Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Rep
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 72 73
Entries up to here have been recorded
Entries up to here have been recorded
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IxpZQJy.png[/img] [item=Illuminated Emblem][item=Luminous Halo][item=Ethereal Flame Collar][item=Ethereal Flame Cloak] So I'd probably end up adding more to it because I rarely do anything simple, but I [i]looove[/i] the new halo! And though I love the new apparel piece too, it doesn't suit him or the male Coatl enough for me to want it on him, sadly. But the Ethereal Flame clothing is gorgeous, and very light-y imo![/center]
IxpZQJy.png
Illuminated Emblem Luminous Halo Ethereal Flame Collar Ethereal Flame Cloak

So I'd probably end up adding more to it because I rarely do anything simple, but I looove the new halo! And though I love the new apparel piece too, it doesn't suit him or the male Coatl enough for me to want it on him, sadly. But the Ethereal Flame clothing is gorgeous, and very light-y imo!
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/20bN6af.png[/img][/center] [item=Summer Swelter] [item=Orange Wooly Tail] [item=Black Aviator Scarf] [item=River Royalist Cuffs] [item=Inkwell Feathered Wings] I've gotta keep with this ghostly theme that I started with him, and I truly think that his outfit reflects it well! Particularly, if you wish to imagine that those cuffs are keeping him "sealed"...
20bN6af.png

Summer Swelter Orange Wooly Tail Black Aviator Scarf River Royalist Cuffs Inkwell Feathered Wings

I've gotta keep with this ghostly theme that I started with him, and I truly think that his outfit reflects it well! Particularly, if you wish to imagine that those cuffs are keeping him "sealed"...
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/424986185383804928/461405013789638658/Loom.png[/img] [item=Hewn Philosopher's Veil][item=Luminous Halo][item=Solar Flame Cloak][item=Light Tome][item=Ethereal Flame Cloak][/center] Running with my theme, I've decided to play into the researcher and craftsman angle with this Light rep. I already chose genes and a name to reflect a life spent studying in a library, and so it seemed only fitting to include the Light Tome for collected knowledge and the Hewn Philospher's Veil to deepen already refined thinking to the highest degree. The tome is hidden under the Solar Flame Cloak, to keep it safe as Loom travels from place to place, and to keep its sheer radiance from blinding the rest of dragonkind; the selection of the Solar Flame piece being to highlight the brightest light source next to the Lightweaver herself. The Ethereal Flame Cloak is layered underneath both the tome and the other cloak both in keeping with its name and to imply the presence of hidden knowledge that Loom guards while searching out more; it also works in tandem with the Luminous Halo to present the radiance of this dragon in a way that is at once gorgeous, intimidating, but still approachable by any fellow scholar wishing to seek the secrets he has collected.
Loom.png
Hewn Philosopher's Veil Luminous Halo Solar Flame Cloak Light Tome Ethereal Flame Cloak

Running with my theme, I've decided to play into the researcher and craftsman angle with this Light rep. I already chose genes and a name to reflect a life spent studying in a library, and so it seemed only fitting to include the Light Tome for collected knowledge and the Hewn Philospher's Veil to deepen already refined thinking to the highest degree.

The tome is hidden under the Solar Flame Cloak, to keep it safe as Loom travels from place to place, and to keep its sheer radiance from blinding the rest of dragonkind; the selection of the Solar Flame piece being to highlight the brightest light source next to the Lightweaver herself.

The Ethereal Flame Cloak is layered underneath both the tome and the other cloak both in keeping with its name and to imply the presence of hidden knowledge that Loom guards while searching out more; it also works in tandem with the Luminous Halo to present the radiance of this dragon in a way that is at once gorgeous, intimidating, but still approachable by any fellow scholar wishing to seek the secrets he has collected.
he/him
FR+1

lightningy link ->____________________________________________________________
lightning_lgbt_badge_attempt_4.gif
Oops I missed yesterday. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=11218,18599,9218,8601,8600&xt=dressing.png[/img] [Item=Solar Blades][Item=Luminous Legguards][Item=Gold Filigree Breastplate][Item=Gold Filigree Helmet][Item=Gold Filigree Gauntlets] Helios is the messenger of his clan, the solar blades are used to help him fly and the luminous legguards help to steady him on his flights like a rudder. The filigree armor is to protect as he travels sometimes through hostile lands. His only goal is to make sure everyone's messages and packages get to their love ones. He's the connection to the outside world for his clan.
Oops I missed yesterday.

dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=11218,18599,9218,8601,8600&xt=dressing.png
Solar Blades Luminous Legguards Gold Filigree Breastplate Gold Filigree Helmet Gold Filigree Gauntlets

Helios is the messenger of his clan, the solar blades are used to help him fly and the luminous legguards help to steady him on his flights like a rudder. The filigree armor is to protect as he travels sometimes through hostile lands. His only goal is to make sure everyone's messages and packages get to their love ones. He's the connection to the outside world for his clan.
40198.png IhwCFGI.gif26204.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ll052j8.png[/img] [item=green olive wreath][item=ethereal flame candles][item=brass cornet][item=peacebringer's mantle][item=off-white skypost sandals] I see him as having a bit of a herald or messenger role, or an announcer at events. The brass cornet most resembles the salpinx for which he's named, and the rest of the outfit continues the Ancient Greece kick. The sandals are a nod to Hermes from Greek mythology, the wreath and flames are a reference to the Olympic Games, and the mantle very loosely resembles some of the clothing of the period/region.
ll052j8.png
Green Olive Wreath Ethereal Flame Candles Brass Cornet Peacebringer's Mantle Off-White Skypost Sandals

I see him as having a bit of a herald or messenger role, or an announcer at events. The brass cornet most resembles the salpinx for which he's named, and the rest of the outfit continues the Ancient Greece kick. The sandals are a nod to Hermes from Greek mythology, the wreath and flames are a reference to the Olympic Games, and the mantle very loosely resembles some of the clothing of the period/region.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=3633,3685,3634,3632,3686&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=466161] Woo. So I read it said five after I added everything. I would add most of the golden silk set only because it would bring a sense of elegance and grace to Littleweaver. Not only that, but it's a charming set. It would also work great with his colors!
dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=3633,3685,3634,3632,3686&xt=dressing.png

Not Found

Woo. So I read it said five after I added everything. I would add most of the golden silk set only because it would bring a sense of elegance and grace to Littleweaver. Not only that, but it's a charming set. It would also work great with his colors!
@Saronai

Your scry is gorgeous, and that outfit looks awesome on him. His name is original, elvish names are always nice, and this one in particular seems like a perfect fit for that subspecies. I also really enjoyed reading your story today, and the way you coded your post looks great. ;D

I'm glad my posts inspired you today, and it makes me happy to know people enjoy them! :)
@Saronai

Your scry is gorgeous, and that outfit looks awesome on him. His name is original, elvish names are always nice, and this one in particular seems like a perfect fit for that subspecies. I also really enjoyed reading your story today, and the way you coded your post looks great. ;D

