Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | What happened to the price of Eliminate?
1 2
I haven't actively played in about 3 years and the price seems drastically higher than I remember it being. What happened? Are they a rarer drop now? Where do they even come from? I can't seem remember in the slightest.

I have 7 in my hoard and I was thinking about rearranging my attack battle stones on my fodder leveling team to make the new keybinds feel a little better and so I could remove a button form the naga binds I made for it but I'm glad I checked out the prices before I started to replace anything, because holy cow, that price tag! haha

Edit - Wow I just realised that there's a button for rearranging stones now! That hasn't always been a thing, has it? Maybe my memory is just faulty
I haven't actively played in about 3 years and the price seems drastically higher than I remember it being. What happened? Are they a rarer drop now? Where do they even come from? I can't seem remember in the slightest.

I have 7 in my hoard and I was thinking about rearranging my attack battle stones on my fodder leveling team to make the new keybinds feel a little better and so I could remove a button form the naga binds I made for it but I'm glad I checked out the prices before I started to replace anything, because holy cow, that price tag! haha

Edit - Wow I just realised that there's a button for rearranging stones now! That hasn't always been a thing, has it? Maybe my memory is just faulty
@Amrie
They're just a super rare drop (it increased rarity at some point, maybe since you first left) and it doesnt drop in the most popular venue (the mire). So even though demand is increasing with countless new members, supply is definitely not increasing much at all

Edit: ahummmmm and if you're looking for something to do with all of those I uhhh I don't have any ahem ahum
@Amrie
They're just a super rare drop (it increased rarity at some point, maybe since you first left) and it doesnt drop in the most popular venue (the mire). So even though demand is increasing with countless new members, supply is definitely not increasing much at all

Edit: ahummmmm and if you're looking for something to do with all of those I uhhh I don't have any ahem ahum
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
@Amrie
Here's a bit of a breakdown as to what's going on with Eliminates and the high prices.

1. Eliminate has always been a rare Coli Only drop. That fact alone doesn't help supplies. (except for a small window of time in which you could rarely get it from pinkerton, but it was long enough ago, and is no longer available through this means, that it no longer affects eliminate prices)

2. Eliminate is THE best offensive battlestone. No other battlestone can compete with it, and there are no alternative builds/setups you can use that come close to what Eliminate dragons can do.

(Unless you go with a build/team setup that doesn't use Eliminate in the first place. But still, if you want to grind fast and efficiently, or have a fodder trainer, Eliminate is essential for that kind of gameplay.)

3. A full year of monthly Welcome Weeks, culminating in Open Registration in March 2018. More players means more demand, and Eliminates were always limited in supply due to their rarity.

In early 2016, Eliminates were sitting at 120-150kT, occasionally getting up to 200kT. Then the monthly Welcome Weeks began in Oct 2016. A year later—and I do literally mean a year later, in Oct 2017, which is when there was a lot of talk in FRD about the prices of these stones—Eliminate had reached 350-400kT.

And when full-time registration was opened, Eliminate jumped up again in price to around 500-550kT. And the price continued to climb.

4. The most popular venue to level fodder in (the Mire) doesn't, and has never, dropped Eliminate. And unfortunately, the two most popular how-to guides for leveling dragons advertise the Mire Flyer, a build designed to grind the Mire.

Also, for a long time the most popular venue to grind for festival currency was the Arena, which drops a lot of battlestones including Eliminate. However after the addition of new venues and new enemies to older venues (which in turn gave each venue a more specific element leaning), where people grind to get the most festival currency changes on a monthly basis.

So again less people in places where Eliminate can drop, less supply in general.

Venues that Drop Eliminate were updated on 11/18/2019, Eliminate now drops in the Mire, but were removed from the first 4 venues. Full drop list in Game Database or Maki's Battle Stones Guide.

5. The Coli is super lucrative, and everyone knows it.

Between leveling/exalting fodder, hoardselling junk, and selling food, Familiars and other mats, you basically print your own money with the Coli. How much money just depends on how much time you want to invest.

And if you want to make money fast and efficiently, well you're probably going to get yourself a dragon with Eliminate. Getting even just one dragon with Eliminate will pay for itself. 600kT 200-250kt might seem ridiculous (and it certainly is for new or casual players), but 600kT 200kt is spare change to players who actively use the Coli and participate in things like Dom.

6. When Glimmer and Gloom was introduced and the trick to beating it quickly figured out, fairgrounds became ridiculously easy for players to make a good income. 525kt each week at 10-20 minutes a day, to be precise. Which means "Cheaper" Eliminates were snapped up shortly after the guides were made available in early July 2018, driving the prices even higher in the following weeks to over 700kt.

After Galore's Eliminate gift, G&G made it extremely easy to obtain an eliminate in less than a week of play.

7. Micro-holidays, and EXP boosts. Everytime there's been a Micro-holiday or an EXP boost, it brings more attention to the Coliseum and how easy it is to make money with a dragon equipped with Eliminate. which temporarily increases demand and raises prices during and slightly after the events until intrest drops once again and supply has the chance to replenish and stabilize the prizes to what they were before the event, if not just a little higher.

