes.

-Arcaniss

44148807p.png

Dereth,

As you know, I was against you going into the unknown without backup we can trust. We’ve been looking into a few things and came across some materials that may be of use to you. While it is unlikely that you may run into such danger, I thought it best you have materials in case you came across anything that may make someone sick. It isn’t hard for the chambers of such places to fill with dangerous spores. Should you encounter anything organic and out of the ordinary, use the mask and gloves to your advantage.

Good luck, don’t die,
-Natalia

15527585p.png

Dereth searched the chests seeing the items sent, books and more books but in it a book on light magic. He left his tent once more and made his way in order to make a vote. He may be a water dragon, but he wanted to be where he could fight, even if he had to rely on his other senses. ”I vote we head for the darker tunnels. As interesting as the water is, it’ll be better for us to keep what we have as dry as possible.”
arOGchX.png
[size=2]Sorry for the long post! Further down I've tacked on some replies for the previous days, which I hadn't posted yet![/size] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24023603] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/240237/24023603_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote=Day 4] Jorah was just as excited as everyone else about the opportunity to spend a couple days exploring the cavern and nearby branches, looking for anything and everything of interest. He's never been much of a scientist, but when he noticed the other dragons taking notes and writing reports, he begged some paper off Papaya to write little journal entries of his own. Nothing too intellectual, but enthusiastic all the same: descriptions of the cavern, of the critters and plants, and especially of every interesting little rock, fossil, and other trinket he's found. A few little samples go into his satchel (with the expedition leaders' permission, of course; nothing of particular scientific import), for him to eagerly show off to his friends when he gets back home. He wishes he could take some of the bugs with him, too; there are some beautiful beetles, but Jorah's pretty sure they won't keep too well in his bag over the course of the adventure. While Papaya gives her presentation of the two options they can take, Jorah practically prances with excitement, wiggling like an eager pup. "Aww heck," he moans. "How're we supposed to pick?" On one hand, [i]gemstones and treasure[/i]. And to be honest, whatever is purifying the water in the lake could be awfully valuable too! But then, the second path... [i]dark and mysterious[/i]. And ancient artifacts! That sounds so... [i]exciting[/i]! What a difficult call. Jorah lingers near the back of the line to vote, fretting the whole time. Once he thinks he's decided one way, suddenly the allure of the other path overtakes him. While he's fussing and wondering, three helpful dragons make it through the caves to the camp, carrying supplies and a letter from Scatterspark Outpost. ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/212165/21216466.png[/img] To: The Quest League Association, Salutations! When I got word of your exciting little expedition, I knew I had to respond at once! My name is Remy, and I am a bit of a connoisseur of legends and mysteries. Oh no, I'm not an explorer myself, of course! I'm more of an advisor, a [i]patron[/i] of sorts. So I hope you won't mind my presumption with this little letter, and the accompanying little shipment of supplies! I do hope the fledgelings I sent arrived all in one piece, and haven't snacked on any of those provisions. I would have brought them myself, but I've been absolutely swamped with my work. A huge order for the illumination of several volumes of old fae tales! It's a wonder I was able to break away from my work long enough to write to you at all. Anyway, straight to the point! I wouldn't have anyone say I'm not [i]succinct[/i]. I can't abide time-wasting when there are such important things to accomplish, and I'm sure you feel the same! You've an expedition to pursue, mysteries to solve, legends to uncover! Certainly you don't want to sit around listening to some silly old dragon rattle on and on. There's no time for niceties out in the field, as they say. With that in mind, let me make a little suggestion: Though treasure is tempting, I would recommend putting your priorities on any artifacts of historical interest, and anything that can verify the simply fascinating legends about the Cairnstone Rest. Treasure can be found just about anywhere, but history is much more fickle! And I'm always hearing stories about adventurers going off and getting chased by boulders or falling into pits of snakes, and losing the one thing they came for. So that's my suggestion: if you have to choose, choose history! I rather think a few ancient artifacts would be easier to carry with you if you [i]do[/i] get chased by boulders than enormous sacks of gold would, anyway. Well, that's it, then! Good luck, dear friends, and I hope to hear many tales of your success! Ever at your service, --Remy, Illustrious Illuminator, Scatterspark Outpost ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/240237/24023603.png[/img] Wide-eyed at the sight of the long scroll that unfurls, Jorah asks, "Now, who's that from?" Those same eyes roll with annoyance when he realizes that Remy sent that letter. "Oh, geez. What's he say, then? Go for the artifacts?" Heaving a sigh, and sparing one last thought for the mountains of glorious treasure they could be passing up, he admits, "Well, I guess that's my vote, then. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise."[/quote] My vote is for [b]path B: the dark path[/b]! Despite Jorah's treasure fever, I think the path with the mysterious darkness and the artifacts sounds more interesting~ It really is a tough choice, though! I've got my shipment of helpers and supplies coming right up, @CakeCafe! And I finally got done a few RP entries for the previous days, which I've tacked on below: ----- ----- [quote=Day 1] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/132702/13270126.png[/img] To: The Quest League Association, Greetings. My name is Adam, and I am the Security Administrator at Scatterspark Outpost. We received word of your expedition, and an Earth dragon of our clan has asked for permission to join you. The dragon in question is the Mirror Jorah, a skilled scavenger and hard worker. I have granted him permission to take a leave of absence to join you on your expedition. He has brought with him three able-bodied young interns, and a number of supplies from our communal stores. Please provide him with a full safety briefing, and take care not to lose him; he would be difficult to replace in our community. --Adam, Scatterspark Outpost ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/240237/24023603.png[/img] The striped brown Mirror turns the letter over to Curry and Papaya, while the dragons accompanying him deposit their load of supplies in the middle of the camp. He tips his head to one side, listening as the expedition leaders pose the question to the crew: should they scavenge for supplies in the surrounding area, or go into town to purchase more? "If you don't mind," he says, raising a paw, "I think we should find what we can around here. I'm the top scavenger back home, and I reckon I can find plenty of useable bits and pieces that'll save us a whole load of funds. It's not hard, when you know what to look for."[/quote] [quote=Day 2] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/216134/21613349.png[/img] To: The Quest League Association, Name's Sylvan. Hope you folks don't mind a bit of advice, but I heard about your navigational dilemma. I'm a guide out here in the Carrion Canyon, so I think I know a little bit about getting folks safely from one end of a dangerous area to the other. I recommend taking the narrow cave systems, though it'll be a longer and more tedious trek. Being too hasty is a surefire way to lose more time and money in the end. Playing it cautious will get your team through without any regrets. I sent along some supplies, too. Hope they're of use. --Sylvan ----- There's another brief note enclosed, addressed to the Scatterspark dragon on the team: Jorah, You keep safe, now, you hear? Remember what I've told you about navigation, and use your dang compass. Chime'll be awful mad if you don't come back in one piece. --Sylvan ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/240237/24023603.png[/img] "Aww heck," Jorah mutters to himself, tucking the note into his pack. "She really will."[/quote] [quote=Day 3] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/240237/24023603.png[/img] The only letter to reach the expedition from Scatterspark Outpost today is a brief one, a simple note from the clan's leaders accompanying a shipment of supplies. "Keep us abreast of your plans," it reads, "so more supplies can meet you on your path." Once the camp is set up, Jorah joins the other dragons in fascinated admiration, gazing this way and that at all the shimmering ore and the cave-dwelling flora and fauna. "Well, I'll be danged," he sighs, all four eyes blinking in wonder at the sights around him. To a nearby teammate, he admits, "This's my first real big adventure. I trekked all the way from Dragonhome to the Shifting Expanse on my own, but... well, that's nothin' like this. There's no roads or maps, or... [i]nothin'[/i], down here." With a fangsome grin, he adds, "It's the most excitin' thing I've ever done." His interest in their surroundings makes it hard for Jorah to pay attention to the discussion Curry is holding, but after a couple of small distractions, he thinks he's got the gist of it. "Stay here a while, or press on, then? Alright." Scratching at his left crest, he says, "We oughta stay a little while, don't ya think? There could be somethin' real special hidden in this cavern, just waiting to be found!" And wouldn't it be something if he could find some real nice, shiny rocks to take back home to Chime, or some mysterious thing to sell off to the mages? That would be so exciting![/quote]
Sorry for the long post! Further down I've tacked on some replies for the previous days, which I hadn't posted yet!
Day 4 wrote:
Jorah was just as excited as everyone else about the opportunity to spend a couple days exploring the cavern and nearby branches, looking for anything and everything of interest. He's never been much of a scientist, but when he noticed the other dragons taking notes and writing reports, he begged some paper off Papaya to write little journal entries of his own. Nothing too intellectual, but enthusiastic all the same: descriptions of the cavern, of the critters and plants, and especially of every interesting little rock, fossil, and other trinket he's found. A few little samples go into his satchel (with the expedition leaders' permission, of course; nothing of particular scientific import), for him to eagerly show off to his friends when he gets back home. He wishes he could take some of the bugs with him, too; there are some beautiful beetles, but Jorah's pretty sure they won't keep too well in his bag over the course of the adventure.