I'm glad my posts inspired you today, and it makes me happy to know people enjoy them! :)
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4o8jY3i.png[/img] [b]Rihedl[/b] [i]and his day-to-day garments in order of acquisition[/i][/center] [center][item=teardrop pearl pendant][/center] If one trait can immediately be detected upon meeting Rihedl, it would be his humility. He works for the good of others and is always willing to lend his claws to any task that his clan may need aid in accomplishing, and yet never wants to overshadow the talents of others. Due to this, it seems odd to many that he would wear something as frivolous as a [b]teardrop pearl pendant.[/b] The item, however, is worn as a reminder of his roots. When he left the clan of his birth to travel Sornieth, he was gifted the pendant as a parting gift. To this day, it has never left his neck. [center][item=honeyed woodbasket][/center] Rihedl found his calling in life when stumbling upon a heavily injured dragon in his travels. The dragon had been fighting a beastclan. While she had survived the fight, she could barely crawl another inch on her scarred legs, and would succumb to the wounds if they were left unattended. Fortunately, this dragon knew how to heal. When Rihedl crossed paths with her, she begged that Rihedl fetch her a variety of herbs that could be used to cure the infected injuries. When aiding the dragon, Rihedl found that he experienced a feeling he'd never felt before: a sense of [i]belonging.[/i] This was what he was meant to do: heal the sick, guide the lost, bring light to those in the darkness. He stayed with the herbalist until she recovered, learning her craft and weaving a [b]honeyed woodbasket[/b] to fill with crucial healing herbs that could be used in a multitude of situations. He makes sure to always keep it stocked in his travels. [center][item=illuminated emblem][/center] Rihedl, long ago, was an ordinary nocturne born to an ordinary clan. He learned to hunt for insects and scrounge for plants, collect treasure and hoard it in his den, and was taught to defend the borders of his clan's territory with his life. Upon his revelation of his calling, however, he was imbued with a fragment of the Lightweaver's power. This power transformed him, granting him a body in her image and a well of energy that concentrated in his eyes, boiling over and causing them to glow. Ever since that fateful day, a mark of the Lightweaver's good graces, the [b]illuminated emblem,[/b] has remained eternally above his horn. [center][item=deadeye's tail twist][/center] Decades after leaving his clan, Rihedl found himself in Earth flight territory. It wasn't his first time in the desert, but as fate would have it, it would be his last time entering its borders as a clanless dragon. He still wished to continue his journeys, but life as a wanderer was beginning to take its toll. He needed, more than anything, a safe place to spend a few months resting. That was when he stumbled upon a strange little clan. It was a clan that devoutly held to the explorative and free-willed nature of the Windsinger, yet had moved into Earth flight territory. In short, it was perfect. The clan readily invited him to stay in their dens and come and go as he pleased, the only condition being that he help out with a few tasks around the clan's desolate territory when he was around; fetching water or gathering food, for the most part. As a gift of his acceptance into the clan, the leader presented him with a [b]deadeye's tail twist,[/b] which ended up being invaluable to him. The quills in the tail doubled as writing utensils, serving him well when he eventually decided to record the wisdom that he had gained while traveling. [center][item=ethereal flame candles][/center] When at home in clan territory, Rihedl does his absolute best to help his fellow clanmates, and one of the ways that he found he could help them the most was with a set of [b]ethereal flame candles[/b] conjured with his magic. Because of the clan's incredibly warm territory, their entire clan has their living quarters situated in a cool cavern below ground. While this is great for regulating temperature, it's not so great on their eyes. Most of the clan members can see in the dark, but accomplishing tasks such as crafting tools or reading runic scrolls is difficult without light. Rihedl's light magic, upon being discovered by the clan at large, made him well-loved by many, but he couldn't be everywhere at once. His solution was to pour a tiny bit of his magic into creating eternally burning candles and leaving them with whoever needs one. While the magic disappears when he sleeps at night, the clan members find their presence during the day very comforting: a single candle made from his magic carries the comfort that being in his calm, kind presence does.
4o8jY3i.png

