Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Tooth vs. Nail Coliseum Challenge
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16

Sorry for the pings, but since the anniversary has brought the possibility of random eye mutations into the game, I figured I'd make sure optional rules regarding these are crystal clear! You can add these rules at any time during your challenge, or proceed in such a way that a dragon's eyes are purely cosmetic. It's all up to you! :D

General Concepts:

Eyes that have natural tints or those that are unnatural types do not effect dragons in any special way. When bought or bred, they are treated like any other challenge dragon.

Eyes that are rare mutations do effect dragons by granting them a special "asset" to aid them. However, these eyes are quite rare to acquire and should be balanced in such a way to not be challenge-breaking in a faction's favor. If you have concerns about any of these, though, feel free to bring them up with me! I want to make sure these optional rules are fun but fair. c:

Eyes and Dragon Acquisition:

When buying your starter dragons (including starting sets of wandering dragons if playing with the Neutral Entities optional rule), you must filter for eyes that have natural tints and thus no special advantages. This is to keep things fair for current challenge players and for those who plan to start future TvNs.

When purchasing additional dragons at any point during the challenge, set this random number generator to have a maximum of 20 or use a d20 if you have one. Randomize or roll for each dragon you buy.

• On a result of 1-19, filter for eyes that have natural tints.

• On a result of 20, flip two different coins, and pick one to be the "first" versus the "second" one. On a result of two heads, the dragon must have Faceted eyes. On a result of the first being heads and the second being tails, the dragon must have Goat eyes. On a result of the first being tails and the second being heads, the dragon must have Multigaze eyes. On a result of two tails, the dragon must have Primal eyes.

• Since these dragons are likely to be expensive for a while, you may opt to buy the cheapest one in an appropriate element for now even if playing with Maximum Diversity optional rules. If they eventually become more common and affordable on the Auction House, you can proceed with a more random or deliberate method of selection that still takes these mutated eyes into account.

When breeding dragons as the result of an apparel drop, they have whatever eyes the RNG assigned them at birth.

Eye Effects:

Dragons with Faceted eyes are bolstered by courage. They refuse to give up if they can help it. Every time a teammate is eliminated or leaves their home faction to join the opposing faction, such dragons receive a boost of 1½ life points in their determination. They want to support everyone who remains in their faction to a victorious end! Additionally, they no longer lose life points by fleeing (as they view it as helping get their teammates to safety) and must flip a coin when fainting in the Coliseum. On a result of heads, they lose the usual 1 life point; on a result of tails, they only lose ½ of a life point.

• If playing with the Neutral Entities optional rule, wandering dragons that have Faceted eyes will not gain life points if one of their fellow wanderers joins a faction.

Dragons with Goat eyes are bolstered by wisdom. Their keen perception helps them avoid bad luck, so they have a reduced chance to fall under elemental stone effects if they are randomized to be impacted. On a coin toss result of heads, pick the next dragon on the list to be affected instead; on a result of tails, the dragon suffers the effects as usual. Additionally, if a non-elemental-stone drop will reduce life points for such a dragon, flip a coin. On a result of heads, they suffer half of the life point penalty (rounded up to the nearest ½); on a result of tails, they suffer the life point penalty as usual.

• There is no point in rolling for such effects that only reduce their life points by ½ of a life point; they would lose that ½ of a life point regardless.

Dragons with Multigaze eyes are bolstered by the unknown. It is said that they can pierce through spacetime with a glance, and they have a will to be wherever they feel they're most needed. They do not feel bound by arbitrary notions of being in a venue "appropriate to their party's level." As such, whenever a Multigaze dragon is in the Coliseum party, the player can pick any venue they want to level in as long as it still grants experience points. Additionally, for as long as the Multigaze dragon is alive and active, they have a low chance of stealing Tides of War drops from the opposing faction!

• If the opposing faction gets a Tides of War drop, then roll 1d20. On a result of 1-19, nothing happens. On a result of 20, the Multigaze dragon warps and takes it before the opposing faction can use it! This adds the item and its tallied effects to the active faction's hoard and tallies.

