Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Design Your Own Wind Rep!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 45 46
@Amariel

1) Can I please be added to the ping list?

2) Names!

I'd name her Sirocco, which is a type of wind. It's common in spring which is when the mistral jamboree is. It originates in the saharah, which is perfect due to her orange body, which can be a sandy colour. It can be a cooler moist wind if it travels to Europe or hotter and drier if it travels south farther into Africa. The sand in the wind can get everywhere even into buildings! I think the variable characteristics of the wind, plus the time its common, and the lovely sound of it, makes it the perfect name for a wind rep! Especially one who has wings that can be made windy and a body that is sunny and/or sandy depending on the genes!

The runner up name is Delta, after a type of kite. From a kite website:
"The Delta is easy to launch, flies on the lightest of breezes, and almost always sits at a good steep line angle. These characteristics have pushed along the popularity of this design to huge levels, despite having only a fraction of the history of the Diamond and perhaps even the Sled kite."

Not to mention Delta has good name characteristics. It's short, it has a good mix of consonants which makes it more satisfying to say (in my opinion anyways). It's a familiar word but not one that's used in every day speech (as opposed to naming her something like 'wind' or 'kite'). It sounds pretty cool but I don't think it's as good a fit as Sirocco!
@Amariel

1) Can I please be added to the ping list?

2) Names!

I'd name her Sirocco, which is a type of wind. It's common in spring which is when the mistral jamboree is. It originates in the saharah, which is perfect due to her orange body, which can be a sandy colour. It can be a cooler moist wind if it travels to Europe or hotter and drier if it travels south farther into Africa. The sand in the wind can get everywhere even into buildings! I think the variable characteristics of the wind, plus the time its common, and the lovely sound of it, makes it the perfect name for a wind rep! Especially one who has wings that can be made windy and a body that is sunny and/or sandy depending on the genes!

The runner up name is Delta, after a type of kite. From a kite website:
"The Delta is easy to launch, flies on the lightest of breezes, and almost always sits at a good steep line angle. These characteristics have pushed along the popularity of this design to huge levels, despite having only a fraction of the history of the Diamond and perhaps even the Sled kite."

Not to mention Delta has good name characteristics. It's short, it has a good mix of consonants which makes it more satisfying to say (in my opinion anyways). It's a familiar word but not one that's used in every day speech (as opposed to naming her something like 'wind' or 'kite'). It sounds pretty cool but I don't think it's as good a fit as Sirocco!
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
I would name her Willa, just because of the airy and light feel it has that reflects the Wind flight extremely well. Of course, I'm going off of what I'll name my scry, as the name probably won't fit many of the different scries.
I would name her Willa, just because of the airy and light feel it has that reflects the Wind flight extremely well. Of course, I'm going off of what I'll name my scry, as the name probably won't fit many of the different scries.
quill.png
Okay, so, embarrassingly, I used Google Translate for this. I don't put much thought into my derg's names.

However, considering this dragon's Windy roots which is vaguely inspired by Japan and China, I decided to name her Odori-a variation on the Japanese word for dance. The idea of dancing and movement comes up a lot with Wind, and the scry I picked for her looks like she moves a lot, or dances on the wind...yeah, maybe I should have scried a Skydancer but she's pretty as a Mirror and I have like 80 Skydancers.
Okay, so, embarrassingly, I used Google Translate for this. I don't put much thought into my derg's names.

However, considering this dragon's Windy roots which is vaguely inspired by Japan and China, I decided to name her Odori-a variation on the Japanese word for dance. The idea of dancing and movement comes up a lot with Wind, and the scry I picked for her looks like she moves a lot, or dances on the wind...yeah, maybe I should have scried a Skydancer but she's pretty as a Mirror and I have like 80 Skydancers.
O sorrow, I have ended, you see, by respecting you, because I am certain you will never leave me
Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them!

Vindurfalka, it means "Wind Falcon" as separate words (vindur fálka) in Icelandic, still going with the "falcons are cool" theme.
Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them!

