Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 144 145
@antigen thanks! i like submitting different dragons as well as the little blurbs i get to put with them helps me think of things for their lore! ( and of course to show them off
@antigen thanks! i like submitting different dragons as well as the little blurbs i get to put with them helps me think of things for their lore! ( and of course to show them off
8HJ5652.png8hZb6VZ.png
@Antigen Thank you so much! [emoji=heart size=1] I mostly entered her into this event so I could get a better handle on her character and abilities before finalizing her lore. I'm glad her spookiness is coming across well, plus this event has been a great help to me (especially figuring out how she'd interact with other creatures). X3 Thank you also for keeping the event running! I haven't properly RP'd in ages, but I'm really having fun so far! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
@Antigen Thank you so much! I mostly entered her into this event so I could get a better handle on her character and abilities before finalizing her lore. I'm glad her spookiness is coming across well, plus this event has been a great help to me (especially figuring out how she'd interact with other creatures). X3

Thank you also for keeping the event running! I haven't properly RP'd in ages, but I'm really having fun so far!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Antigen

Not all spiders are bad this one is good, I swear :)

I was aiming to tug at some heartstrings. Good to know I succeeded!
@Antigen

Not all spiders are bad this one is good, I swear :)

I was aiming to tug at some heartstrings. Good to know I succeeded!
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@Oleaster @CinamonPizza @PijukVonGacy 10/11 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47887642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/478877/47887642_350.png[/img] [/url] Mimicry never revealed her face, not even to her mate, who more the same masque as she. No one knew why, exactly. Was she disfigured? Was she shy? Was it a strange cultist fashion statement? One guess was as good as another or perhaps just as inaccurate. It wasn't until the day she set out with replicas of her signature adornment that a glimpse of its true intention would be revealed. ************ Mimicry had flown aimlessly throughout the morning, occasionally vocalizing with indigenous wildlife by throwing back their own noises. It entertained her so when they responded in kind. Today though she sought the interaction of a lifeform more similar to her own. Approaching the outskirts of contagion and the shadowlands beyond, the mirror spotted [b]Sarnai[/b]. Her bright red mantle and sanguine wings seemed to blend with the rusty environment, but a keen eye she had, and see her she did. She repositioned into a dive, drawing one of the masques from her waistband to drop overhead as she passed. "Wear this head and you shall be the brains of the beast that is thrice arisen!" ************ Mimicry found herself drifting along the arid currents, allowing them to usher her towards the heart of the pestilent terrain. As she approached the Rim she sharpened her focus on one whose shape looked much like her own. As she flew closer to [b]Nightingale[/b] she observed the bone encasing her head and the feathers sprouting from her wings, which were the color of the spill from a fresh wound. She angled for a close encounter to the right, withdrawing the second masque from her waistband and slinging it at the other nocturne. "Wear this head and you shall be the body of the beast that is thrice arisen!" ************ Mimicy carried on towards the epicenter, narrowing her eyes as the stewing crater grew brighter and the sky grew darker as twilight settled over the day. She was delightedly surprised to spot a poisonous-looking dragon amongst the cauldron's teeth. She wove around their calcified stalks as she drew nearer to [b]Cobra[/b]. Unsure of how dangerous it would be to engage this one, she opted for a steep climb. She tossed her final masque, letting the winds stirred by her wings to carry it towards the creature. "Wear this head and you shall be the spirit of the beast that is thrice arisen!" One body. One mind. One soul. This would be the way. [item=paper mirror masque]x1 [item=paper mirror masque]x1 [item=paper mirror masque]x1 [/center][/quote]
@Oleaster @CinamonPizza @PijukVonGacy
10/11 Exploration

Quote:

47887642_350.png

Mimicry never revealed her face, not even to her mate, who more the same masque as she. No one knew why, exactly. Was she disfigured? Was she shy? Was it a strange cultist fashion statement? One guess was as good as another or perhaps just as inaccurate.

It wasn't until the day she set out with replicas of her signature adornment that a glimpse of its true intention would be revealed.

Mimicry had flown aimlessly throughout the morning, occasionally vocalizing with indigenous wildlife by throwing back their own noises. It entertained her so when they responded in kind. Today though she sought the interaction of a lifeform more similar to her own.

Approaching the outskirts of contagion and the shadowlands beyond, the mirror spotted Sarnai. Her bright red mantle and sanguine wings seemed to blend with the rusty environment, but a keen eye she had, and see her she did.

She repositioned into a dive, drawing one of the masques from her waistband to drop overhead as she passed.

"Wear this head and you shall be the brains of the beast that is thrice arisen!"

