Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 141 142
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun to imagine!

I remember how shocked I was when it was revealed real-time in CleverDual's lore! It was quite the shocker! Everyone was so happy to see Javan back and then she dropped the news and we were all reeling! I'm glad to get to emulate that a bit in this chapter!

And it was so sad. I was planning on having that bonding moment and then Pinkerton dropped that battle stone on me (though you have to admit, it is fitting that the battle stone that killed Zunde is a scholar).
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun to imagine!

I remember how shocked I was when it was revealed real-time in CleverDual's lore! It was quite the shocker! Everyone was so happy to see Javan back and then she dropped the news and we were all reeling! I'm glad to get to emulate that a bit in this chapter!

And it was so sad. I was planning on having that bonding moment and then Pinkerton dropped that battle stone on me (though you have to admit, it is fitting that the battle stone that killed Zunde is a scholar).
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall ahh yess! i'd love to be on the pinglist. i can't believe best boy died tho', his egg started this whole thing!! bby. ;(
@petall ahh yess! i'd love to be on the pinglist. i can't believe best boy died tho', his egg started this whole thing!! bby. ;(
cottonee.gifjoltik.gif
@Starongie

Just added you! And yeah ;-; He's the last dragon I wanted to die...
@Starongie

Just added you! And yeah ;-; He's the last dragon I wanted to die...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/13#post_39587332]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 16: Zunde[/u][/b] [item=hainu collar] Sentence: Art[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Age quietly walked down the corridor that separated her room from Heaven and Nevaeh's. She still felt numb from the events of the previous day. Returning home with the news of Zunde's death had been heartbreaking, and it was even worse to see the grief on the face of her mother. She had been avoiding everyone, too busy carrying her on grief to allow the grief of others to impact her further. She wondered if this was how Ivi felt, when her brothers were slain by the rebels. If ever she felt a kinship with the queen, it was now. But it was time to put her own hesitations aside and confront the truth. It was time for Zunde's funeral. Age took a deep breath before knocking at Heaven and Nevaeh's door. The twins had kept to themselves, strangely silent since the incident. They did not respond, so Age pushed the door open hesitantly. "Hello?" she called as she took a step inside. Neveah looked up from her bed, eyes red with tears. She was curled around herself, and her mane looked a mess, like she had not taken care to groom herself in days. Age didn't blame her, she was sure she herself looked much the same way. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950390][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=78&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=69baca34e665cc231aea935b4bd8d43e46c124b6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Where's Heaven?" Age asked, looking around the room. Nevaeh just gestured to the second chamber of their quarters. "You called?" Heaven asked, sauntering in and eyeing Age suspiciously. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950388][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=38&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=02a6abe4b7b85f8dfdd089b23503f50c24e85f0b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Yes, I just wondered if you wanted to go down to the funeral with me," Age asked, slightly intimidated by the fierce way in which the imperial was carrying herself. "Nevaeh! Are you ready to go?" Heaven barked at her sister. Nevaeh just nodded and slowly got to her feet. "Shouldn't you be a little bit sympathetic?" Age whispered to her friend, shocked at her sharpness. "She's spent all day as a blithering ball of tears, she can handle getting up and bringing herself down there" Heaven shot back. Age reeled, jaw dropping. "Zunde just [i]died[/i]!" Age reminded Heaven. "Have a little respect!" "You think I don't know that?" Heaven growled. "It was out fault! And I do have respect, thank you very much, that's why I'm moving on with my life and not letting this break me." "It's not our fault, Heaven!" Nevaeh glared at her sister. "Why do you keep saying that?" "Look at the facts. He was yelling at us, then he fell to the floor and died. He didn't have his lantern with him, we left ours at home. He was clearly so mad at us that the curse decided to take him out. Either that, or the stress of seeing all his precious books strewn across the floor did him in," Heaven explained. "Look, I'm not going to spell this out for you. In life, bad things happen. You have to choose how you're going to let them impact you." "I don't think there's anything wrong with being sad," Age piped up quietly. "And that's your choice. I've made mine, don't get in my way," Heaven shot back. "Now, are we going, or not?" "We're going," Nevaeh rolled her eyes, but Age had noticed she had stopped crying. As they walked, Age and Nevaeh fell behind Heaven. Age looked ahead to make sure Heaven was out of earshot before she started talking. "Are you doing okay?" Age asked gently. "I'll be fine. Heaven was right. There's no use crying about it, it's not going to change anything," Nevaeh shrugged. A look of horror crossed the imperial's face as she realized who she was speaking too. "Of course, there's nothing wrong with crying. I'm not saying that. You lost your brother, that's big. I'm just saying, I'm done with my tears. There are better ways to focus my grief, you know? I just need to find them." Age nodded, feeling too overwhelmed with emotion to speak. Nevaeh cast a sympathetic look at her friend, then bounded ahead to join her sister, leaving Age trailing behind with her thoughts. