Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Design Your Own Wind Rep!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45 46
@Hippalectryon, @Hoefler, @icepools, @caleaf, @Celesol, @deadpan, @MissGoldenPixel, @Sekope, @MurkyDepths, @shoydragon, @Gender, @Basilius, @XrayAngel, @Lisegathe, @smeen, @queenmedusozoa, @CuriousLoli, @Phooka, @KAnn, @Addmon, @Pandacow, @AthenaCorvus, @Reality, @Mycologist, @L1BR4, @TwilightDreams, @BakaUsagi, @Amyatzu, @DarkNative, @Hinumi, @sockmonkeygerald, @Azeira, @disconcerto, @xxace, @Impleiadic, @Dee, @FantasticalMods, @Katsuokai, @Kassiel, @MythicalBurrito, @QuetzalQueen, @WingsOfLight, @Saraceaser, @sgkat, @antivehicular, @dawnsong ----- Hello everyone and welcome to [b]Design Your Own Wind Rep[/b]! This dragon has a very strong connection to the Wind element, and has the pretty colours of a Cloudsong kite: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24275682] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242757/24275682_350.png[/img][/url][/center] However, they still have all basic genes and would appreciate a new look for when they join their new clan! [quote=Challenge #1: Scry] [b]Scry the ideal breed/genes you would like the dragon to be, and tell us why you chose those genes![/b] (Because this directly affects the grand prize at the end, please refrain from scrying Imperials unless you are not going for the grand prize.)[/quote]
@Hippalectryon, @Hoefler, @icepools, @caleaf, @Celesol, @deadpan, @MissGoldenPixel, @Sekope, @MurkyDepths, @shoydragon, @Gender, @Basilius, @XrayAngel, @Lisegathe, @smeen, @queenmedusozoa, @CuriousLoli, @Phooka, @KAnn, @Addmon, @Pandacow, @AthenaCorvus, @Reality, @Mycologist, @L1BR4, @TwilightDreams, @BakaUsagi, @Amyatzu, @DarkNative, @Hinumi, @sockmonkeygerald, @Azeira, @disconcerto, @xxace, @Impleiadic, @Dee, @FantasticalMods, @Katsuokai, @Kassiel, @MythicalBurrito, @QuetzalQueen, @WingsOfLight, @Saraceaser, @sgkat, @antivehicular, @dawnsong

Hello everyone and welcome to Design Your Own Wind Rep! This dragon has a very strong connection to the Wind element, and has the pretty colours of a Cloudsong kite:

However, they still have all basic genes and would appreciate a new look for when they join their new clan!

Challenge #1: Scry wrote:
Scry the ideal breed/genes you would like the dragon to be, and tell us why you chose those genes! (Because this directly affects the grand prize at the end, please refrain from scrying Imperials unless you are not going for the grand prize.)
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=12&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=12&winggene=4&wings=144&auth=5a529491e3b6039e158e971dd89e7b70151d9c87&dummyext=prev.png[/img] "My Home is the Cloudsong Kites" She has the kite colours! Giraffe because it gets so pretty light markings and freckle because it is spring and the trees are shooting. She looks like she is an alley with trees on each side that sprout in the sunlight. Her tertiary, stained, is the sunshine that toutches all. (That would be the ideal spring. In real life it's just cold right now. The sun has little warmth yet, but look nice. )
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=12&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=12&winggene=4&wings=144&auth=5a529491e3b6039e158e971dd89e7b70151d9c87&dummyext=prev.png

"My Home is the Cloudsong Kites"

She has the kite colours! Giraffe because it gets so pretty light markings and freckle because it is spring and the trees are shooting. She looks like she is an alley with trees on each side that sprout in the sunlight. Her tertiary, stained, is the sunshine that toutches all.