While Papaya gives her presentation of the two options they can take, Jorah practically prances with excitement, wiggling like an eager pup. "Aww heck," he moans. "How're we supposed to pick?" On one hand, gemstones and treasure. And to be honest, whatever is purifying the water in the lake could be awfully valuable too! But then, the second path... dark and mysterious. And ancient artifacts! That sounds so... exciting! What a difficult call.

Jorah lingers near the back of the line to vote, fretting the whole time. Once he thinks he's decided one way, suddenly the allure of the other path overtakes him. While he's fussing and wondering, three helpful dragons make it through the caves to the camp, carrying supplies and a letter from Scatterspark Outpost.

21216466.png
To: The Quest League Association,

Salutations! When I got word of your exciting little expedition, I knew I had to respond at once! My name is Remy, and I am a bit of a connoisseur of legends and mysteries. Oh no, I'm not an explorer myself, of course! I'm more of an advisor, a patron of sorts. So I hope you won't mind my presumption with this little letter, and the accompanying little shipment of supplies!

I do hope the fledgelings I sent arrived all in one piece, and haven't snacked on any of those provisions. I would have brought them myself, but I've been absolutely swamped with my work. A huge order for the illumination of several volumes of old fae tales! It's a wonder I was able to break away from my work long enough to write to you at all.

Anyway, straight to the point! I wouldn't have anyone say I'm not succinct. I can't abide time-wasting when there are such important things to accomplish, and I'm sure you feel the same! You've an expedition to pursue, mysteries to solve, legends to uncover! Certainly you don't want to sit around listening to some silly old dragon rattle on and on. There's no time for niceties out in the field, as they say. With that in mind, let me make a little suggestion:

Though treasure is tempting, I would recommend putting your priorities on any artifacts of historical interest, and anything that can verify the simply fascinating legends about the Cairnstone Rest. Treasure can be found just about anywhere, but history is much more fickle! And I'm always hearing stories about adventurers going off and getting chased by boulders or falling into pits of snakes, and losing the one thing they came for. So that's my suggestion: if you have to choose, choose history! I rather think a few ancient artifacts would be easier to carry with you if you do get chased by boulders than enormous sacks of gold would, anyway.

Well, that's it, then! Good luck, dear friends, and I hope to hear many tales of your success!

Ever at your service,
--Remy, Illustrious Illuminator, Scatterspark Outpost

24023603.png
Wide-eyed at the sight of the long scroll that unfurls, Jorah asks, "Now, who's that from?" Those same eyes roll with annoyance when he realizes that Remy sent that letter. "Oh, geez. What's he say, then? Go for the artifacts?" Heaving a sigh, and sparing one last thought for the mountains of glorious treasure they could be passing up, he admits, "Well, I guess that's my vote, then. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise."

My vote is for path B: the dark path! Despite Jorah's treasure fever, I think the path with the mysterious darkness and the artifacts sounds more interesting~ It really is a tough choice, though!

I've got my shipment of helpers and supplies coming right up, @CakeCafe! And I finally got done a few RP entries for the previous days, which I've tacked on below:

Day 1 wrote:
13270126.png

Greetings. My name is Adam, and I am the Security Administrator at Scatterspark Outpost. We received word of your expedition, and an Earth dragon of our clan has asked for permission to join you. The dragon in question is the Mirror Jorah, a skilled scavenger and hard worker. I have granted him permission to take a leave of absence to join you on your expedition.

He has brought with him three able-bodied young interns, and a number of supplies from our communal stores. Please provide him with a full safety briefing, and take care not to lose him; he would be difficult to replace in our community.

--Adam, Scatterspark Outpost

24023603.png
The striped brown Mirror turns the letter over to Curry and Papaya, while the dragons accompanying him deposit their load of supplies in the middle of the camp. He tips his head to one side, listening as the expedition leaders pose the question to the crew: should they scavenge for supplies in the surrounding area, or go into town to purchase more?

"If you don't mind," he says, raising a paw, "I think we should find what we can around here. I'm the top scavenger back home, and I reckon I can find plenty of useable bits and pieces that'll save us a whole load of funds. It's not hard, when you know what to look for."

Day 2 wrote:
21613349.png

Name's Sylvan. Hope you folks don't mind a bit of advice, but I heard about your navigational dilemma. I'm a guide out here in the Carrion Canyon, so I think I know a little bit about getting folks safely from one end of a dangerous area to the other. I recommend taking the narrow cave systems, though it'll be a longer and more tedious trek. Being too hasty is a surefire way to lose more time and money in the end. Playing it cautious will get your team through without any regrets.

I sent along some supplies, too. Hope they're of use.