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=16492,18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Topaz's mouth felt dry. When he had stolen that egg, he had never expected anything like this to happen. Once Ulf had come along, the solution had seemed easy: use the stolen child to get into the ruins, then let the gaoler bring him back to his parents, no harm done. He hadn't expected Larkin to get attached. He hadn't expected his own daughter to grow up seeing him as her brother. Now Larkin was clinging close to Ulf's side, her face pressed into the gaoler's thick fur. While Topaz was sure with time, the grief would fade with the memory of her son, his heart couldn't help but break for her. He wanted nothing more than to go and comfort her too, but things were rocky between them and he knew he wouldn't be welcome. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Instead, he had taken on the task of trying to figure out what to do with the body. With his limited exploration of the city, he had yet to find a graveyard or anything. He supposed the rebellion had left little time for mourning, and there was little death beforehand. If there was one to be found, it would be small. Besides, he hadn't thought they'd need one so soon. He remembered back in his birth clan, after his parents had been overthrown, his father and the rest of the fallen dragons had their ashes released in the wind. With the still air around him now, he knew that would not be an option. He supposed this was what Ulf meant when he talked about making the hard choices. He had to pave the trail and forge the rituals and traditions of the clan, even if they were difficult. In the end, he had decided to bury the coatl in the gardens next to the library. That way, he would be close to the place he loved. It wasn't as grand as Topaz would like, but it was enough to make Larkin happy, and that was all that mattered. Larkin had already scouted out a place, and now they were waiting for the remainder of their clan to gather for the ceremony. Soon, Age made her way down with the twins. The trio were strangely silent as they took their places, Age rushing to find comfort in her mother's arms and the twins sitting a short distance away from the other dragons. Now they were just waiting on Khepri. The snapper lumbered in five minutes later. He didn't say anything, just cast a sorrowful glance at the body of his friend as he took his place. He didn't look at anyone. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Then Topaz realized Ulf was looking at him. It was time to start the ceremony. He swallowed the lump in his throat and prepared to talk. "It is-" Topaz felt the words catch in his throat. "Today we gather, not to celebrate, but to mourn. The Forgotten Kingdom has experienced its first death, and the loss of Zunde weighs heavily on our hearts. He was a good son, brother and friend. He devoted his life to documenting the beginning of our beloved clan. His efforts will not be forgotten, and he will live on through his writing, which will forever display the humble beginnings of our clan." He took a step back. "Ulf, if you will," he nodded to the gaoler. Ulf stepped away from Larkin, leaving her and Age huddled together, tears in both their eyes. He moved next to the body, and began to dig a hole. Silence surrounded the group like a blanket as he worked. Soon, Age moved forward, and began digging as well, followed by her mother. Topaz watched as Khepri joined in, followed eventually by the twins. He sighed. He didn't really want to get his paws dirty, but he couldn't just stand and watch while everyone else dug. With their combined effort, it was not long before the hole was dug, and the group stepped away. Ulf rolled the body into the grave, and they all worked to bury him together. When the deed was done, Topaz stepped back, exhausted. "If anyone would like to say any words, now is the time," Topaz announced, shifting his crown back to its position and wincing as dirt fell from him hands onto his face. "You were an amazing big brother, I will always remember what you taught me about our history, and with your books, I will carry you in my memory forever," Age said. Once she had finished speaking, Ulf let out a small burst of nature energy and a glowing mushroom sprouted on the freshly turned soil. "You were my eldest child, my everything," Larkin sobbed. "Every day, you made me so proud. My heart will never be the same without you. May your legacy carry on forever, a light to our clan." Once she had finished, another mushroom sprouted. "Zunde, you were a true friend. I shall miss our walks and conversations. Thank you for never growing tired of my stories. Yours shall join them." Khepri added, and Ulf grew another mushroom. "Zunde, never before have I met a dragon so brave and strong and devoted to his cause. You were an inspiration to us all," Ulf said, growing his own mushroom. Next Nevaeh stepped forward. "I know we weren't the easiest to look after, but you did a good job. Thank you for putting up with our pranks and keeping us in line. I don't know what we're going to do without you. I'm sorry I called you boring, I didn't mean it." A fifth mushroom joined the growth. Nevaeh looked expectantly at her sister. "Thanks, I guess," Heaven grunted. "And, I'm sorry." A sixth mushroom sprouted. Now everyone turned and looked at Topaz, and he could feel himself starting to sweat. He had already said his bit, what more could he say? Still, he could feel their expectant stares burning into him. They weren't going to let him off the hook. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward. "Zunde, you weren't my son," Topaz said, feeling himself tear up. He hadn't realized how much the other coatl had meant to him. "But I wish you were. You were the light this clan needed, and if it weren't for you, none of us would be here. You brought us together, and I'm sorry I could never call you my own." As he finished, he could feel Larkin's eyes intensely on him, but he couldn't bring himself to meet them, so instead he watched as his mushroom grew bigger. Why did she have to look at him like this now, when he was a wreck? His parents had always taught him to never show his true feelings, yet here he was. "Zunde, may you find peace, wherever you are now," Topaz finished, bringing the ceremony to a close. It was some time before anyone moved or said anything, but it was Ulf who broke the silence. The gaoler cleared his throat. "I have an announcement to make," Ulf said. "I have something I need to do, so I'll be leaving the city for a little while. Don't worry-" He turned to meet Larkin's shocked gaze. "I'll be back. There's just some gaoler business I need to attend to elsewhere." "Very well, wish you well in your travels," Topaz said, nodding curtly to the gaoler. His brain was whirring a thousand miles a minute. If he was going to be leaving, perhaps he could take advantage of his absence and Larkin's poor memory to win her over to his side again. "Actually, your majesty, I need to speak with you," Ulf said, meeting Topaz's eyes. It was the first time he had addressed him without mockery. "In private," He added. "Of course," Topaz responded, suspiciously. The two made their way into the overgrown gardens, far enough away that no one would overhear them. "I want you to know that I'm going to bring Zunde back to his parents," Ulf said in a low voice. "What?" Topaz was taken aback. "But we just buried him!" "I know. I'm going to dig him up again once everyone is gone," Ulf said. "But Larkin-" Topaz didn't understand. "Larkin can't know. I may not trust you, but I'm trusting you with this. If I get the slightest suspicion you passed this on, I'll tell her you let me go and then she'll never forgive you," Ulf growled. "But as we both know, Zunde was not actually her son and he has a family out there that probably wonders every day where he's gotten to and if he's okay. It is my duty to bring them closure, even if its not the news they want to hear." "But won't she know if his grave is defiled?" Topaz's head was spinning. "I can grow the mushrooms back, no one will know the difference. You're the only one who knows, and I'm only telling you because this is your fault and I want you to know the grief you're bringing his family. They'll know exactly what you've done, and there's nothing you can do about it." Ulf glared at the coatl. "Is there anything I can do to stop you?" Topaz glared at the gaoler. "Nope. Tonight I'll burn him, and I'll bring his ashes home for his [i]real[/i] parents to do with him as they wish. You'll never be welcome back at Windkeep Tower again," Ulf warned. "That's fine by me, I don't ever plan on going back. This is my home now," Topaz hissed. And with that, he turned and walked away, leaving the gaoler behind. Ulf could do what he wanted, he reminded himself. And as he went, he tried to convince himself everything he had said in honor of Zunde was a lie. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Age creaked the library door open, and she and Nevaeh stepped inside. She jumped as the torches lit themselves on the wall, bringing light to the building. She hadn't been back here since Zunde brought her here, and she was surprised by the emotion it brought. She wondered if she would ever be able to see this place as a place of joy again, as the scent of dust and old books filled her nose. She didn't say anything, just clutched Zunde's writing close to her chest. The library was so big, Age soon found herself getting lost. Nevaeh said nothing, just followed in support of her friend, carrying her own pile of books and scrolls. After what seemed like forever, Age found it again. She was overwhelmed with emotion as she stepped into the alcove. Hazzleblazzlekerblazzleflam: A Memoir still sat open, untouched. The tundra took a deep breath, and began unloading the books and scrolls onto the shelves. They documented the history of the clan, and their place was here. Nevaeh silently worked alongside her, until everything was in its proper place and the imperial held the last, unfinished tome. "What are you waiting for? Put it down!" Age snapped. She was exhausted from the emotional stress of the day, and she just wanted to go home. It had been hard enough to let go of the writings and add them to the archives, but this was where it belonged. "I think you should keep this one," Nevaeh said, holding out the book. "What do you mean?" Age asked. "I mean, someone is going to have to take up Zunde's old job. The Forgotten Kingdom's history will need to be recorded. And don't you want a way to ensure your brother stays in your memory forever?" Nevaeh reasoned. "Of course but-" Age scrambled for an excuse. "I'm nowhere near as good as him! I could never-" "Age, you've loved stories from the moment your parents started reading them to you, I'm sure you'll pick it up just fine," Nevaeh reassured her. "Besides, you need to do something with that grief rather than wallowing in it until your tundra brain forgets him entirely. If you find yourself too busy once you become queen, you can give the job to someone else. But this is something you can do for Zunde now." Age sniffed, wiping away a tear at her friend's speech. She took the book. "Thank you," She said. "Of course," Nevaeh grinned. "You're going to be great, I just know it." The two friends left the library together, feeling sad, but a little lighter. They were going to be okay. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/14#post_39614948]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie[/center] ----- What a chapter! I'm feeling all sorts of emotions now! It was fun to expand Heaven and Nevaeh's personalities as separate entities now that their getting a little older. Actually, technically they've grown up now, but I felt it was a little weird to put in their adult images one day after they were portrayed as hatchlings. As for the art, I made some more moodboards! Here they are! I had a lot of fun making them, especially with their potential future plans in my mind! Khepri: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e7/74/8f/e7748f3b361388165c78dd3bdbbdd7b2.jpg[/img][/center] Age: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/41/c0/07/41c0073ae2fad919926a2573823e69d2.jpg[/img][/center] Heaven: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8a/5a/f7/8a5af7400c95206a6b0ca4657d66ab52.jpg[/img][/center] Nevaeh: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2a/48/17/2a4817bcc9da97c5ed292e7d3554aff5.jpg[/img][/center]