Rihedl
and his day-to-day garments in order of acquisition

Teardrop Pearl Pendant
If one trait can immediately be detected upon meeting Rihedl, it would be his humility. He works for the good of others and is always willing to lend his claws to any task that his clan may need aid in accomplishing, and yet never wants to overshadow the talents of others. Due to this, it seems odd to many that he would wear something as frivolous as a teardrop pearl pendant. The item, however, is worn as a reminder of his roots. When he left the clan of his birth to travel Sornieth, he was gifted the pendant as a parting gift. To this day, it has never left his neck.
Honeyed Woodbasket
Rihedl found his calling in life when stumbling upon a heavily injured dragon in his travels. The dragon had been fighting a beastclan. While she had survived the fight, she could barely crawl another inch on her scarred legs, and would succumb to the wounds if they were left unattended. Fortunately, this dragon knew how to heal. When Rihedl crossed paths with her, she begged that Rihedl fetch her a variety of herbs that could be used to cure the infected injuries. When aiding the dragon, Rihedl found that he experienced a feeling he'd never felt before: a sense of belonging. This was what he was meant to do: heal the sick, guide the lost, bring light to those in the darkness. He stayed with the herbalist until she recovered, learning her craft and weaving a honeyed woodbasket to fill with crucial healing herbs that could be used in a multitude of situations. He makes sure to always keep it stocked in his travels.
Illuminated Emblem
Rihedl, long ago, was an ordinary nocturne born to an ordinary clan. He learned to hunt for insects and scrounge for plants, collect treasure and hoard it in his den, and was taught to defend the borders of his clan's territory with his life. Upon his revelation of his calling, however, he was imbued with a fragment of the Lightweaver's power. This power transformed him, granting him a body in her image and a well of energy that concentrated in his eyes, boiling over and causing them to glow. Ever since that fateful day, a mark of the Lightweaver's good graces, the illuminated emblem, has remained eternally above his horn.
Deadeye's Tail Twist
Decades after leaving his clan, Rihedl found himself in Earth flight territory. It wasn't his first time in the desert, but as fate would have it, it would be his last time entering its borders as a clanless dragon. He still wished to continue his journeys, but life as a wanderer was beginning to take its toll. He needed, more than anything, a safe place to spend a few months resting. That was when he stumbled upon a strange little clan. It was a clan that devoutly held to the explorative and free-willed nature of the Windsinger, yet had moved into Earth flight territory. In short, it was perfect. The clan readily invited him to stay in their dens and come and go as he pleased, the only condition being that he help out with a few tasks around the clan's desolate territory when he was around; fetching water or gathering food, for the most part. As a gift of his acceptance into the clan, the leader presented him with a deadeye's tail twist, which ended up being invaluable to him. The quills in the tail doubled as writing utensils, serving him well when he eventually decided to record the wisdom that he had gained while traveling.
Ethereal Flame Candles
When at home in clan territory, Rihedl does his absolute best to help his fellow clanmates, and one of the ways that he found he could help them the most was with a set of ethereal flame candles conjured with his magic. Because of the clan's incredibly warm territory, their entire clan has their living quarters situated in a cool cavern below ground. While this is great for regulating temperature, it's not so great on their eyes. Most of the clan members can see in the dark, but accomplishing tasks such as crafting tools or reading runic scrolls is difficult without light. Rihedl's light magic, upon being discovered by the clan at large, made him well-loved by many, but he couldn't be everywhere at once. His solution was to pour a tiny bit of his magic into creating eternally burning candles and leaving them with whoever needs one. While the magic disappears when he sleeps at night, the clan members find their presence during the day very comforting: a single candle made from his magic carries the comfort that being in his calm, kind presence does.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
[color=#775849]Thank you everyone for all the wonderful apparel suggestions! It was also great seeing what other skills and quirks you have given our dragon to develop their personality and backstory! Familiars come in all shapes and sizes. Some are as small as a bird or insect, while others can be as large as a whale! Many dragons in Sornieth have taken to bonding closely with a single familiar. [quote=Challenge #4: Familiar] [color=#775849][b]Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship![/b] Please use the item code to display the icons in your post. [/quote] ----- [size=1]@queenmedusozoa, @CelestialPrime, @spyndle, @ObsidianMage, @korradorable, @Capricom, @Pufferheart, @Astrophile, @ErthisiaKay, @CharlieWeasleyy, @GrimdarkRoxy, @Ketzexi, @Vhou, @silverwolv, @ColoradoBlues, @SashaFiredrake, @Eialyne, @EverAthena, @Kapara, @RaiStarDragon, @TikindiDragon, @shanncrafter, @SookieJane, @CheeseChatot, @RaikuKawisa, @Selah, @Chardons, @smeen, @RecursionErr0r, @Cryoflyte, @Vita, @Evet, @Lagpie, @Skyeset, @LiNaan, @sleepyhat, @GeriVl, @CaityJay, @RainingAcid, @Xoanon, @JohnnieBoyo, @Lundlaeva, @Cheshly, @Sidegrinder, @ixonstalx, @Syceris, @Reroad, @Laxi, @Murakali, @Dragonartist24, @JinxMoonstone, @Chaosarceus, @jbapple, @Silvertabby13, @lovebite, @basicblack1986, @Arkanjel, @Kirrandria, @alyblaith, @Quintillion, @Persiflage, @birdfairy, @Siritys, @desiher, @mossyaki, @Igneriss, @sockmonkeygerald, @Gravebloom, @openlocks, @LightningShatter, @excessnight, @aelith, @Fosterson, @Foxyhobbit, @OnceInABlueMoon, @tigressRising, @MarinaQuakenbush, @threepigeons, @lilsnek, @BrookInTheMeadow, @Actaeon, @CyberneticWolf, @Azurenight, @Roenais, @chunkie, @LuminousNoble, @bellzan, @Lilydew, @Scyshe, @SunstonePhoenix, @pipascout22, @Alastriona1, @LadyEllesmere, @Scatterspark, @lilystar6, @counterfeat, @Nightmare222, @ReCremisi, @Peyp, @changelingstar, @ghostpastry, @heartcrusher1, @excessnight, @OverTheHorizon, @Snapdragoon, @Kazure, @Katsuokai, @AmongTheStars, @CheetahCat, @zedetta, @DraigTeg, @HedwigHufflepuff, @Saraceaser, @QueenSabriel, @velkyr[/size]
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful apparel suggestions! It was also great seeing what other skills and quirks you have given our dragon to develop their personality and backstory!