--Sylvan

There's another brief note enclosed, addressed to the Scatterspark dragon on the team:

Jorah,

You keep safe, now, you hear? Remember what I've told you about navigation, and use your dang compass. Chime'll be awful mad if you don't come back in one piece.

--Sylvan

24023603.png
"Aww heck," Jorah mutters to himself, tucking the note into his pack. "She really will."

Day 3 wrote:
24023603.png
The only letter to reach the expedition from Scatterspark Outpost today is a brief one, a simple note from the clan's leaders accompanying a shipment of supplies. "Keep us abreast of your plans," it reads, "so more supplies can meet you on your path."

Once the camp is set up, Jorah joins the other dragons in fascinated admiration, gazing this way and that at all the shimmering ore and the cave-dwelling flora and fauna. "Well, I'll be danged," he sighs, all four eyes blinking in wonder at the sights around him.

To a nearby teammate, he admits, "This's my first real big adventure. I trekked all the way from Dragonhome to the Shifting Expanse on my own, but... well, that's nothin' like this. There's no roads or maps, or... nothin', down here." With a fangsome grin, he adds, "It's the most excitin' thing I've ever done."

His interest in their surroundings makes it hard for Jorah to pay attention to the discussion Curry is holding, but after a couple of small distractions, he thinks he's got the gist of it. "Stay here a while, or press on, then? Alright." Scratching at his left crest, he says, "We oughta stay a little while, don't ya think? There could be somethin' real special hidden in this cavern, just waiting to be found!" And wouldn't it be something if he could find some real nice, shiny rocks to take back home to Chime, or some mysterious thing to sell off to the mages? That would be so exciting!
event-sig-small-4.png
@CakeCafe Sending CR shortly! ----- [columns][color=transparent]__[/color][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/352474/35247349p.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol] [i]Dear father, Unsurprisingly, the vote was unanimously in favour of examining the cavern and surroundings. I mean, what group of explorers would choose to just move on? I'm afraid today's letter will only be a short one, because, well...I just want to start looking around. And we must decide where we go next, whether we investigate the side of the cavern near a lake, or a pathway enveloped in darkness near the entrance. I will update you tomorrow on our choice. Love you always, - Yzorik. [/i] [/columns] [center]- - -[/center] Yzorik turned around to look behind him and saw the tundras that had been sent from home. He knew they would much prefer the darkness to the water, that much fur all being wet sounded like hell. Besides, he didn't much like swimming himself. [i]That decides it, I'll vote for [b]the strange dark pathway near the entrance[/b], with the readings of artifacts. Artifacts are more exciting to me than some gemstones, anyway.[/i] With that decided, Yzorik set out to explore the cavern. First he closely inspected the veins of ore, though he wasn't sure why, he has no idea about that stuff. He took time to dig out a small sample to take home, as well as a detailed sketch, then moved on. Next, he noticed not a lot of others were looking [i]in[/i] the water, so that is where he went. Sticking his arm in, Yzorik cautiously felt around for anything other than mud. His hand bumped something rough, so he pulled it out, and it was a crude carving of the Earthshaker. [i]Makes sense, that being here.[/i] he thought, and kept digging around. Before long, Yzorik had a fairly uninteresting haul. Some old boots here, a few good luck charms there - and a few bad luck charms -...and a kid's toy. [i]...Who on Sornieth would bring a child here?[/i] [center][item=Earthshaker Stone Statue][item=Greystone Deer][item=Stag Figurine][item=Delightful Wooden Unicorn][item=Toridae Chew Toy][item=Grey Clay][item=Emerald Cave Jewel][item=Fan Scorpion][/center]
@CakeCafe Sending CR shortly!

__35247349p.png __ Dear father,

Unsurprisingly, the vote was unanimously in favour of examining the cavern and surroundings. I mean, what group of explorers would choose to just move on? I'm afraid today's letter will only be a short one, because, well...I just want to start looking around. And we must decide where we go next, whether we investigate the side of the cavern near a lake, or a pathway enveloped in darkness near the entrance. I will update you tomorrow on our choice.

Love you always,

- Yzorik.
- - -
Yzorik turned around to look behind him and saw the tundras that had been sent from home. He knew they would much prefer the darkness to the water, that much fur all being wet sounded like hell. Besides, he didn't much like swimming himself.
That decides it, I'll vote for the strange dark pathway near the entrance, with the readings of artifacts. Artifacts are more exciting to me than some gemstones, anyway.

With that decided, Yzorik set out to explore the cavern. First he closely inspected the veins of ore, though he wasn't sure why, he has no idea about that stuff. He took time to dig out a small sample to take home, as well as a detailed sketch, then moved on. Next, he noticed not a lot of others were looking in the water, so that is where he went. Sticking his arm in, Yzorik cautiously felt around for anything other than mud. His hand bumped something rough, so he pulled it out, and it was a crude carving of the Earthshaker.
Makes sense, that being here. he thought, and kept digging around.

Before long, Yzorik had a fairly uninteresting haul. Some old boots here, a few good luck charms there - and a few bad luck charms -...and a kid's toy.
...Who on Sornieth would bring a child here?
Earthshaker Stone Statue Greystone Deer Stag Figurine Delightful Wooden Unicorn Toridae Chew Toy Grey Clay Emerald Cave Jewel Fan Scorpion
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
I have done my best to reply to everyone in their CR's and messages, I apologize again for not being able to take the time to reply to everyone personally in thread. I am working on setting stuff up for day five that I hope everyone will enjoy!

From the looks of things we may already be settled on our path!

I am caught up on recording everyone's dragons/items/treasure!
I have done my best to reply to everyone in their CR's and messages, I apologize again for not being able to take the time to reply to everyone personally in thread. I am working on setting stuff up for day five that I hope everyone will enjoy!

From the looks of things we may already be settled on our path!

