Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Tooth vs. Nail Coliseum Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Gonna go ahead and @Artorias myself here so I can find it again. I've got a long term legacy of war challenge in progress and a huge mass hatch coming up in just over a month for my five year siteversary, so space is a bit of an issue right now. But! This could certainly be an interesting challenge.
Gonna go ahead and @Artorias myself here so I can find it again. I've got a long term legacy of war challenge in progress and a huge mass hatch coming up in just over a month for my five year siteversary, so space is a bit of an issue right now. But! This could certainly be an interesting challenge.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
Oooh, I’d enjoy this! I’d love to do it, but don’t have ten open slots.
Oooh, I’d enjoy this! I’d love to do it, but don’t have ten open slots.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@Dreamnorn

Firstly, that was a terrible, wonderful nature pun, I'm so happy

I like that the team sizes can be pretty different (say, 6 and 10) and get the same amount of battles, with a big jump at certain numbers. I might bump up the number of battles per 5 dragons from 15 to... maybe 20? 25? But, yes, I'll always be staying unbiased!
@Dreamnorn

Firstly, that was a terrible, wonderful nature pun, I'm so happy

I like that the team sizes can be pretty different (say, 6 and 10) and get the same amount of battles, with a big jump at certain numbers. I might bump up the number of battles per 5 dragons from 15 to... maybe 20? 25? But, yes, I'll always be staying unbiased!
transcatcher.png
Red vs. Green

I. Initiative and Daily Bonus

Coin Flip: Tails again, Green goes first
½ LP Boost?: Nah

II. Active Faction: Green

Effects: None
False Allies: None

Guaranteed Dragon: Gerrick, Starting LP: 11.5
Number of Battles: 20 (I've bumped this up!)
Team: Gerrick, Gina, Gemstone
Starting Levels: Gemstone is level 1, Gerrick and Gina are level 3
Area: Training Fields

Notable Loot: FINALLY
Leafy Pack
this contained 100t and an Ivy. I rolled a 2, so Rebecca on the red team will be going hungry today!

Fled? Nope
Breaks? No
Fainted? No
Levelled up? Yeah, Gerrick and Gina to 4 and Gemstone to 3

III. Hoard Update: Green

Faction Finances: 100t
Tallies: -
Items: -

IV. Opposing Faction: Red

Guaranteed Dragon: Rodney, Starting LP: 11.5
Number of Battles: 20
Team: Rodney, Radiation, Rainwater
Starting Levels: Rodney is level 1, Radiation and Rainwater are level 3

Notable Loot: None

Fled? No
Breaks? No
Fainted? No
Levelled up? Yeah, Radiation and Rainwater to 4 and Rodney to 3

V. Hoard Update: Red

Faction Finances: 0t

VI. End of Day

Ration Penalties: Rebeca lost half an LP

Dragons in Red: Ruby (11.5), Rebecca (11), Rodney (11.5), Rainwater (11.5), Radiation (11.5)
Dragons in Green: Grass (11.5), Gerrick (11.5), Gemstone (11.5), Gatherer (11.5), Gina (11.5)

VII. Comments

Heyyyy, something finally happened! And on this, the third day, the factions aren't even anymore. Although they still have exactly the same level distribution, Green is now slightly in the lead due to the drop. Exciting stuff!
Red vs. Green

Coin Flip: Tails again, Green goes first

Guaranteed Dragon: Gerrick, Starting LP: 11.5
Number of Battles: 20 (I've bumped this up!)
Team: Gerrick, Gina, Gemstone
Starting Levels: Gemstone is level 1, Gerrick and Gina are level 3

Notable Loot: FINALLY
Leafy Pack
this contained 100t and an Ivy. I rolled a 2, so Rebecca on the red team will be going hungry today!