Familiars come in all shapes and sizes. Some are as small as a bird or insect, while others can be as large as a whale! Many dragons in Sornieth have taken to bonding closely with a single familiar.

Challenge #4: Familiar wrote:
Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship!

Please use the item code to display the icons in your post.

@queenmedusozoa, @CelestialPrime, @spyndle, @ObsidianMage, @korradorable, @Capricom, @Pufferheart, @Astrophile, @ErthisiaKay, @CharlieWeasleyy, @GrimdarkRoxy, @Ketzexi, @Vhou, @silverwolv, @ColoradoBlues, @SashaFiredrake, @Eialyne, @EverAthena, @Kapara, @RaiStarDragon, @TikindiDragon, @shanncrafter, @SookieJane, @CheeseChatot, @RaikuKawisa, @Selah, @Chardons, @smeen, @RecursionErr0r, @Cryoflyte, @Vita, @Evet, @Lagpie, @Skyeset, @LiNaan, @sleepyhat, @GeriVl, @CaityJay, @RainingAcid, @Xoanon, @JohnnieBoyo, @Lundlaeva, @Cheshly, @Sidegrinder, @ixonstalx, @Syceris, @Reroad, @Laxi, @Murakali, @Dragonartist24, @JinxMoonstone, @Chaosarceus, @jbapple, @Silvertabby13, @lovebite, @basicblack1986, @Arkanjel, @Kirrandria, @alyblaith, @Quintillion, @Persiflage, @birdfairy, @Siritys, @desiher, @mossyaki, @Igneriss, @sockmonkeygerald, @Gravebloom, @openlocks, @LightningShatter, @excessnight, @aelith, @Fosterson, @Foxyhobbit, @OnceInABlueMoon, @tigressRising, @MarinaQuakenbush, @threepigeons, @lilsnek, @BrookInTheMeadow, @Actaeon, @CyberneticWolf, @Azurenight, @Roenais, @chunkie, @LuminousNoble, @bellzan, @Lilydew, @Scyshe, @SunstonePhoenix, @pipascout22, @Alastriona1, @LadyEllesmere, @Scatterspark, @lilystar6, @counterfeat, @Nightmare222, @ReCremisi, @Peyp, @changelingstar, @ghostpastry, @heartcrusher1, @excessnight, @OverTheHorizon, @Snapdragoon, @Kazure, @Katsuokai, @AmongTheStars, @CheetahCat, @zedetta, @DraigTeg, @HedwigHufflepuff, @Saraceaser, @QueenSabriel, @velkyr
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 72 73