I am caught up on recording everyone's dragons/items/treasure!
@CakeCafe CR incoming for this round! My vote goes to [u]B. The pathway near the entrance, covered in a strange darkness unable to be pierced with normal light and readings of artifacts.[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32951615] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/329517/32951615p.png[/img] [/url] [i]Jannie, I shouldn't be surprised I'm surrounded by like-minded dragons, every one of them having the same inquisitive spirit. It's what brought us together on this mission, after all. There was no dissent, no discord this time around, not at all. It's heartwarming, and reassuring after the last time. Unity is important. We've been granted two day's time, left to our own devices, for the most part. Just to explore, take it all in. The only way I could be happier is if you were here with me, though of course I know this isn't exactly your thing. You've never liked getting your claws dirty, have you? I haven't found anything truly outstanding, yet what I've found so far has been engaging enough for me at this time. I found some pottery shards, buried under the barest amount of earth. I hope I've got them all, but I can't be entirely positive unless I try to reassemble whatever it was. Which I may try, to help visualize the decorative painted symbols better, maybe they mean something. It'll be like my own little puzzle! It wasn't my only find, with all this time on my claws, just the most engaging. There's little things everywhere, signs not only of the life I can see all around, but of society. Coins. Bits of (mostly broken) jewelry. Small carvings. And other little oddities. I feel like some kind of river flight or something, with this hoard of tiny shiny things, but you never know which thing might end up being more significant. Maybe I can get some of it polished, or repaired. Lakewater can only do so much for the grime on some of these. Yet I can't forget we still need to decide where to go next. Two options before us; through a lake with promises of jewels, or through an unnaturally dark cavern that holds artifacts of a different nature. This time I supported the latter; I came for knowledge, not for material wealth. Even if no dragon is truly immune to the pull of riches, for me the pull to the relics is stronger. Gems can never truly tell the same tales. But again I can't deny the slight selfish reasons behind my choice as well; I worry for my parchment, the notes I've been taking until my claws are coated in ink. Surely those efforts would be rendered moot by the water? The darkness is an obstacle in itself, of course, but I feel it may be more manageable. While it is Plague energy that runs through my veins, hardly the most conducive of illumination magic, I've spent a lot of time around you and the other mages back home in the Observatory. I've picked up a few tricks, so while my skills may be relatively weak, I can help a little. I can't expect everyone else to carry my weight. -Love, Khonor P.S.: I've enclosed the nicest and most intact of the trinkets I've found for you. Don't tell anyone, it'll be our little secret.[/i]
@CakeCafe CR incoming for this round! My vote goes to B. The pathway near the entrance, covered in a strange darkness unable to be pierced with normal light and readings of artifacts.

32951615p.png

Jannie,

I shouldn't be surprised I'm surrounded by like-minded dragons, every one of them having the same inquisitive spirit. It's what brought us together on this mission, after all. There was no dissent, no discord this time around, not at all. It's heartwarming, and reassuring after the last time. Unity is important.

We've been granted two day's time, left to our own devices, for the most part. Just to explore, take it all in. The only way I could be happier is if you were here with me, though of course I know this isn't exactly your thing. You've never liked getting your claws dirty, have you?

I haven't found anything truly outstanding, yet what I've found so far has been engaging enough for me at this time. I found some pottery shards, buried under the barest amount of earth. I hope I've got them all, but I can't be entirely positive unless I try to reassemble whatever it was. Which I may try, to help visualize the decorative painted symbols better, maybe they mean something. It'll be like my own little puzzle! It wasn't my only find, with all this time on my claws, just the most engaging. There's little things everywhere, signs not only of the life I can see all around, but of society. Coins. Bits of (mostly broken) jewelry. Small carvings. And other little oddities. I feel like some kind of river flight or something, with this hoard of tiny shiny things, but you never know which thing might end up being more significant. Maybe I can get some of it polished, or repaired. Lakewater can only do so much for the grime on some of these.

Yet I can't forget we still need to decide where to go next. Two options before us; through a lake with promises of jewels, or through an unnaturally dark cavern that holds artifacts of a different nature. This time I supported the latter; I came for knowledge, not for material wealth. Even if no dragon is truly immune to the pull of riches, for me the pull to the relics is stronger. Gems can never truly tell the same tales. But again I can't deny the slight selfish reasons behind my choice as well; I worry for my parchment, the notes I've been taking until my claws are coated in ink. Surely those efforts would be rendered moot by the water? The darkness is an obstacle in itself, of course, but I feel it may be more manageable. While it is Plague energy that runs through my veins, hardly the most conducive of illumination magic, I've spent a lot of time around you and the other mages back home in the Observatory. I've picked up a few tricks, so while my skills may be relatively weak, I can help a little. I can't expect everyone else to carry my weight.

-Love,
Khonor

P.S.: I've enclosed the nicest and most intact of the trinkets I've found for you. Don't tell anyone, it'll be our little secret.
Previous

----

Saxon didn't come back.

Between him and Aximilo, it dampened the mood of the group quite a bit, even as Seref fixed breakfast for them all, humming a tune. As soon as Seina joined the small circle, the last of the party to wake up, it was the first question on Pelidar's tongue.

"Has anyone seen Saxon?"

Seref's humming faltered, and Dolce shook her head.

"Nope," Seina said, "not since he went poof last night."

Pelindar gave no answer; he simply coiled tighter on himself. The bustle of the rest of the camp seemed intrusive all of a sudden, when the only sounds from their group were the crackling fire and the scraping of a wooden spoon against an iron skillet. Breakfast was served silently; it wasn't until most of the food was gone that Dolce spoke, fluttering into the air.

"I received word this morning that the camp has unanimously decided to stay and research in this cavern. We've been given 48 hours to do so."

The others said nothing, though their gazes were focused on her.

"Additionally, there is another decision to be made. There are two potential paths we could take after our time here. The decision must be made by the end of today so that we can make preparations. The first option is a path which is partially underwater, which the leaders said gave strong readings of gemstone deposits. Also, the water is completely clear and clean to drink."

"Well, that's good for us...! Right?" Seref said.

"It's convenient, certainly. However, the fact that it is partially underwater means it carries certain risks. The second path is more stable, they believe, and readings indicate artifacts in its direction. However, the path is shrouded in magical darkness. The only thing which they have found able to dispel it is Light magic."

"How many Light dragons do we even have here?" Pelindar murmured.

"Regardless of which option we take, I recommend we take the time to refill our water supplies at the lake. There is a map over there," she waved an arm, "showing its location." Her report finished, she allowed herself to float back down to the ground.

"I think we should take the water path," Pelindar said after a moment.

"Really?" Seref asked. "But what about the artifacts!?"

"The magical darkness makes me nervous. And if we get the more financially valuable things now, we can leave, sell them, and secure funding for a second trip to recover the artifacts."

"I'm a bit skeptical of the water, myself," Seina countered. "I'm not the best swimmer. And don't you think artifacts are more important than gems?"

"Yeah, what she said!"

"Artifacts don't do anything for the clan."

"Sure they do! We've got dragons from all over, and beast-"

"Quiet!" Pelindar snapped, making Seref lean back and clam up immediately. He turned his gaze to Dolce. "What do you think, Dolce?"

"They both have their advantages," she replied evenly.

"It's two to one, looks like," Seina drawled. "One of us should-"

"This isn't decided!"

Pelindar's snarl drew the attention of even some surrounding dragons as they prepared for the day's research and echoed briefly around the cave.

"...We don't have to decide now," Dolce said after the echoes faded.

"Do some research first, know more what we're doing," Pelindar mumbled. "That sounds good."

"I would like to do some research," Dolce said. "I suggest you and Seina collect water while Seref and I examine the crystals he was talking about yesterday."

"I don't care about the crystals anymore," Seref said, voice unusually subdued.

"Then you don't have to look at them. I would like to, though."