Fled? Nope
Breaks? No
Fainted? No
Levelled up? Yeah, Gerrick and Gina to 4 and Gemstone to 3

Guaranteed Dragon: Rodney, Starting LP: 11.5
Team: Rodney, Radiation, Rainwater
Starting Levels: Rodney is level 1, Radiation and Rainwater are level 3

Fled? No
Breaks? No
Fainted? No
Levelled up? Yeah, Radiation and Rainwater to 4 and Rodney to 3

VI. End of Day

Ration Penalties: Rebeca lost half an LP

Dragons in Red: Ruby (11.5), Rebecca (11), Rodney (11.5), Rainwater (11.5), Radiation (11.5)
Dragons in Green: Grass (11.5), Gerrick (11.5), Gemstone (11.5), Gatherer (11.5), Gina (11.5)

VII. Comments

Heyyyy, something finally happened! And on this, the third day, the factions aren't even anymore. Although they still have exactly the same level distribution, Green is now slightly in the lead due to the drop. Exciting stuff!
transcatcher.png
@Dreamnorn *Sees this challenge* Brain: "You have three challenges already. Do not start thi-" Me, spending three hours saving up for two lair expansions: "Lol what" But seriously though, I saw this and was like "Look at all those rules...I love it!" But then I realized I didn't have enough lair space and I already have three whole lore challenges running. But... I lair expansions are 5% cheaper this week... Well, here we are; I have two teams waiting eagerly to start this challenge as soon as they grow up! I think I might start a separate thread for this later, but here are my starting teams if you're interested: House Alstroemeria (Plague, Water, Light, Fire, Ice): [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417655/41765413_350.png[/img] Faramir [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417756/41775580_350.png[/img] Tsunami [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417476/41747520_350.png[/img] Rey [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418033/41803232_350.png[/img] Ashe [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417853/41785227_350.png[/img] and Glacius House Myosotis (Nature, Shadow, Wind, Earth, and Arcane): [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418313/41831250_350.png[/img] Leif [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417177/41717671_350.png[/img] Moonwatcher [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418186/41818503_350.png[/img] Reed [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417736/41773584_350.png[/img] Hermione [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418202/41820110_350.png[/img] and Cassius At least I'm going to do this challenge on the basis of "lore as I want it but not every day" so I don't have to worry too much about bumping other projects.
@Dreamnorn

*Sees this challenge* Brain: "You have three challenges already. Do not start thi-"

Me, spending three hours saving up for two lair expansions: "Lol what"

But seriously though, I saw this and was like "Look at all those rules...I love it!" But then I realized I didn't have enough lair space and I already have three whole lore challenges running. But... I lair expansions are 5% cheaper this week... Well, here we are; I have two teams waiting eagerly to start this challenge as soon as they grow up! I think I might start a separate thread for this later, but here are my starting teams if you're interested:

House Alstroemeria (Plague, Water, Light, Fire, Ice):
41765413_350.png
Faramir
41775580_350.png
Tsunami
41747520_350.png
Rey
41803232_350.png
Ashe
41785227_350.png
and Glacius

House Myosotis (Nature, Shadow, Wind, Earth, and Arcane):
41831250_350.png
Leif
41717671_350.png
Moonwatcher
41818503_350.png
Reed
41773584_350.png
Hermione
41820110_350.png
and Cassius

At least I'm going to do this challenge on the basis of "lore as I want it but not every day" so I don't have to worry too much about bumping other projects.
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@Gender A DROP! This is so exciting! Finally! You were having pretty bad luck with those xD
@Gender A DROP! This is so exciting! Finally! You were having pretty bad luck with those xD
lohf4Mo.png
@BoggyMcBogface The tally system is the same for familiars, yes! So when one faction gets 11 total familiars to drop, they receive a new member of an appropriate element. ^^

(Also, I just realized I never answered your question about adapting the challenge so that its personal "rollover" doesn't correspond with Flight Rising's. I know it's a moot point by now since you've started your challenge already, but I say sure! :D As long as whoever does so keeps the challenge "rollover" consistent, they're set!)

@Artorias Ooh, I'm glad you find the challenge interesting and would like to come back to it! Best of luck on your Legacy of War, by the way. :D Are you doing an All From Nothing variant, by any chance?