Day 16: Zunde
Hainu Collar
Sentence: Art

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png

Age quietly walked down the corridor that separated her room from Heaven and Nevaeh's. She still felt numb from the events of the previous day. Returning home with the news of Zunde's death had been heartbreaking, and it was even worse to see the grief on the face of her mother. She had been avoiding everyone, too busy carrying her on grief to allow the grief of others to impact her further. She wondered if this was how Ivi felt, when her brothers were slain by the rebels. If ever she felt a kinship with the queen, it was now.

But it was time to put her own hesitations aside and confront the truth. It was time for Zunde's funeral.

Age took a deep breath before knocking at Heaven and Nevaeh's door. The twins had kept to themselves, strangely silent since the incident. They did not respond, so Age pushed the door open hesitantly.

"Hello?" she called as she took a step inside.

Neveah looked up from her bed, eyes red with tears. She was curled around herself, and her mane looked a mess, like she had not taken care to groom herself in days. Age didn't blame her, she was sure she herself looked much the same way.
dragon?age=0&body=78&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=69baca34e665cc231aea935b4bd8d43e46c124b6&dummyext=prev.png

"Where's Heaven?" Age asked, looking around the room. Nevaeh just gestured to the second chamber of their quarters.

"You called?" Heaven asked, sauntering in and eyeing Age suspiciously.
dragon?age=0&body=38&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=02a6abe4b7b85f8dfdd089b23503f50c24e85f0b&dummyext=prev.png

"Yes, I just wondered if you wanted to go down to the funeral with me," Age asked, slightly intimidated by the fierce way in which the imperial was carrying herself.

"Nevaeh! Are you ready to go?" Heaven barked at her sister. Nevaeh just nodded and slowly got to her feet.

"Shouldn't you be a little bit sympathetic?" Age whispered to her friend, shocked at her sharpness.

"She's spent all day as a blithering ball of tears, she can handle getting up and bringing herself down there" Heaven shot back. Age reeled, jaw dropping.

"Zunde just died!" Age reminded Heaven. "Have a little respect!"

"You think I don't know that?" Heaven growled. "It was out fault! And I do have respect, thank you very much, that's why I'm moving on with my life and not letting this break me."

"It's not our fault, Heaven!" Nevaeh glared at her sister. "Why do you keep saying that?"

"Look at the facts. He was yelling at us, then he fell to the floor and died. He didn't have his lantern with him, we left ours at home. He was clearly so mad at us that the curse decided to take him out. Either that, or the stress of seeing all his precious books strewn across the floor did him in," Heaven explained. "Look, I'm not going to spell this out for you. In life, bad things happen. You have to choose how you're going to let them impact you."

"I don't think there's anything wrong with being sad," Age piped up quietly.

"And that's your choice. I've made mine, don't get in my way," Heaven shot back. "Now, are we going, or not?"

"We're going," Nevaeh rolled her eyes, but Age had noticed she had stopped crying.

As they walked, Age and Nevaeh fell behind Heaven. Age looked ahead to make sure Heaven was out of earshot before she started talking.

"Are you doing okay?" Age asked gently.

"I'll be fine. Heaven was right. There's no use crying about it, it's not going to change anything," Nevaeh shrugged. A look of horror crossed the imperial's face as she realized who she was speaking too. "Of course, there's nothing wrong with crying. I'm not saying that. You lost your brother, that's big. I'm just saying, I'm done with my tears. There are better ways to focus my grief, you know? I just need to find them."