Dragons with Primal eyes are bolstered by power. Their raw elemental energy makes them natural fighters, so the faction will never need to pay for their training; as such, all battle stone purchases for these dragons will not impact their faction's finances! However, their excess power comes in fits and bursts and can be draining. Every day they battle in the Coliseum, roll a die: on a result of 1, they lose ½ of a life point; on a result of 2-5, nothing happens; on a result of 6, they gain ½ of a life point.

• If playing with the Unlimited Resources optional rule, instead of never needing the faction to pay for their training, they must instead be trained outside of the challenge to be the average level of the adult dragons in the faction, rounded down to the nearest whole level, before officially "joining." During this training period, they cannot be impacted by challenge events or effects; however, they must "join" as soon as possible after being trained.

Sorry for the pings, but since the anniversary has brought the possibility of random eye mutations into the game, I figured I'd make sure optional rules regarding these are crystal clear! You can add these rules at any time during your challenge, or proceed in such a way that a dragon's eyes are purely cosmetic. It's all up to you! :D

General Concepts:

Eyes that have natural tints or those that are unnatural types do not effect dragons in any special way. When bought or bred, they are treated like any other challenge dragon.

Eyes that are rare mutations do effect dragons by granting them a special "asset" to aid them. However, these eyes are quite rare to acquire and should be balanced in such a way to not be challenge-breaking in a faction's favor. If you have concerns about any of these, though, feel free to bring them up with me! I want to make sure these optional rules are fun but fair. c:

Eyes and Dragon Acquisition:

When buying your starter dragons (including starting sets of wandering dragons if playing with the Neutral Entities optional rule), you must filter for eyes that have natural tints and thus no special advantages. This is to keep things fair for current challenge players and for those who plan to start future TvNs.

When purchasing additional dragons at any point during the challenge, set this random number generator to have a maximum of 20 or use a d20 if you have one. Randomize or roll for each dragon you buy.

• On a result of 1-19, filter for eyes that have natural tints.

• On a result of 20, flip two different coins, and pick one to be the "first" versus the "second" one. On a result of two heads, the dragon must have Faceted eyes. On a result of the first being heads and the second being tails, the dragon must have Goat eyes. On a result of the first being tails and the second being heads, the dragon must have Multigaze eyes. On a result of two tails, the dragon must have Primal eyes.

• Since these dragons are likely to be expensive for a while, you may opt to buy the cheapest one in an appropriate element for now even if playing with Maximum Diversity optional rules. If they eventually become more common and affordable on the Auction House, you can proceed with a more random or deliberate method of selection that still takes these mutated eyes into account.

When breeding dragons as the result of an apparel drop, they have whatever eyes the RNG assigned them at birth.

Eye Effects:

Dragons with Faceted eyes are bolstered by courage. They refuse to give up if they can help it. Every time a teammate is eliminated or leaves their home faction to join the opposing faction, such dragons receive a boost of 1½ life points in their determination. They want to support everyone who remains in their faction to a victorious end! Additionally, they no longer lose life points by fleeing (as they view it as helping get their teammates to safety) and must flip a coin when fainting in the Coliseum. On a result of heads, they lose the usual 1 life point; on a result of tails, they only lose ½ of a life point.

• If playing with the Neutral Entities optional rule, wandering dragons that have Faceted eyes will not gain life points if one of their fellow wanderers joins a faction.

Dragons with Goat eyes are bolstered by wisdom. Their keen perception helps them avoid bad luck, so they have a reduced chance to fall under elemental stone effects if they are randomized to be impacted. On a coin toss result of heads, pick the next dragon on the list to be affected instead; on a result of tails, the dragon suffers the effects as usual. Additionally, if a non-elemental-stone drop will reduce life points for such a dragon, flip a coin. On a result of heads, they suffer half of the life point penalty (rounded up to the nearest ½); on a result of tails, they suffer the life point penalty as usual.

• There is no point in rolling for such effects that only reduce their life points by ½ of a life point; they would lose that ½ of a life point regardless.

Dragons with Multigaze eyes are bolstered by the unknown. It is said that they can pierce through spacetime with a glance, and they have a will to be wherever they feel they're most needed. They do not feel bound by arbitrary notions of being in a venue "appropriate to their party's level." As such, whenever a Multigaze dragon is in the Coliseum party, the player can pick any venue they want to level in as long as it still grants experience points. Additionally, for as long as the Multigaze dragon is alive and active, they have a low chance of stealing Tides of War drops from the opposing faction!