Only passing words were said as the dragons split up, Seref and Dolce staying near camp while Pelindar and Seina sought the lake with their waterskins. The walk was tense and silent, or as silent as it could be in an echoey cave filled with an expedition of dragons; Pelindar swerved wildly between dragons and tents, tossing a waterskin from hand to hand as Seina growled apologies in his wake and scrambled to keep up.

Despite how distant the lake had looked on the map, it really wasn't that far, and the camp had at least cleared out a bit, so Seina had less things to worry about Pelindar knocking over. When she caught up to him, he was already dipping the waterskins into the lake with a singleminded focus. Seina took a moment to take in the clearness of the water and how she could see to the bottom; something glinted in its depths, but when she reached for it, she found she couldn't reach. The water was freezing cold, and she quickly extracted her arm.

A few waterskins later, she glanced over at Pelindar, who was now staring at the water with a distant expression.

"Y'know, you kinda blew up on Seref back there," she said, the sound of her waterskin gliding through the lake in the background. Pelindar startled, claws tightening on the waterskin and barely avoiding breaking through. When she received no answer other than his stare, she continued, "He looks up to you. You can't just do that kind of stuff to him. He's your brother."

After a long moment, Pelindar sighed and set the waterskin on the shore.

"I'm nervous. First there was that fight and Axi ran off, and now Saxon's just disappeared, and I can't stop thinking about what could be hiding in darkness like that. It reminds me of stories about the Shade," he added quietly.

"That's not an excuse."

"No."

The last waterskin glided through the water.

"You need to apologize."

"Yes."

That was all she really wanted out of him, anyway.

They stood back up again to return, but the sparkle once again caught Seina's eye.

"...What do you see?" Pelindar asked her, glancing out the corner of his eye.

"There's something shiny down there. But I can't reach it. I tried."

"It's probably deeper than it looks." There was something pensive about the silence that followed, and then the waterskins were on the shore and Pelindar was diving into the water. He moved through it like a ribbon, waving and bending with its subtle motions, and then he was rocketing up and out of the water, droplets flying off of his scales and being lit golden by lamplight.

He landed on the shore, a shiver wracking its way down his body.

"Gods, that water is cold. But I got it." He held out the object, which looked like a thick, rounded knife blade, metallic gold and curving to a tapered point. A strange sort of serration ran along the more curved edge.

"...I have no idea what that is."

"Neither do I," Pelindar shrugged. Nevertheless, he grasped it gingerly in one hand and gathered his waterskins again to make the trip back.

Their way back was made in silence once again, though Pelindar seemed at least a bit more settled this time. They dropped off the waterskins and the mysterious object at their tent, then looked for Dolce and Seref. They found Seref standing silently in front of a particularly large vein of the stone he had pointed out yesterday.

"Where's Dolce?" Seina asked him.

"She went to go look at different ores." He waved an arm to his left, and sure enough, she was talking to some other dragons around a section of the wall and floor which had many small crystaline extrusions. "I think I heard them talking about rubies..." He didn't sound or look entirely there; Seina was surprised he had reacted so quickly and succinctly.

After an awkward silence, Pelindar sighed and moved to stand next to his brother.

"Hey, Seref... I'm... sorry about what I did earlier. How I... snapped at you. I shouldn't have done that, and I know it hurt you. And I'm sorry." His voice grew quieter and quieter as he spoke, until it was nothing more than a whisper at the end.

"...Can we just not talk about it?" Seref rasped after a long silence. Pelindar nodded.

"I can do that." He turned his attention to the ore vein, and Seina stepped up closer to it as well. "This is what you were looking at yesterday?"

Seref nodded.

"I can see what you mean about Saxon's scales..."

"It's not quite the same, though," Seina said. "There's these sort of... darker flakes in it?"

"Yeah... Are they brown? I can't quite tell."

"I kinda thought they were purple."

"I don't trust your color vision."

"That's fair."

"Red."

Seina and Pelindar stopped, looking to Seref.

"Red?"

He nodded.

"I've been looking at it. It's red. It's not like his scales, is it?"

"...Red?" Pelindar murmured. "Pale yellow with red..." He looked to Seina. "Do you think it's sacridite?"

"A whole cave filled with it?" She looked around, taking in the pale veins lacing the cavern with new eyes. "That's..."

"But it's corrupted." Seref finally looked away from the stone, staring straight into Seina's eyes as he whispered.

The three stood in silence for several minutes, taking in the quite literal vastness of this new information.

"...I should file a report," Pelindar said after a long while.

Shortly after he left to do just that, Dolce returned to the others, confirming what Seref had said before about a deposit of rubies and adding that there were also some emeralds nearby as well. She pondered the sacridite only briefly before asking if Seina and Pelindar had heard anything when they got the water; they all left to go back to the tent and look over the strange object they'd found. Between their pondering over the sacridite and examining the object, lunchtime quickly approached, and Seref set to making their meal. Pelindar returned just as it was being served, but didn't sit, instead hovering just above the ground.

"While I was writing down our findings, I thought about the points you all raised earlier, and, combined with the experiences I had with the water earlier, I've decided that you were right - the best course of action would be to take the path with the darkness. It will be far less threatening with many of us there, and the stability of the path is a plus. I'd... also like to apologize to all of you for snapping earlier. You should be able to expect better of me. ...That is all." With that, he sat down and began to eat.

And the day went on.

----

"But think of the money!"

"I don't know why you think artifacts wouldn't be worth money."

"That's a fair point. Plus the fame!"

"And you don't want to swim."

"Oh, buzz off."

----

i got logged out when i tried to post (led to an interesting display glitch) but thankfully i noticed something was up on a different tab and copied it over to a doc first. five and half pages. what. can you imagine if i had lost that. i would've been so mad.

Next
Previous

----

Saxon didn't come back.

Between him and Aximilo, it dampened the mood of the group quite a bit, even as Seref fixed breakfast for them all, humming a tune. As soon as Seina joined the small circle, the last of the party to wake up, it was the first question on Pelidar's tongue.

"Has anyone seen Saxon?"

Seref's humming faltered, and Dolce shook her head.

"Nope," Seina said, "not since he went poof last night."

Pelindar gave no answer; he simply coiled tighter on himself. The bustle of the rest of the camp seemed intrusive all of a sudden, when the only sounds from their group were the crackling fire and the scraping of a wooden spoon against an iron skillet. Breakfast was served silently; it wasn't until most of the food was gone that Dolce spoke, fluttering into the air.

"I received word this morning that the camp has unanimously decided to stay and research in this cavern. We've been given 48 hours to do so."

The others said nothing, though their gazes were focused on her.

"Additionally, there is another decision to be made. There are two potential paths we could take after our time here. The decision must be made by the end of today so that we can make preparations. The first option is a path which is partially underwater, which the leaders said gave strong readings of gemstone deposits. Also, the water is completely clear and clean to drink."

"Well, that's good for us...! Right?" Seref said.