Vindurfalka, it means "Wind Falcon" as separate words (vindur fálka) in Icelandic, still going with the "falcons are cool" theme.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
I would definitely name her Dochani. (pronounced Do-kah-nee)

I would name her this for 'Dochas', which is Scottish Gaelic for 'Hope', and 'Makani', which is Hawaiian for 'Breeze', so put together her name means 'Hopeful Breeze'. I chose this for her because she gives off an air of hopefulness, a kind of hope that says tomorrow would be a better day, as the wind changes with each passing of the sun and moon.
I would definitely name her Dochani. (pronounced Do-kah-nee)

I would name her this for 'Dochas', which is Scottish Gaelic for 'Hope', and 'Makani', which is Hawaiian for 'Breeze', so put together her name means 'Hopeful Breeze'. I chose this for her because she gives off an air of hopefulness, a kind of hope that says tomorrow would be a better day, as the wind changes with each passing of the sun and moon.
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
I would name her Minokawa, a bird that's apart of the dragon family. It's believed that this bird is so large, it can swallow the sun. In legend it swallowed the moon and because everyone down below was screaming in panic, the bird opened its mouth and the moon escaped. I chose it because it was apart of mythology and it also references dragons, which I think is pretty cool.
I would name her Minokawa, a bird that's apart of the dragon family. It's believed that this bird is so large, it can swallow the sun. In legend it swallowed the moon and because everyone down below was screaming in panic, the bird opened its mouth and the moon escaped. I chose it because it was apart of mythology and it also references dragons, which I think is pretty cool.
m6vglJ1.png
I would name her Epitaph, because I see her as an oracle who cannot speak.

Basically, her pearl has a fierce wind spirit locked inside of it, and when people look into her pearl they sometimes see visions of how they'll die.

So in a way meeting her is like looking into your graves - I.E, an Epitaph.

It's a little bit of a cheesy pun, lol!
I would name her Epitaph, because I see her as an oracle who cannot speak.

Basically, her pearl has a fierce wind spirit locked inside of it, and when people look into her pearl they sometimes see visions of how they'll die.

So in a way meeting her is like looking into your graves - I.E, an Epitaph.

It's a little bit of a cheesy pun, lol!
Hey, you should follow my Instagram and buy my cool ART!
I'd call her Nacrea

Nacreous Clouds are beautiful, multi-colored clouds that have a kind of Iridescent look to them (which is the gene I'd give her).
I'd call her Nacrea

Nacreous Clouds are beautiful, multi-colored clouds that have a kind of Iridescent look to them (which is the gene I'd give her).
P5dRHZ6.png
I'd name her Caltha! It's the name of a genus of marigolds (which I like and think fits her colours fairly well) I chose this name because I think it's pretty and would fit in well with my Nature clan.
I'd name her Caltha! It's the name of a genus of marigolds (which I like and think fits her colours fairly well) I chose this name because I think it's pretty and would fit in well with my Nature clan.
earthflower.pngfood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.giffood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifearthflower.png
I think Tuulikki would be a good name for her.

In addition to being cute as heck, it means "little wind"; it is the name of a goddess in Finnish folklore, daughter of Tapio, the god of wind and wilderness. She's a very special gal, and I'd love the idea of her being a beautiful daughter to Windsinger himself granted to the mortal realm!
I think Tuulikki would be a good name for her.

In addition to being cute as heck, it means "little wind"; it is the name of a goddess in Finnish folklore, daughter of Tapio, the god of wind and wilderness. She's a very special gal, and I'd love the idea of her being a beautiful daughter to Windsinger himself granted to the mortal realm!
•• ~ Dragon Pairs ~ ••
•• ~ SD & Spiral Adoptables ~ ••
•• ~ Glynn's Lost&Found Eggs ~ ••
•• ~ Free Baldwin Brewing ~ ••

• Female • 25 • Italy • +9 hrs •
65fab9930c.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 45 46