Age nodded, feeling too overwhelmed with emotion to speak. Nevaeh cast a sympathetic look at her friend, then bounded ahead to join her sister, leaving Age trailing behind with her thoughts.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=16492,18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png

Topaz's mouth felt dry. When he had stolen that egg, he had never expected anything like this to happen. Once Ulf had come along, the solution had seemed easy: use the stolen child to get into the ruins, then let the gaoler bring him back to his parents, no harm done. He hadn't expected Larkin to get attached. He hadn't expected his own daughter to grow up seeing him as her brother.

Now Larkin was clinging close to Ulf's side, her face pressed into the gaoler's thick fur. While Topaz was sure with time, the grief would fade with the memory of her son, his heart couldn't help but break for her. He wanted nothing more than to go and comfort her too, but things were rocky between them and he knew he wouldn't be welcome.
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png

Instead, he had taken on the task of trying to figure out what to do with the body. With his limited exploration of the city, he had yet to find a graveyard or anything. He supposed the rebellion had left little time for mourning, and there was little death beforehand. If there was one to be found, it would be small. Besides, he hadn't thought they'd need one so soon.

He remembered back in his birth clan, after his parents had been overthrown, his father and the rest of the fallen dragons had their ashes released in the wind. With the still air around him now, he knew that would not be an option. He supposed this was what Ulf meant when he talked about making the hard choices. He had to pave the trail and forge the rituals and traditions of the clan, even if they were difficult.

In the end, he had decided to bury the coatl in the gardens next to the library. That way, he would be close to the place he loved. It wasn't as grand as Topaz would like, but it was enough to make Larkin happy, and that was all that mattered. Larkin had already scouted out a place, and now they were waiting for the remainder of their clan to gather for the ceremony.

Soon, Age made her way down with the twins. The trio were strangely silent as they took their places, Age rushing to find comfort in her mother's arms and the twins sitting a short distance away from the other dragons.

Now they were just waiting on Khepri.

The snapper lumbered in five minutes later. He didn't say anything, just cast a sorrowful glance at the body of his friend as he took his place. He didn't look at anyone.
dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png

Then Topaz realized Ulf was looking at him. It was time to start the ceremony. He swallowed the lump in his throat and prepared to talk.

"It is-" Topaz felt the words catch in his throat. "Today we gather, not to celebrate, but to mourn. The Forgotten Kingdom has experienced its first death, and the loss of Zunde weighs heavily on our hearts. He was a good son, brother and friend. He devoted his life to documenting the beginning of our beloved clan. His efforts will not be forgotten, and he will live on through his writing, which will forever display the humble beginnings of our clan."

He took a step back. "Ulf, if you will," he nodded to the gaoler.

Ulf stepped away from Larkin, leaving her and Age huddled together, tears in both their eyes. He moved next to the body, and began to dig a hole. Silence surrounded the group like a blanket as he worked. Soon, Age moved forward, and began digging as well, followed by her mother. Topaz watched as Khepri joined in, followed eventually by the twins. He sighed. He didn't really want to get his paws dirty, but he couldn't just stand and watch while everyone else dug.

With their combined effort, it was not long before the hole was dug, and the group stepped away. Ulf rolled the body into the grave, and they all worked to bury him together. When the deed was done, Topaz stepped back, exhausted.

"If anyone would like to say any words, now is the time," Topaz announced, shifting his crown back to its position and wincing as dirt fell from him hands onto his face.

"You were an amazing big brother, I will always remember what you taught me about our history, and with your books, I will carry you in my memory forever," Age said. Once she had finished speaking, Ulf let out a small burst of nature energy and a glowing mushroom sprouted on the freshly turned soil.

"You were my eldest child, my everything," Larkin sobbed. "Every day, you made me so proud. My heart will never be the same without you. May your legacy carry on forever, a light to our clan." Once she had finished, another mushroom sprouted.

"Zunde, you were a true friend. I shall miss our walks and conversations. Thank you for never growing tired of my stories. Yours shall join them." Khepri added, and Ulf grew another mushroom.

"Zunde, never before have I met a dragon so brave and strong and devoted to his cause. You were an inspiration to us all," Ulf said, growing his own mushroom.

Next Nevaeh stepped forward. "I know we weren't the easiest to look after, but you did a good job. Thank you for putting up with our pranks and keeping us in line. I don't know what we're going to do without you. I'm sorry I called you boring, I didn't mean it." A fifth mushroom joined the growth. Nevaeh looked expectantly at her sister.

"Thanks, I guess," Heaven grunted. "And, I'm sorry." A sixth mushroom sprouted.