"It's convenient, certainly. However, the fact that it is partially underwater means it carries certain risks. The second path is more stable, they believe, and readings indicate artifacts in its direction. However, the path is shrouded in magical darkness. The only thing which they have found able to dispel it is Light magic."

"How many Light dragons do we even have here?" Pelindar murmured.

"Regardless of which option we take, I recommend we take the time to refill our water supplies at the lake. There is a map over there," she waved an arm, "showing its location." Her report finished, she allowed herself to float back down to the ground.

"I think we should take the water path," Pelindar said after a moment.

"Really?" Seref asked. "But what about the artifacts!?"

"The magical darkness makes me nervous. And if we get the more financially valuable things now, we can leave, sell them, and secure funding for a second trip to recover the artifacts."

"I'm a bit skeptical of the water, myself," Seina countered. "I'm not the best swimmer. And don't you think artifacts are more important than gems?"

"Yeah, what she said!"

"Artifacts don't do anything for the clan."

"Sure they do! We've got dragons from all over, and beast-"

"Quiet!" Pelindar snapped, making Seref lean back and clam up immediately. He turned his gaze to Dolce. "What do you think, Dolce?"

"They both have their advantages," she replied evenly.

"It's two to one, looks like," Seina drawled. "One of us should-"

"This isn't decided!"

Pelindar's snarl drew the attention of even some surrounding dragons as they prepared for the day's research and echoed briefly around the cave.

"...We don't have to decide now," Dolce said after the echoes faded.

"Do some research first, know more what we're doing," Pelindar mumbled. "That sounds good."

"I would like to do some research," Dolce said. "I suggest you and Seina collect water while Seref and I examine the crystals he was talking about yesterday."

"I don't care about the crystals anymore," Seref said, voice unusually subdued.

"Then you don't have to look at them. I would like to, though."

Only passing words were said as the dragons split up, Seref and Dolce staying near camp while Pelindar and Seina sought the lake with their waterskins. The walk was tense and silent, or as silent as it could be in an echoey cave filled with an expedition of dragons; Pelindar swerved wildly between dragons and tents, tossing a waterskin from hand to hand as Seina growled apologies in his wake and scrambled to keep up.

Despite how distant the lake had looked on the map, it really wasn't that far, and the camp had at least cleared out a bit, so Seina had less things to worry about Pelindar knocking over. When she caught up to him, he was already dipping the waterskins into the lake with a singleminded focus. Seina took a moment to take in the clearness of the water and how she could see to the bottom; something glinted in its depths, but when she reached for it, she found she couldn't reach. The water was freezing cold, and she quickly extracted her arm.

A few waterskins later, she glanced over at Pelindar, who was now staring at the water with a distant expression.

"Y'know, you kinda blew up on Seref back there," she said, the sound of her waterskin gliding through the lake in the background. Pelindar startled, claws tightening on the waterskin and barely avoiding breaking through. When she received no answer other than his stare, she continued, "He looks up to you. You can't just do that kind of stuff to him. He's your brother."

After a long moment, Pelindar sighed and set the waterskin on the shore.

"I'm nervous. First there was that fight and Axi ran off, and now Saxon's just disappeared, and I can't stop thinking about what could be hiding in darkness like that. It reminds me of stories about the Shade," he added quietly.

"That's not an excuse."

"No."

The last waterskin glided through the water.

"You need to apologize."

"Yes."

That was all she really wanted out of him, anyway.

They stood back up again to return, but the sparkle once again caught Seina's eye.

"...What do you see?" Pelindar asked her, glancing out the corner of his eye.

"There's something shiny down there. But I can't reach it. I tried."

"It's probably deeper than it looks." There was something pensive about the silence that followed, and then the waterskins were on the shore and Pelindar was diving into the water. He moved through it like a ribbon, waving and bending with its subtle motions, and then he was rocketing up and out of the water, droplets flying off of his scales and being lit golden by lamplight.

He landed on the shore, a shiver wracking its way down his body.

"Gods, that water is cold. But I got it." He held out the object, which looked like a thick, rounded knife blade, metallic gold and curving to a tapered point. A strange sort of serration ran along the more curved edge.

"...I have no idea what that is."

"Neither do I," Pelindar shrugged. Nevertheless, he grasped it gingerly in one hand and gathered his waterskins again to make the trip back.

Their way back was made in silence once again, though Pelindar seemed at least a bit more settled this time. They dropped off the waterskins and the mysterious object at their tent, then looked for Dolce and Seref. They found Seref standing silently in front of a particularly large vein of the stone he had pointed out yesterday.

"Where's Dolce?" Seina asked him.

"She went to go look at different ores." He waved an arm to his left, and sure enough, she was talking to some other dragons around a section of the wall and floor which had many small crystaline extrusions. "I think I heard them talking about rubies..." He didn't sound or look entirely there; Seina was surprised he had reacted so quickly and succinctly.

After an awkward silence, Pelindar sighed and moved to stand next to his brother.

"Hey, Seref... I'm... sorry about what I did earlier. How I... snapped at you. I shouldn't have done that, and I know it hurt you. And I'm sorry." His voice grew quieter and quieter as he spoke, until it was nothing more than a whisper at the end.

"...Can we just not talk about it?" Seref rasped after a long silence. Pelindar nodded.

"I can do that." He turned his attention to the ore vein, and Seina stepped up closer to it as well. "This is what you were looking at yesterday?"

Seref nodded.

"I can see what you mean about Saxon's scales..."

"It's not quite the same, though," Seina said. "There's these sort of... darker flakes in it?"

"Yeah... Are they brown? I can't quite tell."

"I kinda thought they were purple."

"I don't trust your color vision."

"That's fair."

"Red."

Seina and Pelindar stopped, looking to Seref.

"Red?"

He nodded.

"I've been looking at it. It's red. It's not like his scales, is it?"

"...Red?" Pelindar murmured. "Pale yellow with red..." He looked to Seina. "Do you think it's sacridite?"

"A whole cave filled with it?" She looked around, taking in the pale veins lacing the cavern with new eyes. "That's..."

"But it's corrupted." Seref finally looked away from the stone, staring straight into Seina's eyes as he whispered.

The three stood in silence for several minutes, taking in the quite literal vastness of this new information.

"...I should file a report," Pelindar said after a long while.

Shortly after he left to do just that, Dolce returned to the others, confirming what Seref had said before about a deposit of rubies and adding that there were also some emeralds nearby as well. She pondered the sacridite only briefly before asking if Seina and Pelindar had heard anything when they got the water; they all left to go back to the tent and look over the strange object they'd found. Between their pondering over the sacridite and examining the object, lunchtime quickly approached, and Seref set to making their meal. Pelindar returned just as it was being served, but didn't sit, instead hovering just above the ground.