Mimicry found herself drifting along the arid currents, allowing them to usher her towards the heart of the pestilent terrain. As she approached the Rim she sharpened her focus on one whose shape looked much like her own. As she flew closer to Nightingale she observed the bone encasing her head and the feathers sprouting from her wings, which were the color of the spill from a fresh wound.

She angled for a close encounter to the right, withdrawing the second masque from her waistband and slinging it at the other nocturne.

"Wear this head and you shall be the body of the beast that is thrice arisen!"

Mimicy carried on towards the epicenter, narrowing her eyes as the stewing crater grew brighter and the sky grew darker as twilight settled over the day. She was delightedly surprised to spot a poisonous-looking dragon amongst the cauldron's teeth. She wove around their calcified stalks as she drew nearer to Cobra.

Unsure of how dangerous it would be to engage this one, she opted for a steep climb. She tossed her final masque, letting the winds stirred by her wings to carry it towards the creature.

"Wear this head and you shall be the spirit of the beast that is thrice arisen!"

One body. One mind. One soul. This would be the way.

Paper Mirror Masque x1 Paper Mirror Masque x1 Paper Mirror Masque x1
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@TheDeathseer @TheDarkestDream 10/11 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23619190] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/236192/23619190_350.png[/img] [/url] Acrid emerged from his den to the brilliant sight of a guardian. He yawned and stretched, snapping the pointed rows of his maw as he transitioned into a full-body shake. He splayed his toes, pawing at the ground. This one looked like he came from the sea. Too rich for the ice fields, too blue for the electric skies. He started down the steep rise that separated the entrance of his home from more accessible parts of the Rotrock. His casual pace took him close to [b]Diamond.[/b] "Are you here for a visit?" he called. He tilted his matted head and snuffled in greeting. "You don't smell like the last few visitors." He ruffled his coat, almost like a bird settling its feathers, but this one was heavily covered, tangled, and stuck out in odd directions. "Someone forgot this here yesterday. Take it if you want it, I don't really have the room." [item=iron treasure chest][/center][/quote] [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38527577] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385276/38527577_350.png[/img] [/url] Putrid observed another interesting spiral navigating the outer layers of contagion, between the shores of arcane and earth. He appeared to be one of those tried and tested and determined to survive. She began an awkward shuffle towards [b]Wyrm[/b], calling out to alert him of her coming. "Hello, my long friend!" She grinned, and when her lips parted something green and oozy slid from her teeth to coat her chin in thin strings. "Have you ever owned a garden? Oh, I would so love to. To nurture and tend to little blooms as they come into the world would be such a treat! Can you imagine?" She glanced at Wyrm's hands with their pronounced tips. "Well even if you can't, you have the perfect little hands to do it!" She motioned to an indent in the ground between them with one large, clumsy foot. "I saw there was a chest down there earlier. Don't know if it's still there. Have a look-see, maybe you'll find a flower in it!" [item=iron treasure chest][/center][/quote]
@TheDeathseer @TheDarkestDream
10/11 Exploration

Quote:

23619190_350.png

Acrid emerged from his den to the brilliant sight of a guardian. He yawned and stretched, snapping the pointed rows of his maw as he transitioned into a full-body shake. He splayed his toes, pawing at the ground. This one looked like he came from the sea. Too rich for the ice fields, too blue for the electric skies.

He started down the steep rise that separated the entrance of his home from more accessible parts of the Rotrock. His casual pace took him close to Diamond.

"Are you here for a visit?" he called. He tilted his matted head and snuffled in greeting. "You don't smell like the last few visitors."

He ruffled his coat, almost like a bird settling its feathers, but this one was heavily covered, tangled, and stuck out in odd directions.

"Someone forgot this here yesterday. Take it if you want it, I don't really have the room."
Iron Treasure Chest
Quote:

38527577_350.png

Putrid observed another interesting spiral navigating the outer layers of contagion, between the shores of arcane and earth. He appeared to be one of those tried and tested and determined to survive. She began an awkward shuffle towards Wyrm, calling out to alert him of her coming.

"Hello, my long friend!" She grinned, and when her lips parted something green and oozy slid from her teeth to coat her chin in thin strings. "Have you ever owned a garden? Oh, I would so love to. To nurture and tend to little blooms as they come into the world would be such a treat! Can you imagine?"

She glanced at Wyrm's hands with their pronounced tips. "Well even if you can't, you have the perfect little hands to do it!"

She motioned to an indent in the ground between them with one large, clumsy foot. "I saw there was a chest down there earlier. Don't know if it's still there. Have a look-see, maybe you'll find a flower in it!"