@SashaFiredrake Glad you like it! ^^ And lol, I understand the pain of limited lair space. If you decide to start a TvNCC if/when you get more space in your lair, please feel free to share!

@Gender Heheh, I couldn't resist planting a pun right there. ;D I'll stop, don't worry. Congrats on your first interesting drop, and on Green for taking the lead! I look forward to seeing how your challenge progresses now that you've ramped up the number of daily battles as well. :D

@TheAwesoMew Oh my goodness, I'm thrilled that you pounced on the Dom bonuses to get extra lair space to start this challenge! Your starting set of dragons are so cute, too. :D Feel free to ping me if you start a TvNCC thread of your own; I'd love to subscribe to it if you do!
@BoggyMcBogface The tally system is the same for familiars, yes! So when one faction gets 11 total familiars to drop, they receive a new member of an appropriate element. ^^

(Also, I just realized I never answered your question about adapting the challenge so that its personal "rollover" doesn't correspond with Flight Rising's. I know it's a moot point by now since you've started your challenge already, but I say sure! :D As long as whoever does so keeps the challenge "rollover" consistent, they're set!)

@Artorias Ooh, I'm glad you find the challenge interesting and would like to come back to it! Best of luck on your Legacy of War, by the way. :D Are you doing an All From Nothing variant, by any chance?

@SashaFiredrake Glad you like it! ^^ And lol, I understand the pain of limited lair space. If you decide to start a TvNCC if/when you get more space in your lair, please feel free to share!

@Gender Heheh, I couldn't resist planting a pun right there. ;D I'll stop, don't worry. Congrats on your first interesting drop, and on Green for taking the lead! I look forward to seeing how your challenge progresses now that you've ramped up the number of daily battles as well. :D

@TheAwesoMew Oh my goodness, I'm thrilled that you pounced on the Dom bonuses to get extra lair space to start this challenge! Your starting set of dragons are so cute, too. :D Feel free to ping me if you start a TvNCC thread of your own; I'd love to subscribe to it if you do!
@Dreamnorn - I exalted a bunch of dragons yesterday and freed up some space, so I went ahead and started buying dragons for this, lol! I just can't resist lore and coli challenges. I'll probably start this once I've got some basic lore down and the hatchlings have grown up.

Thanks! And I am indeed. 7 of them actually :') It's a very long term challenge.
@Dreamnorn - I exalted a bunch of dragons yesterday and freed up some space, so I went ahead and started buying dragons for this, lol! I just can't resist lore and coli challenges. I'll probably start this once I've got some basic lore down and the hatchlings have grown up.

Thanks! And I am indeed. 7 of them actually :') It's a very long term challenge.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@BoggyMcBogface @Dreamnorm

I am back with a brand spanking new thread for my challenge =) I am still waiting for some of my challengers to grow up but I am taking this time in the interim to pretty up my pages and set up the background information. I have all the posts saved that I need so if either of you (Or anyone else interested that sees this) want to either mark it, subscribe to it or ask to be put on a pinglist let me know!

Clicky:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2440920
@BoggyMcBogface @Dreamnorm

I am back with a brand spanking new thread for my challenge =) I am still waiting for some of my challengers to grow up but I am taking this time in the interim to pretty up my pages and set up the background information. I have all the posts saved that I need so if either of you (Or anyone else interested that sees this) want to either mark it, subscribe to it or ask to be put on a pinglist let me know!