• If the opposing faction gets a Tides of War drop, then roll 1d20. On a result of 1-19, nothing happens. On a result of 20, the Multigaze dragon warps and takes it before the opposing faction can use it! This adds the item and its tallied effects to the active faction's hoard and tallies.

Dragons with Primal eyes are bolstered by power. Their raw elemental energy makes them natural fighters, so the faction will never need to pay for their training; as such, all battle stone purchases for these dragons will not impact their faction's finances! However, their excess power comes in fits and bursts and can be draining. Every day they battle in the Coliseum, roll a die: on a result of 1, they lose ½ of a life point; on a result of 2-5, nothing happens; on a result of 6, they gain ½ of a life point.

• If playing with the Unlimited Resources optional rule, instead of never needing the faction to pay for their training, they must instead be trained outside of the challenge to be the average level of the adult dragons in the faction, rounded down to the nearest whole level, before officially "joining." During this training period, they cannot be impacted by challenge events or effects; however, they must "join" as soon as possible after being trained.
Ooof! Man you think these things up quick! :D

I think having an active head really makes challange threads interesting :3

Oh! Also @Dreamnorn (sorry if its really late for you cx )

But can we add things to the challange? Like personal modifiers cx i was thinking sense i have defined leaders that are typically beloved by their peeps (King Arthur, Merlin ) that if they die there might be some sort of penalty similar to moral loss cx until a new leader is chosen or something. I just had the idea lol
Ooof! Man you think these things up quick! :D

I think having an active head really makes challange threads interesting :3

Oh! Also @Dreamnorn (sorry if its really late for you cx )

But can we add things to the challange? Like personal modifiers cx i was thinking sense i have defined leaders that are typically beloved by their peeps (King Arthur, Merlin ) that if they die there might be some sort of penalty similar to moral loss cx until a new leader is chosen or something. I just had the idea lol
Heyo!!

Im an old bean getting back into the swing of things c: getting things set is taking a minute.
@Dreamnorn

Wow, love these new rules! I can't believe how fast you manage to put them up! :D
@Dreamnorn

Wow, love these new rules! I can't believe how fast you manage to put them up! :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@TheLostSolo @TheAwesoMew

I'm glad you guys approve! :D Thank you!

And @/TheLostSolo -- you can make as many unique challenge or setup rules for your TvNCC as you wish! :D This challenge and this challenge each have a really cool one to work with their respective premises. ^^ I say go for it!

I hope you don't mind, but I was brainstorming that moral penalty a little bit! Perhaps demoralized factions could lose battle turns? :V Like they only fight a fraction of their required battles (rounded up to the nearest whole number so they don't fall as far behind) for a certain period of time until a new leader is elected (perhaps until challenge rollover has passed)? You don't have to do it this way by any means, but this is what came to my mind when I read that! ^^ Either way, best of luck coming up with a perfect personal modifier for your challenge!

(Oh and... sorry for the late reply. It was super late for me last night. :'D I crashed right after finishing the Eye Adjustments post lmao.)
@TheLostSolo @TheAwesoMew

I'm glad you guys approve! :D Thank you!

And @/TheLostSolo -- you can make as many unique challenge or setup rules for your TvNCC as you wish! :D This challenge and this challenge each have a really cool one to work with their respective premises. ^^ I say go for it!

I hope you don't mind, but I was brainstorming that moral penalty a little bit! Perhaps demoralized factions could lose battle turns? :V Like they only fight a fraction of their required battles (rounded up to the nearest whole number so they don't fall as far behind) for a certain period of time until a new leader is elected (perhaps until challenge rollover has passed)? You don't have to do it this way by any means, but this is what came to my mind when I read that! ^^ Either way, best of luck coming up with a perfect personal modifier for your challenge!

(Oh and... sorry for the late reply. It was super late for me last night. :'D I crashed right after finishing the Eye Adjustments post lmao.)
@Dreamnorn

Oooo i like that idea!

My line of thought before i also crashed was have a percetile (probs 50/50) of losing any interesting drops a demoralized faction gets xD

I mean like. If a group loses their leader typically they go and start more battles in revenge for their loss lol

Oohh maybe they get a few extra battle turns but have a chance to lose each drop in their rage lol cx
@Dreamnorn

Oooo i like that idea!