8. Galore’s Glorious Gifts debuted on May 20, 2019 with 2 free eliminates to be claimed by any active account anytime during that week.

Within the month after, prices steadily dropped from 650-680kt down to 170-200kt. due to the excessive supply available and low demand.

**Dustcarve Dig gave out the Dustcarve Battle Cache around the Site's 8th anniversary, giving active players another easy eliminate, and the prices in the AH dropped to below 200kt for the first time in 4 years.**

9. With the addition of the Game Database on 12/04/2019, the Coli Drop system was updated as well, helping to balance out the eliminate drops and keep prices closer to 200-250kt.
@Amrie
Here's a bit of a breakdown as to what's going on with Eliminates and the high prices.

1. Eliminate has always been a rare Coli Only drop. That fact alone doesn't help supplies. (except for a small window of time in which you could rarely get it from pinkerton, but it was long enough ago, and is no longer available through this means, that it no longer affects eliminate prices)

2. Eliminate is THE best offensive battlestone. No other battlestone can compete with it, and there are no alternative builds/setups you can use that come close to what Eliminate dragons can do.

(Unless you go with a build/team setup that doesn't use Eliminate in the first place. But still, if you want to grind fast and efficiently, or have a fodder trainer, Eliminate is essential for that kind of gameplay.)

3. A full year of monthly Welcome Weeks, culminating in Open Registration in March 2018. More players means more demand, and Eliminates were always limited in supply due to their rarity.

In early 2016, Eliminates were sitting at 120-150kT, occasionally getting up to 200kT. Then the monthly Welcome Weeks began in Oct 2016. A year later—and I do literally mean a year later, in Oct 2017, which is when there was a lot of talk in FRD about the prices of these stones—Eliminate had reached 350-400kT.

And when full-time registration was opened, Eliminate jumped up again in price to around 500-550kT. And the price continued to climb.

4. The most popular venue to level fodder in (the Mire) doesn't, and has never, dropped Eliminate. And unfortunately, the two most popular how-to guides for leveling dragons advertise the Mire Flyer, a build designed to grind the Mire.

Also, for a long time the most popular venue to grind for festival currency was the Arena, which drops a lot of battlestones including Eliminate. However after the addition of new venues and new enemies to older venues (which in turn gave each venue a more specific element leaning), where people grind to get the most festival currency changes on a monthly basis.

So again less people in places where Eliminate can drop, less supply in general.

Venues that Drop Eliminate were updated on 11/18/2019, Eliminate now drops in the Mire, but were removed from the first 4 venues. Full drop list in Game Database or Maki's Battle Stones Guide.

5. The Coli is super lucrative, and everyone knows it.

Between leveling/exalting fodder, hoardselling junk, and selling food, Familiars and other mats, you basically print your own money with the Coli. How much money just depends on how much time you want to invest.

And if you want to make money fast and efficiently, well you're probably going to get yourself a dragon with Eliminate. Getting even just one dragon with Eliminate will pay for itself. 600kT 200-250kt might seem ridiculous (and it certainly is for new or casual players), but 600kT 200kt is spare change to players who actively use the Coli and participate in things like Dom.

6. When Glimmer and Gloom was introduced and the trick to beating it quickly figured out, fairgrounds became ridiculously easy for players to make a good income. 525kt each week at 10-20 minutes a day, to be precise. Which means "Cheaper" Eliminates were snapped up shortly after the guides were made available in early July 2018, driving the prices even higher in the following weeks to over 700kt.

After Galore's Eliminate gift, G&G made it extremely easy to obtain an eliminate in less than a week of play.

7. Micro-holidays, and EXP boosts. Everytime there's been a Micro-holiday or an EXP boost, it brings more attention to the Coliseum and how easy it is to make money with a dragon equipped with Eliminate. which temporarily increases demand and raises prices during and slightly after the events until intrest drops once again and supply has the chance to replenish and stabilize the prizes to what they were before the event, if not just a little higher.

8. Galore’s Glorious Gifts debuted on May 20, 2019 with 2 free eliminates to be claimed by any active account anytime during that week.

Within the month after, prices steadily dropped from 650-680kt down to 170-200kt. due to the excessive supply available and low demand.

**Dustcarve Dig gave out the Dustcarve Battle Cache around the Site's 8th anniversary, giving active players another easy eliminate, and the prices in the AH dropped to below 200kt for the first time in 4 years.**