Clicky:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2440920
VoAq4Uk.gifhwvlqsO.gifaRJrSyA.gif
[i]Red vs. Green[/i] [b]I. Initiative and Daily Bonus[/b] Coin Flip: Tails again, Green's first ½ LP Boost?: Nah [b]II. Active Faction: Green[/b] Effects: None False Allies: None Guaranteed Dragon: Gina, Starting LP: 11.5 Number of Battles: 20 Team: Gina, Gemstone, Grass Starting Levels: Gemstone is level 3, Grass and Gina are level 4 Area: Oh, dang, I can't actually remember how venues are selected and now it might not necessarily be the Training Fields? Let's check... " a venue deemed "fair" with the levels of each party member considered" and one that must give exp. Hmmm... I'll go with the average of the party's levels for now (about 4) if only because the Woodland Path will give more exp. Notable Loot: [item=clown charger][item=diseased might fragment][item=bamboo phytocat] HEYYY NICE... Let's see what this stuff does. Tallies! Alright! Fled? No Breaks? YEAH, LOTS (their health kept getting [i]super low[/i] [LIST] [*]After the 1st battle. I forgot how much of a big difficulty step this venue is lol [*]After the 5th battle. OH BOY THOSE TURKEY THINGS ARE DANGEROUS that was [i]close[/i]. At least I can give Gemstone her level 4 stats now [*]And after the 6th [*]after the 11th [*]after the 18th [/LIST] Fainted? No Levelled up? Yeah! All of them to level 5 (Gemstone only just on the last battle!) [b] III. Hoard Update: Green[/b] Faction Finances: 100t Tallies:[indent] Familiars: || (2/11) Plague Contamination: | (1/11)[/indent] Items: Uhhh.... they can't use the battlestone they got. Can I sell it? Hmm. I'll ask Dreamnorn in the comments section. I'll keep it for now. [item=diseased might fragment] [b]IV. Opposing Faction: Red[/b] Effects: None False Allies: None Guaranteed Dragon: Rodney again, Starting LP: 11.5 Number of Battles: 20 Team: Rodney, Radiation, Ruby Starting Levels: Rodney is level 3, Radiation and Ruby are level 4 Area: Woodland Path Notable Loot: None Events (let's try this new layout...): [LIST] [*]1st battle- [u]Ruby fainted[/u], she's lost 1 LP and has been sent away to rest. Replaced her with Rainwater (starting level 4) [*]3rd battle- Rodney levelled up to 4. Took a break after because all three of them had less than 100 health. Updated Rodney's stats, hopefully he'll be quick enough to actually help now. WAIT. HE STILL HAD HIS LEVEL 1 STATS OH MY GOD NO WONDER HE WAS DOING NOTHING. OKAY. Geez the other 2 didn't have the right stats either? WELL IT'LL BE EASIER NOW I GUESS. [*]7th battle- took a break after, Radiation got below 100 [*]12th battle- [u]Radiation fainted[/u]. This was my fault because his health was low enough to have taken a break for a few battles before this but I wanted to push forwards to keep that %EXP bonus streak... He loses one LP and is replaced by... well, it has to be Rebecca. I have to be more careful and stop chasing those level ups quite so much! He was so close to 5 though,,, Next time. Next time. Let me just check that Rebecca has the right stats. Yep. Okay! Moving on [*]14th battle- Rainwater levelled up to 5. Also, OH GOOD FREAKING LORD NEVER LET ME LOSE BOTH THE SCRATCH USERS OF THIS TEAM AGAIN. 2 Anticipate users and a Mediate user are making this THE SLOWEST COLI TEAM TO EVER COLI [*]Fled- 2 clown chargers??? with this team???? It did not go well! What happens when I flee... uhhh... LP penalty, okay. I think my extra rules mean I don't roll a die? Let's see... oh! No, I don't! Okay, Let's roll! I got a 1, a 1, and a 5, so the third dragon, [u]Rainwater, loses 0.5 LP[/u] [*]18th battle- glitched out so """""took a break"""" after the 17th one :/ [*]18th battle take 2- took a break for real after, Rodney was abt to faint. [*]19th battle- Rodney levelled up to 5 [/LIST] V. Hoard Update: Red Faction Finances: 0t Tallies: - Items: - VI. End of Day Ration Penalties: None Dragons in Red: Ruby (10.5), Rebecca (11), Rodney (11.5), Rainwater (11), Radiation (10.5) Dragons in Green: Grass (11.5), Gerrick (11.5), Gemstone (11.5), Gatherer (11.5), Gina (11.5) VII. Comments Damn, red team not doing so hot (also this post is a mess because I have to run sorry y'all)
Red vs. Green