Now everyone turned and looked at Topaz, and he could feel himself starting to sweat. He had already said his bit, what more could he say? Still, he could feel their expectant stares burning into him. They weren't going to let him off the hook. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward.

"Zunde, you weren't my son," Topaz said, feeling himself tear up. He hadn't realized how much the other coatl had meant to him. "But I wish you were. You were the light this clan needed, and if it weren't for you, none of us would be here. You brought us together, and I'm sorry I could never call you my own."

As he finished, he could feel Larkin's eyes intensely on him, but he couldn't bring himself to meet them, so instead he watched as his mushroom grew bigger. Why did she have to look at him like this now, when he was a wreck? His parents had always taught him to never show his true feelings, yet here he was.

"Zunde, may you find peace, wherever you are now," Topaz finished, bringing the ceremony to a close.

It was some time before anyone moved or said anything, but it was Ulf who broke the silence. The gaoler cleared his throat.

"I have an announcement to make," Ulf said. "I have something I need to do, so I'll be leaving the city for a little while. Don't worry-" He turned to meet Larkin's shocked gaze. "I'll be back. There's just some gaoler business I need to attend to elsewhere."

"Very well, wish you well in your travels," Topaz said, nodding curtly to the gaoler. His brain was whirring a thousand miles a minute. If he was going to be leaving, perhaps he could take advantage of his absence and Larkin's poor memory to win her over to his side again.

"Actually, your majesty, I need to speak with you," Ulf said, meeting Topaz's eyes. It was the first time he had addressed him without mockery. "In private," He added.

"Of course," Topaz responded, suspiciously. The two made their way into the overgrown gardens, far enough away that no one would overhear them.

"I want you to know that I'm going to bring Zunde back to his parents," Ulf said in a low voice.

"What?" Topaz was taken aback. "But we just buried him!"

"I know. I'm going to dig him up again once everyone is gone," Ulf said.

"But Larkin-" Topaz didn't understand.

"Larkin can't know. I may not trust you, but I'm trusting you with this. If I get the slightest suspicion you passed this on, I'll tell her you let me go and then she'll never forgive you," Ulf growled. "But as we both know, Zunde was not actually her son and he has a family out there that probably wonders every day where he's gotten to and if he's okay. It is my duty to bring them closure, even if its not the news they want to hear."

"But won't she know if his grave is defiled?" Topaz's head was spinning.

"I can grow the mushrooms back, no one will know the difference. You're the only one who knows, and I'm only telling you because this is your fault and I want you to know the grief you're bringing his family. They'll know exactly what you've done, and there's nothing you can do about it." Ulf glared at the coatl.

"Is there anything I can do to stop you?" Topaz glared at the gaoler.

"Nope. Tonight I'll burn him, and I'll bring his ashes home for his real parents to do with him as they wish. You'll never be welcome back at Windkeep Tower again," Ulf warned.

"That's fine by me, I don't ever plan on going back. This is my home now," Topaz hissed. And with that, he turned and walked away, leaving the gaoler behind. Ulf could do what he wanted, he reminded himself. And as he went, he tried to convince himself everything he had said in honor of Zunde was a lie.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

Age creaked the library door open, and she and Nevaeh stepped inside. She jumped as the torches lit themselves on the wall, bringing light to the building. She hadn't been back here since Zunde brought her here, and she was surprised by the emotion it brought. She wondered if she would ever be able to see this place as a place of joy again, as the scent of dust and old books filled her nose.

She didn't say anything, just clutched Zunde's writing close to her chest. The library was so big, Age soon found herself getting lost. Nevaeh said nothing, just followed in support of her friend, carrying her own pile of books and scrolls.

After what seemed like forever, Age found it again. She was overwhelmed with emotion as she stepped into the alcove. Hazzleblazzlekerblazzleflam: A Memoir still sat open, untouched. The tundra took a deep breath, and began unloading the books and scrolls onto the shelves. They documented the history of the clan, and their place was here. Nevaeh silently worked alongside her, until everything was in its proper place and the imperial held the last, unfinished tome.

"What are you waiting for? Put it down!" Age snapped. She was exhausted from the emotional stress of the day, and she just wanted to go home. It had been hard enough to let go of the writings and add them to the archives, but this was where it belonged.

"I think you should keep this one," Nevaeh said, holding out the book.

"What do you mean?" Age asked.

"I mean, someone is going to have to take up Zunde's old job. The Forgotten Kingdom's history will need to be recorded. And don't you want a way to ensure your brother stays in your memory forever?" Nevaeh reasoned.