9. With the addition of the Game Database on 12/04/2019, the Coli Drop system was updated as well, helping to balance out the eliminate drops and keep prices closer to 200-250kt.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@Woodkid Thank you for the info and I'm really sorry but I'd prefer to hold onto them as I had/have plans to level a lot more of my dragons now that I have time to do so again. Sorry! :(
@Woodkid Thank you for the info and I'm really sorry but I'd prefer to hold onto them as I had/have plans to level a lot more of my dragons now that I have time to do so again. Sorry! :(
@Anourou Thank you for all of the points, it's given me a pretty good understanding of the happenings and it sounds like quite a bit has happened in the time I've been gone! I'll definitely have to get back into some more serious coli grinding as I really didn't leave myself with much in the way of currency when I stopped playing haha
Also thanks for all of the useful links in you signature!
@Anourou Thank you for all of the points, it's given me a pretty good understanding of the happenings and it sounds like quite a bit has happened in the time I've been gone! I'll definitely have to get back into some more serious coli grinding as I really didn't leave myself with much in the way of currency when I stopped playing haha
Also thanks for all of the useful links in you signature!
@Amrie OH yeah definitely. I was 100000% joking you need to keep those bad boys!!!!
@Amrie OH yeah definitely. I was 100000% joking you need to keep those bad boys!!!!
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
@Amrie

no problem glad to help.

as for the stone re-arranging, that's a new feature as of the Coliseum Revamp that happened around February March of this year. Details were disclosed back in January
@Amrie

no problem glad to help.

as for the stone re-arranging, that's a new feature as of the Coliseum Revamp that happened around February March of this year. Details were disclosed back in January
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
(Is it still okay to post on an old topic? Idek, lol)

So if i heard correctly, the arena can drop eliminate? Thats lvl 17, and my coli dragons are only level 10. (Though strangely, the first battle stone i got was berserker)

So my real question, should i be using specific flights with specific builds on specific dragons to farm the arena? (Can you farm the arena? This game is so complicated)

Is there a guide that tells me this information? I dont want to get attached to my current coli dergs if i shouldnt be using them in the long run.

Thanks,
-SW
(Is it still okay to post on an old topic? Idek, lol)

So if i heard correctly, the arena can drop eliminate? Thats lvl 17, and my coli dragons are only level 10. (Though strangely, the first battle stone i got was berserker)

So my real question, should i be using specific flights with specific builds on specific dragons to farm the arena? (Can you farm the arena? This game is so complicated)

Is there a guide that tells me this information? I dont want to get attached to my current coli dergs if i shouldnt be using them in the long run.

Thanks,
-SW
@SaltyWaffles
It’s generally recommended to make a new thread for different questions in the help center
It’s actually possible for coli to drop eliminate in every venue except for crystal pools, but it’s very rare overall. Outside of fodder training venues there’s no real recommended element, so if you plan on using that team for general farming then any element works just fine
@SaltyWaffles
It’s generally recommended to make a new thread for different questions in the help center
It’s actually possible for coli to drop eliminate in every venue except for crystal pools, but it’s very rare overall. Outside of fodder training venues there’s no real recommended element, so if you plan on using that team for general farming then any element works just fine
unknown.png
@SaltyWaffles

Please don't post on old topics, it makes it harder to find your question and they often contain outdated information. Here it's always better to either make your own thread, or post on a sticky

At the moment any venue other than Crystal Pools can drop Eliminates. Arena used to have a decent drop rate but I wouldn't really trust that information anymore. The last I saw Sandswept Delta was recommended for Eliminate farming, but farming it in general is the worst option - it's better to farm for funds (Volcanic Vents is the best), or use Fairgrounds which is the best if you know how to play Glimmer and Gloom (if you don't, there are guides), and buy the stones from AH

Coliseum Drops (Text Only) lists what drops where, and it includes lists of what venues are good for treasure and food ^ ^

You definitely can't farm Arena yet (and I really don't recommend you do), but some lv25 builds (trainers, mostly) do require specific elements to work well so it's good to plan ahead if you are planning for those. Maki’s Guide has the current lv25 builds and the recommendations for them, but in a nutshell: farming can be done with anything, but the trainers require Nature or Water (Ruins) or Arcane (Mire), so I'd include one of those in your first team

As for pre-lv25 stats, you need a levelling guide - Sedona Guide if no Elims, or Culex Guide if/once you have Elims.

@SaltyWaffles

Please don't post on old topics, it makes it harder to find your question and they often contain outdated information. Here it's always better to either make your own thread, or post on a sticky

At the moment any venue other than Crystal Pools can drop Eliminates. Arena used to have a decent drop rate but I wouldn't really trust that information anymore. The last I saw Sandswept Delta was recommended for Eliminate farming, but farming it in general is the worst option - it's better to farm for funds (Volcanic Vents is the best), or use Fairgrounds which is the best if you know how to play Glimmer and Gloom (if you don't, there are guides), and buy the stones from AH

Coliseum Drops (Text Only) lists what drops where, and it includes lists of what venues are good for treasure and food ^ ^

You definitely can't farm Arena yet (and I really don't recommend you do), but some lv25 builds (trainers, mostly) do require specific elements to work well so it's good to plan ahead if you are planning for those. Maki’s Guide has the current lv25 builds and the recommendations for them, but in a nutshell: farming can be done with anything, but the trainers require Nature or Water (Ruins) or Arcane (Mire), so I'd include one of those in your first team

As for pre-lv25 stats, you need a levelling guide - Sedona Guide if no Elims, or Culex Guide if/once you have Elims.

hWsjkHE.png
1 2