Coin Flip: Tails again, Green's first

Guaranteed Dragon: Gina, Starting LP: 11.5
Team: Gina, Gemstone, Grass
Starting Levels: Gemstone is level 3, Grass and Gina are level 4
Area:
Oh, dang, I can't actually remember how venues are selected and now it might not necessarily be the Training Fields? Let's check... " a venue deemed "fair" with the levels of each party member considered" and one that must give exp. Hmmm... I'll go with the average of the party's levels for now (about 4) if only because the Woodland Path will give more exp.

Notable Loot:
Clown Charger Diseased Might Fragment Bamboo Phytocat HEYYY NICE... Let's see what this stuff does. Tallies! Alright!

Fled? No
Breaks? YEAH, LOTS (their health kept getting super low
  • After the 1st battle. I forgot how much of a big difficulty step this venue is lol
  • After the 5th battle. OH BOY THOSE TURKEY THINGS ARE DANGEROUS that was close. At least I can give Gemstone her level 4 stats now
  • And after the 6th
  • after the 11th
  • after the 18th
Fainted? No
Levelled up? Yeah! All of them to level 5 (Gemstone only just on the last battle!)

Tallies:
Familiars: || (2/11)
Plague Contamination: | (1/11)
Items: Uhhh.... they can't use the battlestone they got. Can I sell it? Hmm. I'll ask Dreamnorn in the comments section. I'll keep it for now.
Diseased Might Fragment

Guaranteed Dragon: Rodney again, Starting LP: 11.5
Team: Rodney, Radiation, Ruby
Starting Levels: Rodney is level 3, Radiation and Ruby are level 4
Area: Woodland Path

Events (let's try this new layout...):
  • 1st battle- Ruby fainted, she's lost 1 LP and has been sent away to rest. Replaced her with Rainwater (starting level 4)
  • 3rd battle- Rodney levelled up to 4. Took a break after because all three of them had less than 100 health. Updated Rodney's stats, hopefully he'll be quick enough to actually help now. WAIT. HE STILL HAD HIS LEVEL 1 STATS OH MY GOD NO WONDER HE WAS DOING NOTHING. OKAY. Geez the other 2 didn't have the right stats either? WELL IT'LL BE EASIER NOW I GUESS.
  • 7th battle- took a break after, Radiation got below 100
  • 12th battle- Radiation fainted. This was my fault because his health was low enough to have taken a break for a few battles before this but I wanted to push forwards to keep that %EXP bonus streak... He loses one LP and is replaced by... well, it has to be Rebecca. I have to be more careful and stop chasing those level ups quite so much! He was so close to 5 though,,, Next time. Next time. Let me just check that Rebecca has the right stats. Yep. Okay! Moving on
  • 14th battle- Rainwater levelled up to 5. Also, OH GOOD FREAKING LORD NEVER LET ME LOSE BOTH THE SCRATCH USERS OF THIS TEAM AGAIN. 2 Anticipate users and a Mediate user are making this THE SLOWEST COLI TEAM TO EVER COLI
  • Fled- 2 clown chargers??? with this team???? It did not go well! What happens when I flee... uhhh... LP penalty, okay. I think my extra rules mean I don't roll a die? Let's see... oh! No, I don't! Okay, Let's roll! I got a 1, a 1, and a 5, so the third dragon, Rainwater, loses 0.5 LP
  • 18th battle- glitched out so """""took a break"""" after the 17th one :/
  • 18th battle take 2- took a break for real after, Rodney was abt to faint.
  • 19th battle- Rodney levelled up to 5

VI. End of Day

Ration Penalties: None

Dragons in Red: Ruby (10.5), Rebecca (11), Rodney (11.5), Rainwater (11), Radiation (10.5)

VII. Comments

Damn, red team not doing so hot (also this post is a mess because I have to run sorry y'all)
transcatcher.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16