Iron Treasure Chest
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
[center]@Antigen [b]Diamond[/b] gratefully takes the chest from the grouchy Tundra, however it weighs him down as he is already carrying a sack, the contents writhing and shaking uncontrollably. [i]"Thank you for the... kind gift."[/i] he says, and proceeds to open the chest... [columns]x2 [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1070.png[/img] [nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/21832.png[/img] [nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/11666.png[/img] [nextcol]4k [emoji=treasure size=1] [nextcol]5 [emoji=gem size=1][/columns] [s](I haven't been sent a CR at the time of writing this?)[/s][/center]
@Antigen

Diamond gratefully takes the chest from the grouchy Tundra, however it weighs him down as he is already carrying a sack, the contents writhing and shaking uncontrollably.
"Thank you for the... kind gift." he says, and proceeds to open the chest...
x2
1070.png
21832.png 11666.png 4k 5

(I haven't been sent a CR at the time of writing this?)
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
@sgkat @Alfamangle @KairinRose @sylvain 10/11 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36954245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/369543/36954245_350.png[/img] [/url] Exposure hummed and tapped her feet as she moved around her shop. Her stew pot was bubbling pleasantly, massive enough in size to feed a pair of imperials. It smelled of saltwater, and leg meat, with arachnids for a little added crunch. An undercurrent of something metallic worked its way into the scent it gave off. She shuffled around the pot, adding a pinch of this and a dash of that until it was a dark, churning mass. The more she added the less appetizing it looked, but smell remained alluring, especially to those with empty bellies. Finally, she added her special ingredient, which was not at all intended to be mixed with food. The tapping of her feet created the beat to the song that she sang with her creation. She ladled generous portions into wooden bowls. The bowls were placed upon a ledge just outside her window. From the ledge, a hand-painted sign hung that read "Delights for the desolate! Be it desire, or demise?" She was pleased with the evening's catch phrase. [item=harvestman]x99 (sgkat) [item=vampire eel]x99 (Alfamangle) [item=grouse]x99 (KairinRose) [item=Micro Deer]x99 (sylvain)[/center][/quote]
@sgkat @Alfamangle @KairinRose @sylvain
10/11 Exploration

Quote:

36954245_350.png

Exposure hummed and tapped her feet as she moved around her shop. Her stew pot was bubbling pleasantly, massive enough in size to feed a pair of imperials. It smelled of saltwater, and leg meat, with arachnids for a little added crunch. An undercurrent of something metallic worked its way into the scent it gave off.

She shuffled around the pot, adding a pinch of this and a dash of that until it was a dark, churning mass. The more she added the less appetizing it looked, but smell remained alluring, especially to those with empty bellies.

Finally, she added her special ingredient, which was not at all intended to be mixed with food. The tapping of her feet created the beat to the song that she sang with her creation.

She ladled generous portions into wooden bowls. The bowls were placed upon a ledge just outside her window. From the ledge, a hand-painted sign hung that read "Delights for the desolate! Be it desire, or demise?"

She was pleased with the evening's catch phrase.
Harvestman x99 (sgkat) Vampire Eel x99 (Alfamangle)

Grouse x99 (KairinRose) Micro Deer x99 (sylvain)
@BoggyMcBogface @Disillusionist 10/11 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8378659] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83787/8378659_350.png[/img] [/url] A guardian approached [b]Ripple[/b] from the West, misty green tendrils of breath steaming from her maw. "You are awfully close to the windy plains over there. Have to just come to cross over into the Windsinger's territory?" She looked beyond the border where thin reeds of bamboo were visible, swaying playfully in their little groves. "Perhaps you want to make something new before you go." The guardian untucked a bundle of greyscale items from her chest plate. "I picked these up from the mangled remains of some kind of cyborg. I think they're used for transmutation. I have not the means nor the desire to figure out how to apply them. Perhaps you do? Though I'd be surprised if you've got a cauldron on you." [item=white slime]x2 [item=black slime]x2 [item=grey slime]x2[/center][/quote] [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43459425] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434595/43459425_350.png[/img] [/url] A mirror curiously tracked [b]Corwin[/b], who seemed to be moving beyond the Rim into the harsh plains of the Boneyard. It wondered why such an ornate beast would venture from something-ness into the nothingness that was its home. Was she looking for something special? It recalled finding bits of something that resembled fabric, but wasn't. Perhaps she would return to a safer environment if she were offered it? Now where were they... Ah! It recalled sticking them to the back of its clever. Why? That was such an odd thing to do, it thought. Nonetheless, it began to creep closer to the other. "Hello, are you a crafter? I may have something of use, if you are." It presented the components on the back of its cleaver like they were on display, feeling silly and hoping that gesturing its weapon wouldn't be perceived as a threat. The edges weren't pointed at the visitor, after all. [item=white slime]x2 [item=black slime]x2 [item=grey slime]x2[/center][/quote]
@BoggyMcBogface @Disillusionist
10/11 Exploration

Quote:

8378659_350.png

A guardian approached Ripple from the West, misty green tendrils of breath steaming from her maw. "You are awfully close to the windy plains over there. Have to just come to cross over into the Windsinger's territory?"