"While I was writing down our findings, I thought about the points you all raised earlier, and, combined with the experiences I had with the water earlier, I've decided that you were right - the best course of action would be to take the path with the darkness. It will be far less threatening with many of us there, and the stability of the path is a plus. I'd... also like to apologize to all of you for snapping earlier. You should be able to expect better of me. ...That is all." With that, he sat down and began to eat.

And the day went on.

----

"But think of the money!"

"I don't know why you think artifacts wouldn't be worth money."

"That's a fair point. Plus the fame!"

"And you don't want to swim."

"Oh, buzz off."

----

i got logged out when i tried to post (led to an interesting display glitch) but thankfully i noticed something was up on a different tab and copied it over to a doc first. five and half pages. what. can you imagine if i had lost that. i would've been so mad.

Next
If you buy dragons from me to exalt, please name them first!
T5sUJyn.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iWetw5M.png[/img] [color=saddlebrown][b][size=6]:: DAY FIVE ::[/size][/b] Neither Curry nor Papaya were so self important that they would lay claim to everything found during the expedition. So when dragons kept on donating more and more of their finds, it made their hearts swell. Honest with their intentions they explained that most would be sold for fund but the higher quality samples given to them would all be kept to send back to HQ. It was very interesting for them to see what sorts of things were kept and what was donated. A sort of dragon-watching research if one would, the information would be filed along side other reports of the expedition. These however would be helpful when figuring out what sorts of splits or payments could be integrated in the future. One of Papaya's favourite occurrences over the course of the research days was the gradual build of stones and gems a small Mirror was piling up near their companion Guardian. She chuckled as it reminded her of hatchlings covering up their parents or loved ones with sand at the beach. There was no faulting the Guardian for wanting to rest though. There would be much more work ahead, and the rest if not taken now would be sorely missed later. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306995524068966410/477045941115944961/Light_Magic_Orbs_smol.png[/img] Amidst all the hustle and bustle a few dragons slipped into the camp with some large bundles addressed for Curry & Papaya. A note was attached with the short message 'Just in case' and a small golden heart stamp. Papaya almost squealed when she opened it up. Inside were a great many orbs thrumming with Light magic. Judging from the handscript and the stamp she knew it came from their very own clan's leader Eloquent. Never one to mess around she must have had them sent immediately after receiving the last report Curry had sent out. The orbs weren't the only things inside the bundles, there were several large pieces of netting and sturdy wooden rods. It must have been what was available to the clan to send in the ways of making the orbs transportable. After a few minutes of 'maybe like this' or 'oh not like this' the pair had found the best way to secure everything together. It looked like a lantern of sorts swinging off of the stick, the orbs nestled within the netting. Even though they had been sent out incredibly fast, it was easy to see the magic would need refreshing here and there. So they called out to any dragons who could use Light magic to come help re-energize the makeshift lanterns. With these, dragons who held no prowess over light could still find their way while Light dragons would be able to choose if they wanted a lantern or to use their own devices. After a hearty meal and a good rest the time had come for the real adventure into the heart of the darkness. Everyone had already been advised to pack up camp as neatly as possible and send out as much belongings as well as all the samples with the several dragons who volunteered to forgo the experience inside the cavern. This was to insure any supply and personal loss was limited. So the few groups that elected to go deeper were only responsible for what they couldn't part with and the supplies needed to excavate any artifacts found, and naturally rations for them to eat and drink. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306995524068966410/477059642069876747/Day_Five_Chosen_Path_smol.png[/img] At first the path didn't seem as threatening as it had been made out. It started out rather much like all the other pathways. As they moved forward though one could see that the plentiful glowing moss that was growing along the walls was thinning out. Soon the cavern's visiblity took a sharp turn. They had reached the point spoken about when the votes were being cast. It was almost like a curtain with how suddenly it went from a natural darkness to this eerie thick black. Curry reached out a claw and as he reached into the darkness it felt heavy, as if it was clinging to him almost. Rather decidedly it was not the most pleasant of feelings. This was relayed back to the rest of the group as something to expect and be prepared to feel. With that said he got his lantern out, turned to his mate and gave her a small hug before disappearing into the darkness. Until she walked through herself she could not see him from the other, natural side of the pathway. If she was truthful with herself she had been rather scared those few seconds in which he had been completely gone. Having more information to remember she ducked back out to check on the other dragons, to warn them yet reassure them that the disappearing was only a trick on the eyes. One by one they all stepped through to gather on the other side and regroup what the plan was. A few hours later they had managed to get quite a ways along yet nothing had been found. Sure they all stopped for a few samples here and there but it was not the kind of haul they were looking for. But the samples were good to have, anything in here had to be hardy enough to thrive in a magical, imposing darkness. Disecting the samples could help figure out how to do so themselves. Another hour passed in the same manner until the silence was interupted by what could only be described as a horrible screeching. The noise pierced through the cavern's pathways causing the almost instant reaction to cover one's ears. In another second the screeching stopped only to be replaced by a very concerning amount of rumbles and increading louder thuds. Suddenly very aware of what was about to happen Curry shouted for everyone to take cover, it was a cave in! Something had decided it did not like their presence there and caused the tunnel in front of them to collapse. Not one to give up he first made sure everyone was okay, that no one had gotten hurt. A few scratches here and there were to be expected though. Then he moved on to addressing everyone with the question of what to do. If a few of the dragons were strong enough the boulders could be cleared while anyone who was Light could concentrate their magic to be as bright as possible to avoid further injuries. They could then continue along the path, albeit it would be likely that they would encounter whatever it was that was trying to stop them. Then again, if anyone in the group was particularly good at digging as both the skydancers were rather good at, a new tunnel could be made else wise. They wouldnt exactly reach the cache of artifacts that were reported but at least they would possibly find something before shooting for a way out. There was some structrally sound options around them. Again anyone who could keep the lanterns lit would concentrate their magic as strongly as they could while the others worked to dig a new tunnel offshooting to the side. It wouldn't be easy work either way, and it would take the whole team to pull either option off. So he was honest with his team, he needed to know what they felt they could do best. Gripping his mate's paw he waited for everyone's reply. [img]https://i.imgur.com/iWetw5M.png[/img] [b]SEND IN YOUR VOTES![/b] You can either vote to: [b]A.[/b] [u]Move the boulders blocking the pathway, ignoring the warning signs given all in the name of recovering artifacts before searching for a way out. [/u] [b]B.[/b] [u]Dig a new tunnel that wouldn't lead to the planned artifacts but would still possibly lead to a different cavern before heading to the surface. [/u] Your vote will be counted when we receive a CR from you! Please feel free to post on the thread if you intend to vote or not as we would love to see how many people are interested! [b]Good luck to all adventurers! [/b]
iWetw5M.png

:: DAY FIVE ::

Neither Curry nor Papaya were so self important that they would lay claim to everything found during the expedition. So when dragons kept on donating more and more of their finds, it made their hearts swell. Honest with their intentions they explained that most would be sold for fund but the higher quality samples given to them would all be kept to send back to HQ. It was very interesting for them to see what sorts of things were kept and what was donated. A sort of dragon-watching research if one would, the information would be filed along side other reports of the expedition. These however would be helpful when figuring out what sorts of splits or payments could be integrated in the future.

