Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 158 159
ANCIENT BREED OH MY G O D YES

i'm so excited for this!! i don't care if they can't wear apparel because WYVERNS, DRAKES, W Y R M S??? HECK YEAH!!!
i've never been so excited about an update until now omg

but, just a question: are the ancient breeds the first versions of the modern dragons? i read through the announcement awfully quickly so i couldn't catch a glance about them
ANCIENT BREED OH MY G O D YES

i'm so excited for this!! i don't care if they can't wear apparel because WYVERNS, DRAKES, W Y R M S??? HECK YEAH!!!
i've never been so excited about an update until now omg

but, just a question: are the ancient breeds the first versions of the modern dragons? i read through the announcement awfully quickly so i couldn't catch a glance about them
Giant frog god ate the tidelord

@kitlin
Giant frog god ate the tidelord

@kitlin
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
You've done so many amazing works! Thank you!!!

Also exciting for ancient breed!!!
You've done so many amazing works! Thank you!!!

Also exciting for ancient breed!!!
single_by_jellocepd-dblptdn.png
I'm super excited to see what y'all come up with for the ancient breeds now that there will be fewer restrictions on tertiaries and the four limbs two wings one head rule! And definitely looking forward to putting them in my lore.

Thank you for such a transparent update
I'm super excited to see what y'all come up with for the ancient breeds now that there will be fewer restrictions on tertiaries and the four limbs two wings one head rule! And definitely looking forward to putting them in my lore.

Thank you for such a transparent update
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Seadramon" date="2019-04-15 07:02:55" ] I gotta ask, though, will ancient breeds have the eye types applicable to current breeds (both Natural/Unnatural), or will they have their own? ... Or both? [emoji=special eyes][emoji=special eyes] edit: accidentally a word [/quote] And will a modern dragon with special eyes revert to basic if you scroll them to ancient?
Seadramon wrote on 2019-04-15 07:02:55:
I gotta ask, though, will ancient breeds have the eye types applicable to current breeds (both Natural/Unnatural), or will they have their own? ... Or both?

edit: accidentally a word

And will a modern dragon with special eyes revert to basic if you scroll them to ancient?
iXNOttm.gif
Okay, so this actually sounds really cool, but I have some questions.

1.) Will we be able to brew, scavenge, or somehow obtain exclusively Ancient unhatched eggs? I know there's mention of several methods being available, the eggs are the only one I'm curious about.

2.) Why will they not be able to breed with modern breeds? I know they will have different genes and stuff, but wouldn't it be possible to just make it so the Ancient offspring is guaranteed the genes of the Ancient parent and the modern babies get the modern parent's genes? This is merely curiosity. I kind of like the idea that they can't cross-breed, as that makes them more unique.

3.) Since you don't want an apparel backlog for them, does this mean it is canonical that they think clothes are weird and like to be naked?

4.) Will accents/skins/skincents for Ancient breeds be included in festivals?

5.) ... Does this mean we could get that wyvern thingy that's the background on empty lair slots? The one that got beat out by the Nocturnes because it only had two legs?
Okay, so this actually sounds really cool, but I have some questions.

1.) Will we be able to brew, scavenge, or somehow obtain exclusively Ancient unhatched eggs? I know there's mention of several methods being available, the eggs are the only one I'm curious about.

2.) Why will they not be able to breed with modern breeds? I know they will have different genes and stuff, but wouldn't it be possible to just make it so the Ancient offspring is guaranteed the genes of the Ancient parent and the modern babies get the modern parent's genes? This is merely curiosity. I kind of like the idea that they can't cross-breed, as that makes them more unique.

3.) Since you don't want an apparel backlog for them, does this mean it is canonical that they think clothes are weird and like to be naked?

4.) Will accents/skins/skincents for Ancient breeds be included in festivals?

5.) ... Does this mean we could get that wyvern thingy that's the background on empty lair slots? The one that got beat out by the Nocturnes because it only had two legs?
Untitled2165.png O Oh Stormcatcher what have I started...
I love the whole ancient breed concept!
I love the whole ancient breed concept!
4LxiTjz.gif
[quote]A general wonderment: if you do ever need to hire more artists, will you make an announcement, or quietly add it to the Employment tab in the footer?[/quote] @Univorn, when we have open positions they are posted on the Employment Opportunities page, as well as announced.
Quote:
A general wonderment: if you do ever need to hire more artists, will you make an announcement, or quietly add it to the Employment tab in the footer?

@Univorn, when we have open positions they are posted on the Employment Opportunities page, as well as announced.
I love the solution to introduce Ancient Breeds and absolutely can't wait to see what creative ideas the team comes up without without the constraints put on modern breeds. [emoji=water rune]And oh thank the gods our dad isn't dead he just went out for a smoke guys its [i]fine[/i][emoji=water rune]
I love the solution to introduce Ancient Breeds and absolutely can't wait to see what creative ideas the team comes up without without the constraints put on modern breeds.
And oh thank the gods our dad isn't dead he just went out for a smoke guys its fine
S1RYPFw.png
This sounds so incredible!! I'm so glad you guys are espousing fair working standards, too. It's always important to keep your health-- human health is way more important than virtual dragons!
This sounds so incredible!! I'm so glad you guys are espousing fair working standards, too. It's always important to keep your health-- human health is way more important than virtual dragons!
YUDrFCG.png
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 158 159