She looked beyond the border where thin reeds of bamboo were visible, swaying playfully in their little groves.

"Perhaps you want to make something new before you go."

The guardian untucked a bundle of greyscale items from her chest plate.

"I picked these up from the mangled remains of some kind of cyborg. I think they're used for transmutation. I have not the means nor the desire to figure out how to apply them. Perhaps you do? Though I'd be surprised if you've got a cauldron on you."
White Slime x2 Black Slime x2 Grey Slime x2

Quote:

43459425_350.png

A mirror curiously tracked Corwin, who seemed to be moving beyond the Rim into the harsh plains of the Boneyard. It wondered why such an ornate beast would venture from something-ness into the nothingness that was its home. Was she looking for something special?

It recalled finding bits of something that resembled fabric, but wasn't. Perhaps she would return to a safer environment if she were offered it? Now where were they...

Ah! It recalled sticking them to the back of its clever. Why? That was such an odd thing to do, it thought. Nonetheless, it began to creep closer to the other.

"Hello, are you a crafter? I may have something of use, if you are."

It presented the components on the back of its cleaver like they were on display, feeling silly and hoping that gesturing its weapon wouldn't be perceived as a threat. The edges weren't pointed at the visitor, after all.
White Slime x2 Black Slime x2 Grey Slime x2
Whew! I'm starting to falling asleep... there are 4 more persons to receive prizes for today, 10/11 - TheAwesoMew, DisastrousAbsol, StarkHarkness, Captainsaviathan. Will get you taken care of in the morning. Posts are already in the works for two.

Good night~ <3
Whew! I'm starting to falling asleep... there are 4 more persons to receive prizes for today, 10/11 - TheAwesoMew, DisastrousAbsol, StarkHarkness, Captainsaviathan. Will get you taken care of in the morning. Posts are already in the works for two.

Good night~ <3
@Antigen [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29764440] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297645/29764440_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Corwin had reached the stone pillars sticking up out of the ground by then. She stood comfortably in their shadows as she turned to examine the Mirror. It wasn't very big, but it looked strong, and its adornments testified to a long, successful life in the Wasteland. "Hail, stranger," she said, dipping her head to it. "Nay, I am no crafter, for I was not created to oversee the manipulation of tools." Still, she looked with curiosity at the things it offered to her. They pulsed, not with life, but with energy. With the [i]promise[/i] of what they could become. "I oversee promises," she explained, "and the promises of these things please me. They may yet serve me, or other beings, in great capacity." She opened her own claws for the Mirror to drop the things onto her waiting palm. A shiver in the air, and they too were gone. Perhaps soon they would weave their energies into other dragons' skins or adornments. Corwin would be pleased to deliver them to any who needed them. It always pleased her to see promises fulfilled. (( Gotta say, I cracked up at Claw wondering about the slimes sticking to its cleaver. xD He is so adorable. I hope I got the pronouns right! ))
@Antigen
Corwin had reached the stone pillars sticking up out of the ground by then. She stood comfortably in their shadows as she turned to examine the Mirror. It wasn't very big, but it looked strong, and its adornments testified to a long, successful life in the Wasteland.

"Hail, stranger," she said, dipping her head to it. "Nay, I am no crafter, for I was not created to oversee the manipulation of tools." Still, she looked with curiosity at the things it offered to her. They pulsed, not with life, but with energy. With the promise of what they could become.

"I oversee promises," she explained, "and the promises of these things please me. They may yet serve me, or other beings, in great capacity." She opened her own claws for the Mirror to drop the things onto her waiting palm. A shiver in the air, and they too were gone. Perhaps soon they would weave their energies into other dragons' skins or adornments. Corwin would be pleased to deliver them to any who needed them. It always pleased her to see promises fulfilled.

(( Gotta say, I cracked up at Claw wondering about the slimes sticking to its cleaver. xD He is so adorable. I hope I got the pronouns right! ))
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 144 145