One of Papaya's favourite occurrences over the course of the research days was the gradual build of stones and gems a small Mirror was piling up near their companion Guardian. She chuckled as it reminded her of hatchlings covering up their parents or loved ones with sand at the beach. There was no faulting the Guardian for wanting to rest though. There would be much more work ahead, and the rest if not taken now would be sorely missed later.

Light_Magic_Orbs_smol.png

Amidst all the hustle and bustle a few dragons slipped into the camp with some large bundles addressed for Curry & Papaya. A note was attached with the short message 'Just in case' and a small golden heart stamp. Papaya almost squealed when she opened it up. Inside were a great many orbs thrumming with Light magic. Judging from the handscript and the stamp she knew it came from their very own clan's leader Eloquent. Never one to mess around she must have had them sent immediately after receiving the last report Curry had sent out.

The orbs weren't the only things inside the bundles, there were several large pieces of netting and sturdy wooden rods. It must have been what was available to the clan to send in the ways of making the orbs transportable. After a few minutes of 'maybe like this' or 'oh not like this' the pair had found the best way to secure everything together. It looked like a lantern of sorts swinging off of the stick, the orbs nestled within the netting. Even though they had been sent out incredibly fast, it was easy to see the magic would need refreshing here and there. So they called out to any dragons who could use Light magic to come help re-energize the makeshift lanterns. With these, dragons who held no prowess over light could still find their way while Light dragons would be able to choose if they wanted a lantern or to use their own devices.

After a hearty meal and a good rest the time had come for the real adventure into the heart of the darkness. Everyone had already been advised to pack up camp as neatly as possible and send out as much belongings as well as all the samples with the several dragons who volunteered to forgo the experience inside the cavern. This was to insure any supply and personal loss was limited. So the few groups that elected to go deeper were only responsible for what they couldn't part with and the supplies needed to excavate any artifacts found, and naturally rations for them to eat and drink.

Day_Five_Chosen_Path_smol.png

At first the path didn't seem as threatening as it had been made out. It started out rather much like all the other pathways. As they moved forward though one could see that the plentiful glowing moss that was growing along the walls was thinning out. Soon the cavern's visiblity took a sharp turn. They had reached the point spoken about when the votes were being cast. It was almost like a curtain with how suddenly it went from a natural darkness to this eerie thick black. Curry reached out a claw and as he reached into the darkness it felt heavy, as if it was clinging to him almost. Rather decidedly it was not the most pleasant of feelings.

This was relayed back to the rest of the group as something to expect and be prepared to feel. With that said he got his lantern out, turned to his mate and gave her a small hug before disappearing into the darkness. Until she walked through herself she could not see him from the other, natural side of the pathway. If she was truthful with herself she had been rather scared those few seconds in which he had been completely gone. Having more information to remember she ducked back out to check on the other dragons, to warn them yet reassure them that the disappearing was only a trick on the eyes. One by one they all stepped through to gather on the other side and regroup what the plan was.

A few hours later they had managed to get quite a ways along yet nothing had been found. Sure they all stopped for a few samples here and there but it was not the kind of haul they were looking for. But the samples were good to have, anything in here had to be hardy enough to thrive in a magical, imposing darkness. Disecting the samples could help figure out how to do so themselves. Another hour passed in the same manner until the silence was interupted by what could only be described as a horrible screeching. The noise pierced through the cavern's pathways causing the almost instant reaction to cover one's ears. In another second the screeching stopped only to be replaced by a very concerning amount of rumbles and increading louder thuds.

Suddenly very aware of what was about to happen Curry shouted for everyone to take cover, it was a cave in! Something had decided it did not like their presence there and caused the tunnel in front of them to collapse. Not one to give up he first made sure everyone was okay, that no one had gotten hurt. A few scratches here and there were to be expected though. Then he moved on to addressing everyone with the question of what to do. If a few of the dragons were strong enough the boulders could be cleared while anyone who was Light could concentrate their magic to be as bright as possible to avoid further injuries. They could then continue along the path, albeit it would be likely that they would encounter whatever it was that was trying to stop them.

Then again, if anyone in the group was particularly good at digging as both the skydancers were rather good at, a new tunnel could be made else wise. They wouldnt exactly reach the cache of artifacts that were reported but at least they would possibly find something before shooting for a way out. There was some structrally sound options around them. Again anyone who could keep the lanterns lit would concentrate their magic as strongly as they could while the others worked to dig a new tunnel offshooting to the side. It wouldn't be easy work either way, and it would take the whole team to pull either option off. So he was honest with his team, he needed to know what they felt they could do best. Gripping his mate's paw he waited for everyone's reply.

iWetw5M.png

SEND IN YOUR VOTES!

You can either vote to:

A. Move the boulders blocking the pathway, ignoring the warning signs given all in the name of recovering artifacts before searching for a way out.
B. Dig a new tunnel that wouldn't lead to the planned artifacts but would still possibly lead to a different cavern before heading to the surface.

Your vote will be counted when we receive a CR from you! Please feel free to post on the thread if you intend to vote or not as we would love to see how many people are interested!

Good luck to all adventurers!
Day Five is posted above!! I really put a lot of effort into Day Five so that everyone would have a lot to go off of information wise. Please enjoy the pictures, I hope that they help the experience! Come Friday I will be unveiling the rest of the badges as well :>

Again, accepting CRs will probably take a while so thank you for bearing with me and my work schedule! You are all awesome and lovely and this event would be nothing without your participation!

LIST:
@jbapple
@TwistedFlyte
@Dracowolf
@Ferrates
@TwistedFlyte
@Gravebloom
@Aelfrey
@Ototo
@Scatterspark
@Sharkra
@Katsuokai
@Glurpagos
@sublimevoide
@Bhelryss
@Nighttyger
Day Five is posted above!! I really put a lot of effort into Day Five so that everyone would have a lot to go off of information wise. Please enjoy the pictures, I hope that they help the experience! Come Friday I will be unveiling the rest of the badges as well :>

Again, accepting CRs will probably take a while so thank you for bearing with me and my work schedule! You are all awesome and lovely and this event would be nothing without your participation!

LIST:
@jbapple
@TwistedFlyte
@Dracowolf
@Ferrates
@TwistedFlyte
@Gravebloom
@Aelfrey
@Ototo
@Scatterspark
@Sharkra
@Katsuokai
@Glurpagos
@sublimevoide
@Bhelryss
@Nighttyger
The art for this is so cute! I vote A, sending in money and supplies to @Skritnaja
The art for this is so cute! I vote A, sending in money and supplies to @Skritnaja
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Moodboards for Gems
Dom Org / AFF Runner
AFF Hub