(That would be the ideal spring. In real life it's just cold right now. The sun has little warmth yet, but look nice. )
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
@Cutiepaws ?
@Cutiepaws ?
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=144&auth=570461aad17636a33df7069f3e6a450eeac94317&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Coatls are very feathery dragons, and remind me of the Wind Flight. I chose Cherub because it reminds me of feathers as well! Alloy kind of looks like an overcast sky, and lace looks similar to the Windsinger's underbelly. The lace over the Alloy also matches the eyes :)
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=144&auth=570461aad17636a33df7069f3e6a450eeac94317&dummyext=prev.png
Coatls are very feathery dragons, and remind me of the Wind Flight. I chose Cherub because it reminds me of feathers as well! Alloy kind of looks like an overcast sky, and lace looks similar to the Windsinger's underbelly. The lace over the Alloy also matches the eyes :)
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=7&breed=5&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=144&auth=f696e3fbfafe5a1e768c0faa1004f5bf395efb40&dummyext=prev.png

Hello! Here is my design. I chose a ridgeback to put her new beautiful wings on display. I loved the way crystal and lace melted together on her body, and how the bright yellow popped against the calm green, like autumn leaves in a gentle, warm breeze. Hope you like her!

@Amariel

dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=7&breed=5&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=144&auth=f696e3fbfafe5a1e768c0faa1004f5bf395efb40&dummyext=prev.png

Hello! Here is my design. I chose a ridgeback to put her new beautiful wings on display. I loved the way crystal and lace melted together on her body, and how the bright yellow popped against the calm green, like autumn leaves in a gentle, warm breeze. Hope you like her!

@Amariel

[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=6&winggene=11&wings=144&auth=b46c04d5a1a878e23ac412f6da4f628494442ccd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Here are my reasons for each gene!: Iridescent - I love how saffron iridescent pulls in some pink-grapefruit-looking color and some green, it really shows almost all of the colors associated with our flight. Peregrine - The somewhat feathery look of peregrine hearkens back to our festival apparel like the windbound mask and the windbound plumage, both of which feature green feathers! Crackle - Grapefruit crackle is very interesting as it gives us not only yellow, but a lovely bit of orange! It makes her look like she is awash in the light of a sunset. Overall I think these genes make her look like a dragon who would give the skies their sunset colors each evening!
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=6&winggene=11&wings=144&auth=b46c04d5a1a878e23ac412f6da4f628494442ccd&dummyext=prev.png

Here are my reasons for each gene!:

Iridescent - I love how saffron iridescent pulls in some pink-grapefruit-looking color and some green, it really shows almost all of the colors associated with our flight.

Peregrine - The somewhat feathery look of peregrine hearkens back to our festival apparel like the windbound mask and the windbound plumage, both of which feature green feathers!

Crackle - Grapefruit crackle is very interesting as it gives us not only yellow, but a lovely bit of orange! It makes her look like she is awash in the light of a sunset.

Overall I think these genes make her look like a dragon who would give the skies their sunset colors each evening!
CUTQvya.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=14&winggene=14&wings=144&auth=6abee65850cdc97f9cfc0a5335d01163538b4f15&dummyext=prev.png[/img] If I think of the Wind flight, I think of Spirals. What's nice about this one, is that Iridescent gives her some green in her primary, which ties into the wings really well. For secondary I ended up picking Hex. It reminds me of the old kites me and my friends would play with when we were younger. And as tertiary she has Runes. Grapefruit has this lovely dual-color thing going on, and while Runes blends in really well, the more orange-y parts of it tie it back nicely to her primary.
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=14&winggene=14&wings=144&auth=6abee65850cdc97f9cfc0a5335d01163538b4f15&dummyext=prev.png
If I think of the Wind flight, I think of Spirals. What's nice about this one, is that Iridescent gives her some green in her primary, which ties into the wings really well. For secondary I ended up picking Hex. It reminds me of the old kites me and my friends would play with when we were younger. And as tertiary she has Runes. Grapefruit has this lovely dual-color thing going on, and while Runes blends in really well, the more orange-y parts of it tie it back nicely to her primary.
P5dRHZ6.png
@Amariel So... this girl has 2/3 colors that I REALLY wanted for my OG wind rep! (Peridot/Grapefruit) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=16&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=7&winggene=5&wings=144&auth=459fbef72d33e250de295a7bcfe7510fb3bbd3da&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Okay, so: I picked Falcon for the body because the Perigrine Falcon is one of my favorite birds, and one of the coolest. I mean, come ON! They can go into a "stoop", which is essentially [i]extremely fast downward flight[/i], and can reach 200mph! If that doesn't sound like some of the Windsinger's magic, I don't know what does. I chose Seraph, because it looks like bird's wings, and also because the colors of Peridot Seraph were something I wanted when I first set my eyes on getting a Wind Rep. It reminds me of bamboo with the whites, the dark green ,and then the light, magical touches of the "in-between" color. Smoke, because it just really looks like mist or some kind of physical manifestation of wind magic, like the dragon's a mage and it's holding the wind in it's scales. It's also one of my favorite terts because it could make or break a good gene combo. I chose a Skydancer because... well. SKYdancer. And also they're one of the Windsinger's creations. I also love how they look. Graceful but deadly, almost like birds of prey or herons. [s](I have a small obsession with birds but HEY what gives)[/s] Anyhoo, in summary. BIRDS, BIRDS AND COLOR GRADIENTS, WIND MAGES, AND GRACE.
@Amariel