"Of course but-" Age scrambled for an excuse. "I'm nowhere near as good as him! I could never-"

"Age, you've loved stories from the moment your parents started reading them to you, I'm sure you'll pick it up just fine," Nevaeh reassured her. "Besides, you need to do something with that grief rather than wallowing in it until your tundra brain forgets him entirely. If you find yourself too busy once you become queen, you can give the job to someone else. But this is something you can do for Zunde now."

Age sniffed, wiping away a tear at her friend's speech. She took the book. "Thank you," She said.

"Of course," Nevaeh grinned. "You're going to be great, I just know it."

The two friends left the library together, feeling sad, but a little lighter. They were going to be okay.

What a chapter! I'm feeling all sorts of emotions now! It was fun to expand Heaven and Nevaeh's personalities as separate entities now that their getting a little older. Actually, technically they've grown up now, but I felt it was a little weird to put in their adult images one day after they were portrayed as hatchlings.

As for the art, I made some more moodboards! Here they are! I had a lot of fun making them, especially with their potential future plans in my mind!

Khepri:
e7748f3b361388165c78dd3bdbbdd7b2.jpg

Heaven:
8a5af7400c95206a6b0ca4657d66ab52.jpg

Nevaeh:
2a4817bcc9da97c5ed292e7d3554aff5.jpg
AHHHHHHH ZUNDE NO ;_;

I'm glad Midwinter offered to take him because I would be SORELY tempted and I... don't need him... I just want him to not be dead...
AHHHHHHH ZUNDE NO ;_;

I'm glad Midwinter offered to take him because I would be SORELY tempted and I... don't need him... I just want him to not be dead...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

I know... ;-;

Lol, I feel that... I also want him to not be dead
@Leopardmask

I know... ;-;

Lol, I feel that... I also want him to not be dead
@Petall It was very interesting to see how Zunde's death had affected everyone else (though I'm ngl, Heaven's reaction made me raise my eyebrows all the way up to the top of my skull x'D). I also hadn't expected that from Ulf. It makes a lot of sense, but at the same time there are plenty of possibilities for juicy plot complications here. [s]Let's hope he doesn't croak en route to Windkeep[/s] Beautiful moodboards as always! If you don't mind my asking, from where do you get your pictures? I'd love to try making boards for my own dergs. [emoji=guardian star size=1]
@Petall It was very interesting to see how Zunde's death had affected everyone else (though I'm ngl, Heaven's reaction made me raise my eyebrows all the way up to the top of my skull x'D). I also hadn't expected that from Ulf. It makes a lot of sense, but at the same time there are plenty of possibilities for juicy plot complications here. Let's hope he doesn't croak en route to Windkeep

Beautiful moodboards as always! If you don't mind my asking, from where do you get your pictures? I'd love to try making boards for my own dergs.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Heaven's in denial of her feelings towards Zunde's death, her grief is manifesting in anger instead. And honestly, Ulf dying on the way to or from Windkeep Tower is my worst fear...

Thank you! I get my pictures from pinterest! And to make them I use an app on my phone called LiveCollage!
@Disillusionist

Heaven's in denial of her feelings towards Zunde's death, her grief is manifesting in anger instead. And honestly, Ulf dying on the way to or from Windkeep Tower is my worst fear...

Thank you! I get my pictures from pinterest! And to make them I use an app on my phone called LiveCollage!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/14#post_39603615]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 17: In The Garden[/u][/b] [item=Impure Sacridite] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] A month had passed since Zunde's passing. Ulf had yet to return from his quest, and it seemed that for all, life was going back to normal. Since the sudden attack of the curse, there had been no more casualties, though everyone kept their lanterns close for good measure. Khepri was taking his morning walk to the forge for work. Even in Ulf's absence, he had been keeping himself busy fixing up the prison tower. It helped to keep his mind off of everything. Zunde's passing had hit him hard. Now not only had he lost his true love, his best friend was gone, never to return. It seemed that no matter what happened, he was going to keep losing people. Work was the only thing that could keep the loneliness from crushing him completely. The only thing that had begun to look up was the walk to and from work. The twins had taken to gardening, and as a result had been trying to fix the gardens in the clan. While they had mainly focused their work on the gardens in the palace courtyards, they had been starting their attempts to tame the knowledge district as well. It was far from perfect, but they gardens weren't as overgrown and wild as they once were. Some flowers had even started to grow on the bushes. On this particular day, Khepri had stopped to smell some new red carnations. He was so engrossed in the joy of his walk that he completely failed to notice that he wasn't alone. When he looked up, he was surprised to see a pair of golden eyes staring into his own. His heart stopped as a grin spread across the imperial's face. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950390][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52950390&skin=0&apparel=754,15749&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh! Hello!" Khepri stammered, taking a step back. He hadn't seen either of the twins since Zunde's funeral, and her grace and beauty now that she was grown up had completely taken him aback. To his horror, he was completely blanking on which of the twins this was standing before him. "Nevaeh," The imperial giggled, correctly interpreting what Khepri was certain was a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Right, Nevaeh," Khepri took a deep breath. Why was talking so hard? "Where is your sister?" "She's working on perfecting the palace gardens. I thought I'd tackle more of the knowledge district wilds," Nevaeh looked around, clearly proud of what she had accomplished. Khepri didn't blame her. She was doing an amazing job. Khepri realized he hadn't said anything in a while. "Well, I should get going. Work, you know," he winced as the words fell awkwardly out of his mouth. "Would you like some company? I wouldn't want you to get too lost with all these changes," Nevaeh teased. "No, I think I can find my own way," Khepri reassured her. Suddenly feeling very hot, he turned and continued walking. As the distance grew between them, he couldn't help but wish he hadn't turned down her offer, but he didn't want her to see him like this. Why had he turned into such a fool so quickly? It wasn't as if he had never met her before. It wasn't until he got to the forge and realized that he had no motivation to work on the ring that he realized what was different. All the feelings he had felt for his lost love were gone, and in their place, all he could think about was Nevaeh's smiling face. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/15#post_39629869]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie[/center] ----- A surprising turn of events, I know, but Nevaeh's randomized theme song certainly puts a spin on things. I wouldn't recommend listening to it unless you want potential spoilers, but I've been waiting for the twins to grow up so I could start setting the foundations for this character arc. I hope Pinkerton allows me to see it through.