My line of thought before i also crashed was have a percetile (probs 50/50) of losing any interesting drops a demoralized faction gets xD

I mean like. If a group loses their leader typically they go and start more battles in revenge for their loss lol

Oohh maybe they get a few extra battle turns but have a chance to lose each drop in their rage lol cx
Heyo!!

Im an old bean getting back into the swing of things c: getting things set is taking a minute.
@TheLostSolo Cool. ^^ And lol, I wasn't thinking about my concept like that. I was thinking that they would have a mourning period and during that time they just aren't going forth with as much vigor. XD Still, that's a neat interpretation, and I really like the idea that maybe they get some extra battles (perhaps 15 to 20 per row occupied?) but have a chance to lose special drops! :D

@TheLostSolo Cool. ^^ And lol, I wasn't thinking about my concept like that. I was thinking that they would have a mourning period and during that time they just aren't going forth with as much vigor. XD Still, that's a neat interpretation, and I really like the idea that maybe they get some extra battles (perhaps 15 to 20 per row occupied?) but have a chance to lose special drops! :D

@Dreamnorn - Question about Regeneration stones. One of my teams had one drop. Does the 1/2 LP begin to be added to the dragon receiving it the day the stone drops or does it begin the next day?
@Dreamnorn - Question about Regeneration stones. One of my teams had one drop. Does the 1/2 LP begin to be added to the dragon receiving it the day the stone drops or does it begin the next day?
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
@Dreamnorn

finally have my thread up <3

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2454579

ooof. i also have a question. i've scanned through the front page a couple times but really haven't seen the answer. What happens to normal food/trinkets/materials dropped from monsters? do they just not count or?
@Dreamnorn

finally have my thread up <3

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2454579

ooof. i also have a question. i've scanned through the front page a couple times but really haven't seen the answer. What happens to normal food/trinkets/materials dropped from monsters? do they just not count or?
Heyo!!

@HSoup I'm so sorry for the late reply! D: Yes, the effect does start on the same day.

@TheLostSolo Nice! :D I subbed to it and took a look; I love the unique rules you've made for your challenge! And your dragons look amazing now that they're grown and dressed. Best of luck!

EDIT: No, normal foods and trinkets don't count for anything in the basic rules. If you want to alter that in any way for your own challenge (like have materials be worth a certain amount of treasure, etc.), though, that's entirely up to you! ^^
@HSoup I'm so sorry for the late reply! D: Yes, the effect does start on the same day.

@TheLostSolo Nice! :D I subbed to it and took a look; I love the unique rules you've made for your challenge! And your dragons look amazing now that they're grown and dressed. Best of luck!

EDIT: No, normal foods and trinkets don't count for anything in the basic rules. If you want to alter that in any way for your own challenge (like have materials be worth a certain amount of treasure, etc.), though, that's entirely up to you! ^^
@Dreamnorn

Thank you for answering my question! I might do something with then so that i have something for each battle to put down. Im thinking maybe making them sellable or make it hella complex by them needing a certain amount of food, like how on fr our dragons need food to do stuff. Or have it to where they can seel em to help finances (probably reduced hoardsell though so that it doesn't tip the game into super easy.)

lol im glad you like my extra options! :3 i used the midnight where im at for my roll over because at the end if the week if i gotta change stuff i don't wanna be up until past 1:30am lol I figured all my ideas for the one thing was way too complex so i split it into three (The Rage bonus, the Moral penelty, and the delay in the leader's coronation cx)
@Dreamnorn

Thank you for answering my question! I might do something with then so that i have something for each battle to put down. Im thinking maybe making them sellable or make it hella complex by them needing a certain amount of food, like how on fr our dragons need food to do stuff. Or have it to where they can seel em to help finances (probably reduced hoardsell though so that it doesn't tip the game into super easy.)

lol im glad you like my extra options! :3 i used the midnight where im at for my roll over because at the end if the week if i gotta change stuff i don't wanna be up until past 1:30am lol I figured all my ideas for the one thing was way too complex so i split it into three (The Rage bonus, the Moral penelty, and the delay in the leader's coronation cx)
Heyo!!

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16