So... this girl has 2/3 colors that I REALLY wanted for my OG wind rep! (Peridot/Grapefruit)

dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=16&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=7&winggene=5&wings=144&auth=459fbef72d33e250de295a7bcfe7510fb3bbd3da&dummyext=prev.png

Okay, so:

I picked Falcon for the body because the Perigrine Falcon is one of my favorite birds, and one of the coolest. I mean, come ON! They can go into a "stoop", which is essentially extremely fast downward flight, and can reach 200mph! If that doesn't sound like some of the Windsinger's magic, I don't know what does.

I chose Seraph, because it looks like bird's wings, and also because the colors of Peridot Seraph were something I wanted when I first set my eyes on getting a Wind Rep. It reminds me of bamboo with the whites, the dark green ,and then the light, magical touches of the "in-between" color.

Smoke, because it just really looks like mist or some kind of physical manifestation of wind magic, like the dragon's a mage and it's holding the wind in it's scales. It's also one of my favorite terts because it could make or break a good gene combo.

I chose a Skydancer because... well. SKYdancer. And also they're one of the Windsinger's creations. I also love how they look. Graceful but deadly, almost like birds of prey or herons. (I have a small obsession with birds but HEY what gives)

Anyhoo, in summary. BIRDS, BIRDS AND COLOR GRADIENTS, WIND MAGES, AND GRACE.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=2&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=5&winggene=5&wings=144&auth=6b3d9cd86228fc8ed0873c4f14dce5cb54897fc4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Going with the idea that she has the colors of a kite, and wind's aesthetic, I went with a tiger/seraph/underbelly skydancer. Skydancers have wonderful feathers, and the female pose looks like she's a second from lifting off into the air. Tiger was chosen because of the general aesthetic of the wind flight, the idea of tigers stalking through bamboo forests, and for a strong thematic pattern. Seraph was chosen here because the colors are so clearly divided on skydancers, and the feathers are layered. It reminds me of papercraft, like origami or intricate kites. To go with the "papercraft" theme, I went with a simple underbelly for the tertiary. Grapefruit has very lovely tones, but I really liked the idea of flat, strong colors grounding this design to play up the "kite" idea.
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=2&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=5&winggene=5&wings=144&auth=6b3d9cd86228fc8ed0873c4f14dce5cb54897fc4&dummyext=prev.png

Going with the idea that she has the colors of a kite, and wind's aesthetic, I went with a tiger/seraph/underbelly skydancer.

Skydancers have wonderful feathers, and the female pose looks like she's a second from lifting off into the air.

Tiger was chosen because of the general aesthetic of the wind flight, the idea of tigers stalking through bamboo forests, and for a strong thematic pattern.

Seraph was chosen here because the colors are so clearly divided on skydancers, and the feathers are layered. It reminds me of papercraft, like origami or intricate kites.

To go with the "papercraft" theme, I went with a simple underbelly for the tertiary. Grapefruit has very lovely tones, but I really liked the idea of flat, strong colors grounding this design to play up the "kite" idea.
HELLO HI I'M DEE I like to make hard breeding projects for myself
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=9&winggene=2&wings=144&auth=a6e6ccbf60b3434ef5ff6bd1e2232609d5677dd0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I really like okapi for this gal, I think it just looks great because grapefruit is one of those special colors ^^ And iri makes it fit together perfectly!
dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=9&winggene=2&wings=144&auth=a6e6ccbf60b3434ef5ff6bd1e2232609d5677dd0&dummyext=prev.png

I really like okapi for this gal, I think it just looks great because grapefruit is one of those special colors ^^ And iri makes it fit together perfectly!
XZ9773K.gif
fKJNl8Z.png Staff pls add a Corn item j19IRlq.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45 46