Day 17: In The Garden
Impure Sacridite
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png

A month had passed since Zunde's passing. Ulf had yet to return from his quest, and it seemed that for all, life was going back to normal. Since the sudden attack of the curse, there had been no more casualties, though everyone kept their lanterns close for good measure.

Khepri was taking his morning walk to the forge for work. Even in Ulf's absence, he had been keeping himself busy fixing up the prison tower. It helped to keep his mind off of everything. Zunde's passing had hit him hard. Now not only had he lost his true love, his best friend was gone, never to return. It seemed that no matter what happened, he was going to keep losing people. Work was the only thing that could keep the loneliness from crushing him completely.

The only thing that had begun to look up was the walk to and from work. The twins had taken to gardening, and as a result had been trying to fix the gardens in the clan. While they had mainly focused their work on the gardens in the palace courtyards, they had been starting their attempts to tame the knowledge district as well. It was far from perfect, but they gardens weren't as overgrown and wild as they once were. Some flowers had even started to grow on the bushes.

On this particular day, Khepri had stopped to smell some new red carnations. He was so engrossed in the joy of his walk that he completely failed to notice that he wasn't alone. When he looked up, he was surprised to see a pair of golden eyes staring into his own. His heart stopped as a grin spread across the imperial's face.
dragon?did=52950390&skin=0&apparel=754,15749&xt=dressing.png

"Oh! Hello!" Khepri stammered, taking a step back. He hadn't seen either of the twins since Zunde's funeral, and her grace and beauty now that she was grown up had completely taken him aback. To his horror, he was completely blanking on which of the twins this was standing before him.

"Nevaeh," The imperial giggled, correctly interpreting what Khepri was certain was a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Right, Nevaeh," Khepri took a deep breath. Why was talking so hard? "Where is your sister?"

"She's working on perfecting the palace gardens. I thought I'd tackle more of the knowledge district wilds," Nevaeh looked around, clearly proud of what she had accomplished. Khepri didn't blame her. She was doing an amazing job.

Khepri realized he hadn't said anything in a while. "Well, I should get going. Work, you know," he winced as the words fell awkwardly out of his mouth.

"Would you like some company? I wouldn't want you to get too lost with all these changes," Nevaeh teased.

"No, I think I can find my own way," Khepri reassured her. Suddenly feeling very hot, he turned and continued walking. As the distance grew between them, he couldn't help but wish he hadn't turned down her offer, but he didn't want her to see him like this. Why had he turned into such a fool so quickly? It wasn't as if he had never met her before.

It wasn't until he got to the forge and realized that he had no motivation to work on the ring that he realized what was different. All the feelings he had felt for his lost love were gone, and in their place, all he could think about was Nevaeh's smiling face.

A surprising turn of events, I know, but Nevaeh's randomized theme song certainly puts a spin on things. I wouldn't recommend listening to it unless you want potential spoilers, but I've been waiting for the twins to grow up so I could start setting the foundations for this character arc. I hope Pinkerton allows me to see it through.
Pinkerton better let us see this relationship happen, Khepri deserves to be happy and not loose someone else
Pinkerton better let us see this relationship happen, Khepri deserves to be happy and not loose someone else
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 141 142